Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Pinche Rudo posted:

Burritos are Americanized dogshit, nobody should ever eat a burrito because tacos exist and are far superior.

This burrito is real murica baby

Post/username :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

It's not even the burger so much as everything else...

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Fries in a milk glass is low. Almost rock bottom.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Literally A Person posted:

or, served along side a $17 burger at some place that thinks they're cute

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Look at the condensation on that glass. They are getting soggy!!

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Aardvark! posted:

I'd firmly but politely ask for my money back and then regardless of the restaurant's response leave an upper decker in the ladies restroom.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

Aardvark! posted:

But it's clearly a photo of someone's desk!! they put the fries in the milk glass to eat in front of the computer!!

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
judging by the paint on the desk, im guessing the photo is from someone that spent all of their money on warhams and can't afford proper dishware

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

https://i.imgur.com/0BBZu82.mp4

Why are the burgers slathered in sauce?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

There's too much sauce involved with too many things in that slop bucket.
Most of the actual components seem pretty ok on their own or if one had the option to sauce them more individually.
...however I don't know if that's supposed to be a 'burrito' at the end of the 'tray' or something, but that is NOT proper. Burritos do not look like that. If that is some other form of 'wrapped' item not claiming to be a burrito...I still don't like it.

e: also even as an American that's supposed to either be a 'food challenge' type meal for 2 stoned college idiots with leftovers or a realistic dinner for 4+ or something, like a 'family' platter you get to eat say, over the course of an afternoon while watching some sports together and everyone digs in and fixes their own plates or whatever, right?

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Jun 20, 2021

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
Judging by the other food looking to be (mostly) of the Levantine variety, I'm guessing it's a shawarma of some kind. Shawarma is delicious and you should try it. That being said, that monstrosity of a plate looks pretty bad altogether.

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

Eh, so I checked the Tiktok and there's... more...:

https://www.tiktok.com/@amir.s.s.l/video/6975452049815129350

drk
Jan 16, 2005

The Dogão in its natural habitat: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qarO7Qi_PB8

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

i want to gently caress that torta

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOiaDI2XE2c

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

what THE gently caress am I watching right now?

knuthgrush
Jun 25, 2008

Be brave; clench fists.

drk posted:

Que sacanagem! They didn't even show the final product, porra!

IXCE
Nov 27, 2007

It's time to take naps and eat yum yum...and I'm all outta yum.
A local food page I follow posted this today.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

what THE gently caress am I watching right now?

I had to look it up. Apparently, it’s from a musical called 70, Girls, 70. The plot is about a group of elderly people who start stealing furs so that they can purchase a retirement hotel for themselves before it’s sold to developers. In that particular scene one of the women is trying to get a store clerk to leave for a while so they can take things, and she does it by demanding that she shouldn’t be served coffee in a cardboard cup.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Ziv Zulander posted:

I had to look it up. Apparently, it’s from a musical called 70, Girls, 70. The plot is about a group of elderly people who start stealing furs so that they can purchase a retirement hotel for themselves before it’s sold to developers. In that particular scene one of the women is trying to get a store clerk to leave for a while so they can take things, and she does it by demanding that she shouldn’t be served coffee in a cardboard cup.

I did not AT ALL expect an earnest response to that post and, you know what, I like it. I like it a lot, Ziv.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Mandy Patinkin is a treasure.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

And that's trademarked too.

No, really. They have a trademark for "Hot dog cup" (Nakkimuki)

BastardAus
Jun 3, 2003
Chunder from Down Under

drk posted:

That was… what the actual gently caress was that thing?
Outside of a cop that rolled in for his freebie halfway through, who could even put their face around that mess?

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

BastardAus posted:

That was… what the actual gently caress was that thing?
Outside of a cop that rolled in for his freebie halfway through, who could even put their face around that mess?

Being a Swamp Yankee 'Murrican, I learned a liberating method for eating sandwiches, especially items that might be more difficult to handle from some French collegues: using cutlery such as a knife and fork.

Grabbing certain foods in my fist is one of those things that is so ingrained in me that I would have never even thought of something different had someone else not simply just done it. Like a goddam post-it note. It's liberating and a whole combination of menu items can be applied right then and there. You want a fry on your burg? Do it. You want no fry on you burg? Skip it.

A thing of beauty after a night of drinking.

So that hotdog sandwich :smuggo: slathered with goo? GRAB MAH GOTDANG EATIN IRONS AND TAKE THAT THING DOWN

I know I know, it's fairly common outside the US, but whatever. This is my story thanks for listening.

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I bought a Lidl hot dog from their freshly baked goods display, entirely for the purpose of posting it here, but I forgot to take a photograph :(

It tasted quite bad.

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

please tell me that was not something you paid money for

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I bought a Lidl hot dog from their freshly baked goods display, entirely for the purpose of posting it here, but I forgot to take a photograph :(

It tasted quite bad.

It doesn’t look so terrible, what was wrong with it? Were you sober?

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

ilovebeersooomuch posted:

Being a Swamp Yankee 'Murrican, I learned a liberating method for eating sandwiches, especially items that might be more difficult to handle from some French collegues: using cutlery such as a knife and fork.

Grabbing certain foods in my fist is one of those things that is so ingrained in me that I would have never even thought of something different had someone else not simply just done it. Like a goddam post-it note. It's liberating and a whole combination of menu items can be applied right then and there. You want a fry on your burg? Do it. You want no fry on you burg? Skip it.

A thing of beauty after a night of drinking.

So that hotdog sandwich :smuggo: slathered with goo? GRAB MAH GOTDANG EATIN IRONS AND TAKE THAT THING DOWN

I know I know, it's fairly common outside the US, but whatever. This is my story thanks for listening.

Pretty sure those cops were there to shoot anyone who tried eating that with fork and knives. That's worse than a felony.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

It doesn’t look so terrible, what was wrong with it? Were you sober?

Well for one thing, it's baked.

Secondly, it had mustard in it :barf:

But worst of all, it cost over 1½€ which is inexcusable.

e: Oh and it was impossible to re-heat (as it was sold cold, obviously) in such a way that the sausage was warm but the toppings weren't deathly hot.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Today should be a bumper crop of patriotic garbage food

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me that was not something you paid money for

No, that's someone's homemade from another forum.

SavageMessiah
Jan 28, 2009

Emotionally drained and spookified

Toilet Rascal
I got a pair of bacon cheese dogs at 5 guys last week. They were fine but it was $16 for two goddamn hot dogs wtf.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
gonna be lots of good stuff today i can feel it

personally im going to eat 3 hot dogs covered in NACHO CHEESE later to celebrate America

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja
I sometimes buy a Lidl dog when I'm hungry and want to get something inside me before starting to cook an actual meal. They're not terrible, but the dog inside is definitely a dog, in that you can taste the value ratios involved. The bun is also strangely dense, it's not crunchy or stale, just tougher to chew than you'd except from a hotdog bun. Nothing wrong with the toppings, if you like mustard and pickled cucumber.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Mandy Patinkin is a treasure.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Whos watchin the hot dog contest right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Whos watchin the hot dog contest right now

I didn't, but Mrs. ilovebeersooomuch gave me the play by play from another room

"They're eating hot dogs now."
*minutes pass*
"They're done eating hot dogs now. Some guy won. He looks a little like Michael Rapaport. Wait, is that really him? No, his name is Joey Chestnut. Do you think that's his real name?"

that's about all I got then she lost interest