Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

One of my dogs was a pound adoption who at the pound was super sweet, friendly, got along great with my other dog. Got her home and she loved all people and my dog and treated us well.

With other dogs though she was like the stereotype of the person who bounces in and out of prison because she'd absolutely go ripshit on other dogs who did things she didn't like and I assume her barks translated to "you think I'm scared to go back? Come over here so I can get some real years this time!!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

know before Whom you stand

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

If someone I know starts wearing a hat I freak out and attack them, like a mynah bird
same :(

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

LanceHunter posted:

That actually is a point in the OP's favor. Like yeah, vindaloo (and a lot of curries) can be too much for a lot of people, but if you reject a nice biryani or even some buttered naan because you don't eat "Indian food" you're an idiot.

To me it sounds like Mary has autistic sensory issues and is still making an effort to enjoy the food regardless. I know someone with the same kind of thing and while I viscerally do not understand it -- I regularly make extremely richly spiced and herbed food and that's what I'm used to, it's just completely overstimulating to them to have all of those different flavours. Like feeling a bunch of hands on you or a lot of brightly coloured lights flashing and your brain just noping out because it can't deal with all of that information.

This absolutely is not at any point on Mary IMO. The guy wants ego-stroking and it's clear from the fact that he doesn't have this problem with anyone else there that he is getting ego-stroking, he just absolutely cannot cope with not getting it from everyone at the table

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

alexandriao posted:

To me it sounds like Mary has autistic sensory issues and is still making an effort to enjoy the food regardless. I know someone with the same kind of thing and while I viscerally do not understand it -- I regularly make extremely richly spiced and herbed food and that's what I'm used to, it's just completely overstimulating to them to have all of those different flavours. Like feeling a bunch of hands on you or a lot of brightly coloured lights flashing and your brain just noping out because it can't deal with all of that information.

This absolutely is not at any point on Mary IMO. The guy wants ego-stroking and it's clear from the fact that he doesn't have this problem with anyone else there that he is getting ego-stroking, he just absolutely cannot cope with not getting it from everyone at the table

I'm more pissed he calls her a picky eater, when he describes her as willing to try most everything but mainly sticking to a few simple things when she does eat. Someone willing to repeatedly go outside their comfort zone for food is basically getting punished for not being enthusiastic enough to make him feel like a awesome chef.

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
Which one of you guys wrote this??

AITA for me(22f)unplugging the internet when my bf(23m) was playing a game.

quote:

I had cooked dinner for my boyfriend and I had called him several times. He didn't respond so I was like what the hell and went to find him and bring his dinner to him

He was playing call of duty or halo and said he didn't hear me. I was like all right here is your dinner and then I handed it to him and he just looked at it and said I didn't want mac n cheese I said chicken nuggets and fries. I said sorry but if you had listened when I got back you would have heard that the store was all out of nuggets. He then threw the plate with the food on it at a set of drawers. I said seriously what is wrong with you and he just said he was annoyed because I just made him die in the game by distracting him and he was already mad about having mac n cheese I said if that is gonna make you angry you shouldn't be playing while eating.

He just said whatever and carried on playing so I went downstairs and turned the router off while I ate. He came storming down asking what the hell I had done. I said if you can't listen to me you shouldn't be playing games when I am trying to do stuff he said I can't turn the internet off because he Pays for it so I said he just wasted food.

He says I should have told him they were out of nuggets and waited for him to be done on the game instead of turning it off. I think he was being unreasonable especially after he threw the plate but his mom and my mom are siding with him. They say I shouldn't have turned the internet off and I am thinking they are completely missing the point. So was I wrong to do that or should I have done something different.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Evil Willow posted:

quote:

ESH.

Your son is being pretty immature and volatile, but as his mother you’re responsible for responding calmly and in a mature fashion so that he learns better behaviors.

lmfaooooo

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Evil Willow posted:

I'd say it was Asmongold but the gf part doesn't fit.

Ahahahahaaaa

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Evil Willow posted:

Love that the most upvoted responses are ESH - because it is just as bad to briefly cut off the internet connection as it is to throw your plate across the room because your girlfriend didn't make you nuggies for dinner, and then ring your mom AND her mom to complain about the injustice of it all

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

betaraywil posted:

Booooooo dog chat sucks cat chat rules

AITA for refusing to pay an HOA "ticket" while cat sitting

AITA for not moving my cat off the washing machine when my mom tried to wash clothes?

