Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
teaching your kids from an early age how to manage the expectations of a child

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Has Biden even done the waiver yet?

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Tiler Kiwi posted:

teaching your kids from an early age how to manage the expectations of a child

I just tell them outrageous lies all the time like 'boys are just shaved monkeys' or 'you'll turn purple on your 9th birthday' because it amuses me while having the extra benefit of making them question authority

Idk, there's just something about using your kids to score points on Twitter that really viscerally pisses me off

Moon Shrimp
Sep 7, 2013

tactlessbastard posted:

I just tell them outrageous lies all the time like 'boys are just shaved monkeys' or 'you'll turn purple on your 9th birthday' because it amuses me while having the extra benefit of making them question authority

Lying for no real reason does nothing to teach them about the sort of dishonesty they'll encounter in the real world.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Nichael posted:

joe biden is a gently caress

joe biden is a poor steward of the common interests of the bourgeoisie at best

a senile, segregrationist and imperialist objectively

and regressive moron beholden to rentier interests specifically

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Oneiros posted:

i just don't understand why people don't view the democrats as the party of the working class anymore. must be because they're all racists or something

democrats were a party that had workers but they were never a party of the working class

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

more weed would probably solve that

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

ask warren, she was a republican during that

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

Has Biden even done the waiver yet?

talking about a waiver is sufficient, read the op

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

...anti white racism?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

gandlethorpe posted:

This episode of Sesame Street is brought to you by the letters I, D, and F

Farfour is the true kid show mascot. RIP
https://twitter.com/sam_aa305/status/1367468022059986949

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3vGDmdEP_0

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Look dems used their majority to pass one bill, they need to take the rest of the year off. You sickos think it's all fun in games to be a congressional member? They pour so much blood sweat and tears into that one bill written by lobbyists. How dare you demand they do something, they earned that trip to cancun.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Shageletic posted:

...anti white racism?

I think this is about her specifically seeking out non white reporters to give one on one interviews to, which makes this possibly the stupidest accusation of anti white racism I have ever heard, and that's a very high bar.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
https://twitter.com/MattZeitlin/status/1395894359539785734?s=19

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Top City Homo posted:

joe biden is a poor steward of the common interests of the bourgeoisie at best

a senile, segregrationist and imperialist objectively

and regressive moron beholden to rentier interests specifically

The way the latter two lines are written, I tried to read the whole thing to Modern Major General and was disappointed. :saddowns:

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

Speaker Maskhole, your hearse awaits you

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

*sigh* Trump was so good with nicknames....

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

I've seen worse TED talks.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
i figured that leahy had set up molly gray (the mayor pete of vermont) to replace him in the next election but this is much funnier

(as stupid as this is, if phil scott decides to run, leahy may be correct about being the only democrat who can win)

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Some Guy TT posted:

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1395904122491072512

it must really hurt that hes not allowed to call them cop killers anymore

They still. They've just ignored the corner or think they caused him to have a stroke

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Joementum posted:

i figured that leahy had set up molly gray (the mayor pete of vermont) to replace him in the next election but this is much funnier

(as stupid as this is, if phil scott decides to run, leahy may be correct about being the only democrat who can win)

My favorite thing that I learned from Joementum is that Bernie is the Junior Senator from Vermont.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

My favorite thing that I learned from Joementum is that Bernie is the Junior Senator from Vermont.

It's absolutely crazy both how old the Democrats are and also that somehow young people think their interests align.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Eggplant Squire posted:

It's absolutely crazy both how old the Democrats are and also that somehow young people think their interests align.

the republicans aren't really any better in that department

love 2 live in a gerontocracy, ruled by senior moments waiting to happen

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Excelzior posted:

the republicans aren't really any better in that department

love 2 live in a gerontocracy, ruled by senior moments waiting to happen

Yeah both parties are old as hell

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

GOP has more younger public figures, though, right? it has the advantage of true believers in its goals being wild-eyed psychopaths who want to exult in the havoc they wreak, rather than the dead-eyed psychopaths who want to quietly wreak havoc via fixing bread prices that gravitate to democrats

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

GOP is definitely more vital in the sense that the party and the donor base actively seen out and train younger psychopaths to infiltrate at all levels. The GOP is much more of a Leninist party in that sense. The Dems don't really give a gently caress about this and mostly rely on self-selected failsons and daughters or coopting community leaders and succifying them.

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

Ytlaya posted:

The amusing thing is that, for all the talk about the leftists obsessed with "owning their posting enemies," a big reason these people will always defend Biden/Democrats is because they don't want to agree with or be associated with the terrible leftists.

oh for sure, that and they want to “win”/not be perceived as wrong, while also thinking of themselves as good people, so their ideology has to be bent into whatever stupid amoral shape the democrats decree. it’s hella projection lol

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Some Guy TT posted:

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1395904122491072512

it must really hurt that hes not allowed to call them cop killers anymore

I kind of tuned out of the news lately but when did this turn into dozens/hundreds of casualties?

Is it because nobody gave a poo poo about THE RANSACKING and THE DEATH that never actually happened so they need to stick to more technically accurate soundbites?

"Officer Piggins fell down trying to put on his bullet proof vest and is still on paid vacation because his doctor said he had ligament damage! Four cops were in a fender bender that had them rolling in the streets like soccer players after the wind kisses their skin!"

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

Leahy is the last of the "Watergate Babies", the wave of Democrats elected in '74, still serving in Congress.

He replaced George Aiken after Aiken retired. In his last campaign, Aiken spent $13 and won 60% of the vote against... also himself... from people who wrote him in on the Democratic line.

Leahy's also the first, and only, Democratic Senator from Vermont.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Eggplant Squire posted:

Bernie and young people's interests DO align, in the sense that everyone else between them are dead-eyed Clintonites

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

bedpan posted:

drat intransigent leftists not letting obama replace rbg

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:
Lolling the bad place news thread the other day self-described as "leftist infighting" like dudes yr a bunch of Liz Lads vs Khive arguing about why Cuomo's queercoded because he's got pierced nipples and you're a hater if you want him to resign,

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

ram dass in hell posted:

Cuomo's queercoded because he's got pierced nipples

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Mods please change my name to "Queercoded Cuomo's Nipples"

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

An army of insurrectionists with demonic auras unsheathed their katanas and with a fearsome battllecry merclessly cut through innocent police monks like fields of wheat, desecrating our divine capital, they holy seat of our empire, with a malestrom of death-tainted blood.

The weak who begged for mercy were not spared their terrible onslaught, and when their brutal work was done, noble senators and representatives could only wail and gnash their teeth as their ogre-like captors laughed and drank cop blood from the looted skulls of American presidents.

Truly, January 6th was the worst day in American history.

Clip-On Fedora has issued a correction as of 02:38 on May 23, 2021

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

I mean, even without the teeth close up, that's obviously a different person.

When did this person show up and is there a video?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/MenshevikM/status/1395874116218101763?s=20
https://twitter.com/MenshevikM/status/1395874302558408708?s=19

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

lmao

great succ-ess

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

ram dass in hell posted:

Lolling the bad place news thread the other day self-described as "leftist infighting" like dudes yr a bunch of Liz Lads vs Khive arguing about why Cuomo's queercoded because he's got pierced nipples and you're a hater if you want him to resign,

my fav self-descriptor is "center-left"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1395835794145878016?s=19

Already talking themselves down to a worse deal against themselves