Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

https://twitter.com/MuskTillDawn/status/1406263402364821509

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

hey so you know this big fancy wedding you paid for to celebrate your special day? we're just gonna hijack it because we're too cheap to pay for our own and make it all about us, we cool?

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Kicked out of my own double wedding is the content that we all crave.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

what an incredible lunatic

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

I'm pretty immune to cringe but that's giving me heart palpitations

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

The most impressive thing is that he found someone to marry him and go along with his clearly terrible and insane plan. Say what you will about the wedding hijacking, these people were made for each other and are now out of the dating pool.

AreWeDrunkYet fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Jun 21, 2021

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

The most impressive thing is that he found someone to marry him and go along with his clearly terrible and insane plan. Say what you will about the wedding hijacking, these people were made for each other and now are now out of the dating pool.
The other alternative is that his girlfriend/wife actually did raise concerns when he suggested this plan, but he responded with a "no worries, Torkbuzz and I go way back, him and his fiancee would love to share our happiness" (which he just assumed without actually asking of course).

Also, who uses "Torkbuzz" as their fake name? Is this a reference to some piece of pop culture of which I am unaware?

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

I much prefer it to when people use generic names in the stories. I'm gonna remember who's who a lot more if they're called Ghutarg the Ravager and Jalanah, Daughter of Tyserus rather than like, John and Sara or whatever.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

MagusofStars posted:

Also, who uses "Torkbuzz" as their fake name?
Someone who is very proud of how crazy and random they are

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

MagusofStars posted:

Also, who uses "Torkbuzz" as their fake name? Is this a reference to some piece of pop culture of which I am unaware?

I’ve got an uncommon name that’s pronounced phonetically and spelled exactly as it sounds, but people don’t know it so they always come up with weird nicknames for me. I’ve been called Torgleston, Mr. T, Thor, Tortellini, and Torrence, to name a few names that are close enough I’ll answer to them. I could absolutely see somebody calling me Torkbuzz and considering it a playful nickname.

That being said, what the gently caress is wrong with this person

E: t-bone and t-money are also both names I get called often enough

Ziv Zulander fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Jun 21, 2021

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

massive spider posted:

The simple answer: watch peoples actions not their words.

Reasonable but untenable by the basis of this thread.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Just shocked the invocation of the like 15-year-old meme didn't defuse the situation

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Torkbuzz sounds like a Mario boss.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Is Torkbuzz related to Trollbüs?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

DaveSauce posted:

Eh, I'd tend to assume inability to accurately determine fault, rather than some intentional policy to keep people from reporting incidents.

Problem is these encounters are going to happen generally without a teacher/staff as witness. So ultimately all you have is a bunch of kids pointing fingers at each other. You can't do anything but punish everyone involved, because the instant you take sides then you become responsible for proving who was the instigator. So now, as a public employee, you had better drat well be blaming the right person, or else there's going to be hell to pay. And hell, even if you have 5 teachers witness it, you're going to have parents crying foul and trying to turn it in to a trial.

It's 100 percent on the parents. Used to be that the school could allow Gallant the eagle scout to carry a pocket knife while suspending Goofus for threatening another kid with his switchblade, or let Gallant get away with defending himself when Goofus jumps him at recess. These days Goofus' parents will raise hell about the double standard and sue the poo poo out of the school and the school doesn't have the resources to fight them on it. So zero-tolerance it is.

darkwasthenight posted:

They were funnier when you weren't expecting them or didn't see the account name and then BAM "I was suddenly furious..." left hook out of nowhere and he's off fighting decrepit pensioners or whoever else felt like pushing his poo poo back in this week.

It was the "I put on my robe and wizard hat" of relationships.

I always think that about the jumper cables guy, personally.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Torkbuzz sounds like a slang term for drugs on a Disney Channel show.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Husband angry I won’t change my name

quote:

Hi everyone. I have been married to my husband for a few years now. We have a couple of kids together and are generally very happy. The only issue we have is the topic about whether I will change my surname to his.

When we were first dating I was very clear that I wouldn’t. We had a number of arguments about this when we became engaged and didn’t really discuss it as we both got too angry. I agreed to do it but only as a way to stop the arguments, however I never wanted to. That was an error on my behalf. We are now a few years in and I still haven’t done it. I just have no desire to. I absolutely love him, but I just don’t see why I have to change the name I’ve had for 35+ years. Our kids have his surname, I’m happy to refer to our family unit by our surname but I just see no need to change my name.