AITA? I tried to warn my friend about becoming a Lions fan and he broke his coffee table.

The Lions fan one seems somehow performative. The guy has never been a Lions fan, decides to become one, and almost immediately becomes so enraged by a game that he breaks a coffee table?

Zero One posted:

NTA but also your friend is an idiot for not telling the HOA “I don’t know who that was… I was not home.”

:lol:

The owner is responsible for guest violations. I doubt that would fly. But the owner should have told the friend where they could and could not park, so they are the rear end in a top hat. (Obviously the HOA and snitch are the bigger assholes).

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Evil Willow posted:

It’s peak Reddit this one with the ESH judgement. She sucks because of her wildly disproportionate response of turning the internet off when he just threw a plate of food across a room because it wasn’t chicken buggies.

Tobermory
Mar 31, 2011

Ocean of Milk posted:

Had to google that too. From what I can tell it refers to transporting the pet in the cargo part of the plane.

One of the stranger things about transporting pets by air is that, if you put them in the cargo hold of the plane, they're legally considered to be "cargo". This is relevant because airlines have limited liability in case of damage or destruction of cargo, and that liability is calculated by the weight of the cargo, not the value of the cargo. The current liability is around $25 / kilo. So if the airline killed the cat, they'd have to pay a maximum of around $125, depending on how big the cat was.

Scaevolus
Apr 16, 2007

You can't park here, this is a driveway!

Algol Star
Sep 6, 2010

Aramoro posted:

It’s peak Reddit this one with the ESH judgement. She sucks because of her wildly disproportionate response of turning the internet off when he just threw a plate of food across a room because it wasn’t chicken buggies.

Isn't the ESH because everyone's voting for the 'your son' comment?

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost

Algol Star posted:

There’s also a lot of “but two wrongs don’t make a right” in the comments.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Algol Star posted:

There are a lot of comments about how she's childish for not giving him the nuggies and interrupting his gaming. Suggesting that she should have just talked to the fully grown adult that just threw a plate of food that was made for him across a room and refused to stop gaming to speak to her.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

therattle posted:

The Lions fan one seems somehow performative. The guy has never been a Lions fan, decides to become one, and almost immediately becomes so enraged by a game that he breaks a coffee table?

You've never met a new Lions fan, have you?

This is about the realest tale I've ever read here

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

low key sex master posted:

You've never met a new Lions fan, have you?

This is about the realest tale I've ever read here
Can't speak for Lions fans, but as a longtime follower of Cleveland sports, I have plenty of experience watching crappy sports teams and can confirm that "angrily realizing the team sucks" is one of the first progressive stages for new fans.
1.) Minor interest as you begin following the team (often due to geography/family/whatever)
2.) Boundless fresh-faced excitement about the team, the tradition, the loyalty, and so forth
3.) Angry disappointment over the team sucking rear end
4.) Bubble of optimism when the team does something promising (draft, coaching change, free agent signing, etc)
5.) Resigned disappointment when the promising move fails
6.) Cynical negativity and/or sarcastic joking at your own team's expense
7.) Repeat steps 4 through 6 endlessly until you either find a better team, give up following the sport entirely, or die.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 29 hours!

Aramoro posted:

There are a lot of comments about how she's childish for not giving him the nuggies and interrupting his gaming. Suggesting that she should have just talked to the fully grown adult that just threw a plate of food that was made for him across a room and refused to stop gaming to speak to her.

Her biggest mistake is staying with whatever sort of goblin the boyfriend is, but dumping him would be child abandonment.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Friend (M24) stole nudes of my Gf (F23) while I (M24) was in a VR headset.

quote:

TLDR: My best friend stole nude images of my girlfriend from my phone when I was playing a VR game and couldn’t see. I caught him in the act. How should I deal with the situation?

Tonight my friend (M24) and I (M24) were getting drinks with our families. We’ve known each other since we were only months old.

After drinks we returned to his parents house and all talked for a bit. Eventually everyone left or went to bed besides the friend and myself, so we went to the basement to play video games. We ended up playing games on his virtual reality headset.

I was playing and he was sitting on the couch a few feet away, when I’d had enough of the game and took off the headset.

I see that he has two phones in his hands, one of which was mine and has one of my girlfriend of 5 years (F23) nudes pulled up. He mumbles something about her texting me and looks sheepishly at me.

I ask him point blank, “X, we’re you just taking pictures of nudes on my phone?” To which he replies yes and proceeds to panic a bit.

