Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Nemo2342 posted:

Honestly, it's not too bad. While being stuck as a Freelancer for a while isn't exciting, it's not that bad since they can use any equipment (which means breaking rods is on the table).

Where it gets bad is when you get stuck with something like Berserker until the Earth crystal. I'm currently looking at needing to grind up a pile more levels so I can 'zerk my way past Sandworm.

Remember to head back to Lenna's castle after the water crystal for some nice freelancer-only (at the time) gear,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Koobes posted:

:toxx:

This is Lenna, Princess of Tycoon. She loves animals, and is one of our 4 party members. She also likes to get poisoned for reasons unknown to even us.

for every boss beaten while Lenna is poisoned, I'll donate $0.10, up to a max of $100. How she gets poisoned is up to you.

I barely noticed she was poisoned at the end of the fight and got the screenshot in time lol

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I like big Bartz and I cannot lie.

Edit: Toxxes! This year I will probably just be doing the T-Rex toxx.

I will donate $5 for every kill of T-Rex in world two that DOES NOT use a Phoenix Down or similar item. Anything goes except something that would kill an undead outright. You can post a video, a screenshot, a tiktok, hell you don't have to do anything but post that you did it.

Limit will be $75.

you would have probably been more difficult if i didn't have ninja scrolls

subujun
Mar 31, 2010
https://twitch.tv/videos/1056568487

Thank you to Rosalie with the strat for Twintania. Got a working setup about halfway through it and then just let the RNG decide. NED is still probably going to require some more levels though.

pyromance
Sep 25, 2006

Lets gently caress Bro posted:

This is my first time doing the FJF. I've only just unlocked the water crystal, but I peeked ahead and it seems I will have Blue Mage, Red Mage, Geomancer, and Samurai.

[...]

One thing I have been (maybe needlessly) worrying over is who will focus on what jobs. Since I haven't played FF5 in over a decade, I don't really remember how things end up at the end. Is it likely that I'll master all 4 jobs with everyone by the end of the game without any extra grinding?

Not with red mage, nope. Samurai kind of takes a lot of AP to max also.

Serene Dragon
Mar 31, 2011

DalaranJ posted:

Last year, I asked you to commit The Perfect Crime. This year, I need you to Attack and Dethrone God(s).
In any run that does not at any time use the Summoner class, collect all the spells in the Summon menu.
Please show, a screenshot of your party's classes, and one of the filled summon menu.
https://twitter.com/SAMarioMaker/status/1402391976125796354

I love getting all the summons even without a summoner, so here you go!

Koobes posted:

This is Lenna, Princess of Tycoon. She loves animals, and is one of our 4 party members. She also likes to get poisoned for reasons unknown to even us.

for every boss beaten while Lenna is poisoned, I'll donate $0.10, up to a max of $100. How she gets poisoned is up to you.

And I also have managed to get a few more random poisoned Lennas somehow, so here's 3 more for this pile ontop of the 1 I already posted:

Magissa -
Bahamut -
The Triplets -

It's really hard to see in that last one because of the blue mage and the haste, but she was poisoned by an unknown right before that fight so I figured I'd go for it lol

StrangeAeon
Jul 11, 2011

Galick posted:

Hi there! I'm the one making the Waddler rebalance and this is my first foray into game modding in general. I hope the people who choose to use the rebalance have fun with it, and if you find a bug or anything, please let me know!

Related :toxx:

$5 for every person who plays a Fiesta using my rebalance, up to a maximum of $100. I'll take your word on the honor system, but let me know what you think of it in general if you do!

Started my second run with the Waddler rebalance! Monk/Geo/Ranger/Cannoneer

Wish me luck. I'm aiming for the Omega Bell toxx.

Serene Dragon
Mar 31, 2011

nrook posted:

Legendary Weapon Charity Sale!

In order to raise money for charity, let's all sell the legendary weapons! I'll be donating $0.10 for each of the 12 legendary weapons sold.

I'm sure Omniscient will be glad for the extra company.

Oh right, almost forgot, I sold off 8 of my weapons before venturing into the Void

wokow6
Oct 19, 2013
So just got to the Water Crystal, and I unlocked my second Job!

Summoner.

...I'm going to need to get a guide, aren't I?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

wokow6 posted:

Summoner.

well none of them are permanently missable so you have room to explore and find them, if you're into that

Serene Dragon
Mar 31, 2011

Arrrthritis posted:

Got a couple of Toxxes this year for the people who are interested!

I'll be donating $2 for every boss that's defeated with the power of !Gaia. Just for the hell of it, i'll make it $6 every time someone beats Omniscient with Gaia as well. Screenshot/Gif of the boss getting destroyed is all the proof I'll need.
Toxx cap: $100

For NED, I'll be donating $2 for every downed party member when Neo Ex-Death is defeated. (i.e. if Butz is the only party member standing when NED is defeated, I'll donate $6. Or if you have two members standing I'll donate $4, or $2 if you have three party members standing).
Toxx cap: $100

My rapid fires and berserker accidentally took down one part a little early, so I ended up taking a meteor right before my finishing blow. $4 for charity though!

