Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should troll Fancy Pelosi be allowed to stay?
This poll is closed.
Yes 160 32.92%
No 326 67.08%
Total: 486 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!
I want to talk about UFOs some more and the $$ that Harry Reid probably grifted for his buddy.

First we start with Robert Bigelow. Son of rich white dude, Bigelow is now a richer white dude who made his fortune off real estate and owning Budget Suites of America. He uses his money to fund Bigelow Aerospace (mainly making inflatable habitats for the ISS) , and paranormal research. His paranormal fever was fueled by the death by suicide of his two sons.

More importantly for this story he founded and funded The National Institute for Discovery Science (NIDSci). NIDSci is a "defunct (as of 2004) group for scientific study of paranormal phenomena. The NIDS performed research in the area of cattle mutilation and black triangle reports." He (through NIDSci) bought the famous "Skinwalker Ranch" known for "anecdotal sightings of UFOs, bigfoot-like creatures, crop circles, glowing orbs and poltergeist activity reported by its former owners."

Now on to Bigelow's buddy Harry Reid (D) NV Senator from 1987 to 2017. We know from campaign finance records that Bigelow, gave Reid at least $10,000 from 1998 to 2008.

In 2007 Reid with the help of Senators Daniel Inouye (D-Hawaii) and Ted Stevens (R-Alaska), started the Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program (AATIP).
with funding of $22 million over the five years until the available appropriations were ended in 2012. The program was first made public on December 16, 2017.

Next lets talk about the leadership of the AATIP.

The project was run by a mysterious man named Luis Elizondo. He has popped back up lately in the news with that 60-Minutes report.

quote:

Luis “Lue” Elizondo is the former director of the Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program (ATTIP), the secretive Pentagon unit that studied UFOs. As a senior counterintelligence officer for the Department of Defense, he operated throughout Afghanistan, the Middle East and Latin America. He’s a trained Special Agent who has led countless tactical and strategic missions both during wartime and times of peace. He also conducted sensitive source operations against some of America’s toughest adversaries. Lue is the team’s lead field investigator, continuing in the civilian world the work he did inside the Pentagon’s AATIP program.

It is unclear how much of that is true. We are not even sure he lead the project.

quote:

the only official statement that he ever worked for the Department of Defense at all was made just once, by a briefly-employed Pentagon spokesperson named Dana White. Multiple Freedom of Information Act requests have failed to find any connection between Elizondo and AATIP. All we know for sure about Elizondo is that he now works for Tom DeLonge's (Blink 182) film production company, called To The Stars Academy of Arts & Science (TTSA). Although TTSA makes grandiloquent claims of doing research and so forth, they're registered as a film production company with the Securities and Exchange Commission and their only significant project to date is a UFO series for the History Channel.

Deputy Administrator for AATIP from 2008-2011 was Colm Kelleher, who was the former head of Bigelow's NIDSci. After leaving he joined the same TTSA film company.

Ok so the AATIP was lead by Bigelow's UFO research buddies who all joined the same UFO documentary company after the project was finished.

But again where did the money go?

It went to a contract to Bigelow Aerospace Advanced Space Studies (BAASS). That is right the majority went to Bigelow. So now we ask what did they produce with that $22 mil

1. 494-page report. CLASSIFIED
2. Monthly reports sent to the Pentagon. ( Elizondo says he quit the program because his reports were not being taken seriously)
3. Funded and Published 38 studies.

One of these studies was “Traversable Wormholes, Stargates, and Negative Energy,” led by Eric W. Davis of EarthTech International Inc. Now who founded EarthTech International? Harold Puthoff, who also co founded .... the film production company To The Stars Academy of Arts & Science....

So Harry Reid basically gave $22 million to Bigelow who funded his old UFO research buddies projects, and History Channel UFO shows.

In closing eat the rich.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

haveblue posted:

Cause exactly the kind of leftist infighting that's starting ITT

There's no leftist infighting ITT.

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

Mischievous Mink posted:

You keep reducing it down to "not answering a question from a politico reporter" but that's not really what people are taking issue about at all, quit being so dishonest.

If the total of Trump's anti free press behavior had been not answering a question from a politico reporter and making a joke about standing in front of his car, I still wouldn't have cared.

It's two separate things, I wish the administration did more in response to Israeli war crimes but almost nothing could get me to care about Biden making the car joke.

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
Historical events like election outcomes can have more than one proximate cause and Nader's campaign absolutely cost Gore Florida. Nader did it on purpose, which is what really discredited the Greens for a generation, he had some real momentum and could have built a base for the Party in the Pacific Northwest but he chose to campaign in swing states to play spoiler.

DynamicSloth fucked around with this message at 02:48 on May 19, 2021

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

James Garfield posted:

If the total of Trump's anti free press behavior was refusing to answer one question from a politico reporter I wouldn't think that was a problem either

Vorik posted:

If that's all Trump did then I wouldn't care. That journalist will be alright. I'm sure he's a big boy and can take a light joke.