Every so often something will happen for it to pop up again. Yesterday one of my friends changed her name so he started getting angry about it again. He stayed up all night stewing on it. He sent me this message this morning:

Not changing your name is a signal that our marriage is unconsummated. It’s an ongoing, public humiliation of my masculinity. 90% of women change their name, even if it’s not in their self-interest - including most of our friends and family. You vowed to do it.

I am interested to hear from anyone - particularly men who might hold similar views - whether there is anything I could say to let him see my point of view? He is a wonderful man but does have a bit of a victim complex which can affect how he sees things. For instance, he’s now completely ignored the fact that for years I said I didn’t want to change my name and only said I’d do it to stop him being angry at me.

My husband is a wonderful man (I know the above message doesn’t reflect well on him) so please no mean comments about him.

TL;DR Husband angry I won’t change my name a few years after we’ve been married. Says it affects his masculinity. Looking for advice.

Oh no his masculinity!

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

LadyPictureShow posted:

Oh no his masculinity!

Divorce your garbage husband, take your child and get the gently caress out.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

lol

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
so this was a semi-dealbreaker, you decided to get married to him anyway, and you magically think that he's going to drop the subject?

Jesus the justifications they're both putting out is insane

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

LadyPictureShow posted:

Oh no his masculinity!
People will think our marriage is unconsummated! No I do not know how children are made why

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
It would be funny if she changed her last name but not to the husband's last name just to piss him off.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

quote:

my friend, Torkbuzz's (fake name), wedding

comforthawk
Apr 15, 2018

quote:

my friend, Torkbuzz's (fake name), wedding

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Zoltar and Torkbuzz, Saturday mornings at 10! What will they get up to this week?

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

low key sex master posted:

so this was a semi-dealbreaker, you decided to get married to him anyway, and you magically think that he's going to drop the subject?

She even agreed to the name change, then decided against it after getting married. The whole concept is outdated and his justification is especially hosed, but if someone draws clear lines in a relationship, the other person agrees to those terms and then changes their mind, what does she expect? The husband was up front about being a shithead, she should have paid attention when he was waving that red flag directly in her face.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

He's being unreasonable about it and should be able to take no for an answer.

But as a compromise depending on where in the world they are they could both change to a combined surname.

Upgrade
Jun 19, 2021

Collateral Damage posted:

He's being unreasonable about it and should be able to take no for an answer.

But as a compromise depending on where in the world they are they could both change to a combined surname.

My wife and I wanted to do that originally but shockingly it’s much harder for a man to change his name than a woman who just got married! There were a bunch of hoops to jump through so we said gently caress if - and she kept her last name. And gasp, we don’t even wear wedding rings!

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

Obviously she should change her name to Torkbuzz.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Upgrade posted:

My wife and I wanted to do that originally but shockingly it’s much harder for a man to change his name than a woman who just got married! There were a bunch of hoops to jump through so we said gently caress if - and she kept her last name. And gasp, we don’t even wear wedding rings!

lol look at this emasculated unconsummated cuck

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

"i agreed to do it and now he wants me to do it!" pikachuface.jpg

he's trash, she's a moron. poor kids.

Upgrade
Jun 19, 2021

Feels bad :sad:

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Trying to break up with someone with Borderline personality disorder the musical

My [23M] ex [29F] gets admitted to the hospital with “broken heart syndrome” after finding out I’m dating someone else. Her mom says her blood is on my hands.Breakups

quote:

submitted 16 days ago by darknessofchrist
Had a nasty break up with this girl about a month and a half ago. I didn’t tell her I started dated someone else about 2 weeks later. And she continued to talk to me and try be close friends with me at the very least, but I didn’t want that and kept telling her I needed more time before we could be friends again.
She asked me recently if I was dating someone else and she was insistent on me telling her the truth. I didn’t want to tell her to protect her feelings and also it was not her business anymore since we’re already broken up for weeks now, but she insisted and wouldn’t stop calling and messaging me until she I told her.
I told her the truth and she was devastated and angry at me. She accused me of cheating on her with this girl when that has never ever happened once. We were friends while me and my ex dated but it was completely innocent and nothing inappropriate happened at all. I still gave her all the time and attention and support I could give, she was still a first priority while we dated. I tried to tell her this and that she wasn’t being replaced
A day later, she send me a long goodbye message essentially saying I’m a horrible person and she doesn’t care if she lives or dies anymore. An hour after that, her mother texted me saying that she was admitted to the hospital for “broken heart syndrome” and that “she’s not fighting and unlikely to make it” and that “her blood is on your hands”.
I feel loving terrible and scared and nervous and anxious, I don’t know what to do. I never wanted this to happen and I still care about her, I just want her to be okay but I’m in the dark completely right now. This was hours ago and I have no idea what has happened at this point, if she’s still alive or not.
She has done this before with her other health issues, she updates me when she’s in the hospital or if she’s having surgery for something and claims I don’t care about her if I ignore her and I’ve always came back to listen and support her again, but this time it feels different. I don’t know what to do or what to think. Is this my fault? Is her blood really on my hands?
TL;DR - ex gf found out I’m dating someone else after asking for the truth and she’s in the hospital for broken heart syndrome as her mom describes it. Her mom thinks she won’t make it and it’s all my fault. Is it all my fault?

