Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Horrorosaurus posted:

Right, I mean the topic is interesting (uaps, not necessarily aliens) but in this thread there's a way too desperate need to believe something big is happening.
the aliens are looking for a new home and they've been scouting us out like real estate for the past few decades. and then at the end of the month, the different governments of the world are going to be like "okay, we've got some news..." about our new roommates who will arriving shortly with all their luggage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
SPY-1 radar smokes too much weed, hallucinates contacts dropping from orbit to hovering at sea level in seconds. MANY SUCH CASES

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Delta-Wye posted:

SPY-1 radar smokes too much weed, hallucinates contacts dropping from orbit to hovering at sea level in seconds. MANY SUCH CASES

At least it makes a psyop to make us scared of something besides terrorism seem more believable

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans
I'm disclosing my rear end as a mass projector

Horrorosaurus
Oct 22, 2010

WEH posted:

Is DMT the one that makes you see like a plant god, or was that ayahuasca

DMT you get torn to see whatever cool entities. 90% of the time I see the same statue like being sitting there, one of my friends see a beautiful lady in red cloth and another one gets to meet his favorite weed dealer who has taken the shape of a Labrador retriever and the dealer-dog hugs him lol

Best part is intense as it is you're back in like 3 minutes and fully functional or ready for the next trip

helta posted:

You have no right to stop me!

what if I AM a space cop, though? I'd stop anything.

Google Butt posted:

rogan is the problem not the weed. funny you can't make this connection.

Lol might be, might be

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

The Saucer Hovers posted:

ayahuasca is puke then snake god for hours, DMT is machine elves for two or three min

Ah, gotcha. It's half remembered poo poo from mysterious universe circa 2010 so it was probably some designer drug then. I feel like people have claimed to see machine elves sober, too.

Horrorosaurus
Oct 22, 2010

this is what i get for reaching out a hand. mmmm mmm mmmm...

Lmao

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

I like the star trek voyager where the aliens used to be dinosaurs, I hope that is what is going on

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Horrorosaurus posted:

Right, I mean the topic is interesting (uaps, not necessarily aliens) but in this thread there's a way too desperate need to believe something big is happening.

perfect storm of no more trump, society visibly collapsing, gov't doin' a small policy change and goons with incredibly high news tolerances seeking the next fix

hoping we get visible and vocal posadist faction in CSPAM out of it tbh

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
Uaps in the frakkin walls

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Tighclops posted:

Uaps in the frakkin walls

danzig-ishly: can u make the uaps fly UP the walls?

Horrorosaurus
Oct 22, 2010

I don't know the source itself but the interviews here are pretty good and this touches my main problem with these videos https://www.bu.edu/articles/2021/government-ufo-report/

"Think of an airplane—if you look at a 747 in the sky, it doesn’t appear to be moving very fast. It’s going 600 miles an hour, but the rate at which a film of that plane would look [like it’s going] depends on the distance. And [the government’s] not telling us whether they know the distance. These are not [reliable] measurements of speed and acceleration unless they know the distance to the object, and they’re not telling us."

Like that's a really simple, obvious point.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Horrorosaurus posted:

I don't know the source itself but the interviews here are pretty good and this touches my main problem with these videos https://www.bu.edu/articles/2021/government-ufo-report/

"Think of an airplane—if you look at a 747 in the sky, it doesn’t appear to be moving very fast. It’s going 600 miles an hour, but the rate at which a film of that plane would look [like it’s going] depends on the distance. And [the government’s] not telling us whether they know the distance. These are not [reliable] measurements of speed and acceleration unless they know the distance to the object, and they’re not telling us."

Okay, you win. Go away

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

this is what i get for reaching out a hand. mmmm mmm mmmm...

give them a hand and they give you the finger

Horrorosaurus
Oct 22, 2010

Marzzle posted:

perfect storm of no more trump, society visibly collapsing, gov't doin' a small policy change and goons with incredibly high news tolerances seeking the next fix

hoping we get visible and vocal posadist faction in CSPAM out of it tbh

It's incredible how much content Trump generated on a daily basis. Really didn't expect to see such a full on mr Magoo approach.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Horrorosaurus posted:

but in this thread there's a way too desperate need to believe something big is happening.

*government admits UFOs are real, for the first time, and even loving obungler is on the news talking about it*

"wow i cant believe so many idiots are interested in the UFOs" :smug:

Horrorosaurus
Oct 22, 2010

WEH posted:

Okay, you win. Go away

No

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

though if obungler is talking about it its gotta be a lie lol

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Horrorosaurus posted:

lookit this big brain motherfucker who knows better than dozens of us navy professionals

Horrorosaurus
Oct 22, 2010

Rah! posted:

*government admits UFOs are real, for the first time, and even loving obungler is on the news talking about it*

"wow i cant believe so many idiots are interested in the UFOs" :smug:

Alright fine since this is exactly what's wrong with the discussion: where does the US government say UFOs are real? I assume we are talking space alien UFOs here. Where did this come from? Let's not talk old presidents on talk shows, let's talk official sources.

