Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Vote to threadban Bioshuffle
This poll is closed.
Yes (Goku) 146 85.38%
No (also Goku) 25 14.62%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I’m so excited for the new season of this show, and I’m already exhausted by the refreshing idiot wails of all the whiners who want every episode dropped at once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Bust Rodd posted:

I’m so excited for the new season of this show, and I’m already exhausted by the refreshing idiot wails of all the whiners who want every episode dropped at once.

The one episode is the better format since it allows conspiracy theory like argument between episodes and other tops of high quality in-fighting.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

If they dropped all the episodes at once we couldn't spend a month arguing about whether a character is a nazi.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Tip posted:

If they dropped all the episodes at once we couldn't spend a month arguing about whether a character is a nazi.

Oh we absolutely could.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
how can vought be racist

there's a black guy running it

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

The best format is dropping 2-3 the first week and then one per week. It's a good middle ground that allows you to hook into it and then lead into the weekly discussions.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Amazon does weekly releases like The Boys or Expanse when they know they have a hit. When they drop it all at once I think it means it's poo poo like Utopia.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Mu Zeta posted:

When they drop it all at once I think it means it's poo poo like Utopia.

i was all what the gently caress until i realized i was thinking of Euphoria

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!

Alan Smithee posted:

how can vought be racist

there's a black guy running it
Well, Hitler wasn't an Aryan either.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Tangentially, I really like the meeting between Mr Edgar and Butcher. It’s such a wonderfully acted scene. The little mask slip of Edgar’s “Of course it does.” is masterful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqq6UGG_vpg

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I hate that Giancarlo Esposito has now seemingly been pigeonholed into one type of role, but goddamn does he do it incredibly well

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Buggin Out spin-off where hes middle aged and screaming at white kids for moving to Brooklyn. Real high energy stuff

A spike Lee joint

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

GD_American posted:

I hate that Giancarlo Esposito has now seemingly been pigeonholed into one type of role, but goddamn does he do it incredibly well

Yeah but it makes a great personality contrast for any shows that have hothead impulsive characters like Butcher.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

GD_American posted:

He had a similar role in Jett, which I thought was very good but apparently it never got another season. Which is fine, the season tells a full story.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

GD_American posted:

He's in other stuff that embraces more of his range -- check out Godfather of Harlem if you haven't already

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Oh poo poo, that has Luis Guzman in it too. I'm there. Thanks for the tip

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

https://mobile.twitter.com/VoughtIntl/status/1400482434764869635

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

That's great.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

Shooting Blanks posted:

https://ew.com/tv/aya-cash-the-boys-stormfront-future/

So Aya Cash may not be returning? Usually it's left a little more vague on whether or not we'll see a given character again, not get a confirmation from someone that they had a 1 year contract and no extension.

For that final scene where it turns out that Homelander is jerking off on top of the Empire State Building or whatever, I initially thought that when the camera panned down it would turn out that he was loving a still-quadriplegic/out-of-it Stormfront and that it was going to be another "this woman thought she had power over this monster, but now the constraints are really off!" thing like with Stillwell in the season one finale. It was a relief that they didn't go that route.

GD_American posted:

I watched Breaking Bad for the first time last summer, and then watching this and The Mandalorian since then... I know what you mean. Still, he's great.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
We know for sure she isn’t there filming S3 at least

(I don’t think it would make sense to bring in Jensen Ackles if he’s gonna constantly be fighting for screen time with last season’s big character)

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~
https://twitter.com/theboystv/status/1401935802309877760?s=21

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Jensen owns imo

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

The dance choreography made me laugh so hard my sides hurt.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Google Butt posted:

Jensen owns imo

:hmmyes:

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I love Jensen Ackles so much i almost want to go back and watch Supernatural, but i stopped in season 7 and apparently it went on for 7 years after that?

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Bust Rodd posted:

I love Jensen Ackles so much i almost want to go back and watch Supernatural, but i stopped in season 7 and apparently it went on for 7 years after that?