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Berth el pup.

AITA for shaming my mother in law in front of the whole family for spreading lies about me?

quote:

My husband and I don't want kids. He had gotten a vasectomy even before I dated him and I wanted to be childfree so we both knew it's never going to happen. She didn't know that my husband has gotten a vasectomy and believes that it's me who is not giving her grandchildren, so she hated me. When I got married, she wrote this whole letter about how she can't wait for us to be parents and read it out loud during our reception. She would cry on the phone with my sister in law about how I'm the worst thing that has ever happened to her. She would make racist Facebook posts targeted at me because I'm Asian and my husband is white. There have been times she would introduce my husband to different women when he's already married to me and would tell him that he deserves better.

Three days ago I was at a family gathering. I never really attend family gatherings because my mother in law is present there but it had been a long time since I've met his family. When I was just talking to my husband's aunt, She casually says "I'm sorry that can't experience motherhood, how does "my husband's name" feel about it? " I asked her what it was she talking about, she tells me that my mother in law has been going around, telling everyone in the family group chat that I'm infertile. I honestly lost my mind.

I went up to my mother in law and asked her about it. She told me that she didn't wanted to tell everyone that my husband is less of a man because he got a vasectomy done and thought it was better to tell everyone I was infertile. I started to scream at her. Everybody in the room kinda started telling me that I shouldn't be ashamed because I am infertile (they thought I was shifting the blame on my husband when I'm infertile) and I revealed the truth because I was not infertile. I told everyone about how my mother in law was spreading lies because she didn't want her son to be "less of a man". I told everyone about her introducing my husband to different women because she wanted to replace me and is openly racist towards me. My brother in law calmed me down because I was bawling my eyes out and called my husband, asking him to come home.

My husband came home, his mother was crying and telling him that I ruined her reputation. She tells him how I'm trying to make him hate her. My husband took my side. He told her that it was the last time he would be stepping into the house and he is going to cut ties with her. We left the house.

My husband thinks that I did the right thing, standing up for myself. I've been getting text messages from his relatives about how I broke a mother and son's relationship. My mother in law is making posts about me on Facebook.

I know I could've handled it better but AITA?

Edit: I would like to clear up two things because I'm being asked about it.

1) when my mother in law gave the speech during my reception, that's when my husband told her about his vasectomy.

2) My husband didn't attend the gathering with me because the next day was my birthday and he was planning a surprise for me.

3) Some people pointed it out that I shouldn't have lashed out at a family gathering which is absolutely right. I feel bad for it and I know I could've handled it better.

Thank you so much for the replies.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Consequences for my own actions? Why I never.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

"I figured my buddy Torkbuzz would be cool with it which is why I didn't ask him ahead of time!" lol you're not fooling anyone my man.

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

The most impressive thing is that he found someone to marry him and go along with his clearly terrible and insane plan. Say what you will about the wedding hijacking, these people were made for each other and are now out of the dating pool.

I'm impressed you think this marriage lasted longer than a year.

LadyPictureShow posted:

Oh no his masculinity!

This one's kind of on you, lady. You knew the name thing was a sticking point but you two morons went ahead and got married anyway without resolving the issue. And then you added kids to the mess.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

I found the deleted update from the way back machine!

quote:

