Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I've always had a soft spot for scout rifles. A buff to the Polaris Lance would be fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Agreed, and honestly buffs to all exotics and catalysts while adding the missing cats would do wonders.

Imo the stagnation in gear is a large part due to compounding nerfs that have happened since D2 launched and the idea that the subclasses are being balanced by having a piece of gear that brings them up to par with other ones that are good on their own.

I'm am glad they re-did the mod system, the combat mods really are good and cool. I wish there was less emphasis on taking a hammer to everything and sticking with what was promised in this "new direction" after the actiblizz split. I hope to gently caress that witch queen and lightfall are amazing in more than just story so that we get the cool rear end power fantasy of destiny because gunplay is fun, but it's not light/dark powered demigod action mmo enough currently.

I also hope ada doesn't have a desire sensor Ala monhun, but come on robo seamstress gimme rage

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Oh, you'll get rage all right. Rage at the fourth Quick Charge in a month.

Meanwhile I still need a way to get Special Finisher to exist in game thanks to the year-old unfixed bug with how it's rewarded...

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

upgrade all exotic armors with the aeon cult mod system so we can gently caress with what they do

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Kith posted:

upgrade all exotic armors with the aeon cult mod system so we can gently caress with what they do

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Yeah a good 69% of the exotic armors need to be totally reworked

I don't need them all to be Customizable but I want them all to do Something

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Yeah a good 69% of the exotic armors need to be totally reworked

I don't need them all to be Customizable but I want them all to do Something

What, you don't like, uh... better shoulder charges while airborne? You wouldn't bring a helmet that gives your allies an overshield if you die and get revived to high tier content?

... Really any on-death exotic, just like Celerity and Bottomless Grief got...

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Peregrine Greaves used to be what Cuirass of the Falling Star is now. It's just MMO power creep.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Eej posted:

Peregrine Greaves used to be what Cuirass of the Falling Star is now. It's just MMO power creep.

Considering what a pain it is to trigger the one "airborne charge" (CotM dive melee; maybe 40% of the time meeting the conditions actually makes it work) I can't imagine how, but that's what I get for arriving late I guess.

Geddy Krueger
Apr 24, 2008
The other shoulder charges can also be used while airborne. The animation for all of them changes to a knee strike.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

SkyeAuroline posted:

Considering what a pain it is to trigger the one "airborne charge" (CotM dive melee; maybe 40% of the time meeting the conditions actually makes it work) I can't imagine how, but that's what I get for arriving late I guess.

Before they fixed it you could do Super levels of damage by playing Top Sunbreaker and sprinting, jumping, hipfiring a 1-2 punch Shotgun and then hitting melee immediately while the game still recognizes you as "sprinting" and deleting enemies.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Zen Moment does not modify the stability stat. It decreases the recoil angle and reduces the kick of the weapon and stacks up to 5 times.......

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Eej posted:

Not hardly. Peregrine Greaves are also for shutting down supers in PvP on the cheap.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I did not know it stacked, that's cool.

All exotics should orb whether they have a catalyst or not. Catalysts should just be an extra stat/functionality tweak.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

i still haven't done the transmog intro quest on europa as i have no interest in engaging with that system

good job bungie

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

RBX posted:

Zen Moment does not modify the stability stat. It decreases the recoil angle and reduces the kick of the weapon and stacks up to 5 times.......

What does the stability stat do?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Fantastic Foreskin posted:

What does the stability stat do?

Recoil.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Wheeee posted:

i still haven't done the transmog intro quest on europa as i have no interest in engaging with that system

good job bungie
"I have not done 15 minutes of work for 10 free transmogs per subclass, and all the effort I spend playing now will be wasted, as i will not accrue transmog mats"

ok

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
the transmog defender has logged on, look out everyone

let me tell ya something son, if you aren't slowly earning macguffins in this game so you can eventually change what your hat looks like, you might as well quit.

Dr. Fishopolis fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Jun 5, 2021

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
I just used the freebie transmogs on my warlock because its mostly dumb looking robes so I'll just wear the Menagerie robes forever.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

let me tell ya something son, if you aren't slowly earning macguffins in this game so you can eventually change what your hat looks like, you might as well quit.

