Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Sjs00 posted:

Nice so Delta is gonna slap the gently caress out of US and soon

I think something got posted a week or so ago where it was already slapping around chud tourist areas like Branson

e: yep
https://news.stlpublicradio.org/hea...variant-spreads

Lord of Pie has issued a correction as of 20:07 on Jun 19, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

My dad died of colon cancer, I kept telling him to mask up before he went grocery shopping but alas

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Imagine if all you had to do to cure cancer is wear underwear and we just didn't

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Crazypoops posted:

Imagine if all you had to do to cure cancer is wear underwear and we just didn't

you can’t make me wear ball diapers

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

liberals will gladly lock down again as long as the science says they must

"Science" will never say that.

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?
Craving the kiss of death?

https://apnews.com/article/coronavirus-pandemic-nursing-homes-restrictions-elderly-2c6b98804219c731a5e8a9b843594381 posted:

‘Protected them to death’: Elder-care COVID rules under fire

Barbara and Christine Colucci long to remove their masks and kiss their 102-year-old mother, who has dementia and is in a nursing home in Rochester, New York. They would love to have more than two people in her room at a time so that relatives can be there too.

“We don’t know how much longer she’s going to be alive,” Christine Colucci said, “so it’s like, please, give us this last chance with her in her final months on this earth to have that interaction.”

Pandemic restrictions are falling away almost everywhere — except inside many of America’s nursing homes. Rules designed to protect the nation’s most vulnerable from COVID-19 are still being enforced even though 75% of nursing home residents are now vaccinated and infections and deaths have plummeted.

Frustration has set in as families around the country visit their moms and, this Father’s Day weekend, their dads. Hugs and kisses are still discouraged or banned in some nursing homes. Residents are dining in relative isolation and playing bingo and doing crafts at a distance. Visits are limited and must be kept short, and are cut off entirely if someone tests positive for the coronavirus.

Family members and advocates question the need for such restrictions at this stage of the pandemic, when the risk is comparatively low. They say the measures are now just prolonging older people’s isolation and accelerating their mental and physical decline.

“They have protected them to death,” said Denise Gracely, whose 80-year-old mother, Marian Rauenzahn, lives in a nursing home in Topton, Pennsylvania.
(..)
:discourse:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Pingui posted:

Craving the kiss of death?

:discourse:

lol remember how it spread through nursing homes driving a death increase in states like NY / FL that ended up getting the cover-up treatment?

cgeq
Jun 5, 2004

Wait, so is COVID just the flu or is it a cancer that kills you in two weeks?

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

What's the threads thought on going to an outdoor car show while vaccinated. That's not that high of a risk I would think?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Death Panel Czar posted:

the best thing about Open Biden has been the wave of just absolutely baleful and forlorn boomers who somehow find increasingly vile facial contours to explore when you refuse to interact w them

one of the Tallymen of Nurgle got so upset today he asked a cashier to make me pay attention to him

Lead poisoning does not begin to explain it.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
lol and mask mandates end in MI on Tuesday

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

cgeq posted:

Wait, so is COVID just the flu or is it a cancer that kills you in two weeks?

lmao

That's ALL forms of cancer, right?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Crazypoops posted:

There's lots of things we could do to prevent cancer that we do not do

shackleford
Sep 4, 2006

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1406068384136052739

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

net work error posted:

What's the threads thought on going to an outdoor car show while vaccinated. That's not that high of a risk I would think?

That's not going to move the needle on any risk profile go wild.

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?
https://twitter.com/EricTopol/status/1405527380618211343

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

"owning the libs" makes you a danger to yourself and others

case in point:

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1406339859606867975?s=20

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Rhesus Pieces posted:

case in point:

open carry when you bike

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 51 minutes!

seems really bad? ?? ????

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

This might not mean red voters don't get shots. It could mean, red counties have lovely vaccine rollouts to vulnerable populations.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Crazypoops posted:

What kind of fucks me up is that there are a significant amount of people masked up and how much faith in the leadership and CDC is loving gone now.

Liked there's a media blitz to open Biden and it feels like it only worked on half the population.

I guess that's all part of being in a failed state though.

What's loving me up is that I'm starting to run into places where there's literally zero mask usage among employees even with all or the vast majority of customers wearing masks.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Paradoxish posted:

What's loving me up is that I'm starting to run into places where there's literally zero mask usage among employees even with all or the vast majority of customers wearing masks.

are you in Georgia too

it's been like that here almost entirely since the cdc opened their mouths and went "well okay have fun kids"

Smythe posted:

seems really bad? ?? ????

:applebeesintensifies:

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

My mother just texted me saying she thinks she has shingles. She had the Pfizer vaccine on Monday. I remember reading about people getting shingles after the vaccine so I looked it up, but I found WebMD doesn't think the vaccines cause shingles flareups.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

PerniciousKnid posted:

This might not mean red voters don't get shots. It could mean, red counties have lovely vaccine rollouts to vulnerable populations.

lol you know it doesn’t. red counties were the best place to get vaccines early on

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Crazypoops posted:

Lack of Covid-appropriate behavior

Thread title material

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Rhesus Pieces posted:

case in point:

If they'd been on a protest ride it would have been perfectly legal

osprey
Apr 18, 2021

what the gently caress sweden

https://twitter.com/philipoconnor/status/1406297847167959047

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

First time I've seen covid in swedish and I can't stop thinking about that wearable 6 foot social distance ring, but sold at Ikea

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Lacrosse posted:

My mother just texted me saying she thinks she has shingles. She had the Pfizer vaccine on Monday. I remember reading about people getting shingles after the vaccine so I looked it up, but I found WebMD doesn't think the vaccines cause shingles flareups.

Yeah. It's totally normal for a 19 year old to develop shingles a week after they got vaxxed.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Trump was such a loving disaster to the country that it’s going to take years to fully measure the impact

osprey
Apr 18, 2021

Lacrosse posted:

i've seen people reporting this but here's something less anecdotal

20 Post-COVID-19 vaccine-related shingles cases seen at the Las Vegas Dermatology clinic and sent to us via social media

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Lacrosse posted:

I have psoriasis and have had a killer flare up since my shots. The Dermatologist also told me she’s had many cases like mine.

still better than dying

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Lol the Sleepy Joe 4th of July has the theme of "Independence from the Virus"

I'm glad that this pandemic response ended up being such a success story with a average of just 1 million new vaccinations a day.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

net work error posted:

i'd be wearing my half-mask respirator and i'd feel slightly okay
then some chud coughs in my face and i'm not wearing eye protection :rip:

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

:lmao:

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
joe biden getting owned by the indian variant

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

lol i big brained shingles by getting it from stress months before i got my jabs :getin:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

my wife had a shingles outbreak on her back right after her shot too

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
you fellas roofing in here or what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
https://abcnews.go.com/Health/cdc-director-warns-delta-variant-dominant-coronavirus-strain/story?id=78354918&cid=social_twitter_abcn

quote:

The CDC is concerned about the delta variant mutating to a point where it evades the existing COVID-19 vaccines, according to Walensky.

"That's really what we're actively trying to prevent, which is why we're really encouraging people to get vaccinated," she said. "I will say, as worrisome as this delta strain is with regard to its hyper-transmissibility, our vaccines work. Right now, they are working and they require actually two doses or to be fully vaccinated to work. So I would encourage all Americans to get your first shot and when you're for your second, get your second shot and you'll be protected against this delta variant."

ive been crack pinging about this since late last year. both good/bad to see the cdc catching up :coronatoot: