Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

ad090 posted:

My dad's wife bought me a vibrator. I don't want it but do I tell my parents?

Any guesses as to the age of the father's wife? I'm guessing 20 as she seems to feel as though she's close in age to the daughter (which she probably is) and wants to be friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

ad090 posted:

Oh my gently caress, I missed "wife" the first time I skimmed the title and nearly poo poo myself.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Jesus christ, the safe and cool way to do this would be to get the kid at Amazon gift card and explain they have toys like that online, and then not ask about anything that she purchases!

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
I'm so glad I don't have any cool parents

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Pffft, I just used the electric can opener.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Pffft, I just used the electric can opener.

just how many cans did you have to go through?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I thought we were still talking about masturbation. Are we back on cans?

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

a nice set of cans is one of the more popular masturbation aids!

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

a nice set of cans is one of the more popular masturbation aids!

A can opener, however, is absolutely not recommended for that purpose

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Bullshit, I'm right here recommending it.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

blatman posted:

AITA for letting my dog pee on a neighbor's tree?

Pee law! :v:

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

someone please make the edited comic TIA

betaraywil
Dec 30, 2006

Gather the wind
Though the wind won't help you fly at all

I don't think I've ever heard a worse idea than letting your step daughter know that you'll be hanging onto her rejected vibrator just in case she wants to ask you for it later. "Hey stepmom, so about that vibrator you've been holding onto for me--I'm thinking about having a sexual awakening."

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

I think that might also actually be sexual harassment, but IANAL

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

every day I'll check under the rock in the backyard and if you want the vibrator back leave a note under it and then you check under the rock in the backyard and I'll leave the vibrator under it

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Here's this vibrator for you, I got you the same one we use. Your dad really likes this one 'cause it's easy to grip and it doesn't make him jealous. Just don't try setting 4 unless you want you're eyes crossed for an hour. lol, glad we could have this chat ta ta!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Whosoever shall pull the vibrator from this rock shall be crowned queen

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Invisible Clergy posted:

AITA for telling my ex he's scamming a restaurant by pocketing an accidental refund for the birthday dinner he bought me?

The question OP has is not interesting, but the "complicated long-distance relationship" she blows past is definitely an online feeder/feedee or mukbang thing, right?

The franchising fee alone for a Red Robin is $35,000. That's before you get into buying their signage, dishware, approved furniture, etc. Lazy Googling shows that the low end estimate for opening a Red Robin is $1.8 million. You're not sticking it to some small time business owner, anyone opening a Red Robin likely has significant funds or enough support to access large lines of credit.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Ghost Leviathan posted:

She literally demanded only her teenage niece babysit him and refused to ask any of the numerous other adults including the baby's father.

I know a frequent theme is the attitude of 'unattached female = free babysitting forever' itt but holy cow, never seen it to a frankly obsessive degree.

I dunno if the teen had teenage girl rebellion streak going on, but if it did, it absolutely helped her stand her ground.

I thought we were still talking about masturbation. Are we back on cans?

Nice loving try -- I will never jeopardize the beans!

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

teen witch posted:

someone please make the edited comic TIA

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Tarkus posted:

Any guesses as to the age of the father's wife? I'm guessing 20 as she seems to feel as though she's close in age to the daughter (which she probably is) and wants to be friends.

Comments say the new wife / former mistress is 29.

Late Fees
Jan 8, 2004
Your fees are valid.

Azuth0667 posted:

Last ENT I saw had the biggest nose I've ever seen. Thing was the size of a softball.

the ENT who did my septoplasty had obvious problems breathing through his nose. i regret never asking him what's the deal with that

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

:hmmyes:

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

posts like this justify feeling all the other terrible emotions this thread inspires

sullat posted:

Oates stood up and said, "I am going outside, I may be some time." He struggled with the tent flaps in the cold, and then slipped off into the ice field. A few moments passed. Scott turned to Wilson and said, "finally some time alone" as he unbuttoned his parka.

this one too

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

ad090 posted:

This kinda sounds like the stepmom is close in age to the kid and wants to be a friend and not a paternal figure, which I think is the right play for someone who's 13 years difference from the daughter. But, there's being cool (have a beer, lets chat) and there's being fukken weird and this is it. Like goddamn lady, you buy them a hefty gift card and don't ask questions about the boxes that show up.

A Festivus Miracle fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Jun 2, 2021

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

I had a good sensible chuckle to myself when I gender swapped it in my head whereby the mother's new husband gave the 16 year old boy a fleshlight. I think we'd find it a much more repellent story if that were the case.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

sullat posted:

Oates stood up and said, "I am going outside, I may be some time." He struggled with the tent flaps in the cold, and then slipped off into the ice field. A few moments passed. Scott turned to Wilson and said, "finally some time alone" as he unbuttoned his parka.

