Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

FormaldehydeSon posted:

I'd be first in line to sign up as a communist male prostitute tbh

the post that birthed a thousand anarchists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

agree w brace

https://twitter.com/TrueAnonPod/status/1406751748836888579

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

tactlessbastard posted:

Sex work is a service other people need is a hell of a human rights stance

being the eternal contrarian, i am gonna say: i understand where they're coming from and don't necessarily disagree but you would need to build a society where people organically chose sex work as their career because it was a good thing they wanted to do, that society and their peers did not shame them for, and that got adequate attention and protection from the government and healthcare industry

most people seem to have a pretty strong need for sex, or at least emotional intimacy on a similar level, sex work relieves that pressure for people who are incapable of finding a mate for whatever reason

the solution to the problems sex workers face is to tackle the problems sex workers face, instead of framing it explicitly as exploitation and trying to eliminate the professions sex work encompasses

vaush's main problem here is that he's a piece of poo poo

Buttchug Mouthwash
Jun 20, 2021

minty fresh asshole

Mirthless posted:

I know this is not the miniatures painting thread, but we do have one over in TG, come check it out sometime y'all

do democrats paint cool miniatures?? well i thought not. so pretty on topic imo

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

Buttchug Mouthwash posted:

do democrats paint cool miniatures?? well i thought not. so pretty on topic imo

Please delete this post before libs find it and start painting RGB and Obama miniatures

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

FormaldehydeSon posted:

Please delete this post before libs find it and start painting RGB and Obama miniatures

too late

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

lobster shirt posted:

doomerism is bad but cynically pretending we're just a few tweaks and new members of the squad away from making the usa a nordic social democracy... thats just realism baby

This is the thing that gets me. Even in the most optimistic possible interpretation of their strategy, you wouldn't get enough left-wingers in Congress to actually pass anything substantial for multiple decades.

Their mindset relies on just sort of abstracting things out to "we've elected some left-ish people to Congress, so we just need to keep doing that!" and not thinking about the actual numbers involved.

DoomTrainPhD posted:

Roth is the best mod on these terrible forums and we need more mods like her that are willing to ban racist D&D posters that the racist D&D mods refuse to ban.

Who are you referring to here

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Lolling irl

https://mobile.twitter.com/MoriaMarmalade/status/1406752223514791937

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Ytlaya posted:

This is the thing that gets me. Even in the most optimistic possible interpretation of their strategy, you wouldn't get enough left-wingers in Congress to actually pass anything substantial for multiple decades.

Their mindset relies on just sort of abstracting things out to "we've elected some left-ish people to Congress, so we just need to keep doing that!" and not thinking about the actual numbers involved.

Who are you referring to here

I think the specific point I lost hope on progress was when Pelosi got made speaker of the house again. I couldn't believe it, I couldn't fathom the reason they would give her that role again after how bad she was at actually accomplishing Democrat agendas and keeping people in office, but they just give it back to her and let her keep it despite one under-performing election after another

Any time somebody has an original idea in the party they get shut out so we can... circle the wagons, sacrifice a few more things to preserve our most basic foundational necessities and do basic government, and remind america that leftists are bad (so vote for us, the party left of center)

I liked Howard Dean once; I know he's a pizza poo poo as an adult, so let's not get into that, but he pushed for a different approach to national politics and got run out of leadership for it. At least it was something, anything, a loving plan instead of this defensive/reactive bullshit

I can't vote for the fuckin democrats anymore and I sure as gently caress won't vote for the republicans, I'm loving lost and I hate it

We're gonna be dealing with Pelosi for like another twenty loving years, she'll be the first uploaded conciousness re-elected to congress

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1406770102851227652?s=19

Bold move to call the pope of the Catholic church a "liberal"

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

FormaldehydeSon posted:

Nuke twitter headquarters (wherever that may be, not sure)

They just went 100% remote so we'd have to nuke most of the US, just to be sure.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

This is 100% going to happen

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
liberally loving kids, maybe.

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

loquacius posted:

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1406770102851227652?s=19

it takes work to crank the Overton window to the right

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

the message of this appears to be that the florida public disorder law is actually good which i rather suspect was not the intent of the person who made this

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Bootleg Trunks posted:

Hear hear.

It is baffling that posters are so doomerist when we've escaped a second consecutive Trump term, we have the DOJ inspecting GOP election law bullshit, we have an economy roaring back into operation, et al. So many good things in spite of everything and you're all willing to throw that all away and klaxon :matters: until your voice is hoarse.

quote:

https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/1406715228184789001

That is factual, yet the thread is pissed and verging on conspiratorial.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Some Guy TT posted:

the message of this appears to be that the florida public disorder law is actually good which i rather suspect was not the intent of the person who made this

drat he wont be able to vote for trump in florida? welp there goes red florida.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

What has never lived cannot die

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

lol remember when Kevin Spacey was caught being a pedo and his statement was "I have chosen to live my life as a gay man"

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Bootleg Trunks posted:

Hear hear.

