Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Fantastic Foreskin posted:

When was they heyday of the front page? "There's a front page?" has been a stock joke for as long as I've been here, but I gather it was actually an attraction at one point.

I certainly remember reading it regularly back in the first half of the 2000s, without having essentially any interaction with the forums themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

World War Mammories posted:

how do you people not remember the flask-loving mod challenge

Sorry to break it to you, but you were the only one who had to do this. It's not actually an ancient SA initiation rite.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
And one more post just in case.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Captain Hygiene posted:

I certainly remember reading it regularly back in the first half of the 2000s, without having essentially any interaction with the forums themselves.

Yeah, I discovered the site through a front page article by integral of all people, then stayed for the photoshop phridays.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

When was they heyday of the front page? "There's a front page?" has been a stock joke for as long as I've been here, but I gather it was actually an attraction at one point.

I want to say around '02 or 3 when there'd be photoshop competitions with fark and worth1000 (are they still around?) and whoever. But that might literally just be memory bias on my part because that's around when i became aware of this place. Well, the front page of this place, the forums themselves seemed like they were full of assholes and jerks. Who would ever post there?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Captain Hygiene posted:

Me too around the same time.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
I used to read the Front Page for articles like "Kids Say the Most Devastatingest Things."

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

ultrafilter posted:

Me too around the same time.

:same: I actually had a buddy in my college classes show me what it was back in like 02-03 or so. I remember there was a thread or article, maybe Photoshop Phriday that had a mock 8-bit looking pirate game or something & we were howling at how funny it was in class.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

a kitten posted:

I want to say around '02 or 3 when there'd be photoshop competitions with fark and worth1000 (are they still around?)

Worth1000 disappeared up its own rear end around 2014 when the owner suddenly closed it down and announced that he'd sold the entire contents of the site plus the entire userbase to "graphic design crowdsourcing company DesignCrowd". Members who didn't want their info sold to the new owners had to opt out, it was all a lovely horrible mess. The new owners kept delaying the relaunch for over a year they pretty much gave up and archived all the old Worth1000 content on their site.

I spent a lot of time on the W1K forums back in the day. :smith:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

I find SMG's work both amusing and commendably done, and I'm glad I don't have to post alongside him.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Bar Ran Dun posted:

I remember getting in an argument about automation. I googled my forums name at the time to look for a post I wanted to refer back to ( at that point I didn’t have plat.) I discovered that the person I was arguing with was posting my arguments in an another forum to come up with a response.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 216 days!
i don't even remember which poster it was, but anyone who specifically bad mouths the horror thread in cined is not a good person with your best interests at heart

one of the best threads, if you happen to like horror movies

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Is that the one where they had to ban a guy from posting about his “horror hog”?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Is that the one where they had to ban a guy from posting about his “horror hog”?

Yes. But he was a fuckwit of the first water and he deserved it.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

John Lee posted:

Look, I really want to have this conversation, which is a very good indicator that it probably should not happen here, in this place.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost
Fashion SWAT, WTF D&D, and anything Zack Parsons were all incredible front page content.

SMG is a great troll and an insightful mass media poster (not just movies, his posts about Duke Nukem Forever were also great). He takes things too far at times, and absolutely needs to stay away from politics/news, but overall he's a forums treasure. His imitators are all boring garbage, and several CD threads are just lousy with them.

The horror thread is great, just be prepared to skip like 5-10 loving pages anytime anyone posts a tier list of any horror series/subgenre.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

A WIZARD DID IT posted:

So I went out last night with some girl who I sort of know through some friends, we went to a fancy restaurant, had a few drinks then at one point I ran off to the toilets. When I came back and finished my drink it hit me like I'd just chugged a bottle of Vodka. My memory gets hazy after that.

The next thing I remember is being woken up by my brothers girlfriend and some girl I hooked up with once a year ago standing naked in my bedroom doorway asking me to follow them, after staring at my brothers naked girlfriends bush for like 10 seconds I followed them out the door to find my brother browsing myspace on the family computer stark naked. When I told him to put some loving pants on cause I didn't want his sweaty rear end sweat getting all over the computer chair he stood up spread his cheeks and said something I can't remember, a blinding light then spread forth from his anus.

After this I woke up on the floor in the lounge room, stumbled to the shower, my rear end feeling like I'd taken the must hugest solid dump in the world. When I undressed I noticed that I had a cut on my inner thigh that was pathetically covered with a band-aid also my pubes were completely shaved off.

I texted the girl I went out with to find out what happened after the restaurant, apparently we went to a night club then I said I felt ill, put her in a taxi and that was the last she saw of me.

Does anyone know a drug that would make this happen to me?

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

some plague rats posted:

I've never posted in gbs

Blue Footed Booby posted:

I don't know about anyone else but I don't read literally every thread ever.

wow, fake goons :smuggo:

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Dating, not even once people it's not worth it.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

I first discovered SA after being linked a review of Halo I think, on the GameSpy forums (RIP) :v: I was too young and dumb to realise it was a joke review of the game and my jimmies were rustled as hell and I was all fired up to register and fire off my opinion until I saq I had to pay real money to post there. So I kept reading the frontpage alone for a year or so before borrowing my moms credit card to sign up. Good times

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
You say you're a goon? Name every thread.

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

One More Fat Nerd posted:

Fashion SWAT, WTF D&D, and anything Zack Parsons were all incredible front page content.

Oh my god WTF, D&D was so good.

... Can we post funny front page articles quotes in here? Because i have a lot of thoughts about Memos From the Bear Cave.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Zack Parsons occult prison series
Zack Parsons plant apocalypse series
Zack Parsons weird alternate reality dimensionhopping angel/demon war
loving Liminal States, or Wages, two cool books he wrote.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Skulk Hogan posted:

Oh my god WTF, D&D was so good.

... Can we post funny front page articles quotes in here? Because i have a lot of thoughts about Memos From the Bear Cave.

Oh man memos from the bear cave was so good. Someone should make a PYF Stuff From the Front Page thread. I’d do it but I’m in meetings/presentations all day.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

A post/username combo for the ages there.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost
Were the posts from the HR department for the Doom 3 mars base also Zack? Regardless, they were incredible.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

One More Fat Nerd posted:

I also have a soft spot for DocEvil's series about Dorroile

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Biplane posted:

I first discovered SA after being linked a review of Halo I think, on the GameSpy forums (RIP) :v: I was too young and dumb to realise it was a joke review of the game and my jimmies were rustled as hell and I was all fired up to register and fire off my opinion until I saq I had to pay real money to post there. So I kept reading the frontpage alone for a year or so before borrowing my moms credit card to sign up. Good times

So how did posting your opinion go after you finally got an account?

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Sininu posted:

So how did posting your opinion go after you finally got an account?

By the time I was able to post I had forgotten all about it :( But don't worry, I have made other bad posts instead!

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Biplane posted:

By the time I was able to post I had forgotten all about it :( But don't worry, I have made other bad posts instead!

And still show no signs of stopping!

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

oldpainless posted:

And still show no signs of stopping!

I easily have another 15 to 20 years of bad posts in me. :smug:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Splicer posted:

You say you're a goon? Name every thread.

Tipping, what things count as sandwiches, and Zack Snyder.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
You forgot "pilonidal cyst", casual

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Phy posted:

Arguably a sandwich.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Jedit posted:

Yes. But he was a fuckwit of the first water and he deserved it.

What the gently caress

MODS?!?

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy
You also forgot Which Way The Toilet Paper Goes On, Which Way To Wipe, Bidets, Tipping (which covers circumcision and the kind you do at restaurants in the US), Religion, Marvel Movies, Plane On A Treadmill and Goon In A Well.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Christmas is cancelled because a racist hot dog vendor needs a new grease trap

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Phy posted:

And circumcising pitbulls!

Was the pilonidal cyst thing the guy who took a vacuum cleaner to his rear end boil or was that somebody else?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

the series about Bear Cave??? soup company was really good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Blue Footed Booby posted:

And circumcising pitbulls!

Was the pilonidal cyst thing the guy who took a vacuum cleaner to his rear end boil or was that somebody else?

Different thing, the vacuum cleaner one was a taint boil and the last time I posted it I probated myself for doing it because it is disgusting.