Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
This place lasted for about a year in Buffalo. I love hot dogs and trying new restaurants but thats such a stupid name I never went. Neither did anyone else apparently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Aardvark! posted:

i hate being embarrassed just to order food because of kitschy or edgy names like that.

making someone say i want the rooty tooty fresh and frooty pancakes is just cruelty

I am sure the waiter at Outback Steakhouse did not appreciate my giggling when I ordered the Chocolate Thunder from Down Under

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Aardvark! posted:

i hate being embarrassed just to order food because of kitschy or edgy names like that.

making someone say i want the rooty tooty fresh and frooty pancakes is just cruelty
You can just say you want the pancakes with fruit. If they lock eyes with you and demand you "say the name" then you can get up and leave knowing nothing of value will be lost.

Theres some really bad naming going on around but the bitchscuits make be go teehee in a similar way as having to order a cheesey gordita crunch from Taco Bell or something.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Aardvark! posted:

Gimme the *sigh* "Moons Over My Hammy"

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

spankmeister posted:

I keep looking for the obvious plant logo but i'm not seeing it.

I think all three of these are TrueWagner, which is similar stuff. the second one has his watermark.

he also did the potato salad gallon earlier in the thread

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Cage posted:

This place lasted for about a year in Buffalo. I love hot dogs and trying new restaurants but thats such a stupid name I never went. Neither did anyone else apparently.

There was a similar place in Austin that was a hot dog only stand but their name was Man Bites Dog. They were actually pretty good, just in a terrible location.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Zil posted:

Man Bites Dog

That movie ruled

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

LifeSunDeath posted:

That movie ruled

It's average at best.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Moes was like that too

Oh, yes I will have the "Joey bag of donuts" burrito

I mean regulars just call it a Joey but that menu is garbage on your first visit

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

The Bloop posted:

Moes was like that too

I mean regulars just call it a Joey but that menu is garbage on your first visit

Ugh, ffs. I didn't even get most of the weird references on that menu and I had to spend the next several days looking poo poo up from like Seinfeld

I'm not ordering donuts, it's supposed to be Mexican food? What

I just want a burrito, and your stuff isn't good enough to put up with this nonsense

e: fuckin

-rear end gringo burritos

Data Graham has a new favorite as of 19:48 on May 26, 2021

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Get back to me when you need to order an "illegal" from the burrito shop.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

The Bloop posted:

Moes was like that too

The only difference between the Joey and the Homewrecker was the Homewrecker had guac IIRC

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

The only difference between the Joey and the Homewrecker was the Homewrecker had guac IIRC

correct

and there was another lower tier one that didnt have quac OR sour cream but who cares about that one

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I haven’t been to a Moe’s in ages but I just checked the Moe’s website and it looks like all the dumb names except for Homewrecker are gone now.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Biscuits and Gravy:
[ ] Substitute Vegetarian/GF Shitake Mushroom Gravy
[ ] Garlic Grits
[ ] 2 Eggs [ ] Scrambled or Over [ ] Easy [ ] Medium [ ] Hard
[ ] Grilled Louisiana Hot Link
[ ] Vegetarian Sausage
[ ] Crispy Crumbled Bacon
[ ] Cheddar
[ ] Cream Cheese
[ ] Grilled Onion
[ ] Jalapenos

Why's it got to have dumbass names for specific combinations anyway

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

I haven’t been to a Moe’s in ages but I just checked the Moe’s website and it looks like all the dumb names except for Homewrecker are gone now.

Who the hell sells burritos as prefab named collections of ingredients anyway. When the whole point of assembly-line burritos is you get to say how much of whatever

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

FFT posted:

Why's it got to have dumbass names for specific combinations anyway

I know, but the gently caress YOUR LIFE YOU STUPID CUCK BITCH eggs are amazing.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Data Graham posted:

Who the hell sells burritos as prefab named collections of ingredients anyway. When the whole point of assembly-line burritos is you get to say how much of whatever

lol. they did this with Which Wich a couple of months ago - instead of custom building a sub they have a set of Favorites now, less customizable than Subway

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

WELCOME TO MOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!@!!!!!!

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Please take the basket off my head kid, the queso is extremely hot

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Hot cheese?

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
brb gonna open a gimmick restaurant where the draw is that if its your birthday they sing a song for you and then they dump a big bucket of queso on your head. kids love it.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

which wich loving sucks. what kind of dipshipt sandwich place heats up a chicken salad sandwich unless you specifically ask them not to?

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

boar guy posted:

which wich loving sucks. what kind of dipshipt sandwich place heats up a chicken salad sandwich unless you specifically ask them not to?

they originally had you pick hot or cold on the sub wrapper. that was another weird thing for them to get rid of, although they did it like several years ago. they have some incredibly dumb people at a corporate level i assume

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

boar guy posted:

What? How? Why?

No.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
chicken salad melts are really delicious and it's okay if it gets a little slimy when you reheat the leftovers 4 hours later

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

A new meatball focused restaurant opened near me:

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

RoastBeef posted:

uncanny.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

RoastBeef posted:

not sure i understand the overall direction of the animation here

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

fizzymercury posted:

chicken salad melts are really delicious and it's okay if it gets a little slimy when you reheat the leftovers 4 hours later

"Yeah. I eat swamp-rear end."

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

RoastBeef posted:

It’s like the gif version of a flickering neon sign.

(Not food related, but the town I went to high school in had a pet grooming storefront called Doggy Stylez)

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Aardvark! posted:

they originally had you pick hot or cold on the sub wrapper. that was another weird thing for them to get rid of, although they did it like several years ago. they have some incredibly dumb people at a corporate level i assume

Sales tax law in multiple jurisdictions considers cold subs to go to be groceries and charges a lower rate.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Tunicate posted:

Sales tax law in multiple jurisdictions considers cold subs to go to be groceries and charges a lower rate.

right.. except they made hot the default when they got rid of asking you :w00t:

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Cage posted:

that's not what that accent does

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

angerbeet posted:

that's not what that accent does

dog-eh-style

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Aardvark! posted:

right.. except they made hot the default when they got rid of asking you :w00t:

It's an anti food stamp thing.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

It's an anti food stamp thing.

Food stamp rules in restaurants vary from state to state and shop to shop but they're totally separate from the arbitrary grocery rules. It's not like you can get a cold subway sub on EBT but they turn you down if you ask for toasted.

RoeCocoa
Oct 23, 2010

Elviscat posted:

Biscuit Bitch is pretty good, overhyped for the edgelord name though

I had an orange latte there the first time I went to Seattle. It was mildly, pleasantly orange-flavored throughout, and then there was this big clump of pith and zest at the bottom of the cup.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

RoeCocoa posted:

I had an orange latte there the first time I went to Seattle. It was mildly, pleasantly orange-flavored throughout, and then there was this big clump of pith and zest at the bottom of the cup.
Second only to the curdling you get when you pour citrus-flavored syrups through dairy into your coffee drink. :yum:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

Zil posted:

There was a similar place in Austin that was a hot dog only stand but their name was Man Bites Dog. They were actually pretty good, just in a terrible location.

there was a similar place in alabama called "doobie's dogg house," which offered cheap hot snacks for truckers. not sure if they're still open tho