Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Bideo James posted:

if they can actually shift the light classes over to this system and give a lot more flexibility, it might make the already existing plethora of exotics useful.

You only get the upgraded light classes if you buy the "Whoops, back to Light" expansion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans

Fantastic Foreskin posted:

You only get the upgraded light classes if you buy the "Whoops, back to Light" expansion.

Seasons are a vessel to selling Stasis aspects and fragments.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Bideo James posted:

Seasons are a vessel to selling Stasis aspects and fragments.

Can't wait for the new exotic handcannon with the perk "Holdin' Stasis"

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

unban me from the discord you cowards

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Dogg be cool crossplay is coming and we can make the Ultimate Slackscord server and I'm going to serve my famous dip

ClydeFrog
Apr 13, 2007

my body is a temple to an idiot god

ChaosReaper posted:

I got killed so many times by the stupid launchers in the Expunge mission. Oh whats that you didn't land in the exact spot we thought you should? Well then either die outright or lose all your health so you can get killed by the sniper around the corner. Hell the worst death came when I just tried to walk up to it to get launched and it just murdered me for no reason. That was the first launcher and when I knew I was in for one.

gently caress yes. First launcher, went to walk over the top of it so you can drop down over the lip to be launched as per usual.

"instant death"

Nervously edged around all launchers after that.

I got some serious junk in this space trunk

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Expunge seems like a pretty cool callback to the Whisper mission and that's probably intentional if the story is going in the Savathun direction this season

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

muike posted:

Expunge seems like a pretty cool callback to the Whisper mission and that's probably intentional if the story is going in the Savathun direction this season

I got the same vibe.

Really beautiful mission to boot.

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

Last Halloween having prototypes for this season is interesting.

Rinzla
Feb 11, 2019

So how far does a lowly sword meta scrub have to go back in this thread to find out whats been going on since harbinger was introduced?

Rinzla fucked around with this message at 15:14 on May 27, 2021

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Rinzla posted:

So how far does a lowly sword meta scrub have to go back in this thread to find out whats been going on since harbinger was introduced?

Gameplay, narrative, or both?

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Rinzla posted:

Be sure to grab Breach and Clear from the artifact this season, slap on any grenade launcher with a decent roll, and you’re meta.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Rinzla posted:

Get 2 titan swords, one with vorpal, one with whirlwind or en-garde. Put boss spec on the vorpal and have flashbacks to telling the other five people on your team to whip out their gjallarhorns because the shield is down OH MY GOD DO YOU NOT HAVE GJALLARHORN

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
omg OMG look at this complete jabberwocky who thinks you dropped shield with sword and damaged with Gjallarhorn

You drop shield with Gjally and do damage with the Sword, jeeeeez

You're gonna embarrass yourself in front of Bone Krew when we play Crota's End on crossplay next year

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I have brought shame to my clan and my family.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Nah, it'll be "kill all 6 champion mobs in 15 seconds to get a chance at a random shot to drop crota shield to do dps phase. Also, we forgot to add mods to deal with the 3 new champion types we introduced good luck."

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Crota summons the Oversoul

Unstoppable Ogre has appeared
Unstoppable Ogre has appeared

Rinzla
Feb 11, 2019

I’ve never much been for the narrative. Since they bought back that blue crack munger instead of cayde I’ve had tears in my cornflakes.

That being said. It doesn’t sound like a hell of a lot more has been released. So I don’t suppose it would really take me much time at all to catch up.

Doth there be room in the clan or should I not abandon my classy Saint 14 clan. Kinda stoked I got that name until I realised it should have been XIV.

Oh, sun setting nonsense, are they still rustling jimmies with that?

Rinzla
Feb 11, 2019

Bobby Deluxe posted:

OH MY GOD DO YOU NOT HAVE GJALLARHORN

I got my gjally in a nightfall. Next day xur was selling it. I was less than impressed.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Rinzla posted:

I’ve never much been for the narrative. Since they bought back that blue crack munger instead of cayde I’ve had tears in my cornflakes.

That being said. It doesn’t sound like a hell of a lot more has been released. So I don’t suppose it would really take me much time at all to catch up.

Doth there be room in the clan or should I not abandon my classy Saint 14 clan. Kinda stoked I got that name until I realised it should have been XIV.

Oh, sun setting nonsense, are they still rustling jimmies with that?

You only missed one or two seasons I think.
Sunsetting is over but anything sunset at the end of last season (cap below LL 1310) stays sunset until reissue.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I’m so glad I switched to my Titan because Crown-Splitter is so frickin fun.

Majere
Oct 22, 2005
if there is anything I hate in this game it's platforming. I don't know if it's different with other classes but titans seems to be wearing roller skates and also be covered in spring loaded roller skates when landing. I swear if your shoulder touches a wall while coming down you bounce off the wall instead of stopping and falling down. Lord help me if the wall is a slight angle or small ledge, I just accelerate down and bounce off to my death instead of landing. I've been playing since D1 and I still don't know exactly where the characters feet are in relation to my POV.

Expunge is cool though, and I'd probably sword fly across instead of trying to jump around like a monkey to get the weekly time challenge.