Hopefully the link works properly.
In my other post, I said that my gf was hospitalized for what her mother tells me is broken heart syndrome and that “her blood is on my hands” if she dies. I already blocked both her and her mother after I was told this news to save myself being messaged by them. I was told she “wasn’t fighting” anymore and she didn’t care if she lived or died.
People in my last post were reasonably suspicious whether or not she was being truthful, if it was actually her that was texting me or if she was faking being in the hospital at all. I believed it was all real.
I got an email from someone who turned out to be her good friend who was trying to reach me for a few days. She told me that she did end up dying. She was a little bit in the dark about the details but just told me that she was admitted to one hospital and was transferred to 3 different ones until they had to “unplug the machine”, so I guess she was on life support.
I am devastated. I did not intend this to happen at all. Everyone has told me to not feel guilty and that it’s not my fault but the guilt is back. I can’t imagine how her mom is feeling, she’s the only family close to her aside from her grandparents.
I’m rethinking everything now and what I could’ve done differently. I really don’t know. I’m so sad and the guilt is so strong, I still care about her and wanted her to be okay after we broke up. I knew there would be hurt, but nothing like this. I never wanted this to happen. And I’m not sure how to cope.
I’m overcome with guilt and her friend, who even takes some of the blame herself because she thinks she encouraged arguments between us by giving her relationship advice. She told me her whole family blames me for what happened and they think it’s my fault she’s dead. It’s hard not to feel guilty when her whole family is against me and think I murdered her pretty much. It makes me anxious to know there’s people who think I’m that heartless when I still care about her and wanted her to move on and be happy. I did not think she would take it this hard.
I know many of the posts said it wasn’t my fault no matter what happened. But I can’t shake this feeling. I can’t imagine how her family is doing.
Aside from therapy, because I’ve scheduled with a therapist already to talk about this and how I’ll move forward, what do I do? I never thought she would actually die. I’m not contacting her family obviously, I’m sure they don’t want to hear from me. Am I a bad person for focusing on myself and trying to forget and move on from all this? My life has been miserable ever since breaking up with her. Is any of this my fault?
TL;DR - ex ended up dying from what I only know to be broken heart syndrome, but there were likely other complications, I don’t know exactly. The guilt is killing me. How do I go on

You sweet, sweet so very dumb man

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

My sister's [19F] boyfriend [26M] is outraged that I [21F] hooked up with his brother [20M] at a party and that we want to continue the relationship. He won't talk to me at all

quote:

My sister and D (her boyfriend) have been together for 3-4 months. Him and I get along fine, whenever they have problems he comes to me asking for advice, we hang out together, everything was going great. D has a younger brother, R. Long before my sister and D got together, when they were kids, she and R had a thing for each other, but never really spoke about it. They just liked each other, without doing anything about that. As the years passed, they lost any feelings for each other and are now good friends. R and I never really spoke much before the party, we knew each other but never sat together and talked except for one time maybe, a 10-minute conversation. I have never thought about him as more than maybe just a friend. The thought of him never crossed my mind until that party.

The party happened 2 days ago, so the incident is still fresh. We were under the influence, so without going into details, me and R kissed. Then we spent the rest of the night together, just talking about life, about our feelings for each other. And it was a magical moment, full of feelings that I never knew I had for him, we were so lost into each other. Everything was so intense and so full of passion, it was like when we kissed, a whole forest just started burning and burning in our minds. We didn't have sex because the moments with us just talking were more than enough. He told me that night that he had a crush on me for some time. Before coming to the party, he kept asking if I was going to be there too, he even told my sister at the party (before us kissing) that he thought I was beautiful and sweet and nice. So everything seemed perfect. Until morning came, and D found out about us. And R told D that he wants to continue this thing with me.

He is now so angry and outraged, telling me that he thinks this is weird, that it's not normal. He doesn't want to speak to me at all (I have tried all this time). He told me that our friendship is done, that he won't ever recognize me as his friend anymore. My sister is absolutely ok with what had happened, because those feelings between her and R are only platonic and they are on really good terms right now. So everyone is fine with that except for D. He is extremely angry and won't listen to anything from me or from anyone involved.

So....I came here! I feel soooo stressed about this., emotionally torn apart. I want to have the best relationship with my sister's boyfriend, I want us to be like a big family, going hiking and camping and everything! But I'm afraid this won't be possible because he is angry at me and R.

Despite being the oldest out of everyone involved, D sounds like the least mature of them. (Check the ages in case you missed them)

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Trying to find an update on Torkbuzz reveals that the original has been pulled down for likely being fake. The account has been deleted too so you can't even find if he commented on his reasoning, etc. Gotta be honest, I really hope that one is fake bc otherwise that guy seriously hosed up a lifelong friendship.

Last-name lady did indeed gently caress up, it has never worked to just agree to something then avoid actually following through. gently caress that guy and his fragile masculinity for sure, but this is a values difference and you can't navigate those by lying to your partner and dragging it on, which is essentially showing them so little respect you may as well not be with them. She basically made it a consistent open wound for him, and when the other friend went ahead and did it, he crumbled because it's so clear it's not an issue of convenience, she's just avoiding it. It's almost like some gender-swapped version of the whole 'waiting for the guy to propose while your friends who dated for less time get married' situation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

I found the deleted update from the way back machine!

You sweet, sweet so very dumb man

this is how my first habbo hotel gf died.