Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

Willa Rogers posted:

dnd thinks it was a masterstroke of him to call out the two dems as buddies of his "republican friends" lol.

Is the whip no longer expected to whip? Wtf is Clyburn even appointed to do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

Killin_Like_Bronson posted:

Is the whip no longer expected to whip? Wtf is Clyburn even appointed to do?

wow... racism ???

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Salean posted:

wow... racism ???

Yes, Clyburn has engaged in levels of racism not experienced since he was trying to stop racism.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
A green nude eel

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

They could have supermajorities in both houses and they'd still find excuses for why they can't do good things because they need more votes in the next election and then things will get done.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Thoguh posted:

They could have supermajorities in both houses and they'd still find excuses for why they can't do good things because they need more votes in the next election and then things will get done.

they had a supermajority in 2009, didn't matter at all

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Joe Biden has genocided a lot of ice cream.

also a lot of human beings

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Cpt_Obvious posted:

in all seriousness one of the unfortunate realities of our political system is that you have to shape messaging in the blandest middle ground way possible in hopes of convincing enough people in the right areas to support your policies. its far better to promise something minor and enact something major than vice versa - the "solution" is to run on some vague promises of police reform (mission accomplished) and then enact actual, significant policies that address the issues without acknowledging that you are doing more. we're failing on the second part.

also the only criteria by which to judge messaging is how that messaging directly impacts voting decision, not what it "means". if "defund the police" is resulting in a net loss to democratic votes then it is a bad slogan, independent of the policy is addressing, because policies aren't enacted through referendum. that's why pro-choice/pro-life is effective.

The logic in this post (I know it's sourced) is amazing. "The best strategy is to not advocate for things but then do them anyways, so, when you think about, it the Democrats, by not advocating for things, are already half of the way there! We just need to work harder on the second part."

This stuff is somehow genuinely amazing me. I saw one post where someone commented positively on Kamala Harris vaguely gesturing at "tackling the immigration at its source." How loving stupid do you have to be to see that and not immediately identify it as a deflection from focusing on actual conditions at the border.

I was thinking about making a reply to that, but I don't think I could do so without just directly insulting people.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

People like that talk like they're part of decisionmaking and not actually saying that you should just sit down and believe that dems are secretly super radical, they just don't ever say or act on it to fool the rubes.

Motto has issued a correction as of 23:32 on Jun 1, 2021

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 16 days!)

Protocols of the Democratic Elders

lil poopendorfer
Nov 13, 2014

by the sex ghost

Going “wow! Another interracial couple” every time you see one on TV is something

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/edzitron/status/1399857827712102401

Enemabag Jones
Mar 24, 2015

I swear to god the constant stories about Biden and ice cream make me understand how pizzagate became a thing. Find another endearing personality trait ffs

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Idealism has a place in politics. Anti-pragmatism doesn’t though.

If you only take moral stands, you aren’t actually going to be able to accomplish anything.

How can activists that refuse to interface with the vote grubbing party people ever going to get policy moved?

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Nichael posted:

they had a supermajority in 2009, didn't matter at all

thanks Obama

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

How Darwinian posted:

Right? I mean its good that people learn some history, but it's a case in point in how the national conversation around race is going to be shaped by what is presented in premium TV.

Relatedly, I had a conversation a while ago where someone was excited that Judas and the Black Messiah, and The Trial of the Chicago 7 had a "cross over character". Pretty neat!

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug

Il Federale
Oct 10, 2012

PostNouveau posted:

Too busy fixing the border crisis, obviously!

she fixed that, now shes in charge of voting rights

https://twitter.com/Yamiche/status/1399830879275528198?s=19

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
the last time he deputized kamala to go after manchin she gave some speeches in WV that offended him and he decided to block neera's nomination, so i'm actually excited to see where this goes

Frumply
Dec 7, 2004

lmao voting

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Joementum posted:

the last time he deputized kamala to go after manchin she gave some speeches in WV that offended him and he decided to block neera's nomination, so i'm actually excited to see where this goes

is kamala the dem JEB!

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

https://twitter.com/verdazarine/status/1399847910750236676?s=19

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

*doesn't drink enough water one day and gets dehydrated* IM BEING ATTACKED BY COMMIE ENERGY BEAMS

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
In Tulsa speech, President Biden announces he is tapping Vice President Kamala Harris

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Il Federale posted:

she fixed that, now shes in charge of voting rights

https://twitter.com/Yamiche/status/1399830879275528198?s=19

Basically anything but put pressure on the senate to pass anything.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Fellatio del Toro posted:

GRAMPA LOVE ICE CREAM :) :D

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

The Pussy Boss posted:

Lol, Biden's talking about interracial couples in TV commercials again. As proof that we're defeating racism.

reminds me of this badass thing from last year

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/hallmark-ceo-leaves-after-same-sex-ad-controversy posted:

The parent company of the Hallmark Channel said Thursday that CEO Bill Abbott is stepping down. The move comes about a month after the network became embroiled in controversy after pulling commercials featuring a same-sex couple, then reversing the decision after a consumer backlash.

The statement on Wednesday from Crown Media didn't give a reason for Abbott's departure. The Hallmark Channel has become known for its holiday specials, popular with both viewers and advertisers, but public attention on the same-sex ad campaign last month cast a shadow over its typically sunny programming.

The issue began when the Hallmark Channel removed multiple ads from wedding-planning company Zola following pressure from the conservative group One Million Moms. According to a Hallmark statement on the decision to remove the spots, the group had complained to Abbott about the ads' content, which featured a female couple getting married and kissing at a wedding.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Isn't she closer to being Joss Whedon's girlfriend?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

she is currently his gf irl

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
and also mine =)

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Not with those shoes.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Smythe posted:

and also mine =)

naice

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/acony_belle/status/1399878230207651841?s=19

I couldn't find the original of this tweet because this lady tweets 20000 times a day but it is loving hilarious

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/stephensemler/status/1399779714533892100?s=19

SPORT

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

fits my needs posted:

https://twitter.com/CraigCaplan/status/1399812958222491652?s=20

uncle joe wandering around pointing at poo poo while everyone around him looks kinda grumpy

how often do they tighten this guy's jowls? two weeks ago those things were hugging his teeth

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Fleetwood posted:

how often do they tighten this guy's jowls? two weeks ago those things were hugging his teeth

They just installed a crank in the back. You just insert the key and twist clockwise.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

such a good gift. they dont even do anything except brutalize people. whats all the money going to? how much does it cost to run a torture daycare? theres like 20 lovely daycares in peeps backyards in my neighborhood hell i bet theyd do it for like 50 grand combined plus it'd be minority owned business. gently caress sakes joe

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
dude in my office is cool as hell, kinda old like a old gen xer. anyways hes all into no war but class war a lot when politics comes up and he'll rant about the cia for sure. i bet he might even believe that jfk got murked by the cia if pressed. but when its quiet working time he turns on da podcasts and its all russiagate all the time. sad poo poo man. msnbc is poison

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

:aochloe:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Smythe posted:

dude in my office is cool as hell, kinda old like a old gen xer. anyways hes all into no war but class war a lot when politics comes up and he'll rant about the cia for sure. i bet he might even believe that jfk got murked by the cia if pressed. but when its quiet working time he turns on da podcasts and its all russiagate all the time. sad poo poo man. msnbc is poison

link him trueanon