So does that mean that the first time that Trump did something like this you were OK with it?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/sarahnferris/status/1394815678314696715

This creates a problem for Kevin McCarthy

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

McCarthy has managed to prove himself an even more of a feckless two faced fool than Graham in just a few months. It’s great seeing this.

Vorik fucked around with this message at 03:03 on May 19, 2021

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Interesting that even a double-digit amount of Rs are willing to vote for this. Guess they're hoping it'll die unnoticed in the Senate.

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

Willa Rogers posted:

That reminds me: Have there been any constitutional challenges to the anti-BDS laws in some states? Because I don't know how that poo poo can fly under the First.

There’s one in Georgia.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/2/10/civil-rights-groups-sue-over-us-states-israel-boycott-law

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

Fister Roboto posted:

So does that mean that the first time that Trump did something like this you were OK with it?

I don't actually remember Trump doing anything like that (not saying he didn't) but if he did it still wouldn't really matter to me? Trump did a lot of more substantial things w.r.t press freedom.

I'm not sure what your end goal is here.

jet sanchEz
Oct 24, 2001

Lousy Manipulative Dog
Didn't Obama pick Biden as his running mate specifically to get the Israeli vote?

That's how I remember it...

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

ram dass in hell posted:

There's no leftist infighting ITT.

There's nothing but leftists ITT

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005

DynamicSloth posted:

Historical events like election outcomes can have more than one proximate cause and Nader's campaign absolutely cost Gore Florida. Nader did it on purpose, which is what really discredited the Greens for a generation, he had some real momentum and could have built a base for the Party in the Pacific Northwest but he chose to campaign in swing states to play spoiler.

Greens should be discredited forever.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

The libs are getting better at comedy and it's making the right worry.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Vorik posted:

Actually he looks like someone we're more recently familiar with

https://twitter.com/WintersNight18/status/1394666214580948997?s=20

Herstory Begins Now posted:

Butthead and Butthead is all I can see here

More like

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Handsome Ralph posted:

IDK about anymore, but he was driving as late as 2013 or so. I recall someone here posting some video of him driving himself, Melania, and Baron back from some event in a Bentley or something. Too lazy to go digging for it though.

I would totally be ready to believe he can't drive to save his life but

:shrug: That poo poo's no joke

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011
i do not have 10,000 bircoins, please stop asking

Jaxyon posted:

Is this why there’s all these weird spin-off forums like Kiwi-Farms or SASS? I’m assuming most of the right wing people decided to leave rather than reconcile with their beliefs?

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck
a) i think the gas prices there give away how old that picture was
2) i literally kicked that guys rear end in yakuza 0

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

jet sanchEz posted:

Didn't Obama pick Biden as his running mate specifically to get the Israeli vote?

He did a bad job, because Obama never won a seat in the Knesset.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

what i find funny is if they had just shut the gently caress up, they probably would have been able to gently caress commission all they wanted. but they got mad and blew their load loudly and in public.

Rea posted:

Interesting that even a double-digit amount of Rs are willing to vote for this. Guess they're hoping it'll die unnoticed in the Senate.

its a mix of that plus some of them hoping that if they let the dems do this, it will eventually go away.

https://twitter.com/soniamoghe/status/1394832841683488768

also lol.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Kraftwerk posted:

Is this why there’s all these weird spin-off forums like Kiwi-Farms or SASS? I’m assuming most of the right wing people decided to leave rather than reconcile with their beliefs?
I believe those two were more about their inalienable right to say various slurs. I'm not sure where all the right-wing people went - perhaps they just stopped posting in political threads (it would be difficult to spot a chud in a cooking thread if they weren't aggressive), perhaps they got wise. Who knows.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Turnout for the Pennsylvania election was 7%.

Krasner is looking in good shape. The mayor of Pittsburgh got primaried.

Lustful Man Hugs
Jul 18, 2010

Raenir Salazar posted:

Almost as good as that track record in the Senate that meant Biden would embrace austerity?

Am I missing some sort of context to this statement? Biden has explicitly supported Israel multiple times in the past few days.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Turnout for the Pennsylvania election was 7%.

Krasner is looking in good shape. The mayor of Pittsburgh got primaried.

yeah i voted today after going to gettysburg for the first time in decades(loving amazing, go if you can, the museum is great and its facinating to be at the high water mark of the confederacy).

i am happy the two GOP amendments are probably gonna lose.

did the mayor suck?

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah i voted today after going to gettysburg for the first time in decades(loving amazing, go if you can, the museum is great and its facinating to be at the high water mark of the confederacy).

i am happy the two GOP amendments are probably gonna lose.

did the mayor suck?

Current Mayor was an old white progressive and he was primaried by a young black moderate.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

jet sanchEz posted:

*Jewish vote - I know you didn't mean to but please don't conflate Jewish and Israeli, most Jews have no connection to the country apart from the propaganda we got in Hebrew school and maybe going on aliyah in college as a result of said propaganda.

