Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
holy moly they got me again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

No Wave posted:

No, I only own two C1 5 stars and one was an accident, the other is a standard char. 5 stars that require cons wouldnt be worth building but that describes zero of them so far. Some 4 stars are very cons-dependent (Xiangling C4, Beidou C2 are imo two of the biggest) but you'll get them eventually so it doesnt really hurt you to level them now.

Also yoimiya's burst animation is pleasing. I'm guessing they recognize this will be a popular character.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SsukunaaA/status/1402304330032582656

Better get comfortable in the teapot Amber cause you an't coming back out.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Sanctum posted:

How do I get gold when the chests dry up? I can do the ley lines but it seems like a waste of resin when I need the weapon/talent/character ascension materials. Also artifacts jesus I'm still using blues.

Mora leylines are actually a very reasonable use of resin, because they give you 60K.

Also, we're getting a new Battle Pass in the next couple of days and that will give you a nice steady stream even if you don't get the paid version.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

See there's just under 2 hours left on these banners so I put my one last pull on the weapon banner.

Hell yeah. :parrot:

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

Sanctum posted:

Wait, am I not supposed to be pumping C0 characters all the way up to L70? Don't know what else I'd do, all I have is c0 and c1 chars.

How do I get gold when the chests dry up? I can do the ley lines but it seems like a waste of resin when I need the weapon/talent/character ascension materials. Also artifacts jesus I'm still using blues.

I'd say it depends on your AR level - at lower levels, you'll get enough from the free Battle Pass/random event shops to tide you over, and the leyline rewards scale with WL. I didn't start grinding mora leylines until I hit the 40s I think. Same with artifacts - blues work fine, though if you're hitting lv 70 you'll want to be using at least purples on your carries/dps. IMO it's worth running occasional domains before AR 45 but definitely don't seriously grind them before then.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Oh naturally I'm short on weapon mats and that domain isn't until Thursday so this shiny new claymore is stuck at level 40 right now.

Such is life.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Oh naturally I'm short on weapon mats and that domain isn't until Thursday so this shiny new claymore is stuck at level 40 right now.

Such is life.

I swear the game only gives you things the day after the material rotates out.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
That overload Bennett team seems like fun but I don't have Beidou, so rip.

Edit: One minor nitpick on that video is that EM sands is standard for carry Bennett.

Tanreall fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jun 8, 2021

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Gotta make fancy when 1 5 star is competing against Ayaka, the longest holdover in 2 years.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

dogsicle posted:

where has detailed information been posted on her kit

there was the pastebin of what stuff does but i haven't seen any numbers and a 10s burst doesn't seem bad unless there's a really stupid CD on it.

Honey Impact has it up in Chinese

It's got a 20 second cd and costs 80 energy.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Trihugger posted:

For anyone using a Melt Ganyu team on floor 12-2 of Abyss, do you still not use burst on the Oceanid critters? Or is it just a matter of using Ganyu on the first team and an entirely different team 2. Wouldn't having more Ganyu bursts still be better to dump on those stupid Lecturers' shields on 12-3?

I dunno if I'm sold on giving up Ganyu burst charge if the hardest content in the game prefers a burst spam style of play.

I use the burst if I cannot auto. But for 12-2, the critters have water aura constantly, so the pyro to be applied is likely to get vaporized before I can melt the pyro with Ganyu. So, I just use the burst anyway and become permafreeze Ganyu. (Though my Wander's substats are pretty high that it does comparable damage to my full blizzard set.) I have enough DPS for Ganyu to auto everything in under a minute or two, but the burst both does damage on top of my auto and keep them from attacking.

For the Lectors, I use the burst mostly for their shields and not for when they are unshielded, but sometimes I use Ganyu's burst for iframes to dodge their energy drain attacks, but I normally use Klee/Bennett for the first half and keep Ganyu to the second half.