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Nihilarian posted:

well none of them are permanently missable so you have room to explore and find them, if you're into that

No, I'm fairly certain 3 of them are missable.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

wokow6 posted:

Summoner.

Not as much as you might think. Chase down obvious sidequests, and you should find most of them. The most important missable one is Carbunkle, in the castle made out of meat.

You can probably find the other really important ones on your own, but just in case...

Act 1:
Shiva: Go buy a few Fire Rods in Karnak, then go back to Castle Walse, go behind the waterfall, and fight her. Break the Rods for an easy win, or fight her normally.
Ramuh: Once you can fly, go to the woods near the village at the far north-west edge of the map.

Act 2:
Golem: In Drakenvale, save ??? from the monsters. it's a random encounter in the outdoors area near all the bones. If you gently caress it up or he dies, just walk inside then back out again. Make sure to use the item he gives you.

Act 3:
Syldra: Return to the Pirate Cove.
Odin: Bottom of Jachol Cave.

There are others you might want to grab in Act 3 for shits and giggles, but they're not strictly necessary, and you'll find them just by hunting down endgame sidequests.

Hellioning posted:

Carbunkle, Catoblepas, and Shiva, right?

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Jun 15, 2021

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Yes, those 3.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I will donate $5 for every kill of T-Rex in world two that DOES NOT use a Phoenix Down or similar item. Anything goes except something that would kill an undead outright. You can post a video, a screenshot, a tiktok, hell you don't have to do anything but post that you did it.

Limit will be $75.

There were some casualties. Getting smacked in the face for 4050 damage as the T-Rex throws my money back at my party really hurts.

in hindsight I probably should have removed the deathscythes from my two berserkers.

MagusDraco fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Jun 15, 2021

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Almost forgot to post this here. Not much to say that hasn't already been said. Bard stronk. Beating Rugwizard with two Bards was a pain in the rear end, so I just put on Reflect Rings and went to bed while he ran himself out of MP.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe
You ever notice how some summons drop items that you have to use before you can summon them? I don't know why that is, but that doesn't mean I can't make a :toxx: out of it!
I pledge $3 for every summon item (Ramuh, Catoblepas, Golem) in your inventory at the end of the game, and an additional $5 per run if you have a Summoner in your party (max $150)

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Hellioning posted:

my bad. The only one of those i actually care about is carbuncle but still

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Ugh, even offline I can't escape the memes:

Also, this game is obscenely grindy to get 100% (with missables!) but what do you expect from a Matrix game? It was pretty fun for a proto-Bravely Default although I really didn't need to do any wacky class stuff at all:

30.5 Days posted:

I don't know anything about final fantasy v, so I need to know what makes the BEST TEAM. For everyone telling me why their team is the BEST, I will donate $10, up to $250. To be clear, I know absolutely nothing about final fantasy V, and we are operating on the honor system, so definitely don't make anything up to get kids the surgery they need!
Any non-awful team with a Monk and Dancer turns into the BEST team! Want to rip apart the ultimate machine with your bare hands you Luddite you? Sure you'll have to grind to obscene levels but enjoy that boosted, defense-ignoring crit! Omega will obliterate better prepared teams that don't have pure strength and finesse!

Any team with a Beastmaster is the BEST team! Free triple crown (on the GBA version unless you get Berserkers I guess), lots of neat monsters with exclusive abilities to release, and whips with secondary abilities which are really fun for a weapon! Lock them down with paralyzing whips or the calm... calm?... of a !Calm. Or equip whips which are great against some of the toughest bosses and enemies!

Any team with a Blue Mage is the BEST team! Besides breaking the game with maths (including auto-killing monsters that shouldn't be auto-killable!) and neat monster abilities including two types of special heals, people tend to forget that besides Rods they get Shields and Swords as well (you won't be doing much damage but there are some very special Swords)! Also, it's technically a triple-crown class on GBA*!
*Nobody does this w/o options because it's a stupid, stupid, stupid thing to do.

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Why does Khajiit have to go to prison this time?

StrangeAeon posted:

Just as a word of warning, Kyrosiris said that he wouldn't allow my mod for the Omega Bell toxx. Geomancer is too much of a murder machine and that takes the teeth out of the challenge.

wokow6
Oct 19, 2013
Alright, I just unlocked my Fire Job, and it's Beastmaster!

Any advice on how to best make use of it?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

wokow6 posted:

Kyro made a spreadsheet!

Also, you should join the Discord, there's a ton of us, there are entire channels filled with tips and guide, there's a bot full of useful info, and we're always around to help.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.
Jesus christ. Blue Mage, Red Mage, Bard, and now Chemist on my first ever run. Just hand me the triple crown, why don't you, GILGABOT? :shepface:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Limit will be $75.

I did it!