Empty quoting this.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

betaraywil posted:

I think we're all losing sight of the true moral of that story: All ENTs are predatory demons who resent their patients for seeking medical care and punish them for it.

In my experience ENTs seem to avoid providing care as much as possible. At my hospital they even started to refuse to perform tracheotomies on covid patients. That's like the most common surgical procedure they do!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

cumshitter posted:

The franchising fee alone for a Red Robin is $35,000. That's before you get into buying their signage, dishware, approved furniture, etc. Lazy Googling shows that the low end estimate for opening a Red Robin is $1.8 million. You're not sticking it to some small time business owner, anyone opening a Red Robin likely has significant funds or enough support to access large lines of credit.

I've never seen someone upset over getting a refund or money back from an online order with something wrong. I'm usually a little excited when my order is a little wrong from a chain restaurant, local joints, more lenient, but if McDonald's forgets something or they give me something wrong -- sweet, can probably become not-hungry by eating whatever they did bring and they'll refund some, all, or more than you paid.

I wonder if that person would also hesitate or always refuse to point out something wrong with a meal dining-in, where it would presumably be immediately remade or addressed. I've thrown away expensive steaks because they were cooked wrong or something and ya aren't supposed to be able to put anything that's gone out to a guests back on a grill. My hesitation as a diner is more about the psychic echoes of parents reminding that any food I waste translates directly to starving children abroad.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I usually dont send stuff back at a resteraunt unless its really bad. The only time I did in recent memory is a hamburger where the bun was rock hard. If something wrong with to go or delivery ill email a complaint and secretly hope to get something free but I dont ask for it and I wouldn't feel bummed if I didnt get anything.

Owlspiracy
Nov 4, 2020

can we focus on the fact that the only restaurant she can apparently eat at due to allergies is red robin - that was by far the worst part of the story

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

AITA for laughing after my brother lost a game of chess.

quote:

My girlfriend is a chess master; which basically means she’s really loving good at chess. My brother recently got into it, and seems to believe that he is the smartest loving person alive for understanding how the game works as only “smart people can truly understand the art of chess” (his exact words)

My girlfriend and I went to my brother’s house to pick up some things. I’m under the impression that my brother believes my girlfriend to be a causal chess player. When he learned that my girlfriend played chess, he challenged her, remarking “it would be nice to teach a pretty girl about the art of chess,” and “she could learn a few things from him,” My girlfriend was more amused than offended and took his offer.

The game was over in literal seconds.

I don’t really understand how chess works, but I do know that he was checkmated in 9 moves. I found this all kinda funny; the change in his demeanour from overconfident to defeated so I laughed. It was even funnier when he accused my girlfriend of cheating (how do you cheat in chess?) and said that she must have been lying etc. So, a few more laughs left my mouth. My girlfriend gave me a look so I stopped laughing, but he kicked us out anyway.

My SIL is mad at me for laughing and at my girlfriend for not being more gentle in her win, claiming that she was purposefully showing off her skill.

Oh no you beat a MAN you should have been gentle on him! His poor bruised ego!

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Owlspiracy posted:

can we focus on the fact that the only restaurant she can apparently eat at due to allergies is red robin - that was by far the worst part of the story

yeah that was a big :thunk: when i read it

makes no sense

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I didn’t realize RR stood for Red Robin and now I know she’s so full of poo poo she squeaks.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I love when someone learns the rules to a board game and then uses that as the basis for their claim to high-intelligence. Our world's greatest minds: tabletop gamers.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Hughlander posted:

Lmfao get owned you dumb rear end in a top hat

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Hughlander posted:

Imagine how used to crushing sexist assholes that woman is. The meltdowns are probably passe for her lol

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Hughlander posted:

When I was in grade 9 I was into playing chess. I thought I was an ok player. One day I was at the downtown library and lots of hobos would spend their time playing checkers and chess. They saw me watching and asked if I wanted to play. Me being cocky thought that scraggly hobos couldn't be very good so I played one of them. That dude kicked my rear end over and over again in an barrage of embarrassingly short games. Never forgot that lol

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Hughlander posted:

generally i think ending a game of chess that quickly against a player way, way worse than you is bad form, however this guy totally deserved it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

I didn’t realize RR stood for Red Robin and now I know she’s so full of poo poo she squeaks.

Ah, but now YTA and are ruining National Running Day for the fastidious OP:
> So three days ago my ex ordered me a dinner as a birthday gift from Red Robin "RR" through UberEats "UE",