I mean, you get a bunch of transmog tokens for little effort, the slow earning comes later, IIRC.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

that isn't what they said at all and you're being a jackass

pointing out that you could be earning at least something from the lovely system instead of nothing is not an endorsement

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Oxyclean posted:

I mean, you get a bunch of transmog tokens for little effort, the slow earning comes later, IIRC.

I'm sure this seems valuable if you give a poo poo about transmog. The part i have a big issue with is "the effort I spend playing now will be wasted, as i will not accrue transmog mats" because this is exactly the kind of FOMO garbage that Bungie is trying to encourage.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

lmao just get the free bundle you get at the start and don't worry about the rest of the questline that pushes you into the accruing mats you giant nerd.

the whole loving game is FOMO. yeah, the transmog system is particularly bad, but god how boring do you have to be to not even want to get a free pass to set up you gear to look like one thing from now until forever.

e: I refuse to engage with raids because bungie wants to push me into the fomo of weekly lockouts and chances at an exotic gun

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

tbh if they gave 10 or even 5 clothes tokens each season (even if there was a small quest attached) it would have gone a long way with the community

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Oxyclean posted:

e: I refuse to engage with raids because bungie wants to push me into the fomo of weekly lockouts and chances at an exotic gun

At least WoW raids don't get sunset and removed.

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

hiddenriverninja posted:

tbh if they gave 10 or even 5 clothes tokens each season (even if there was a small quest attached) it would have gone a long way with the community

this is literally the system

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Judge Tesla posted:

and better yet, you can go back and stomp them solo for the cosmetics and whatnot. They might not be evergreen, but they live on with a different purpose.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

I thought that the Legends tab was planned to have old raids once they cleaned them up and fixed the hideous waste of memory

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Oxyclean posted:

and better yet, you can go back and stomp them solo for the cosmetics and whatnot. They might not be evergreen, but they live on with a different purpose.

Except when they forgot to toggle solo mode in old raids for a year

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Roctavian posted:

this is literally the system

well yeah give it to me without dumb synthstrand grinding

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans

Judge Tesla posted:

they just get replaced and never visited again except only by soloers

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

I'd appreciate synthstrand a whole lot more if I could use it to target armor rolls at all. Don't even need to target stats. just give me scatterhorn already bungie it's all I'm looking for

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Bideo James posted:

they just get replaced and never visited again except only by soloers

Yes, that is a really good way of doing things, soloing old raids for transmog (!) gear was what I did a lot in WoW.

Panderfringe
Sep 12, 2011

yospos

hiddenriverninja posted:

But instead you lose them at the end of the season lol

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
do you really

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Wheeee posted:

good job bungie

it's literally to kill like five dregs in exoscience and bring ada back a greeble for a bunch of free transmogs per class. you can passively finish the transmog bounties by just doing cru/gam/van, you barely even need to think about it. bunch of babies in here

edit- maybe it was more than that but either way I literally don't remember so it couldn't have been all that involved

PERMACAV 50 fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Jun 5, 2021

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!
For all the cataclysmic proclamations that accompanied the initial transmog details (including my own, in this very thread) it honestly hasn't been much, if any, of a detriment to my experience in the game. For all their ridiculous hoops and itemization added for this system if you reduce the three kinds of synth-whatever and the bounties to their core gameplay essence the whole thing is - play the game like you normally would for x amount of time, unlock y slot. The most direct effort you have to put into this is actually getting the bounty from Ada, everything else just happens. Paying that minimum level of attention will get me about 3-5 slots this season, I should think. Hooray?

The worst thing I can say about transmog is, it's not what I wanted (which was a free and unrestricted wardrobe with all the effort being retroactive, the effort spent to fill out collections in the first place). Additionally, since this is the implementation they decided on, I'll never actually get what I wanted. Self-examination of this fact leads me to realize I actually give a lot less of a poo poo about this than I had thought I would. Transmog existing as a stupid dumb money-grabber of a system does not, by itself, make the guns of destiny shoot any worse so I guess I don't care? If I feel anything bad it would be a sense of loss for the imaginary system I wanted they could have done instead which probably would have been received a lot better, but that's getting too close to navel-gazing for me to take seriously.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Kith posted:

hideous waste of memory

I mean, this is game-wide not just the raids. They still haven't really optimized anything, just deleted a bunch of poo poo instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
There actually is a worse version of transmog they could have implemented: the result of your efforts is unlocking a random armor piece from your collections, not one of your choosing.