Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What E3 announcement are you most looking forward to?
This poll is closed.
Star Citizen suddenly released 14 6.36%
Nintendo unveils the Switch Pro, Metroid Prime 4 is exclusive 27 12.27%
Bethesda announces Fallout 5, Todd somehow entirely forgets about Elder Scrolls 6 and is surprised to be asked about it by interviewers 32 14.55%
Bowsette is real and thinks you're doing okay 121 55.00%
Square Enix retroactively cancels your least favorite Final Fantasy game 26 11.82%
Total: 220 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

What, like the beans Republicans were obsessed with a while back?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
This looks like a chill and fun thread. :)

I did the thing! A lot of safe obvious choices with a couple of oddballs.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

What, like the beans Republicans were obsessed with a while back?

Yeah

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
i think without exaggeration i havent had a run in new pokemon snap that hasnt showcased a novel intricate interaction or behavior and thats a lot of loving runs

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
like 5% of them are even related to any in-game objective and thats a lot of loving objectives, too

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

FirstAidKite posted:

there you are
The one thing that really hosed me up in that case was the special info I was supposed to notice in the drawing that I never noticed because it was done by a kid. I had written off a ton of the details in that drawing as just "this was drawn by a kid so of course it isn't 100% accurate to what happened."

I remember being a kid and our parents just plain, shook their heads at us and said 'no' when we told them stuff sometimes. I told my dad about white noise, which I had read about, and said <whatever fact I had read about it> like "it helps you sleep" or whatever and he just shook his head and said 'no' and that was that. Clearly he'd never heard of it before so it wasn't real.

My brother had a teacher who threw chalk / wooden-handled-blackboard erasers at kids as hard as he could (and he was a big guy), and once threw a child across the room and dazed him, and I remember thinking "holy poo poo" when my brother told us these stories around the dinner table. The teacher later got kicked out of school and our parents said to us something like "I can't believe the stories I heard from other parents, about what he did! wow! we had no idea!" and I said "but my brother literally told you what happened" and my parents said "we just didn't believe him" so yeah, I suppose the moral of the story is that children lie all the time and you should never believe them.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

redreader posted:

I remember being a kid and our parents just plain, shook their heads at us and said 'no' when we told them stuff sometimes. I told my dad about white noise, which I had read about, and said <whatever fact I had read about it> like "it helps you sleep" or whatever and he just shook his head and said 'no' and that was that. Clearly he'd never heard of it before so it wasn't real.

My brother had a teacher who threw chalk / wooden-handled-blackboard erasers at kids as hard as he could (and he was a big guy), and once threw a child across the room and dazed him, and I remember thinking "holy poo poo" when my brother told us these stories around the dinner table. The teacher later got kicked out of school and our parents said to us something like "I can't believe the stories I heard from other parents, about what he did! wow! we had no idea!" and I said "but my brother literally told you what happened" and my parents said "we just didn't believe him" so yeah, I suppose the moral of the story is that children lie all the time and you should never believe them.

In this case though the drawing was of 2 stick figures fighting, one about to stab the other, and the part that you were expected to point out was that they drew a knife with a flat tip and not a pointy tip. The idea that they drew a different knife never even occurred to me, it just looked like 2 stick figures with some kind of blade.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Catpain Slack posted:

Hello from the Deviantart thread

So who's going to photoshop Kirby into that sequence from Resident Evil Village

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

For the World of Warcraft TBC Classic launch, are original WoW only servers still available, or did Blizzard upgrade them all to TBC?

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
condolences to others who grew up in 'adults (esp authority figures) always tell the truth and children always lie' households

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

I said come in! posted:

For the World of Warcraft TBC Classic launch, are original WoW only servers still available, or did Blizzard upgrade them all to TBC?

There are servers locked to pre TBC.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

FirstAidKite posted:

In this case though the drawing was of 2 stick figures fighting, one about to stab the other, and the part that you were expected to point out was that they drew a knife with a flat tip and not a pointy tip. The idea that they drew a different knife never even occurred to me, it just looked like 2 stick figures with some kind of blade.

I realise my reply came across as dickish so I apologise :)

May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

I said come in! posted:

iirc if you have an existing classic character you may choose to leave it in classic OR bump it up to a TBC server - if you want both copies it's 15$ per character i think

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

God, I was so hooked on this game. I remember hitting a point where I zen'd out and was pretty much unstoppable, and the only reason I let the run end is it was over an hour long and I was getting tired.

