Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Tunicate posted:

If you want to end your meal, you can order a Bosphorus lokum (Turkish delight) for a shockingly low $3.95. If you don’t know what Turkish delight is, it is basically a candy bar made of sugar and gum that you can neither bite nor swallow. It is also quite likely to give you a toothache.
Well, now we can't take anything this reviewer says at face value because that is not at all an accurate description of turkish delight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Tiggum posted:

Well, now we can't take anything this reviewer says at face value because that is not at all an accurate description of turkish delight.

Maybe she was just describing that particular restaurant's version of Turkish delight

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Bismuth posted:

how do you put toppings on bread like that, how do you put jam or butter on air. Disgraceful.
I know a very fancy bakery that does bread like that, it's not an easy task but I guarantee you that that bread is loving amazing. I can never go back to regular bread. If I ever move I'm kidnapping all the bakers.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Turd On A Stick. Classic.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
each Baker's chocolate square is an ounce by weight and they're individually wrapped. it's the standard unsweetened baking chocolate in the US, one of those things that'll be familiar to anybody who bakes. you're not wrong about it being a better idea to include a more standard measurement, but the company has apparently been around for 250 years. it's not entirely different from saying "a stick of butter" rather than "4 ounces of butter".

Hershey's powder: my grandmother used to make cocoa from scratch, and it's something I do for my kids now. the recipe on the side of the box works, but I usually halve the sugar. the secret to getting it smoothly integrated into anything is to dissolve it in a little boiling water first.

I also tried to eat both of these things when I was a kid. I do not recommend it.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

this review gives me the heady feeling of reading a 2010 front page article... but today!

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

The big Northern lad is trying out a philly cheesesteak that looks fairly good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_sKDwUiSAM

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
I ran out of coffee and tea one unfortunate day and made a hot water + cocoa powder drink. It wasn't bad but I wouldn't really recommend it except in similar circumstances.

The better devils breakfast is to mix cocoa into your old fashioned oats.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Empty Sandwich posted:

this review gives me the heady feeling of reading a 2010 front page article... but today!

Actually based on the date of that review I'm wondering if she had Covid and didn't know it. My partner and I lost our sense of taste early March before the disease was officially widespread in the city.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

rodbeard posted:

Actually based on the date of that review I'm wondering if she had Covid and didn't know it. My partner and I lost our sense of taste early March before the disease was officially widespread in the city.

gahhhhh, that sucks.

I was a little surprised at the date, too. I wondered about the lead time on the article, but I don't imagine it would've been terribly long

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

rodbeard posted:

someone should do an analysis similar to the candle reviews one and see how food reviews during covid mention flavorless, etc.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Empty Sandwich posted:

each Baker's chocolate square is an ounce by weight and they're individually wrapped. it's the standard unsweetened baking chocolate in the US, one of those things that'll be familiar to anybody who bakes. you're not wrong about it being a better idea to include a more standard measurement, but the company has apparently been around for 250 years. it's not entirely different from saying "a stick of butter" rather than "4 ounces of butter".

Hershey's powder: my grandmother used to make cocoa from scratch, and it's something I do for my kids now. the recipe on the side of the box works, but I usually halve the sugar. the secret to getting it smoothly integrated into anything is to dissolve it in a little boiling water first.

I also tried to eat both of these things when I was a kid. I do not recommend it.

This is pretty cool info, thanks!

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
https://twitter.com/waldorfbear/status/1391761681328578561

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Because the wheat slurry can only be improved if it tasted like piss and metal.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
if Hannibal Lecter was a 50s housewife.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
Mr Leopold Bloom ate with relish the inner organs of beasts and fowls. He liked thick giblet soup, nutty gizzards, a stuffed roast heart, liverslices fried with crustcrumbs, fried hencods' roes. Most of all he liked grilled mutton kidneys which gave to his palate a fine tang of faintly scented urine.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
not sure if this counts, but it is a menu from a diner

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Extremely annoyed that the soldier parfait contains no solider.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

baw posted:

lmao

you should post this in the Americana thread

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
only the finest freshest IED vaporized troop is used for this creamy delicious confection.

Aardvark! posted:

lmao

yeah this pairs well with the recent 'Murka restaurant chat.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The gone but not forgotten omelette is when it gives you terrible shits.

exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer
Wtf is with that "Benedict" with none of the ingredients save eggs.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Given that it is military benedict and not eggs you would think the eggs would be the most optional part.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

Aardvark! posted:

lmao

yeah good call

still working my way through that thread but i love it

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Never thought to use a chest freezer as a desk

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Johnny Truant posted:

Never thought to use a chest freezer as a desk

Put your desktop in the freezer for added cooling

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

baw posted:

"Remember the fallen scramble"? No, "Remember: the fallen scramble"

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

OwlFancier posted:

The gone but not forgotten omelette is when it gives you terrible shits.

NO

these eggs don't run

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

OwlFancier posted:

Given that it is military benedict and not eggs you would think the eggs would be the most optional part.

I'm assuming it's some kind of "you thought you were ordering eggs but you were BETRAYED" kind of thing? Idk I'm getting nowhere with this

Back to trying to decide whether it's worth it to take that demon Tom meme from upthread and paste in "units of measurement such as breakfastcup and dessertspoon and nut"

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
i assume they consider it a benedict because it consists of "Bread > Meat > Egg > Sauce" and skipped any and all specifics beyond that

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I'd definitely eat it but I think the egg would mostly just get lost in all the sausage and gravy flavor. It'd be like adding an egg to a burger. I don't really notice the flavor, it just adds yet another slippery element that might go shooting out the back of it when you pick it up and take a bite.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

"Remember the fallen scramble"? No, "Remember: the fallen scramble"
Remember the fallen! Scramble!

*Highway To The Danger Zone starts blasting from the speakers*

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

baw posted:

Press F for extra cheese

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

baw posted:

A lot of those sound like euphemisms for disturbing sex acts.

That said, definitely would eat most of those dishes.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8hFYWvZzdo

Ok we got a ton of butter

Now a bunch of sugar and cream

then a bunch of garlic, wtf.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I'd definitely eat it but I think the egg would mostly just get lost in all the sausage and gravy flavor. It'd be like adding an egg to a burger. I don't really notice the flavor, it just adds yet another slippery element that might go shooting out the back of it when you pick it up and take a bite.
Counterpoint: a fried egg is a wonderful topping on a burger

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I like the idea, I just have never been satisfied by the execution.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler