Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Did they ever make it easier to get blessed Lizardmen units for factions that aren't Cult of Sotek or Nakai?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

stackofflapjacks posted:

I'm real hopeful for sieges in wh3. Is it something they've announced they are working on?

Yes, they said it in a blog post iirc

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
Khorne def secretly desires Slaanesh.

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est

Cranappleberry posted:

I get a little bit Genghis Khorne?

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Cranappleberry posted:

khorne has toxic manscuilinity and cant accept how horny he is for the genderfluid slaanesh

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

juggalo baby coffin posted:

khorne has toxic manscuilinity and cant accept how horny he is for the genderfluid slaanesh

exactly how I read it

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Cranappleberry posted:

Khorne is the embodiment of rage so self loathing homophobe rage is definitely also in his wheelhouse

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Tzeentch is volcel

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]
Nurgle, I just think he's neat.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

stackofflapjacks posted:

I'm real hopeful for sieges in wh3. Is it something they've announced they are working on? Or is it more a glaring obvious slam dunk to fix?

New siege maps and the 3K diplomacy system would be enough to get me fully onboard with warhams 3 (as if I'm not going to buy it no matter what anyways)

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Warhams 3 coming out will be enough to get me on board for it and all future dlc.

I may be a lost cause.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Tzeentch is volcel

Cardboard Fox posted:

Nurgle, I just think he's neat.

made me chuckle, ngl

Real Cool Catfish posted:

Warhams 3 coming out will be enough to get me on board for it and all future dlc.

I may be a lost cause.

how will I have time to get my lifts in? HOW?!

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Nurgle is a cool dude, pass it on.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

The Duggler posted:

New siege maps and the 3K diplomacy system would be enough to get me fully onboard with warhams 3 (as if I'm not going to buy it no matter what anyways)

Having never played 3K, what's good about its diplomacy system?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Cranappleberry posted:

made me chuckle, ngl

Henry Cavill account spotted.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Communist Walrus posted:

Having never played 3K, what's good about its diplomacy system?

When making deals with the AI, instead of a useless red/yellow/green color system, everything - resources, trade deals, treaties, whatever - is assigned detailed numerical values, weighted by how much the AI likes you and how much it values the thing you're offering/asking for - for example, asking for peace for someone you're stomping into the dirt is worth a huge amount in your favor so you can ask for stuff in exchange, whereas asking for peace for someone who is beating your rear end is going to cost you. So instead of just putting random poo poo in a window and clicking "accept" until either the AI agrees or you give up in frustration because you can't deduce what they loving want, you can actually see, numerically, what you'll need to pony up to get what you want. It's more "gamey" but infinitely less frustrating.

There's also more general tweaks. AI in 3K are much more forgiving of conflict, and it's actually possible to patch up relations and become friends with someone who you fought with in the past. On a similar note, there's no generic "reliability" rating where backstabbing some Bretonnians will make some Dark Elves on the other side of the planet leery of dealing with you - backstabbing a faction will make them hate your loving guts and be strongly resistant to ever dealing with you again, but it doesn't ruin your entire diplomatic game for 40 turns. Finally, NAPs and alliances are a lot safer and more reliable because the AI is much better at signaling that their interests are diverging from yours, and you can break an alliance if the AI suicide charges into an insane war without the entire world hating your guts for ten thousand years for doing it.

Kanos fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Jun 12, 2021

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

Cranappleberry posted:

made me chuckle, ngl

back in the day when it used to take five minutes to End Turn you could get some squats or push-ups in but CA RUINED it by making the load time faster

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Kanos posted:

When making deals with the AI, instead of a useless red/yellow/green color system, everything - resources, trade deals, treaties, whatever - is assigned detailed numerical values, weighted by how much the AI likes you and how much it values the thing you're offering/asking for - for example, asking for peace for someone you're stomping into the dirt is worth a huge amount in your favor so you can ask for stuff in exchange, whereas asking for peace for someone who is beating your rear end is going to cost you. So instead of just putting random poo poo in a window and clicking "accept" until either the AI agrees or you give up in frustration because you can't deduce what they loving want, you can actually see, numerically, what you'll need to pony up to get what you want. It's more "gamey" but infinitely less frustrating.