Edit:gently caress it, why not. Quote Obama saying UFOs are real. Word to word and give the source. I'm engaging because this is ridiculous enough.

Horrorosaurus has issued a correction as of 22:35 on Jun 13, 2021

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

The Carter UFO initiative, such as it was, quickly approached its climax. Some individuals maintain that the President was given a UFO briefing at the White House on June 14, 1977, and afterwards was bound to secrecy. According to former USAF Captain Robert Collins, “a lone MJ-12 briefing officer” met with the President, accompanied by several independent sources. Together these sources produced a “reconstruction” of what was told to Carter, and this became known as the “Executive Briefing: Project Aquarius” document. It was later leaked to UFO researcher William Moore through a member of the Defense Intelligence Agency known only as the Falcon. Moore said that the notes he received were a typed copy of handwritten notes that had been used by the officer during the briefing. The memo itself gives the (now standard) account of multiple retrievals of alien technology.

Grant Cameron noted that a review of the schedule on June 14, 1977 shows that a meeting in the Cabinet room between 1:35 p.m. and 3:15 p.m., to “discuss appropriations for intelligence affairs in the 1979 Budget of the U.S.” could have been a cover for another meeting which did not appear in the diary of President Carter. However, there remains no hard evidence to support the claims that a briefing took place, and no proof has shown the documents to be either legitimate or a forgery.

In this context, the author [Richard Dolan] can relate an anecdote told to him privately by a well-placed source. In June 1977, a presidential aide who was “very, very close to Carter” walked into the Oval Office following a briefing that the aide knew had concerned the topic of UFOs. Carter was sobbing, with his head in his hands, nearly on his desk. Although the aide did not learn the precise reasons for Carter’s emotional state, he said that a few of Carter’s phrases made it clear he was deeply upset about the topic.

Probably the most dramatic UFO-related statement attributed to Jimmy Carter was made public in 1995. During a television appearance, the actor Nicholas Cage had mentioned a conversation he had with actress Shirley MacLaine. He said MacLaine had told him about various conversations she had with former President Carter, including Carter’s statement to her that he had seen a crashed flying saucer and the occupants. Shortly after this, MacLaine was a guest on the Larry King television show, and a caller asked her about Cage’s statement. MacLaine responded by saying:

'[Carter] didn’t tell me that, but he told me many times that when I first wrote Out On A Limb [in 1983] that he would support me, that it was true, that there were crafts, that he believed there were occupants, [and] why should we be the only people in the universe? He wanted to shine the sunshine laws on intelligence, to expose it, to see how the people would react, but he didn’t and wouldn’t and couldn’t as he explained to me.'

The statement is interesting because it seems to indicate that Carter was telling her more than his simple belief or opinion. The statement that “it was true, that there were crafts” seems extremely specific, especially one made by a former President. Both Grant Cameron and this author have asked Ms. MacLaine for elaboration on this statement, but she has not done so officially. However, in conversation with this author, she did confirm that she was on friendly terms with the President and that he had discussed UFOs with her in very serious terms.

Butternubs
Feb 15, 2012
You have to accept that them being in the navy makes them less credible, not more....

They're either in on whatever dumb distraction tactic/money siphon the gov is running or they're looking to make a quick buck, because they worked some lovely desk job for 10 years that left them with no transferable skills and a lovely goatee.

OR they're just tom delonge level nuts and they desperately want it to be a conspiracy.

Being in the military, especially the US military is not traditionally a mark of good character.

e: same goes for ex-presidents, they didn't get there by being cool honest guys who would never tell a lie.

Butternubs has issued a correction as of 22:43 on Jun 13, 2021

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Horrorosaurus posted:

thanks!

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

drat this thread sucks now

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Lsd is way ficking better than shroomies sorry

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Riot Bimbo posted:

Lsd is a cia/nazi mind control drug, no way you should put that poo poo in your head

Think Less
Dec 29, 2016

Horrorosaurus posted:

Alright fine since this is exactly what's wrong with the discussion: where does the US government say UFOs are real? I assume we are talking space alien UFOs here. Where did this come from? Let's not talk old presidents on talk shows, let's talk official sources.

Edit:gently caress it, why not. Quote Obama saying UFOs are real. Word to word and give the source. I'm engaging because this is ridiculous enough.

Read the loving thread. Every couple of days, some big brain haver comes into the thread with "heh, UFOs aren't real" and half a dozen people point out what you're asking for.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Horrorosaurus posted:

Quoth Obungler:

"What is true, and I'm actually being serious here, is that there are, there's footage and records of objects in the skies, that we don't know exactly what they are. We can't explain how they moved, their trajectory. They did not have an easily explainable pattern. And so, you know, I think that people still take seriously trying to investigate and figure out what that is."