It is baffling that posters are so doomerist when we've escaped a second consecutive Trump term, we have the DOJ inspecting GOP election law bullshit, we have an economy roaring back into operation, et al. So many good things in spite of everything and you're all willing to throw that all away and klaxon :matters: until your voice is hoarse.

Is this trolling? Trump term 2 was the harm reduction option.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

lobster shirt posted:

doomerism is bad but cynically pretending we're just a few tweaks and new members of the squad away from making the usa a nordic social democracy... thats just realism baby

I don't really know how to reconcile this. I'll continue to vote and support leftists in primaries, but they clearly can't do much especially on a Federal level. I think it's different locally, but local politics doesn't address the fact that we're hurtling toward climate death (or at least it doesn't directly, it could in an abstract sense).

Oh well, hell world continues apace.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Nothus posted:

They just went 100% remote so we'd have to nuke most of the US, just to be sure.

President Xi do the needful

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

gradenko_2000 posted:

lol remember when Kevin Spacey was caught being a pedo and his statement was "I have chosen to live my life as a gay man"

i thought he was caught being a rapist (of adult men)

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Nichael posted:

I don't really know how to reconcile this. I'll continue to vote and support leftists in primaries, but they clearly can't do much especially on a Federal level. I think it's different locally, but local politics doesn't address the fact that we're hurtling toward climate death (or at least it doesn't directly, it could in an abstract sense).

Nichael you know exactly the kind of ironicat you're digging here when saying local leftists get the goods.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

The Nastier Nate posted:

i thought he was caught being a rapist (of adult men)

he did both it was quite something

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

Nichael posted:

maybe getting your state to identify ways to stabilize their economy/tax base. then invest, and lobby the federal government for assistance. unfortunately for your fake state, they will likely be satisfied by making house boats/mooring places legal business addresses

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Asproigerosis posted:

Nichael you know exactly the kind of ironicat you're digging here when saying local leftists get the goods.

they passed $15 barely here due to the good people that won last year. it's not much, but it'll help people more than the $9.50 minimum wage that existed.

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Buttchug Mouthwash posted:

rip amphibians theyre the most hosed rn because by definition they have to lay their eggs in water. sensitive little buggers.

gonna pour one out for my frog and newt comrades, killed by capitalism

https://youtu.be/TK6H2rdgEcE

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

his accusers keep mysteriously dying lol=

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Nichael posted:

they passed $15 barely here due to the good people that won last year. it's not much, but it'll help people more than the $9.50 minimum wage that existed.

I was going to say how it barely passed in the permanent supermajority demhole, but your point makes more sense. Still feel betrayed Medinah put out the VOTE flyer with biden on it.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
ablergh, durrrr. duhhhhhhh

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Asproigerosis posted:

I was going to say how it barely passed in the permanent supermajority demhole, but your point makes more sense. Still feel betrayed Medinah put out the VOTE flyer with biden on it.

I don't think it's particularly inspiring that it barely passed, and that it's a lovely version of the bill that won't go into effect until 2025. It's just better than nothing, and without people like her having won last year, it would've been nothing. This state sucks and this country sucks, but the good news is the Democrat Party is going to take care of us all. :yaycat:

also I don't know if she did that or if the party did it, sounds more like something they'd do

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Nichael posted:

his accusers keep mysteriously dying lol=

If you don't accept the sick watch he gives you he ices you

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Homeless Friend posted:

Link to the 46 dementia Joe shirt now

These are all available for less than 20 bucks on Amazon. And the 1 star reviews are just :kiss:

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

loquacius posted:

Well, haven't they always been in bed with the nazis?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Mirthless posted:

I think the specific point I lost hope on progress was when Pelosi got made speaker of the house again. I couldn't believe it, I couldn't fathom the reason they would give her that role again after how bad she was at actually accomplishing Democrat agendas and keeping people in office, but they just give it back to her and let her keep it despite one under-performing election after another

Any time somebody has an original idea in the party they get shut out so we can... circle the wagons, sacrifice a few more things to preserve our most basic foundational necessities and do basic government, and remind america that leftists are bad (so vote for us, the party left of center)

I liked Howard Dean once; I know he's a pizza poo poo as an adult, so let's not get into that, but he pushed for a different approach to national politics and got run out of leadership for it. At least it was something, anything, a loving plan instead of this defensive/reactive bullshit

I can't vote for the fuckin democrats anymore and I sure as gently caress won't vote for the republicans, I'm loving lost and I hate it

We're gonna be dealing with Pelosi for like another twenty loving years, she'll be the first uploaded conciousness re-elected to congress

Most Democrats, including "left" Democrats like The Squad, like Pelosi though (or at least don't dislike her).

That's basically my point - given the existence of Republicans, you'd need to somehow replace nearly every single (if not literally every single) Democrat with a leftist. It's insane and not even remotely realistic, but this is the reality of what people mean when they talk about "focusing on primarying Democrats." Electing a leftist as President is more realistic simply due to there being a lot of power in that single position, but even that likely wouldn't work (if nothing else, they wouldn't be left alive if they were a threat).

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Smythe posted:

ablergh, durrrr. duhhhhhhh

u alright bud?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/AccioBooks/status/1406424728890454018?s=19