For full 36* Abyss, you can always switch up your teams for each chamber and ignore how they perform in previous chambers so as long as everyone is alive and have their energy.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I made some... questionable decisions during the wait for 1.6

not really, it was a great decision, I'm just bragging. Lisa loving owns

tyrelhill
Jul 30, 2006
how do you get lisa constellations? wanderlust pulls?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

tyrelhill posted:

That or the Starglitter shop.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
If you pull four lisas off of standard pulls you're basically obligated to take her all the way.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I think I’m somehow up to C2 Lisa already from standard pulls and I’ve only done like 40 of them ever

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I'm ready for new characters but I'm especially ready for a new region. There's only so many stories you can spin about CONTRACTS and FREEDOM before I'm hungry for something new.

Plus the art we've seen of Inazuma promises some nifty looking places.

I'm currently working through the Liyue main plot questline and just got up to the Jade Palace last night. I don't know how much of this is accidental vs how much was intentional game design (with the insane amount of attention to detail in this game, and the surprisingly serious story happening in the periphery about international diplomacy, back room power playing, the role of detached gods in a modernizing human world, and the gonzo implications of the entire game being built on a close read of heretical Gnostic anti-deist texts, I'm inclined to believe that MiHoYo has a lot of smart people at work who understand lingo like "ludonarrative resonance" and who are making a game they care about very much) but I've been laughing about how the main quests are like:

Monstadt, Land of Wind and Freedom posted:

Go run around and explore, jump off stuff and glide a bunch, get into big crazy fights with fantasy poo poo, go on a date with a witch, hang out with a bunch of fun, horny, chaos alcoholics. Everyone loves each other and would die to keep them safe.

Liyue, Land of Stone and Contract posted:

Tedious business negotiations, comparison shop, fetch quests to fulfill obnoxious contractual subclauses, hang out with sexless bureaucratic oligarchs you have no desire to be around (every quest character, every adepti, etc), but are nonetheless obligated to for a variety of complicated reasons having to do with contract law and money and diplomatic immunity. Everyone hates each other and would sell them into serfdom for a cheeseburger Hot Pocket.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Is the Reunion event where you get extra stuff for not logging in two weeks still going on? Or did they scrap that for the refer a friend who hasn't played in a while?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Harrow posted:

I think I’m somehow up to C2 Lisa already from standard pulls and I’ve only done like 40 of them ever
You might not feel lucky, but those are some rare constellations!

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

No Wave posted:

You might not feel lucky, but those are some rare constellations!

Yeah honestly it's hilarious (and also I do feel lucky, those 40ish standard wishes also included a Diluc, Wanderlust Invocation has been kind to me)

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Yeah, I'm actually kind of looking forward to seeing how Inazumans take their cultural "thing" to unreasonable levels.

We all know Sumeru's gonna be a bunch of eggheads

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

RealFoxy posted:

Is the Reunion event where you get extra stuff for not logging in two weeks still going on? Or did they scrap that for the refer a friend who hasn't played in a while?

The game still does that.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

gandlethorpe posted:

Yeah, I'm actually kind of looking forward to seeing how Inazumans take their cultural "thing" to unreasonable levels.

We all know Sumeru's gonna be a bunch of eggheads

If Liyue is about bureaucracy and all the requisite maneuvering, red tape, etc., Sumeru is 100% going to be about academia and all its flaws, stresses, etc. There've already been like two quests about helping out a Sumeru scholar trying to get their thesis done...

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Soothing Vapors posted:

I made some... questionable decisions during the wait for 1.6

not really, it was a great decision, I'm just bragging. Lisa loving owns

She's so awesome she has friendship level 4. I have her friendship level 6 because and I admit she's pretty bad.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Lisa is my highest friendship character (to get her over with)

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

6 feels like such a mountain because i have a bunch of characters there that i don't want to use as much

currently forcing a daily commission lv9 friendship squad that's just all supports so the damage is slow (Venti/Jean/Albedo/Qiqi)

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Idle thought: Would you all like bonuses for specific, themed team comps, beyond the normal elemental resonance for doubling up/not doubling up on an element? I'm thinking stuff like an artifact 2/4 set bonus, but party-wide. Like you have 2 or 4 characters aligned with the Knights of Favonius (Jean, Kaeya, Lisa, Amber, Noelle, Traveler, etc) and it gives a "Freedom Vanguard" buff of some kind. Barbara and Rosaria for a "Battle Nun" 2 set perk. A full team of claymore users and you get a "Do You Even Lift" buff. Put Kaeya and Diluc on a team and get the "Holy poo poo Just gently caress Already" buff where switching between them generates burst energy or something.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

