Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

learnincurve posted:

I have had so many many battles with sweaty gammons over fans. They sit there coughing and hacking with lovely little hand fans wherever THEY WANT to use them, and although I would like to have said “gently caress off mate are you loving stupid” multiple times I’ve had to give them a quiet chat about the spread of covid instead.

Trust me, fans will be blanket banned in hospitals to stop utter cretins getting their wives to move the nurse’s station fan to their bedside or bringing out the hand fans - Which is a thing that happens in normal times as well.

Thank god you're here to sort it all out for us

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
If we pointed the fans at the covid people it would stop it from spreading from them. Pin it down.

I'm just sitting here not knowing what to do. Does anyone have any RSJs?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

NotJustANumber99 posted:

If we pointed the fans at the covid people it would stop it from spreading from them. Pin it down.

I'm just sitting here not knowing what to do. Does anyone have any RSJs?

I've got loads but they're all currently installed in the building I work in. I wont stop you if you want to come take them tho

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

fridge corn posted:

Thank god you're here to sort it all out for us

I’m a carer doing volunteer work with vulnerable over 80s atm, I spend a lot of time in hospitals and vaccination centres :shrug:

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

genuinely thanks for reminding me to go to town for a cheap fan

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee

Ratjaculation posted:

genuinely thanks for reminding me to go to town for a cheap fan

remember to leave your window open to ward off fan death

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

If you die of Fan Death the Sun will write a front page splash about how it's all your own fault.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

baby you rethe one you still turn me on you can make me whole again

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I did not get promoted.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Looke posted:

baby you rethe one you still turn me on you can make me whole again

the lovely spacing at the start made me read rethe like the middle part of urethra

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

goatface posted:

I did not get promoted.

Didn't get demoted either though eh? Must be doing something right.

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

this very high pollen count can gently caress off. the last two days have been a nightmare

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

goatface posted:

I did not get promoted.

Disappointing but with so many people on sick leave in the civil service they may not be able to promote anyone from a sick person above you in the chain downwards.

It’s to protect women on maternity leave because in the bad old days the civil service used to promote a man two places upwards and skip her if she was on leave. Now they have to wait for her to come back off leave before they sort the promotions out.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
for the first time I've also bought a nasal spray to supplement the usual tablet. Could barely even do my job the other day I was so distracted by my nose and throat itching

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

learnincurve posted:

Disappointing but with so many people on sick leave in the civil service they may not be able to promote anyone from a sick person above you in the chain downwards.

It’s to protect women on maternity leave because in the bad old days the civil service used to promote a man two places upwards and skip her if she was on leave. Now they have to wait for her to come back off leave before they sort the promotions out.

Nah, it's not a contested promotion, it's the same job for more money because hypothetically nobody needs to check your work any more. There are an infinite amount of positions available at the level without anyone needing to move anywhere. They just didn't like the way I answered the fluff questions.

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

lol at all the weaklings getting owned by plants loving

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

I just smashed the poo poo out of some nettles and brambles so it's not all one way traffic.

Oh here comes the woke brigade to complain I've destroyed some fundamental to the planet bug habitat. Why yes I have been watching the Clarkson farming thing.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

NotJustANumber99 posted:

I just smashed the poo poo out of some nettles and brambles so it's not all one way traffic.

Oh here comes the woke brigade to complain I've destroyed some fundamental to the planet bug habitat. Why yes I have been watching the Clarkson farming thing.

same tbh, then i cracked open a stella and stuck gbnews on the box

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

i havent had hayfever in years

now dust allergies

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

goatface posted:

Nah, it's not a contested promotion, it's the same job for more money because hypothetically nobody needs to check your work any more. There are an infinite amount of positions available at the level without anyone needing to move anywhere. They just didn't like the way I answered the fluff questions.

Well they suck then boo to them boooo

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I got the bird table and they're starting to eat from it!!! Some fat loving wood pigeons keep landing on top of it and rocking it about.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Bobby Deluxe posted:

i havent had hayfever in years

now dust allergies

I'm on fexofanadine for that, great stuff

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Looke posted:

same tbh, then i cracked open a stella and stuck gbnews on the box

i am literally drinking a stella right now.

a dainty little bottle.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

wood pigeons are pleasant

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
hoooot hooooo hooooo

hoooot hoooooooo hooooo

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

Patio coming along nicely. Who do I need to see about a gang tag?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

ooh i like your little robot wheel barrow

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Tool envy.