I calmly so alright well first I need to delete them, so I meticulously went through every album on his phone, only finding the nudes in his hidden folder along with other nudes that were not my gf. I deleted all that were of my gf and then went to Recently Deleted and permanently deleted them.

I went through a few other apps just to be sure, but I know he was using iPhone airdrop to send them from my phone to his so they likely went to his photo album only. Also, since I caught him in the act he didn’t have time to cover his tracks.

The whole time I went through his phone I told him that I still love him as a friend and that we’ve been friends for too long for even this to end things. I told him I would need time to think of course.

He asked if I was going to tell anyone and I said no, I don’t want to ruin his life as our social circles are mostly the same and he would be completely screwed in that regard.

I told him that he needs help and we talked about his depression and mental health etc. I remained calm and non-aggressive the entire time to keep him from panicking further, and I am confident that he’s not going to do anything to harm himself. He asked if there was anything that he could do to make it up to me and I said that he has to go to therapy. Then I left and returned home.

What I am here to ask is how would you all proceed?

First things first, I told him I wouldn’t tell anyone, but I ultimately think my girlfriend deserves to know that he saw those images of her and tried to steal them. This is the main reason am posting it to this sub, as it could affect more than myself but perhaps our relationship.

Secondly, what do I do about the way it’s affecting me? It took about an hour after for me to finally get angry about it, because not only was it an unimaginable breach of trust but he saw images that were meant only for me. I don’t know if that should matter much but I tried looking back at the images when I got home and I can’t look at them the same.

I also feel a sense of guilt because I only had the images in my hidden folder, where anyone that knew my password could look. He knew my password, as I thought.I could trust him with that.

TLDR: My best friend stole nude images of my girlfriend from my phone when I was playing a VR game and couldn’t see. I caught him in the act. How should I deal with the situation?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Say what you want about gamer rage, I've never heard of someone breaking furniture and screaming at friends and family because someone elselost a video game.

Ghost Leviathan fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Jun 10, 2021

Cobalt-60
Oct 11, 2016

by Azathoth
No, they just throw their food across the room.

On the other hand, I've never gotten worked up enough over a sports game to do more than express disgust, whereas I have damaged a couple controllers.

edit: snipe

quote:

AITA for telling my daughter that if she wants to bring her siblings to the cabin she can, but would have to be their babysitter?

I (34m) have a yearly tradition with my daughter (18f) that we go out to the cabin my family owns for about a week or two every summer, this year she asked if she could bring her half-siblings (8f, 11m, 12f) along - honestly, I didn't want them there - since now that my daughters an adult, I was hoping to finally just kick back and not have to be actively looking out for anyone. So I told her she can invite them, but I won't be doing anything - that it's on her to take care of them.

Don't get me wrong, like I'd still feed the kids, like when I BBQ I wouldn't just let them go hungry, but it would be my daughter's responsibility to actively take care of her siblings. ie, making sure they're safe while going to the lake, or if they get sick or hurt, it's on her to care for them.

My daughter called me selfish and she wanted a relaxing vacation and not have to take care of her siblings, so I told her "so.... don't invite them?" and then she said it was cruel to uninvite them when she already said they could go (???) and they were looking forward to it. so then I said "alright? then take care of them? were you expecting me to do that, haha no"

She called me an rear end in a top hat and said it was my responsibility as the adult to take care of kids. and I reminded her that she is now an adult and if she wants them there it's on her to take care of them, they're not my kids so I don't see why I have to waste my vacation taking care of kids who are literally not my responsibility.

AITA?

before anyone questions the age of my daughter and myself, just wanted to clear up that. yes, I had her really young, at the "ripe old age" of 16, her mother and I never got married, and Life just went on - and we have an alright co-parenting relationship. Her siblings are the product of her mother's marriage, so technically - they are her half-siblings.

That's a reversal.

Cobalt-60 fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Jun 10, 2021

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Friend (M24) stole nudes of my Gf (F23) while I (M24) was in a VR headset.

1: get a loving password on your phone that you don't share if you're gonna keep nudes of people you know on there. Jesus it's 2021.

2: Even disregarding the massive breach of trust and friendship; in certain jurisdictions what Friend here did is literally a crime. Even disregarding the violation in terms of personal emotion and immoral behaviour from a trusted friend, do you really want to stay in contact with someone willing to perpetrate a criminal act towards your girlfriend?