They could start by adding hydro resonance.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

This game would be better with dual and triple and quadruple techs, yeah.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

tyrelhill posted:

I honestly don't remember it happening, it just happened. It must have been wanderlust though. I pulled a bunch on wanderlust when I was new and dumb because I wanted Keqing

ninjoatse.cx posted:

She's so awesome she has friendship level 4. I have her friendship level 6 because and I admit she's pretty bad.

I just got her to 90 and kitted her out a few days ago, goddamn man

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

C6 Lisa is theoretically capable of huge hits because you can bypass setting up debuff stacks and just immediately charge the big lightning strike, which happens to have a ridiculously high modifier on it.

But nobody has C6 Lisa or has put in the time/effort to get her to that point. Also she's Electro so she doesn't get to pump those hits with Vaporize or Melt.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

GrandpaPants posted:

This game would be better with dual and triple and quadruple techs, yeah.

I hadn't even thought of it like that but God, yes, absolutely, why can't I Cross Slash or Delta

No Wave posted:

They could start by adding hydro resonance.

:iceburn:

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
Gift codes:

GenshinGalaxy
GenshinEpic

https://genshin.mihoyo.com/en/gift

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Flair posted:

Gift codes:

GenshinGalaxy
GenshinEpic

https://genshin.mihoyo.com/en/gift

Ty kindly

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

I got my Diona adequately equipped with a leveled up Noblesse set and realized that the Noblesse grind will never end...

Still need to get good pieces for XQ and Bennett. XQ should be easier though since he normally uses 2 Heart/2 Noblesse for DPS. I also still haven't actually gotten an hourglass with ER yet, so both my Diona and Bennett are using HP hourglasses. It works, but for Diona at least I'd definitely prefer ER, since her main job is feeding energy to Eula.

LUCKILY all the domains I need to farm are actually useful for both sets of artifacts now. Any great Bloodstained pieces will be good for Eula, need Heart of Depths for XQ and Blizzard Strayer for Ganyu, and I'm looking to upgrade my Millileth set to more damage oriented for ZL while I upgrade my Eula's Pale Flame.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
New patch is up. Chongyun is in my teapot where he belongs and has adorable dialogue interactions to boot. Looking forward to capturing forever-homing them all.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

did they put the web event directly in the event tab now? that's fantastic

kater
Nov 16, 2010

its been a long time since i used fischl but the em changes seem drastic.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Having just gotten eula on my last 10 pull, I did not expect to get Klee right off the bat tonight. Yay!

I also managed to get c6 Barbara while trying to get a single fischl constellation. That's genshin right there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Argh, these outfits are giving me FOMO. On the one hand, I'm not like, super duper enthused about any one of them but Jean's is cheaper right now and I actually just got the character so I could swap it back and forth whenever I wanted...

SlimGoodbody posted:

Idle thought: Would you all like bonuses for specific, themed team comps, beyond the normal elemental resonance for doubling up/not doubling up on an element? I'm thinking stuff like an artifact 2/4 set bonus, but party-wide. Like you have 2 or 4 characters aligned with the Knights of Favonius (Jean, Kaeya, Lisa, Amber, Noelle, Traveler, etc) and it gives a "Freedom Vanguard" buff of some kind. Barbara and Rosaria for a "Battle Nun" 2 set perk. A full team of claymore users and you get a "Do You Even Lift" buff. Put Kaeya and Diluc on a team and get the "Holy poo poo Just gently caress Already" buff where switching between them generates burst energy or something.

Diluc and Kaeya have bad blood for other reasons but they're actually adopted siblings.

That said I'd just take getting a 'And then the characters talk with each other' bonus for party compositions. How exactly do Razor and Bennet know each other? Please go into more detail. Does Ningguang actually have any friends or just subordinates? Same question for Rosaria. Has anyone actually seen Albedo eat a food once?