He said that in May on James Cordon's show go watch it on fuckin yootoob

Nobody said it's aliens yet but they say it's not us and it probably isn't Russia or China all the time. Whether you want to believe the DoD is another issue but they are saying this for some reason.

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

Butternubs posted:

You have to accept that them being in the navy makes them less credible, not more....

They're either in on whatever dumb distraction tactic/money siphon the gov is running or they're looking to make a quick buck, because they worked some lovely desk job for 10 years that left them with no transferable skills and a lovely goatee.

OR they're just tom delonge level nuts and they desperately want it to be a conspiracy.

Being in the military, especially the US military is not traditionally a mark of good character.

e: same goes for ex-presidents, they didn't get there by being cool honest guys who would never tell a lie.

they're pilots you dumbass

if they don't speak up about UFOs and become famous they "retire" to an upper level officer career or a lifetime of flying airliners for big bucks. Guess which one of those doesn't happen if they become known as "the UFO guy"

Obviously there's some angle being played here by the government; the push is too coordinated for it not to be. The question is what the US has to gain from admitting there's things in the sky they don't understand and hinting that aliens are a plausible explanation.

here's a CNN article with the actual Obama interview: https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/19/politics/barack-obama-ufos/index.html

You want the Clinton version next?

Log082 has issued a correction as of 23:16 on Jun 13, 2021

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
been thinking about fullmetal alchemist lately. it was an alright anime that came out in, idk, 2005 or so? it eventually outran the manga it was based on and took a turn for the bad which is pretty common when the source material dries up (see GoT).

they inserted a bizarre twist where matter is conserved for their alchemistry/magic, but the energy comes from suffering in a parallel world - ours. and ww1 was generating plenty of energy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVkc0GVq3vQ

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan
active, open belief in UFO's and aliens is far more common in the armed forces than you're led to believe and it's not really frowned upon. In fact, Project Grudge became Project Blue Book because they were worried that pilots and other personnel wouldn't come forward with their UFO sightings for fear of looking crazy, because the US military does, in fact, need people watching the skies for weird poo poo just in case it's another foreign power's aircraft or missiles. They just get uneasy when it's like contractors or personnel around test sites like Area 51 blabbing off because it might get picked up by foreign intelligence.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Geez, I go away for two days and you all let the undergrad Neil Degrasse Tyson-types come and poo poo up the place

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

lsd is cool

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

A MIRACLE posted:

lsd is cool

lsd is a fun drug to do with your friends.

lsd is a dangerous drug to do with your not friends the CIA.

in fact, don't do any drugs with the CIA. Just look at what happened the EBEs. Ever seen a picture of those little bastards? Look strung out as hell. They all got addicted to heroin and now the CIA is flying their saucers to gently caress with China.

It was easy too. Think about it. Crashed spaceship, right? Injured aliens, need pain killers. Aliens don't have cash, what are they going to trade for opiates? That's right, anti-gravity and electromagnetic forcefields.

The Vinja Ninja
Mar 16, 2006

Sometimes, time beats you.

Mecha Gojira posted:

lsd is a fun drug to do with your friends.

lsd is a dangerous drug to do with your not friends the CIA.

in fact, don't do any drugs with the CIA. Just look at what happened the EBEs. Ever seen a picture of those little bastards? Look strung out as hell. They all got addicted to heroin and now the CIA is flying their saucers to gently caress with China.

It was easy too. Think about it. Crashed spaceship, right? Injured aliens, need pain killers. Aliens don't have cash, what are they going to trade for opiates? That's right, anti-gravity and electromagnetic forcefields.

Aliens are Mormons??? Thanks for clearing that up, the LDS church sure is a drug used by the CIA and aliens clearly are a part of it as you do get to have space sex if you dont masturbate.

Turns out aliens are just space Mormons.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Fun Shoe

i prefer grown over lab made entheogens guilty as charged. come up to the pnw and try out a psilocybe azurescens, one of the most potent on the planet. stamps cant compete.

as a person in the pnw I would like to know more lol

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Riot Bimbo posted:

:mmmsmug:

Drugs that make you barf suck and aren't worth doing, that's just the way it is

E:

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

Lsd is a cia/nazi mind control drug, no way you should put that poo poo in your head
Next you'll tell me it stays in my spine for years

OK baizuo has issued a correction as of 00:03 on Jun 14, 2021

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

PawParole posted:

'[Carter] didn’t tell me that, but he told me many times that when I first wrote Out On A Limb [in 1983] that he would support me, that it was true, that there were crafts, that he believed there were occupants, [and] why should we be the only people in the universe? He wanted to shine the sunshine laws on intelligence, to expose it, to see how the people would react, but he didn’t and wouldn’t and couldn’t as he explained to me.'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYzRY2XpLBk&t=41s

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

like they're probably lying and this is a big op but lol if you think your dumb skeptic wannabe rear end knows how radar and optics and the like work better than the dozens or hundreds of trained professionals involved

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

buncha fuckin idiot nerds trying to be neil degrasse tyson because they have forgotten the face of carl sagan