That didn't work, my super Orthodox relatives fell into the Obama's a secret Muslim/Muslim sympathizer poo poo with bonus proxy racism due to the rift between Jewish and black residents in New York City. Everyone apart from the ultra-Orthodox was/is voting Democratic regardless.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Nessus posted:

I believe those two were more about their inalienable right to say various slurs. I'm not sure where all the right-wing people went - perhaps they just stopped posting in political threads (it would be difficult to spot a chud in a cooking thread if they weren't aggressive), perhaps they got wise. Who knows.

A bunch of them got perma'd in 2008 due to toxxing for McCain lol

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

did the mayor suck?

I can't find much about him, but Gainey looks like a standard Dem, from his voting history.

Krasner is looking in good shape.

I was a bit worried earlier when I saw how hard the cop unions were going in on trying to get Krasner out, even if I don't live in Philadelphia or even Pennsylvania; what does "good shape" mean here?

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

It’s good to see cops eat poo poo and Krasner looks to be winning by a landslide. The cop union went all out trying to discredit Krasner. loving owned lol. Pedudo lost because of his handling of the protests last year. Cops were tear gassing and shooting rubber bullets at people.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Rea posted:

I can't find much about him, but Gainey looks like a standard Dem, from his voting history.

I was a bit worried earlier when I saw how hard the cop unions were going in on trying to get Krasner out, even if I don't live in Philadelphia or even Pennsylvania; what does "good shape" mean here?

He's winning by about 30 points with 55% of the vote in. All the mail-in ballots that were for him came in and were counted, so his vote share is most likely going to go down from here. He'd need to lose really bad in the remaining area (which are his opponent's strongest areas) in order to actually lose by a reasonable amount, but if he gets beaten by less than 66/33 there, then he is fine.

Leon Trotsky 2012 fucked around with this message at 03:50 on May 19, 2021

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Kraftwerk posted:

I thought Kiwifarms was a spin off of 4chan tbh, since the average user there reminds me of like what passed for "edgy" posting in like 2007.

It does have a very "Helldumpy" feel to it though

Did those people just never grow up or something?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/cruickshank/status/1394842924735627265?s=20

I saw someone say that the new Pitt mayor is a moderate, but this one's saying they're a progressive. Anyone have anything specific to cite about the guy one way or the other?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Kiwi Farms grew out of a forum for people who were obsessed with Chris Chan, as I recall.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Those Yinzers in Pittsburgh need to redd up and shake down their gum bands. 7% voter turnout is dippy low.

Jeet Jeet? I'm aht.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Current Mayor was an old white progressive and he was primaried by a young black moderate.

Not going to pretend I'm an expert on local PA politics but I'm shocked to see the "moderate" in the race endorsed by DSA reps Lee and Innamorato. Can you elaborate on your description of Gainey?

Eta: Lee also picked up a Bernie endorsement in 2020 as she fought off a pro-fracking primary challenge

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Jaxyon posted:

No, there's like 5 of them, and they seem largely in agreement.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Vorik posted:

It’s good to see cops eat poo poo and Krasner looks to be winning by a landslide. The cop union went all out trying to discredit Krasner. loving owned lol. Pedudo lost because of his handling of the protests last year. Cops were tear gassing and shooting rubber bullets at people.

yeah the cops being cops this summer mixed with all the recent poo poo(i believe there were like 2 murder by cops in philly as well as the MOVE bombing coming back into news because the kids bones were in the Penn museum).

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

He's winning by about 30 points with 55% of the vote in. All the mail-in ballots that were for him came in and were counted, so his vote share is most likely going to go down from here. He'd need to lose really bad in the remaining area (which are his opponent's strongest areas) in order to actually lose by a reasonable amount, but if he gets beaten by less than 66/33 there, then he is fine.

Checking Philadelphia's election results website, looks like 64% of districts have reported in, and Krasner is at 64% of the vote—is that the 55% of the vote you were referring to, or is the race over by this point?

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Spiritus Nox posted:

https://twitter.com/cruickshank/status/1394842924735627265?s=20

I saw someone say that the new Pitt mayor is a moderate, but this one's saying they're a progressive. Anyone have anything specific to cite about the guy one way or the other?

Both are pro-police reform, but the new guy is friendlier to the police and thinks they need to expand community policing programs instead of talking about defunding the police.

New Mayor also has a bunch of NIMBY policies to prevent construction in black neighborhoods to keep property values higher.

He's also religious and has a few bad votes along those lines. He's got a 21% rating from an evangelical political group and the incumbent mayor had 0%.

They are probably on the same page for 95% of issues.

Leon Trotsky 2012 fucked around with this message at 04:03 on May 19, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Rea posted:

Checking Philadelphia's election results website, looks like 64% of districts have reported in, and Krasner is at 64% of the vote—is that the 55% of the vote you were referring to, or is the race over by this point?

Yeah, he was at that level earlier. And if they are down to 1/3 of the vote left, then Krasner has won unless he starts losing 85-15 in all remaining districts.