Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

Randarkman posted:

Marvel's Alien?

Yeah, they started making Alien comics under Marvel's imprint once the acquisition of 20th Century Fox was completed. So for anyone hoping to see an officially made [DC-owned Superhero] vs. Aliens and/or Predator movie one day, well just keep on dreaming I guess.

E: also :lol: at that tweet and its related article, which comes across like the writer never actually watched any of the Alien films. "Reveals" that W-Y are even more evil than the xenomorphs, like that wasn't established in the first goddamn movie :rolleyes:

Sydney Bottocks fucked around with this message at 17:07 on May 31, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Did anyone ever think of the alien as being evil?

ptier
Jul 2, 2007

Back off man, I'm a scientist.
Pillbug

lobsterminator posted:

They are alive and well in audiobook form. There are audio dramas like the Alien 3 Gibson script with proper cast and production.

https://www.amazon.com/Alien-III-William-Gibson-audiobook/dp/B07QY1BGD1

So yea trip report, this slaps.

Would have been a MUCH better alien 3. But I can immediately see why they didn’t do it because of Hollywood needs etc.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8oh89PgUUE&t=527s

I laugh every time I remember that Danny McBride in a cowboy hat is in Alien: Covenant and he even survives the movie

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

PostNouveau posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8oh89PgUUE&t=527s

I laugh every time I remember that Danny McBride in a cowboy hat is in Alien: Covenant and he even survives the movie

Meanwhile James Franco burns to death in his sleep wearing a silly astronaut hat thingy. A fitting end.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

ptier posted:

So yea trip report, this slaps.

Would have been a MUCH better alien 3. But I can immediately see why they didn’t do it because of Hollywood needs etc.

I think that's everyone's reaction to the Gibson script: great, but totally unfilmable in 1989.

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

Random Stranger posted:

I think that's everyone's reaction to the Gibson script: great, but totally unfilmable in 1989.

Not with that attitude :colbert:

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Some of the stuff in the Gibson script is dumb as hell.

ptier
Jul 2, 2007

Back off man, I'm a scientist.
Pillbug

Groovelord Neato posted:

Some of the stuff in the Gibson script is dumb as hell.

Well if it’s “here is the script I delivered” then yea they all are. It needs some work. And no way in hell would they let Sigourney Weaver be sidelined the whole movie. She and the series were intertwined then. However, it was a really good starting point to something that with the right director would have been pretty cool.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Randarkman posted:

Marvel's Alien?

Marvel's Predator comic is coming out in November.

I really enjoyed the Gibson Alien 3 comic.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

poisonpill posted:

Palpatine prequel WHEN

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Guys I have this incredible idea. A radical reimagining of the film Alien, only this time the real monster is the corporation.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
This summer, the story of two friends, who reached for the stars "Weyland-Yutani"

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
It's a day later and I feel even more agitated about how stupid AotD was. Someone explain how a loving zombie can become pregnant and why zombies can only be killed by spiking the brain but apparently a zombie fetus needs a "living" zombie host.

And if you just want a smart zombie specimen out of Las Vegas, why the gently caress concoct a huge rouse of extracting several pallets of cash from a vault? And you just luck into someone last minute joining your team that knows about their behavior and social structure?

gently caress.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

SirPablo posted:

And if you just want a smart zombie specimen out of Las Vegas, why the gently caress concoct a huge rouse of extracting several pallets of cash from a vault? And you just luck into someone last minute joining your team that knows about their behavior and social structure?

They have shots at these alpha zombies, alone, like as soon as they get past the cargo containers. If the company man really knows the mission is to kill one of them and bring back samples, they could have shot them both right then and there and left and everyone would have survived.

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?

Arcsquad12 posted:

There's also a batman vs predator fan film that Kevin Smith called "the greatest thing I've ever seen" so you know it's quality. Maybe not brown taint quality mind yoy

Was that Batman: Dead End?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I am beginning to suspect that Kevin Smith has bad tastes.

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

There's 3 Alien movies. It's a trilogy.
Whatever anyone else did is a fan-fiction.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

PostNouveau posted:

This summer, the story of two friends, who reached for the stars "Weyland-Yutani"

it really helped me understand the alien movies when I saw that weyland and yutani's moms were pushed off a cliff by an alien

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

I need a movie to explain how Ellen Ripley would’ve grown to like cats. It also needs to include a scene where she jokes about how long hawk trucking seems like a real boring job.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Mordja posted:

I am beginning to suspect that Kevin Smith has bad tastes.

Not in clit taint butthole brown area

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Milo and POTUS posted:

pOwns

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Did you know Weyland and Yutani merged their companies when they discovered that their moms shared the same first name? :flashfact:

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

Tip posted:

it really helped me understand the alien movies when I saw that weyland and yutani's moms were pushed off a cliff by an alien

They actually like the alien and want to keep it around, it would be more accurate to say

quote:

it really helped me understand the alien movies when I saw that weyland and yutani's moms were pushed off a cliff by some of their employees

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Milo and POTUS posted:

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

In Robocop when Clarance said “cops don’t like me so I don’t like cops” that was a pretty big loose plot thread. We really need a prequel to show what events in his childhood lead to this, like on the playground were the child-cops pushing him over?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
He didn't like Cops because the first time the Bitches didn't leave and they called 911 on him.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Gutcruncher posted:

In Robocop when Clarance said “cops don’t like me so I don’t like cops” that was a pretty big loose plot thread. We really need a prequel to show what events in his childhood lead to this, like on the playground were the child-cops pushing him over?

His dad was arrested for insider trading. What put him away was a recording of him telling his broker he'd buy that stock for a dollar.

FeculentWizardTits fucked around with this message at 21:47 on May 31, 2021

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

We need a prequel for the murder dogs now. What happened in their lives to make them such enthusiastic cliff pushers?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

sure okay posted:

We need a prequel for the murder dogs now. What happened in their lives to make them such enthusiastic cliff pushers?

Someone threw the ball for them, but an investigation by Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, a unit that investigates only the most heinous of crimes, later determined that they in fact did not throw the ball, and faked the whole thing.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Someone threw the ball for them, but an investigation by Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, a unit that investigates only the most heinous of crimes, later determined that they in fact did not throw the ball, and faked the whole thing.

Man Paw Patrol took a dark turn.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
I need a prequel on Bruce Wayne's parents.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

SirPablo posted:

Isn't that what the Pennyworth TV show is about?

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

SirPablo posted:

They hosed and had a baby.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Arcsquad12 posted:

Isn't that what the Pennyworth TV show is about?

There's been lots of stuff about them over the years.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

SirPablo posted:

their parents got killed by bandits

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Space Kablooey posted:

their parents got killed by bandits

Give me a prequel on them, too.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

SirPablo posted:

Yeah this actually exists and involves Thomas Wayne being a super villain that dresses up like a bat specifically to go to occult orgies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

What the gently caress they had the guys who wrote Jigsaw write the new Saw movie. It stunk!