Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

its all nice on rice posted:

Team Ikea!
It's a gas fire table built during the "home during covid" times.

Neat. :hai:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

its all nice on rice posted:

Team Ikea!
It's a gas fire table built during the "home during covid" times.

Woah that's awesome.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

shrimp tostadas, but without avocado qq

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
meat ball SUB

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Dinner has come together. Lemon pepper marinated chicken breast, half a potato with cottage cheese (gently caress you I love it), Mediterranean chickpea salad.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Dinner has come together. Lemon pepper marinated chicken breast, half a potato with cottage cheese (gently caress you I love it), Mediterranean chickpea salad.

Never heard of the potato w/ cottage cheese combo before. Seriously thought it was buttered popcorn on first look. What's it like?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I put a lot of seasoned salt on it and my lights are yellowish. But yeah I can see that. I use the cottage cheese instead of sour cream. Both dairy but cottage cheese has a poo poo ton of protein.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Blue corn and sesame tortillas with chicken mole and a radish and avocado salad.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

chicken sandwich and fries were both fresh and delicious

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

Torquemada posted:

Blue corn and sesame tortillas with chicken mole and a radish and avocado salad.

Lookin good

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I'm going to make a red lentil dal and am gonna try rice in the instant pot. I never eat rice but it seems like it'd go well with dal. I'm also going to fill up a couple of meal prep containers with the dal and rice so I can just grab it and heat up. I'll also be having some of the mass amount of Mediterranean salad I have.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Burgers on the grill, tossed salad, and Cajun fries

Bad Titty Puker
Nov 3, 2007
Soiled Meat
I made a big ol' mess of onions, mushrooms, red kidney beans, diced tomatoes, italian plum tomatoes, corn, celery, red cabbage, cholula chili garlic sauce, habanero salsa, olive oil, ground pepper & sea salt

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Vigo rice is awesome and still a staple in our house.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Making some curry, using the green can

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Nooner posted:

Making some curry, using the green can

i always knew you ate out of the garbage can

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Well I hosed it up. I used the wrong type of lentils. I just grabbed the lentils I had in my cupboard forever and I think they were green lentils. The bag didn't say but they were brown, maybe a tint of green. I was supposed to use red lentils which are apparently very different. So I guess I'll just be having curry flavored boiled lentils. :(

The rice turned out ok. I would have preferred it a little more cooked though.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
C-c-c-chili Dawgs.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Well it's not daal but it tastes pretty good. Maybe it is daal. I... I just don't know anymore. :(

This whole meal is a bit dry though. The rice is plain, I just mixed it with the lentils. The lentils absorbed all of the liquid they were in. I'm setting this up for meal prep so I need to figure out some sort of dead simple sauce or condiment I could add to give it some moisture. If possible.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Well I have 3 more days of this. I'm not sure I'll be able to get through it. First time using my new meal prep containers.

I'm sure I'll get through two at least.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
doing a pizza in a second mainly because I'm bored

holy moly Pennywise that looks daalicious

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Pack of ground beef, half a leek and half a bell pepper I had lying around, fried in a pan with random spices. Add in some chicken stock, water, and potato flour , plus a dash of ketchup since that was the only tomato paste I found, and it made for a reasonable sauce.

I put that in a dish, then made mashed potatoes from powder and mixed in some cheese, and used that as a Shepherd's pie style lid. Came out ok, the potato cheese lid browned up nicely - but I need to refine the spice mix. Less cinnamon next time.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I dont like HP sauce that much for steak but I gotta say, in shepherd's or cottage pie it is so goddamn good.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I dont like HP sauce that much for steak but I gotta say, in shepherd's or cottage pie it is so goddamn good.

It's great, but it's also hard to find gluten-free (the rye is apparently an important part of the tang?). Not a problem for me, but the BF is celiac and would, uh, violently disagree with it.

In hindsight, some soy sauce may have been nice.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
BLT and tomato bisque 'cause sick. I did make a French strawberry cake yesterday, though, and the remainder of that was drat good.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
BLT is a master level sandwich if done correctly.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Well I have 3 more days of this. I'm not sure I'll be able to get through it. First time using my new meal prep containers.

I'm sure I'll get through two at least.

What size containers are those? All of mine are a bit small for true meal prep.

Me again.
Oct 19, 2017
Last night I had a bottle of ensure and half a pint of haagen dasz dulce leches ice cream. This morning I blasted serious rear end, it was super.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Spaghets + Chiggen Mozz Sausage

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

pro starcraft loser posted:

What size containers are those? All of mine are a bit small for true meal prep.

They are 28oz meal prep containers. They're a perfect size and reusable. Also really cheap. I got 20 of them for $17. They supposedly don't hold up forever but I'm sure 20 of them will last me years.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Literally A Person posted:

BLT is a master level sandwich if done correctly.

:hai:

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Made some Tonkatsu last night with corn and broccoli and some undercooked soft boiled eggs

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Derpies posted:

Made some Tonkatsu last night with corn and broccoli and some undercooked soft boiled eggs

*sheds a tear*

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
miso spinach salad kit with some blackened chicken and croutons added

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Day 2 of lentils, rice, and Mediterranean salad.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Breakfast scramble.

What?

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Literally A Person posted:

Breakfast scramble.

What?

what you got in there? spring for all the goodies? veggies? all weather mats? taters???

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Aardvark! posted:

what you got in there? spring for all the goodies? veggies? all weather mats? taters???

Just some finely chopped onion and pepper and bit of bacon. Simple and tasty. :frogbon:

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Made some pepper onion garlic sauté beer brats and dumped the SAUCE all over it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Had some mixed greens, lemon marinated chicken, corn, with a strawberry vinaigrette.