Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

TropicalCoke posted:

Buy a reusable k cup bingo bongo so simple

Have you heard the good word about Melitta? It costs like 4 bucks. Lasts for decades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

inferis posted:

the only asian in the series is named cho chang

There were 2 Indian sisters named Patil

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
wizards in Harry Potter aren’t scary, if you have a shotgun and a rifle you’re basically fine

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

tokin opposition posted:

Dumbledore dated gay wizard Hitler right? I gave up on watching the fantastic beasts movies

yeah but it was during hitler's art school period

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

indigi posted:

wizards in Harry Potter aren’t scary, if you have a shotgun and a rifle you’re basically fine

They're too lazy to use the goddamn shitter for crying out loud.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

The Nastier Nate posted:

Half the books are about how the neoliberal wizard goverment is completely incompetent and unprepared to deal with the threat of wizard nazis

She thinks trans women are Voldemort op

And I assure you my nose is right where it always has been, unfortunately

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

https://twitter.com/NeilBlairTBP/status/1272428368743538692

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug
Wizards blasting eachother with line of sight kill spells while hypersonic missiles streak in from beyond the horizon.

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

indigi posted:

https://youtu.be/tS3y1Q3mFVw

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

lol israel

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

The wizards were merely exercising their right to defend themselves when they lobbed precision guided fireballs at that muggle school

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
lmao I thought it was Fantastic Breasts

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Facebook Aunt posted:

Have you heard the good word about Melitta? It costs like 4 bucks. Lasts for decades.

Aero Press por vida.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

lmao I thought it was Fantastic Breasts

Fantastic Breasts and Where To Fondle Them, yes

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Proust Malone posted:

Aero Press por vida.

I used an aero press for like a month until I realized I don't actually like dealing with a pain in the rear end manual process that I have to clean the gunk out of every time

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

literally the only thing i know about fantastic beasts 2 is that grindelwald actually wanted to stop hitler, which was bad

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

what house was Hitler in ?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/ne0liberal/status/1404080780335366148

Alobar
Jun 21, 2011

Are you proud of me?

Are you proud of what I do?

I'll try to be a better man than the one that you knew.

the fried chicken sandwich, when executed *properly*, is a perfect invention

yet all of those restaurants do it wrong

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Marx Headroom posted:

Find online support groups then! Same thing as WFH. I realize it's weird I'm not just letting this go but the woowoo stuff really bothers me, and I'm not just being pastafarian or wevs. The idea of declaring yourself helpless and submitting to a higher authority to regulate your behavior so you be redeemed contradicts every piece of therapy I've ever learned/applied and it reeks of fire and brimstone. Being raised evangelical I can smell that poo poo from a mile away and AA has it.

Like how many times are you going to say "Yeah AA can help just ignore a lot of it" before recommending AA without the bullshit? Can we just move past it already?

My 74 year old father in law isn't going to find an online meeting anywhere, but there were AA meetings in the church at the end of his street

My 75 year old father wasn't going online to find meetings 30 years ago, but they probably saved his life after my mom kicked him out.

My mother went to Al-Anon meetings in the community centre down the street to help deal with raising 5 kids by herself and PTSD from her ex-husband.

None of them are particularly religious, but they got benefit from AA.

My mother-in-law refused to talk to anyone about her alcoholism and died in her mid-60s of cirrhosis. I was there and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

I don't like religion, and I think it would be great if there was widespread free group addiction counselling without any spirituality bullshit, but I also am willing to take it for what it is

palindrome
Feb 3, 2020

Well there's nothing I can say that won't sound unkind re: religion and addicts, therefore

A chicken sandwich sounds pretty good. full disclosure I had the burger king spicy chicken sandwich and they gave me a suspiciously large hand breaded chicken breast on a tiny bun with 2 pickles and some pointless yellow sauce. I know we grow them big these days but I'm morbidly curious what a cruelty-farmed fast food chicken looks like in 2021. Don't show me, I don't really want to know, but... you know

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

inferis posted:

the wizards canonically poo poo their pants and then use magic to clean the mess

Uhh Moaning Myrtle was in a *bathroom*?

Alobar
Jun 21, 2011

Are you proud of me?

Are you proud of what I do?

I'll try to be a better man than the one that you knew.
religion is arguably why we're here

i mean as in, why things are so loving terrible

christianity has caused unfathomable, and pointless, suffering

life could be so much better, but it's just not

speaking from my own experience, as i mostly quit drinking and even though i quit by myself, i firmly believe that not everyone can do it on their own and i'm just kinda hosed in the head because my therapist got stabbed to death** and i can't do the whole shrink thing after that went down.

putting people into a position where it's basically "accept jesus or die" is pretty hosed, but it's just the reality that some people have to live with until they can get the gently caress outta there. that's just america.