Absolutely an rear end in a top hat if he ever talks to that friend again.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!
I'm surprised how many times we've seen people saying their friends/family have their passwords. I share mine with my husband, but anyone else? Not even my closest friends. It just seems weird to me.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

artsy fartsy posted:

I'm surprised how many times we've seen people saying their friends/family have their passwords. I share mine with my husband, but anyone else? Not even my closest friends. It just seems weird to me.

sharing my password with my partner seems just as weird to me so I guess everyone really is different

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Some people were either raised to internalise not having any boundaries or were lucky enough to be able to actually trust their family.

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

BabyFur Denny posted:

sharing my password with my partner seems just as weird to me so I guess everyone really is different
My wife and I know each other's password, but we're legally married (with all the legal ramifications), have a shared bank account, both use the same primary credit card account, share the mortgage, and so forth. Next to all the ways we're legally intertwined, knowing each other's phone password seems kind of irrelevantly small.

When I was single, I never shared my password with anybody I was dating; nor would I share it with friends...but friends/dating just seems like a totally different situation since there wasn't nearly the level of "we're already bound tightly in dozens of more important ways".

At least that's my take on it; everybody can figure out where they want the line in their own life.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

therattle posted:

if you're freaking out and smashing up your house because some TV men lost a game the TV men are more a means to the end of going chimp on the furniture, maybe the guy should get into stocks too so he can break every plate in the kitchen when XOM drops a point

betaraywil
Dec 30, 2006

Gather the wind
Though the wind won't help you fly at all

In the late 90s I shared my GameFAQs password with another 13 year old I met on GameFAQs so he could post on my account while I was on vacation and I wouldn't lose a posting streak or whatever. I now use a password manager and my wife has the master password in case I die suddenly, which I think is a pretty smart approach to the problem.

Anyway that's a severe underreaction to the friend who's a deceptive sex criminal.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

I use my mom's phone number as a password for lots of stuff so pretty much everyone has it anyway

HazCat
May 4, 2009

That guy had stolen nudes of other women on his phone and OP specifically left them there, and is willingly covering this all up specifically so his friend can keep his social standing (and, coincidentally, access to more women to victimise). He can absolutely get hosed.

This goes well beyond ignoring the missing step and into knowingly abetting a sexual predator.

If I found out a man I knew did this it would be really hard not to rise to violence over it.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I wonder if it even occurred to him the other ones could also be stolen

Scaevolus
Apr 16, 2007

Wife does not realize that I'm hyperintelligent

blind posted:

I've been married for a few years, and realize now that my wife is simply unable to grasp that I'm an outlier. I doubt if she'll ever be able to understand / accept me as who I really am. That alone would still have been perfectly okay, since most outliers learn to live with being misunderstood by the world in general. But what adds to my problems is that when it becomes too complex for her to understand my though process on some very important personal decisions, she tries to simplify the whole thing in her mind as 'maybe I'm not thinking straight'. I'm contemplating divorce as I'm beginning to think that solitude would be preferable to being in a misunderstood relationship, although my original thinking before deciding to get married was the opposite.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Scaevolus posted:

It must be cool to go through life with delusions of grandeur

Tomfoolery
Oct 8, 2004

Scaevolus posted:

If your brain is so big why haven't you conceptualized a Tulpa yet that is 100x smarter than your wife?? Clearly you're not that smart dude

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Scaevolus posted:

I bet he watches Rick and Morty. Only super smart people get it.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

HazCat posted:

That guy had stolen nudes of other women on his phone and OP specifically left them there, and is willingly covering this all up specifically so his friend can keep his social standing (and, coincidentally, access to more women to victimise). He can absolutely get hosed.

This goes well beyond ignoring the missing step and into knowingly abetting a sexual predator.

If I found out a man I knew did this it would be really hard not to rise to violence over it.

There is no greater crime in the universe than a man looking bad because of a woman.

It might be sexual assault, stealing nudes off a phone, or simply masturbating onto a female politican's desk recording it and sending it to all your friends.

Rest assured, if a man faces any consequences for such a thing, it is the greatest of injustices.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Scaevolus posted:

I thought this type of guy had been hunted to extinction in the 2000s so it's really good to see them start to pop up again. Nature is healing.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Please tell me he goes on to give examples of his hyperintelligence.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Sunswipe posted:

Please tell me he goes on to give examples of his hyperintelligence.

*links to his own reddit posts*

"heh, checkmate"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I remember a couple examples of *intelligence* from the last thread, but I think that's vanished into the aether.