Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

That loving replay. One more punch would have finished him. He never would have blocked it. Fuuuuuck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Let's interview the winner and showcase the opponents highlights

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

is pepsi ok posted:

nate fights are always so good

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

nate definitely thought "i could end this dude's whole career" at the end there but thought better of it, out of the goodness of his heart

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

this is the closest MMA feels to seeing some regular boring fighter have to fight like The Ultimate Warrior circa 1991

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Usman is gonna murder Edwards

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

The people's champ remains

DOMELORD420
Dec 28, 2000

"high level showcase fight" I mean yeah, I get it, but no one's gonna remember anything about this except nate being badass in the last round

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

D-Pad posted:

That loving replay. One more punch would have finished him. He never would have blocked it. Fuuuuuck.

The wild thing about it was that the right hand was the Stockton Slap, then that left loving connected. That last minute was bonkers nutso and ruled

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
inviting the whole arena to your place for daddy drinks (?)

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
lol Nate rules

Phat rear end party at my house tonight!

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

that fight somehow went exactly the way it looked on paper and, simultaneously, in nerves

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

DOMELORD420 posted:

"high level showcase fight" I mean yeah, I get it, but no one's gonna remember anything about this except nate being badass in the last round

And probably a vague dislike of Edwards.

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

blue footed boobie posted:

Usman is gonna murder Edwards
:amen:

artism
Nov 22, 2011

DOMELORD420 posted:

Perhaps, but Edwards is accustomed to neglect

DOMELORD420
Dec 28, 2000

this next fight is gonna knock yall off your feet

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

D-Pad posted:

https://twitter.com/UFC_Obsessed/status/1403921759259160577

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
looking forward to mclovin v figgyfigs

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

it's the perfect diaz moment, because he'll use that in at least ten more interviews about why he's the best and would have won even though he clearly, immediately could have won that fight and instead he chose to point and laugh and give him the bird rather than, y'know, punching him

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
I see Figueirdo winning, but in honor of the Barn Cat, I'm rooting for Baby Assassain.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I love me some ranchero walkout music.

DOMELORD420
Dec 28, 2000

blue footed boobie posted:

I love me some ranchero walkout music.

if mexico got its own GSP, we'd see a lot more of that

edit: these boos lmao

Gibbs
May 9, 2021

Was it Good Guy Nate who intentionally let Leon survive as to save the man's career after an otherwise convincing win?

Or was it Four More Rounds of Brain Damage Nate who didn't process how hurt Leon was. A light gust would have blown Leon over let alone a basic jab.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
next Nate fight will be 6 rounds

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Gibbs posted:

Was it Good Guy Nate who intentionally let Leon survive as to save the man's career after an otherwise convincing win?

Or was it Four More Rounds of Brain Damage Nate who didn't process how hurt Leon was. A light gust would have blown Leon over let alone a basic jab.

you see the point, it's the former

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Despite the fact that Nate got his rear end beat for 24 minutes, this will be all anyone remembers about the fight.

DOMELORD420
Dec 28, 2000

comparing what figgy does to what n'gannou does is pretty mental, but I will concede the small man would knock me out

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Gibbs posted:

I feel like his leg was so hosed he could only stumble haphazardly towards Edwards

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Mr. Nice! posted:

Despite the fact that Nate got his rear end beat for 24 minutes, this will be all anyone remembers about the fight.

Also this when Nate should've *immediately* followed up, but he sure did try to end things a few seconds later:

https://twitter.com/ImAntoMMA/status/1403921705391755267

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
I'll remember the rad elbows and sweeps from Edwards, but not as fondly as that slap-2-finger point 209 special combo

DOMELORD420
Dec 28, 2000

mexicans are in the loving house

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

I'm so mad because I had a parley on Nate and Adesanya that would have won me $700+. Like I only bet $130 or so but drat.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
love beltran

DOMELORD420
Dec 28, 2000

moreno rocks

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Moreno looks fantastic

sausage king of Chicago
Jun 13, 2001