8 more years.

It's never as good as the first 5 seasons but there are some good plot lines and absolute gems of episodes (Baby, Scoobynatural), plus Jensen Ackles is great even in the shittiest of storylines. Imho you should start from the beginning again and watch the whole drat thing.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
Never seen it, but I have been listening to urban fantasy of late. I know it has an insane fandom, but is it good?

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

I didn't watch it for the longest time because I heard about the insane fans and it being on the CW I assumed meant it was real dumb. I think it's in my top 5 most favorite shows now, I just got the complete bluray set and will probably start another rewatch soon. The first 5 seasons are legitimately great, if you are at all a fan of the X-Files it shares a lot of the same DNA with that (filming location, production staff, and directors). There is a new showrunner after season 5 ends and it probably never gets as good as those first 5 seasons again but it's still fun and there's plenty of great content. I would say give it a shot, if you aren't hooked by midway through the season (ep 12 imho is what totally got me on board) then it probably isn't for you.

Also the show has a great soundtrack, all 70's and 80's classic rock, but all the original music is stripped out of season 1 only on streaming services. If you have the opportunity to watch the first season some other way, I would recommend it. The replacement music isn't bad per say and I had no idea this was the case on my first go-through but the music is such an integral part of the show that I feel like I have to share this.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
It’s a really amazing monster of the week drama with good effects but somewhere around s7-8 it becomes all about THE LORE and how the main characters are actual super saiyans or whatever and I was like “I guess I’ll just watch Heroes and Dexter, two shows that will always be good, instead”

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Supernatural owns

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

I hope there's at least one "Superman that ho" joke in the season.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Collateral posted:

Never seen it, but I have been listening to urban fantasy of late. I know it has an insane fandom, but is it good?

Watch at least the first two seasons. They are a good blend of urban fantasy and horror, with some light humor mixed in. The fandom is 100% mental though.

Looks good

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Like, if you’ve ever in your life complained about My Little Pony fans or Rick & Morty fans or Star Wars fans as being toxic or weird… I assure you Supernatural is weirder and worse

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Jesus Christ Amazon, please stop.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Bust Rodd posted:

Like, if you’ve ever in your life complained about My Little Pony fans or Rick & Morty fans or Star Wars fans as being toxic or weird… I assure you Supernatural is weirder and worse

i never watched it, is Supernatural the one where the fans were viciously attacking the people working on the show because the official show plot points didn't match up with their "headcanon" or was that something else.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

uber_stoat posted:

i never watched it, is Supernatural the one where the fans were viciously attacking the people working on the show because the official show plot points didn't match up with their "headcanon" or was that something else.

It’s the one where the brothers are two hot guys and the fans keep trying to get them to make out

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Didn't the Supernatural fandom spawn the "omegaverse" poo poo where all men are werewolves who impregnate each other based on pack hierarchy?

Edit: Yes, yes it did

https://twitter.com/xanalter/status/1264197424844804096

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Bust Rodd posted:

It’s the one where the brothers are two hot guys and the fans keep trying to get them to make out

And the show explicitly calls them out for it. Supernatural is truly one of a kind in that it was able to openly take the piss out of both its most rabid fans and itself without ever losing a beat of popularity. It survived the death of its home network in its first season and a writer's strike in the second to become the longest running SF/F drama in American TV history. It wasn't always good, but it was a bloody miracle.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Bust Rodd posted:

I went to a Transformers convention in Chicago at this huge hotel by O’Hare where they had other conventions on at the same time including a couple of business ones, and a Supernatural one. I’ve never seen so much flannel on one place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

PostNouveau posted:

Didn't the Supernatural fandom spawn the "omegaverse" poo poo where all men are werewolves who impregnate each other based on pack hierarchy?

Edit: Yes, yes it did

https://twitter.com/xanalter/status/1264197424844804096

FFS why did I look up “knotting”??

The internet was a mistake