**:siren::nms::siren::nms::siren: really, this is hosed up. maybe don't read this. but it's true. i wish it wasn't. i was looking up news articles on an old classmate who's doing 20 years in prison, and coincidentally on the same page was detailed information about the murder (entirely separate thing from my old classmate doing time) that i hadn't known for 10 years. i thought the person who stabbed her was a patient. he wasn't. he was just her crazy as gently caress neighbor. after being stabbed, she fled to a friend's house and collapsed. according to court documents, he broke into the house and stabbed her more because voices in his head told she was not dead yet. it's pretty hosed up.:siren::nms::siren::nms::siren:

:350: chicken sandwich talk: any food that isn't prepared as fresh as possible will be like 25% of it's true potential as far as deliciousness and enjoyability goes. when i eat fast food i usually get an egg and cheese biscuit, but i recently quit eating fast food again because it's terrible, expensive, and really bad.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
Wizards in harry potter are just sorcerers, they never do any cool rituals to have effects anywhere beyond right in the moment and line of sight. The few times someone does some real wizardry everyone's loving befuddled by it

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I know Burger King and Popeyes are owned by the same company. I wonder how many other aces are competing with themselves

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Orange Devil posted:

Well, yeah, obviously children need bathrooms. They need somewhere to go until they learn the poop spell.

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

Alobar posted:

i'm just kinda hosed in the head because my therapist got stabbed to death** and i can't do the whole shrink thing after that went down.
my god :stare:

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Alobar posted:

the fried chicken sandwich, when executed *properly*, is a perfect invention

yet all of those restaurants do it wrong

im not a big fan of the breading on bread. the KFC double down, while sounding gross actually made a lot of sense

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

3D Megadoodoo posted:

So what happens when someone buys it - can they just knock it down and build something even uglier but more pleasing to the lovely multi-millionaire eye?

There's no need. The house is irrelevant and will be flipped asap for a few million profit. No one who can afford a $10 million house would live there, extremely mediocre neighbourhood.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Orange Devil posted:

https://www.vice.com/en/article/9k44zd/yes-harry-potter-wizards-pooped-their-pants-pottermore

https://twitter.com/wizardingworld/status/1081242428105998336

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Orange Devil posted:

It’s literally a room with baths in it.

Did the book ever say it had crappers?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Bismuth posted:

Wizards in harry potter are just sorcerers, they never do any cool rituals to have effects anywhere beyond right in the moment and line of sight. The few times someone does some real wizardry everyone's loving befuddled by it

didnt they also make a big deal if you were able to cast spells without actually shouting out what you were doing or am i mixing up books?
paired with the making GBS threads wherever means you would constantly be hearing shitto gone-o whenever you were around wizards

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
I believe you meant faeces evacua there

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Bismuth posted:

Even JK acknowledged a wizard vs. everyone else war would go very poorly for the wizards. You can't get a spell up fast enough to block a bullet you don't know is coming, or what a bullet even is.

I do wonder why the wizard cops aren't running around with carbine rifles with the wand mounted under the barrel. Best of both worlds.

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

There's no need. The house is irrelevant and will be flipped asap for a few million profit. No one who can afford a $10 million house would live there, extremely mediocre neighbourhood.

The proto-NFT if you will.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

skooma512 posted:

Even JK acknowledged a wizard vs. everyone else war would go very poorly for the wizards. You can't get a spell up fast enough to block a bullet you don't know is coming, or what a bullet even is.

I do wonder why the wizard cops aren't running around with carbine rifles with the wand mounted under the barrel. Best of both worlds.

It's England, best you can do is a posh shotgun for hunting pheasants on the estate.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Ensign Expendable posted:

It's England, best you can do is a posh shotgun for hunting pheasants on the estate.

Not if you can teleport and have invisibility cloaks.

Just pop into a military armory and take what you like. They probably don't need to even take very many since they can dupe them later. Or maybe some enterprising wizard kept stuff after one of the world wars. Even an ancient Vickers machine gun will make short work of assholes on brooms if you stick it on top of the castle to prepare for the attack that was certainly coming eventually.

Edit: Or do what the IRA did and send for help from sympathetic Americans. The American magic government will lend-lease them crates of guns by yeeting them into fireplaces.

skooma512 has issued a correction as of 17:39 on Jun 14, 2021

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

skooma512 posted:

Not if you can teleport and have invisibility cloaks.

Just pop into a military armory and take what you like. They probably don't need to even take very many since they can dupe them later. Or maybe some enterprising wizard kept stuff after one of the world wars. Even an ancient Vickers machine gun will make short work of assholes on brooms if you stick it on top of the castle to prepare for the attack that was certainly coming eventually.

Edit: Or do what the IRA did and send for help from sympathetic Americans. The American magic government will lend-lease them crates of guns by yeeting them into fireplaces.

It's really hard to hit a small flying target with a single machine gun at more than a couple hundred yards, so wizards vs WWI army might be an interesting matchup.

By WWII you have quad 12-20 mm guns that will chew up anything within wizarding distance.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
truman's decision to nuke hogwarts was morally correct and saved more lives than it cost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Ensign Expendable posted:

It's really hard to hit a small flying target with a single machine gun at more than a couple hundred yards, so wizards vs WWI army might be an interesting matchup.

By WWII you have quad 12-20 mm guns that will chew up anything within wizarding distance.

sounds like tanya the evil