Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Sterf posted:

I get pessimistic about any kind of revolution against capitalism ever taking place when I watch the US and how in that capitalist hellscape there still is no change of any resistance whatsoever to speak of. The US system is my literal nightmare scenario but I'll guess that's going to happen here too in glorious europe in the coming years.
yeah we'll just roll over :smith:
and the US will be held up as an example of this poo poo working

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Ruffian Price posted:

yeah we'll just roll over :smith:
and the US will be held up as an example of this poo poo working

Everything is fine! We like to not be able to afford basic healthcare!

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Sterf posted:

I get pessimistic about any kind of revolution against capitalism ever taking place when I watch the US and how in that capitalist hellscape there still is no change of any resistance whatsoever to speak of. The US system is my literal nightmare scenario but I'll guess that's going to happen here too in glorious europe in the coming years.

e:and gently caress you for that

People implicitly understand that being the face of a movement is going to end in their violent demise. This is a police state that practices torture and has de jure for 2 decades. We have like 6 different intelligence agencies who can watch you every second of the day. 4 branches of military with like 4 special ops units each pumping out an enormous amount of killers. The media will say what they need to justify it and people will accept it. This facelessness was deliberate in both OWS and BLM.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

duz posted:

kind of, its to prevent anyone from loving up the watershed
rain water doesn't land on your property and then never leave, there is quite the strong possibility farmers, cities, etc downstream of you that depend on that rain water making its way to them
in the us when you hear someone getting arrested/fined for illegally storing rain water it is usually because they built an illegal retention pond or illegally damned up a creek on their property and the farm next door suddenly has no water for their crops

Yeah I think that anyone should be able to collect water from their own roof, and I think they generally are allowed to do that even in places where it’s maybe technically violating some statute.

If they’re moving earth to enhance water collection, and especially if they’re damming an existing creek, that’s when it’s gone too far.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/jason_koebler/status/1395791966986588163

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

As pointed out in the tech nightmare thread, that app used to be named "Vigilante."

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

valhalla DRO is here folks

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

:yikes:

Doggles posted:

As pointed out in the tech nightmare thread, that app used to be named "Vigilante."

:ohno:

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Batman got an app

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

it would be good if black people could use that to fight off the lapd

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

I'm surprised they've gotten as far as they have with this, the wealthy tend towards just using the actual police as their private police force

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

euphronius posted:

Using this app will be every bit as reliable for black people as calling the police.

Most of their staffing is probably going to be ex-cops who left the force over BLM.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

i wonder if you can use it with a spoofed gps and get pmc-swatting-as-a-service

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I swear "app-based private police" was already proposed or offered by another company or something, am I just remembering that wrong

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

Shame Boy posted:

I swear "app-based private police" was already proposed or offered by another company or something, am I just remembering that wrong

You may just be thinking of Shadowrun.

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires
Can you summon the App Police to fight the real police or will they just show up and help kill brown people

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Dog Case posted:

Can you summon the App Police to fight the real police or will they just show up and help kill brown people

send them both to some warehouse in the skids... baby, you got a deathmatch going!

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

euphronius posted:

This is going to lead to more murders like Ahmaud Arbery's. Wannabe mercenaries on call to paranoid suburbanites who think everything they can see from their house is theirs.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Sterf posted:

e:and gently caress you for that

europe is already way the gently caress ahead of america wtf. You guys sell off your post offices and poo poo to private companies lol

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
hell germany doesn't even have a minimum wage iirc

edit: oh my mistake they finally passed one in 2015 lol

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Peanut President posted:

hell germany doesn't even have a minimum wage iirc

edit: oh my mistake they finally passed one in 2015 lol

Denmark doesn't have a minimum wage either because we have a strong collective bargaining tradition. I think our leftists are actually fighting the EU minimum wage because it somehow weakens the collective bargaining position of the workers.

Of course, in recent times, especially with gig workers, this has not worked as well as it should. But our burger flippers can still afford rent and food and even beer.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

yea i got 15 usd/hr as an unskilled grocery cashier in the 90s cause of our unions

but the gig economy has been coming for a while, so we need to do something to stop it yesterday. i posted a bit about it in the union thread a while back:

Carthag Tuek posted:

a bunch of wolt (gig food delivery) workers are striking in denmark this weekend because wolt is changing their bonus model. used to be a 200 usd bonus if you did 100 deliveries fri-sun, but now its 2.50 per delivery between 5-8 pm same days.

wolt claims it will mean more money for the delivery people (yeah right lol)

its basically the same setup as in the states, the workers are "partners" (independent contractors), and arent unionized atm, but have been organizing thru social media, though apparently wolt negotiating is with the 3F union

last year, just-eat (also gig food delivery) signed an agreement with 3F, but it only covers about 10% of their workers. back then, wolt was all "this is a lame and bullshit agreement that doesn't do enough for the workers" :rolleye:

finally, the EU is working on adjusting anti-trust law so it doesnt cover gig workers. as written, the law would class independent contractors forming a union as if they were a price-fixing cartel

currently, nemlig.com (groceries) is in the spotlight, cause of their terrible conditions. 12+ hr workdays, fines for seconds late delivery, etc. very amazon.

unions seem to be on it though, so far. theyre threatening a sympathy action if nemlig doesnt budge (meaning, all unionized employees everywhere will refuse to do business with the company). but who knows if they will follow through.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Dog Case posted:

The App Police they live inside of my phone/
The App Police theyll come break into your home/
The App Police they can't arrest you now/
Oh nooo

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

Lynchr: For when the Police just aren't violent enough

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I found the one I heard about before, I knew it already existed:

https://www.ourbond.com/

quote:

Personal security for everyone in every situation. Whether you're uneasy or in danger, Bond is only a tap away. Our technology, services and Personal Security Agents are available 24/7.