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

Ewww just opened a bottle of red wine to treat myself after a day of furniture moving and digging out roots from the garden and it's been so hot it's mulled wine temperature.

Robot tipper is fun, but it also runs off a dodgy lawnmower motor that belches out petrol fumes and now the whole house/neighbourhood stinks. From the sounds of the motor it's on its last legs, the tracks are just about worn through, but it's a rental so who cares.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

please say you didn't continue to drink it op

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

Looke posted:

please say you didn't continue to drink it op

It's in the fridge and now I have a can of chilled Moretti so I'm mostly good.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

hoot hooo hooo hooo hooo

hoo

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

cynic posted:

the tracks are just about worn through, but it's a rental so who cares.

rented a little i dunno 1.5 tonne digger a while ago that had not great tracks on it. shrugged and got on with it. Track snapped, now this machines not only useless but also stuck in the way. Then the company made me pay for the replacement track. bullshit

so be careful.

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

cynic posted:

Patio coming along nicely. Who do I need to see about a gang tag?

Look 99, a real digger

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

NotJustANumber99 posted:

rented a little i dunno 1.5 tonne digger a while ago that had not great tracks on it. shrugged and got on with it. Track snapped, now this machines not only useless but also stuck in the way. Then the company made me pay for the replacement track. bullshit

so be careful.

I took photos of the track when I started, got the truck driver to sign 'delivered with damaged track' on paper. This is not the first time I've needed a patio for... reasons.

(I started renovating shitholes when I was 18, now 44, I have put in SO MANY PATIOS).

Here some highlights (I have posted fully about some of these over the years), pretty sure I'm forgetting some;

• Got firebombed by the nephew of the drug dealers whose house we just bought
  • Someone cut an emergency blowoff valve in a flat wall and our bedroom wall got exploded in the middle of the night by scalding steam.
  • An epic storm in Scotland took off a brand new greenhouse (which was very thoroughly bolted into concrete - the base frame remained and every single screw and bolt above that was just sheared off) and rammed the entire thing through a neighbours brand new audi (not to blame, act of god or whatever)
  • Had a neighbour undermine my garage to landscape his garden and it collapsed on his brand new Harley (which had flames painted on the gas tank and he never rode it, definitely deserved it). Garage was rebuilt and a year later totalled my newish car when the roof collapsed again, but in a different direction.
  • Rented a property out and the tenants husband died on the first day, she went loopy, painted the whole (newly decorated) house brown and adopted 12 stray dogs who proceeded to poo poo up the walls and eat the decking. Cost £10k in repairs AFTER the deposit was retained.
  • Started renovating a property on a stair between a Nazi squat and a nice Jewish family. Sold it unfinished to the son of a minor 80s celebrity for a honestly very respectable profit.
  • Found someone had wired parts of the 240v circuits with speaker wire in the past and if you attached a vacuum to it your skirting boards went on fire.
  • Found a sack of very, very, very old weed hidden behind a sink
  • Had a ceiling collapse on me in a very old property that had been insulated with fireplace ash and seashells. Very confusing and quite painful.
  • Found a WWII condom, used, next to some WWII pantyhose in the eaves of a Georgian place. Vintage cum, nice find.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Salisbury Snape posted:

Look 99, a real digger

Ok. Now try picking up a pallet of bricks and moving them 100 yards. Or digging up sand from the pile in to a bulk bag and moving it up to the cement mixer. Or unloading a lorry at the roadside. Or pulling a lorry out of the mud. Or craning 5 and a half meter long beams into place. Or just looking like a real cool dude driving round in circles. I bought what I bought in a cool and careful, collected way. I very much know what I am absolutely doing. I am not threatened by this man's little robot wheel barrow.

Dogatron
Jun 24, 2020

cynic posted:

I took photos of the track when I started, got the truck driver to sign 'delivered with damaged track' on paper. This is not the first time I've needed a patio for... reasons.

(I started renovating shitholes when I was 18, now 44, I have put in SO MANY PATIOS).

Do you keep a list of where the bodies are?

I'd keep a few back to bargain with the parole board when you are doing life.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

wood pigeons are pleasant

They're alright. Someone's told me they mate for life so that's nice I guess.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Pork kebabs on the BBQ a disaster. I have now properly condemned the BBQ. Will take it to site tomorrow and Friday it with the digger and bury it under the future patio

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

hemale in pain posted:

They're alright. Someone's told me they mate for life so that's nice I guess.

Unlike some species!