Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

blatman posted:

if china has year 3000 levels of tech then why do all the gadgets on aliexpress suck so bad

They put all their points into one branch of the tech tree and so they have gravity drive but just invented the wheel. They're going for the space race victory condition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

blatman posted:

im very interested in the milf

motherships id like to find

It's time to knucke down and do some serious milf research

Hirsute
May 4, 2007
I've been thinking a lot about the phoenix lights the past few days, just the implications of an aircraft-carrier sized craft flying over a major city. But how the hell did no one get a picture of it, like even the governor of Arizona said he saw it so I kind of believe it happened

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Hirsute posted:

I've been thinking a lot about the phoenix lights the past few days, just the implications of an aircraft-carrier sized craft flying over a major city. But how the hell did no one get a picture of it, like even the governor of Arizona said he saw it so I kind of believe it happened

There's lots of pictures but most suck.

Hirsute
May 4, 2007
Yeah I meant any where you can actually see the craft, not just the lights

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Hirsute posted:

What if the craft is made of light HUH

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

What if the craft is made of light HUH

then it actually was aviation flares

Conspiracy theory that I don't believe but is fun: What if the military line about the entire thing being flares is both true AND a distraction? The military sent planes to intercept the UFO and one had to drop a line of flares for some reason. They didn't want to admit to a failed interception so they used that to confuse the issue and pretend everything was just the flares.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

Inspector Hound posted:

Ah, the psyop is releasing just enough information to cause everyone to turn on each other

same as it ever was

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Fun Shoe

Hirsute posted:

it happened in the late 90s. very few people had good cameras

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

blatman posted:

if china has year 3000 levels of tech then why do all the gadgets on aliexpress suck so bad

Certainly aren't shipping my loving hoodies via anti gravity tic tac

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Hirsute posted:

I don't know but it seems very similar to the hudson valley ufos from the 80s

quote:

It all started a few minutes before midnight on New Year’s Eve 1982, when a retired New York City police officer stepped outside his home to clean up some broken glass. Just as he was about to bend down, a bright array of lights caught his attention from above a nearby treeline. Gradually, a large, V-shaped aircraft, about the size of a football field, came into view. Slowly and silently, it crept over his house, a mere few hundred feet above the ground. Speckled along its edges were red, blue and green lights, and a bright white light beamed down from its center. He and his son followed the light as it illuminated their yard, until, eventually, the aircraft drifted from view.

Except the scale i guess. The phoenix lights were supposed to be a v-shaped ship with 1-mile long wings and hudson was maybe 300-ft, which is an aircraft scale that humans could make, but it was described as moving a 3-5 mph, which is pretty slow

dew worm
Apr 20, 2019

Apparently Kurt Russel saw the Phoenix lights from the plane he was flying, reported it to the tower and just like forgot about it.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

So goddamned bored.
Where's the news

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

So goddamned bored.
Where's the news

Hoarded by government officials, like every other good thing

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

So goddamned bored.
Where's the news

they never drop big news the day after flag day

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

It’s Yakub creating the white race to plague and destroy mankind while Picolo watches.

I assume the black sun is just to show that white people are nazis. Ufos and saucer men are foundational elements of the nation of islam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwEK7h9_D3Q

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_hPEX8HB_o&t=96s

Mundrial Mantis
Aug 15, 2017

I tried to hop on the anomaly sourcebook bandwagon but got the same email that the Luminous Phenomena book is out of stock until next month. Here's a short WaPo article on William Corliss. He seemed a neat guy and physicist that wanted to make sure weird and anomalous stuff wasn't lost.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/life...de70_story.html

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

https://www.reddit.com/r/UFOs/comments/o0irjr/commercial_satellite_imagery_may_show_tic_tac_uap/

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

unusually good reddit post with some og content

also, extra lol

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

BeefThief posted:

Hoarded by government officials, like every other good thing

well, that and the Vatican library

Wanna see those hidden books

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Delta-Wye posted:

unusually good reddit post with some og content

also, extra lol

the sat imagery didn't show anything correct date-wise when i looked at stuff that i knew when it changed, that sat site sucks. op has also deleted their account, i suspect they suck too

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

staticman
Sep 12, 2008

Be gay
Death to America
Suck my dick Israel
Mess with Texas
and remember to lmao
*Watches the apes braying "Not stolen, conquered" louder and louder as the UFO report hangs over our heads*

:stonk: Shut up shut up SHUT THE gently caress UP AND READ THE ROOM YOU IDIOTS, YOU loving MORONS

I legit wonder what this year's "Just a flu" will be.