I foolishly went into the fight with CHAOS at very low health so that's the only reason he's dead, T-Rex was pretty easy just spamming fira blade and a flame rod enhanced flamethrower with my blue mage

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

wokow6 posted:

ok now you definitely need a guide

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Watch wok's Earth job be Chemist. Gilgabot loves that kind of ironic dickery.

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

First run of the year done, completed without spending a single gil, even on inns. Summoners don't need money when they can tear through everything before the fact that you're still wearing leather armor and a mythril helmet in World 3 comes into play.

Edit:

Aerdan posted:

https://twitter.com/aerdan/status/1402644546073288705

Adding a :toxx: for Exdeath's NED replacer feature. The floor's still open for submissions for that, by the way.

Raiad fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Jun 15, 2021

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

So last night, there were a few things that made the run less fun to watch:

• Lots of battles, especially when grinding up Daggers
  • Not having any clue where stuff for Thief was, lots of time spent trying to figure out what enemies had good drops
  • I can foresee AP grinding being tedious as gently caress
  • I just don’t have much to say lmao

A couple of these can be resolved with one of the patch tools out there, so I’ll prolly pick that up cause I’ll die if I have to fight that many battles :negative:

StrangeAeon
Jul 11, 2011

StrangeAeon posted:

I take it back, restarting without balance. I want the Omega bell toxx, since I job fair'd my Ranger over to Bard for that purpose.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Koobes posted:

Here's another cheeky poisoned Lenna boss kill

Shoehead fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Jun 16, 2021

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Mustached Demon posted:

In light of the FF: Origins trailer, I'll donate $1, up to $25, for every Buttz named CHAOS. Quote this post with a screenshot of CHAOS.

Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntQ-utIdWWE

A bit of a late start because of Four Heroes of Light, but my first class is Beastmaster!

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I just realized that because I can in theory keep a local copy of my party's current set of jobs, I can make a request to Enkibot to get up-to-date hints on my layout. :getin:

OOrochi
Jan 19, 2017

On my honor as the Dawnspear.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Limit will be $75.

I missed the screenshot timing, but I got him with a Berserker and a bunch of Hi-potions.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I just got beastmaster and I've never used one before. Can I only catch one monster at a time?

Also I have a Blue Mage so I think I can get spells early with control?

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Shoehead posted:

I just got beastmaster and I've never used one before. Can I only catch one monster at a time?

Also I have a Blue Mage so I think I can get spells early with control?

one per person using !Catch, so you could store up to 4.

also congrats on the ultimate synergy!

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

Cats is the oldest and strongest emotion
of mankind

Koobes posted:

I wasn't planning on doing this, but then she ate a Venomous Clasp near the end of the fight.

e: changed to an image that's less ant-sized

e2: and another easy one, since she just starts the fight poisoned anyway

Odysseus S. Grant fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Jun 15, 2021

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Why does Khajiit have to go to prison this time?

Galick posted:

Hi there! I'm the one making the Waddler rebalance and this is my first foray into game modding in general. I hope the people who choose to use the rebalance have fun with it, and if you find a bug or anything, please let me know!

Related :toxx:

$5 for every person who plays a Fiesta using my rebalance, up to a maximum of $100. I'll take your word on the honor system, but let me know what you think of it in general if you do!

Due to a sudden financial emergency, I am no longer able to pay this toxx. I understand that this is going to result in a ban, that's fine. If you play the hack and enjoy it, please just note that further development is on hold temporarily. I wish you all the best!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I was hoping to be well into my 2nd run by now, but apparently GBot and Twitter aren't playing nice, because my Victory pic isn't registering either via website or Twitter, so I can't register for a new run.

I sent RK a tweet about it, but I think he's sleeping right now. Oh well! It's early in the Fiesta, so there's plenty of time left.

Pollyanna posted:

Thank you for hanging out on the stream guys!!!!!!!!! +1 to CHAOS!!! and Lenna being poisoned at Siren. :bubblewoop:

I wasn't there for too long, but it was fun, and giving you tips added to the fun!

I know it's no, "There's a staff in the Wind Shrine", but, "There's a flail in the Ship Graveyard" was a nice runner up! :dance:

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Galick posted:

Due to a sudden financial emergency, I am no longer able to pay this toxx. I understand that this is going to result in a ban, that's fine. If you play the hack and enjoy it, please just note that further development is on hold temporarily. I wish you all the best!

Sorry for the picture size

https://imgur.com/a/Qdq6rqu

Edit: Fixed the picture size

Hackan Slash fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Jun 15, 2021

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Galick posted:

here's some cash to help you out of the toxx hole

e: drat, beaten to it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

Kheldarn posted:

I was hoping to be well into my 2nd run by now, but apparently GBot and Twitter aren't playing nice, because my Victory pic isn't registering either via website or Twitter, so I can't register for a new run.

Victory tweets are processed manually, RK can't do them if he's asleep any more than he can respond to your asking why your run hasn't been verified yet.