Also, which chat do I look for raid groups for xbone in? I see there are quite a number in the serious overchill discord and a half dozen d2 rooms with various levels of activity. The only raid I've done is the original Leviathan, and that was a day before it was removed and the team I was with skipped a lot of everything in between encounters and we beat it in like 20 minutes?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Majere posted:

if there is anything I hate in this game it's platforming. I don't know if it's different with other classes but titans seems to be wearing roller skates and also be covered in spring loaded roller skates when landing. I swear if your shoulder touches a wall while coming down you bounce off the wall instead of stopping and falling down. Lord help me if the wall is a slight angle or small ledge, I just accelerate down and bounce off to my death instead of landing. I've been playing since D1 and I still don't know exactly where the characters feet are in relation to my POV.

Expunge is cool though, and I'd probably sword fly across instead of trying to jump around like a monkey to get the weekly time challenge.

Also, which chat do I look for raid groups for xbone in? I see there are quite a number in the serious overchill discord and a half dozen d2 rooms with various levels of activity. The only raid I've done is the original Leviathan, and that was a day before it was removed and the team I was with skipped a lot of everything in between encounters and we beat it in like 20 minutes?

Xbox's BONE KREW uses a slack channel. It's like Discord for 35 year old boomers

Send an xbox message to "Adregan" asking for a clan invite. Send me a PM with an email address and I'll get ya in the Slack

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Majere posted:

Physics are a bit hosed yeah. I noticed it with the slides in Override, and of course there's things like the Fallen SABER yeet wall that will get you. I don't think I'm a good enough platformer to give advice but it isn't just you, it's the physics engine at work.
FWIW when I did the trial on my other classes, Hunter had by far the easiest time in Override thanks to the momentum-kill jump, and Warlock had a rough time like Titan did but the vertical momentum killed a little faster.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

One of the worst things about Destiny jumping is how if there's a small incline in the floor in front of you and you jump, it springboards you up and slowly backwards. If you're trying to run out of a clusterfuck, it's absolutely deadly.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Bobby Deluxe posted:

One of the worst things about Destiny jumping is how if there's a small incline in the floor in front of you and you jump, it springboards you up and slowly backwards. If you're trying to run out of a clusterfuck, it's absolutely deadly.

How you know you've played too much Destiny is when you know where every one of these is and when to seemingly randomly jump across basically even floors during combat.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDNfCeC2s4E

:allears:

I need to try this out later.

Rinzla
Feb 11, 2019

Orv posted:

How you know you've played too much Destiny is when you know where every one of these is and when to seemingly randomly jump across basically even floors during combat.

You know you’ve had this happen too much when you refuse to take off stomp-ee5.

My exotic armour slot will forever be these boots of second chances.

Saddamnit
Jul 5, 2003

I have brained my damage.

Rinzla posted:

You know you’ve had this happen too much when you refuse to take off stomp-ee5.

My exotic armour slot will forever be these boots of second chances.

100% agree. I love those boots and have yet to come across another exotic armor that I'd want to put on more.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Dragon's Shadow gives you almost all of the benefits of Stompees while also reloading all guns and giving max handling to all your guns!

Dragon's Shadow is exceptional

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Rinzla posted:

https://www.previouslyondestiny.com/

It's a good story recap site.

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAdoIWvO7pM

Cammy is right all the time about PvP.

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Xbox's BONE KREW uses a slack channel. It's like Discord for 35 year old boomers

Send an xbox message to "Adregan" asking for a clan invite. Send me a PM with an email address and I'll get ya in the Slack

Good, because I'm 39. gently caress these forums are old

Thanks!

ClydeFrog
Apr 13, 2007

my body is a temple to an idiot god
Is the slack for destiny playing SA peeps or clan peeps only?

I'm in a clan but my friends do not play very often compared to me so some company to do stuff would be nice.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

bunch of stasis changes for pvp

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/50388

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Dang, Titans are getting knocked way down the pvp viability list! I don't think Hunters or Warlocks will suffer quite as much, but wow. Could definitely see sunbreaker and thundercrash being the new 3s subclass

ClydeFrog posted:

I'm in a clan but my friends do not play very often compared to me so some company to do stuff would be nice.

The Slack is the xbox hangout! I assumed you played on PC but I could be wrong. Although you can join either way, I suppose... Crossplay is coming!

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

ClydeFrog posted:

PC players use discord (check the OP), console are on slack. We'll probably need to figure out a good way to join forces with crossplay but who knows.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Holy moly they just made Titans almost unplayable in any real PvP

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Eej posted:

Holy moly they just made Titans almost unplayable in any real PvP

Yeah, reading through it I went "any part of this on its own is okay, but really, all in one patch?". It's gonna be a nasty next IB for me.

e: I'm not even really surprised they went all in with the changes, more so that they didn't do it in stages so they could collect data without every change at once overlapping and confounding it. But that's just ny half-remembered statistics courses talking I guess.

SkyeAuroline fucked around with this message at 21:58 on May 27, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinzla
Feb 11, 2019

Saddamnit posted:

100% agree. I love those boots and have yet to come across another exotic armor that I'd want to put on more.

I’m honestly in the same boat. They came into their own when doing jump puzzles like whisper and the pulse rifle mission.

Since then I’ve also struggled to justify any other exotic armour over the sheer mobility you gain with Stompies. It’s almost a detriment at this point but I just can’t imagine not jumping 900 feet In the air or sword flying across ridiculous gaps.

I did use celestial nighthawk for a while for the sheer health stripping it could do. But even then I ended up back with stompies. I’m institutionalised now. There’s no going back.