Walking down the street and you see a black person who you're sure definitely shouldn't be there? Just mash the panic button app and scream wildly for help and our agents will deal with the guy who's lived down the street from you for 20 years but you never met him unknown threatening and probably armed male.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

its pretty funny that boomers & sovereigns have picked up on the filming cops thing, cause there are a lot of self-owns

https://twitter.com/shakkazulu/status/1395192770885824513

also lol at how canadian everyone sounds, its like hearing a jute getting made in denmark

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Carthag Tuek posted:

its pretty funny that boomers & sovereigns have picked up on the filming cops thing, cause there are a lot of self-owns

https://twitter.com/shakkazulu/status/1395192770885824513

I don't think they picked that up from anything, it seems like a core part of the sovcit lifestyle is and always has been "filming exasperated civil servants". They even arrange to bring friends to film their court visits or when they go to the city hall to file completely worthless paperwork and make a clerk miserable for an hour.

e:

Carthag Tuek posted:

also lol at how canadian everyone sounds, its like hearing a jute getting made in denmark

Nah that's just what Minnesotans sound like. It's different, I think.

Actually now that I think about it I'm not sure I could tell the difference if I heard them side by side with no context.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Failed Imagineer posted:

The App Police they live inside of my phone/
The App Police theyll come break into your home/
The App Police they can't arrest you now/
Oh nooo

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

the app police will be a mix of off duty cops and cosplay security theater assholes

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Crosspostin' myself back from a crosspost to the 'pos cuz I'm shameless:

Shame Boy posted:

lmao

quote:

Living in lower Manhattan and having lived through 911, Superstorm Sandy, Occupy Wall Street and now the coronavirus pandemic and I know the consequences these events have on our neighborhood’s safety & security. Until now we had no easy and affordable resource to turn to in order to provide safety and security for me and my family. Now I am using Bond, a feature rich personal security system app on my cell phone which works similar to a home security system except it travels with you wherever you go. One of the app’s options allows you to easily and seamlessly schedule a personal bodyguard for any purpose you may have on the fly whenever you need it. I used it for my family’s peace of mind to an event during a period of civil unrest. Our bodyguards were former FBI and Homeland Security agents who are highly professional and experienced. They made me and my family feel extremely safe and secure. It never occurred to me to hire a bodyguard, but, ordering one was so easy on the app and it was surprisingly affordable that I gave it a try. It made attending our event less stressful and much more enjoyable knowing that Jim and Mark were watching over us. I won’t hesitate to use the service again. Thank you, BOND !!

occupy wall street: exactly as bad as 9/11

thank god Jim and Mark were there to protect me from what i'm just gonna assume was a black lives matter march

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
The way I understand the cops are hired and trained in the US I don't think the standard app cop is going to be much different

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Shame Boy posted:

I don't think they picked that up from anything, it seems like a core part of the sovcit lifestyle is and always has been "filming exasperated civil servants". They even arrange to bring friends to film their court visits or when they go to the city hall to file completely worthless paperwork and make a clerk miserable for an hour.

e:

Actually now that I think about it I'm not sure I could tell the difference if I heard them side by side with no context.

probably thats fair yea. i do think the recent karen vids have encourged them a lil which im all a lil. anidiot filming themself is the first step to getting treatment

anyway the nordics used to stick to minnesota, manitoba, other areas that sound like that, afaik. like 4 times ive discovered remote cousins for somone, and theyre either in winnipeg or in minneapolis

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

"Oh no, the police are arresting me! Better call the police and ask them to send more police! I see nothing wrong with this plan."

Shame Boy posted:

He says "RCMP" at one point, so I think it's Canada.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

From the comments, he was stunt driving, got a ticket, went back to stunt driving, got pulled over again, swore at the cop and hit him with his car as he drove off.

Grand Prairie, Alberta.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/J__Velasquez/status/1395856599613415424

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Carthag Tuek posted:

currently, nemlig.com (groceries) is in the spotlight, cause of their terrible conditions. 12+ hr workdays, fines for seconds late delivery, etc. very amazon.

unions seem to be on it though, so far. theyre threatening a sympathy action if nemlig doesnt budge (meaning, all unionized employees everywhere will refuse to do business with the company). but who knows if they will follow through.

Sympathy actions get the goods

https://twitter.com/MattBruenig/status/1395757947020615680

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Professor Shark posted:

I remember watching a piece on some SA country where collecting rain water was illegal. it showed cops overturning buckets on rooftops.

i remember thinking it was ridiculous at the time but now I know that it was a sign that it was coming to the US and probably Canada after 10 years once it’s been normalized

it was illegal in colorado until a few years ago

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

I want a McDonald's conflict slut.

(I'm aware that the English word derives from the Swedish army's "slut women")

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Mods please change my name to "konflikt slut"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Shame Boy posted:

e:

he says RCMP in the video dude. it's in Canada.