Is it compatible with Bone/Series or is it one of the games totally locked to the 360?

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Relax Or DIE posted:

condolences to others who grew up in 'adults (esp authority figures) always tell the truth and children always lie' households

My father was of the "children should be seen and not heard" type but that poo poo ended when I was 9.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

redreader posted:

I realise my reply came across as dickish so I apologise :)

If it helps, I didn't take it as dickish, so no need to apologize :D

Sir_Phobos
May 24, 2011

Don't you wanna see it?
I really enjoy trying to narrow down my choices for these "about you" posts, since they encourage me to think hard about what I like and what I don't like. So I thought I'd share what I came up with, thanks to Roth for posting the template!

Apologies to any Secret of Mana-likers. I finished it for the first time last year and I wouldn't even say I hated it, but the battle system was so clunky that I can't imagine I'd ever play it again.

May 8, 2006

thank you for recognizing gitaroo man, that game owns

who is the villain?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Sir_Phobos posted:

I really enjoy trying to narrow down my choices for these "about you" posts, since they encourage me to think hard about what I like and what I don't like. So I thought I'd share what I came up with, thanks to Roth for posting the template!

Apologies to any Secret of Mana-likers. I finished it for the first time last year and I wouldn't even say I hated it, but the battle system was so clunky that I can't imagine I'd ever play it again.

some good stuff in here

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Catpain Slack posted:

Hello from the Deviantart thread

no

NO

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Waddle Dee isn't even Kirby's son

The Grumbles
Jun 5, 2006

Where Vib Ribbon gone dun hosed up is they made the absolute best track the tutorial music.

Unlike Rez, where the standout track is for a hidden unlockable course at the very end

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

I think this is Kirby? I have never played a Kirby game before but Kirby just seems like a relentless monster who eats people/things whole. It's complete nightmare fuel. It's hard to believe that Kirby is a hero (is Kirby a hero?)

Weedle
May 31, 2006

kirby's like superman where everyone is just insanely lucky that he's a nice guy and not a total rear end in a top hat

May 8, 2006

Kirby is really more of a force of nature

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
saw 946 posts unread and :stare:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Yeah, Kirby always struck me as mostly animalistic and operating largely on instinct.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

ArfJason posted:

mods watch out, arf has four mod scalps on their belt

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ArfJason posted:

If you plan on reading all of it, I am sorry in advance but all of it was talking about you.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
if you watch in the gif, just before Kirby sucks that thing in, its eyes turn into x's so I suppose at least it's a mercy that it dies before it's eaten.

Sir_Phobos
May 24, 2011

Don't you wanna see it?

Relax Or DIE posted:

thank you for recognizing gitaroo man, that game owns

who is the villain?

The villain I picked is Dela Delon from the Brandish series. That pic is from the ending of Brandish 2: The Planet Buster, but I guess she's only really a "villain" in the first game. I say "villain" in quotes because while she hates the protagonist, seeks revenge against him, and is the catalyst for the story, every encounter with her is a goofy, bumbling mess that's played for laughs. She constantly tries to kill the player character, but gets owned by every trap in the dungeon, which serves the purpose of teaching the player to be careful while exploring. She might be considered a cliché, comic-relief character, but I thought she was kind of endearing, anyway!

And yeah, I played Gitaroo Man again recently, and it definitely holds up. I love how brief the story bits between each stage are, they give you juuuuust enough context to barely grasp what's going on, then it's time to jam!!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
kirby is my friend and yours

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

ArfJason posted:

You can skip most of it. There will be a quiz about Ace Attorney at the end.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

I forget who said Ridge Racer 4 was their favourite game of all time, but whoever it was should make an effortpost about that game and why they think it's great

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

unprecedented ridge quality. pinnacle of ridge tech

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Walla posted:

You can skip most of it. There will be a quiz about Ace Attorney at the end.

easy, the best case is the final one in AA2.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Whizzing Wizard posted:

I forget who said Ridge Racer 4 was their favourite game of all time, but whoever it was should make an effortpost about that game and why they think it's great

Good music

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

Sakurazuka posted:

Good music

I've never played it but the intro music is A+

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVIj0nIM7fk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005