There's also more general tweaks. AI in 3K are much more forgiving of conflict, and it's actually possible to patch up relations and become friends with someone who you fought with in the past. On a similar note, there's no generic "reliability" rating where backstabbing some Bretonnians will make some Dark Elves on the other side of the planet leery of dealing with you - backstabbing a faction will make them hate your loving guts and be strongly resistant to ever dealing with you again, but it doesn't ruin your entire diplomatic game for 40 turns. Finally, NAPs and alliances are a lot safer and more reliable because the AI is much better at signaling that their interests are diverging from yours, and you can break an alliance if the AI suicide charges into an insane war without the entire world hating your guts for ten thousand years for doing it.

The individual faction leaders' personalities are also a lot more explicit and explained too. And also more characterful, instead of most being generic "is dwarf: holds grudges, -40 affinity to elves and skaven" and one idiot rando having "hates dwarfs" trait, each ruler has a personality and the game explains what that means. Dong Zhuo loves taking the cruelest options in battle and sieges and will demand lopsided deals, Cao Cao will backstab you, Kong Rong will pay you to trade with him, etc

And not only is backstabbing less of a diplo-ruiner, it only pisses off the person you backstabbed and their allies. Their enemies will like you more for owning them, and some rulers just don't give a poo poo.

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Jun 12, 2021

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Every faction leader in Warhammer is absurdly racist, I don’t see why a dwarf king should automatically despise every orc warleader before they’ve even had a chance to talk

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
if you know orc & dawi history it should be readily obvious why they would hate each other

there's a lot of grudges written down titled: gently caress These Urks and Grobi

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

In 40 years thorgrim grudgebearer’s grandchild is gonna come home with their goblin bf and he’s just gonna have to deal with it

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Oh he'll deal with it alright. In one stroke.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
In 40 years he's going to strangle Queek while chanting every grudge against Queek personally and rat-kind in general, proof that end times isn't all bad

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

I want Cathay info but CA is gonna keep giving us Khorne vs. Kislev until the last possible loving moment, aren't they? It's Kroq'gar at the Fallen Gates 2.0! This time with more non-info!

(gently caress me up with the Cathay poo poo, CA. Do it.)

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

It's like what Spielberg said about Jaws - you don't show the shark until an hour into the film.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Gonkish posted:

I want Cathay info but CA is gonna keep giving us Khorne vs. Kislev until the last possible loving moment, aren't they? It's Kroq'gar at the Fallen Gates 2.0! This time with more non-info!

(gently caress me up with the Cathay poo poo, CA. Do it.)

They'll probably do another matchup for the next phase, one of the chaos gods vs another chaos god and then they'll do Cathay vs the last chaos faction a bit later. Mixed in with big focus bits on whatever the back of box features are like the unique campaign mechanics and maybe siege overhauls if those are a thing and new poo poo for the other factions. Once they've properly revealed them all they'll just go whole hog and show big mashups and poo poo, the preorder dlc as well.

thebardyspoon fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Jun 12, 2021

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
yeah they'll show at least one more chaos faction before showing cathay probably nurgle or slaanesh judging by some of the rumors that the tzeentch stuff is still in development

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Cathay will 100% be the Skaven of warhammer 2 so it's gonna be a long summer

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Warhammer 2 announcement trailer came out on March 31st, while the Skaven reveal happened in mid August. So almost a 5 month wait.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Yeah but it's also feverish anticipation! I think we'll see more chaos next maybe nurgle or tzeentch. With cathay bookending the hype train. I do wish we could get a clue regarding some more of the map though. Like ogre and chaos dwarf territory will have to be accessible right out the gate so uhm, what'll be there CA? Huh CA HUH???