Also:

staticman has issued a correction as of 20:33 on Jun 15, 2021

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

only something otherworldly could stop a futbol match in florence
https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-29342407

quote:

It was 27 October 1954, a typically crisp autumn day in Tuscany. The mighty Fiorentina club was playing against its local rival Pistoiese.

Ten-thousand fans were watching in the concrete bowl of the Stadio Artemi Franchi. But just after half-time the stadium fell eerily silent - then a roar went up from the crowd. The spectators were no longer watching the match, but were looking up at the sky, fingers pointing. The players stopped playing, the ball rolled to a stand-still.

One of the footballers on the pitch was Ardico Magnini - he was something of a legend at the club and had played for Italy at the 1954 World Cup.

"I remember everything from A to Z," he says. "It was something that looked like an egg that was moving slowly, slowly, slowly. Everyone was looking up and also there was some glitter coming down from the sky, silver glitter.

"We were astonished we had never seen anything like it before. We were absolutely shocked."

Play was suspended because spectators saw something in the sky, according to the referee's match report.

Among the crowd was Gigi Boni, a lifelong Fiorentina fan. "I remember clearly seeing this incredible sight," he says. His description of multiple objects differs slightly from Magnini's.

"They were moving very fast and then they just stopped. It all lasted a couple of minutes. I would like to describe them as being like Cuban cigars. They just reminded me of Cuban cigars, in the way they looked."

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Tekne posted:

before there was cuban death rays, there were cuban cigars. what is happening on that island!?

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Tekne posted:

plastic bag caught in an updraft

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 242 days!

Delta-Wye posted:

before there was cuban death rays, there were cuban cigars. what is happening on that island!?

the Red Science is unnatural indeed

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

cuba is posadist

we are ghosts from the third world war, the cubans are the only ones who survived. they fly around in their cigar ships that the aliens gave them, and conduct experiments on all these weird fuckin lights and apparitions they keep seeing

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Delta-Wye posted:

is it bad that i think about how annoyed Horrorosaurus will be when i post something dumb for laughs? i mean, it doesn't stop me but i feel weird about it lol

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6i-se5IU8hRbPov5-ON1tw old but more eye witness reports of the Nimitz Encounters

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

imagine thinking uaps aren't real not because of the US military's long history of lying and psyops, but because you think that dozens of trained professional pilots and equipment operators using the most advanced radar and sensor suites on the planet have been repeatedly bamboozled by a balloon and some large birds

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Wheeee posted:

imagine thinking uaps aren't real not because of the US military's long history of lying and psyops, but because you think that dozens of trained professional pilots and equipment operators using the most advanced radar and sensor suites on the planet have been repeatedly bamboozled by a balloon and some large birds

$715 billion doesn't buy you much these days

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Wheeee posted:

Not just not-real but not even worthy of investigation or interest.

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
the elite, highly-trained american pilot has never misidentified a target. this goes double for drone pilots, relying on the best sensors and instrumentation that the largest military budget in the world can buy.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Soft disclosures are so boring

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYBD5z_LDSQ

Erik lentz (warp drive dude) was on a podcast explaining how his theory works

PawParole has issued a correction as of 02:24 on Jun 16, 2021

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Tekne posted:

lol at the debunker who says there's no scientific basis for UFOs and then says that the thing that everyone saw was actually migrating spiders

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Mola Yam posted:

the elite, highly-trained american pilot has never misidentified a target. this goes double for drone pilots, relying on the best sensors and instrumentation that the largest military budget in the world can buy.

contrary to popular cspam belief working for the government does not in fact necessitate that one is incompetent