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Southpaugh posted:

Yeah but it's also feverish anticipation! I think we'll see more chaos next maybe nurgle or tzeentch. With cathay bookending the hype train. I do wish we could get a clue regarding some more of the map though. Like ogre and chaos dwarf territory will have to be accessible right out the gate so uhm, what'll be there CA? Huh CA HUH???

I'm guessing it'll be another Vampire Coast/Tomb Kings situation, where there's obvious placeholder factions sitting there until the time comes for them to be replaced. I don't know what the potential replacement races would be, however, considering that the Ogres and the Chorfs don't really have existing analogues anywhere else in the game.

We might just see generic dawi in the Darklands and then something else in the Mountains of Mourn. Alternatively, one of them could be the pre-order bonus, which would solve one half of that equation. I'm wondering if the thicc bois are going to be the pre-order, now, since they don't have any obvious analogues that currently exist in-game. That said, eventually they will both be there because they're completely obvious choices for DLC, so it just matters exactly how much of their territory is represented.

I am extremely curious about how far east the map is going to go. Considering Cathay is in, that means PRETTY loving FAR EAST, but I want to know if they'll go as far as including Nippon. Like, will we be getting the ENTIRE map, or will they arbitrarily hack off a chunk of it like they did with Naggarond, Lustria, and the Southlands in ME?

I'm hoping for the full monty. Give us the whole map, CA. Go loving big.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
They haven't really done a gameplay walkthrough with Khorne yet, so I assume that's next anyways.

TaintedBalance
Dec 21, 2006

hope, n: desire accompanied by expectation of or belief in fulfilment

Gonkish posted:

I'm guessing it'll be another Vampire Coast/Tomb Kings situation, where there's obvious placeholder factions sitting there until the time comes for them to be replaced. I don't know what the potential replacement races would be, however, considering that the Ogres and the Chorfs don't really have existing analogues anywhere else in the game.

We might just see generic dawi in the Darklands and then something else in the Mountains of Mourn. Alternatively, one of them could be the pre-order bonus, which would solve one half of that equation. I'm wondering if the thicc bois are going to be the pre-order, now, since they don't have any obvious analogues that currently exist in-game. That said, eventually they will both be there because they're completely obvious choices for DLC, so it just matters exactly how much of their territory is represented.

I am extremely curious about how far east the map is going to go. Considering Cathay is in, that means PRETTY loving FAR EAST, but I want to know if they'll go as far as including Nippon. Like, will we be getting the ENTIRE map, or will they arbitrarily hack off a chunk of it like they did with Naggarond, Lustria, and the Southlands in ME?

I'm hoping for the full monty. Give us the whole map, CA. Go loving big.

I highly doubt we're gonna get the whole map with initial release of Immortal Empires. If they do give us a full wrap around map, its gonna be missing a lot of areas. Look at how much the Mortal Empires map expanded from release to now - it's insane. I expect a similar strategy for Immortal Empires, with the wrap around idea being the main complicating factor on if it is in at launch, post-launch, or never. Remember we're only getting the WH3 main campaign mode on launch, with the ME all factions map coming a couple months after.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

was the khorne LL confirmed to be skarbrand?

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Cathay will either be incredible or extremely disappointing and nothing in between and in very anxious about this

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

juggalo baby coffin posted:

was the khorne LL confirmed to be skarbrand?

They have.

ZeusJupitar
Jul 7, 2009

Gonkish posted:

It'll just be rats and orcs, both heavily present in the Darklands/Mourne anyway.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Plenty of room for some elves and lizards in the south of the placeholder area.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

I had a dream last night. Cathay was revealed. And then it became a nightmare.

They were entirely reused Empire models, and entirely Caucasian.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dandywalken posted:

I had a dream last night. Cathay was revealed. And then it became a nightmare.

They were entirely reused Empire models, and entirely Caucasian.

With comically offensive "asian" accents