Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Dixville posted:

Lately I've just been drinking caffeine laced crystal lite style powder packets. Generic from walmart. The pomegranate lemonade flavor is pretty good.

i've been getting the crystal lite strawberry ones sometimes, not too bad.

been kinda doing bulk order math on it...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
300MG of the good stuff via a BANG Cherry Blade Lemonade

:blastu:

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

nuked up a cup of some day old joe

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ku42Iszh9KM

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Does anyone else like Hell? They come in these cheap little 250ml cans, and they have a bunch of flavours, I love the mango one. Tried one of their summer ones today, a peach-citrus one, was pretty tasty.
They also have 500ml cans, for 50% more, but only three flavours (classic, apple, red grape)

Still wanna try their gamer cherry or whatever it is, cherry drinks usually are nice.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I can't abide a tiny can. I need a big can, the bigger the better, so I KNOW i'm drinking 720% of my daily B12 intake in one go.

NOS and Rockstar Energy are the worst, bad taste and instant headache. And for some reason the only energy drinks that hardware stores stock.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Tato posted:

I can't abide a tiny can. I need a big can, the bigger the better, so I KNOW i'm drinking 720% of my daily B12 intake in one go.

NOS and Rockstar Energy are the worst, bad taste and instant headache. And for some reason the only energy drinks that hardware stores stock.

Here in bumfuck the hardware store stocks ripit and that makes it all good

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

numberoneposter posted:

nuked up a cup of some day old joe

hell yaeh

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Drinkin' a Monster Ultra Watermelon. Pretty good. Pretty fruity. Goes well with my ham+roast BEEF sandwich :munch:

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

The best tasting energy drinks that ever were were Welch's, tasted just like their juice and was amazing. Only ever saw strawberry, was great. RIP.

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib

Detective No. 27 posted:

I really liked Coke Energy and am sad to see it get discontinued. They had finally started to regularly stock it at WinCo too.

I tried the cherry, the regular, and maybe diet regular? Anyway after you adjusted to the taste, these were actually pretty great!

Like Coke Blak, they were just too expensive for a can so small. Coke energy should have been at least a dollar less, or been in a larger can. They have only themselves to blame.

And I think I said this before but Bang is nasty. Some flavors are ok and then you drink a blue one (which should be the best flavor of most things) and it tastes like it was sitting in a large pool in a goodwill for 6 months. Awful stuff

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
The papillon monster is still really good. Destined to be discontinued though. dust in the wind. like the butterflies on the can

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Pakistani politics posted:

I tried the cherry, the regular, and maybe diet regular? Anyway after you adjusted to the taste, these were actually pretty great!

Like Coke Blak, they were just too expensive for a can so small. Coke energy should have been at least a dollar less, or been in a larger can. They have only themselves to blame.

And I think I said this before but Bang is nasty. Some flavors are ok and then you drink a blue one (which should be the best flavor of most things) and it tastes like it was sitting in a large pool in a goodwill for 6 months. Awful stuff

Bang is definitely hit or miss for me. The rainbow unicorn flavor tastes like some antibiotic i had as a kid that made me puke

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

Forums Electronic MusiciaBRRRIIINGYIPYIPYIPYIP
Bang Miami Cola all the way

Frabba
May 30, 2008

Investing in chewy toy futures
I don't know how widely available it is, but I've been really enjoying the Orange Breeze flavored Mtn Dew Rise Energy drinks.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Revins posted:

The papillon monster is still really good. Destined to be discontinued though. dust in the wind. like the butterflies on the can

Is that the same as the Monarch one? Had one the other day and it was really good.
Hell has a peach flavor for summer too and it owns.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
My local stores (north MD) have completely lost the ability to stock Monster Ultras, in any flavor, so I’ve been forced to branch out. Bang’s been pretty good but I miss my orange flavor to go with breakfast.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
I saw Bang was making hard seltzers and my Sparks craving from 15 years ago flared back up hard.

Then I saw caffeine free on the label and was brought back down to reality :(

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

Serperoth posted:

Is that the same as the Monarch one? Had one the other day and it was really good.
Hell has a peach flavor for summer too and it owns.

yeah looks to be the same thing

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
drinking a watery iced coffee from starfucks. shoulda just gotten a goddamn energy drink instead. :negative:

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Chinatown posted:

drinking a watery iced coffee from starfucks. shoulda just gotten a goddamn energy drink instead. :negative:

Monster Ultra Shameful

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Armitag3 posted:

Monster Ultra Shameful

Picked up a 24 pack from Costco today. 8 Ultra regular, 8 watermelon, 8 Gold (pineapple).

~$1.50 a can. :blastu:

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
So i tried C4 yesterday and holy poo poo, it's intense. It gives you a weird tingling sensation in your face too. Taste was pretty good, i tried the strawberry watermelon.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

Dixville posted:

So i tried C4 yesterday and holy poo poo, it's intense. It gives you a weird tingling sensation in your face too. Taste was pretty good, i tried the strawberry watermelon.
the orange flavor is great, and c4 is the best-tasting of the pre-workout drinks i've tried. i got the "adrenaline shoc smart energy" sour candy and fruit punch flavors and both had a really weird taste, would not recommend

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

OxMan posted:

The best tasting energy drinks that ever were were Welch's, tasted just like their juice and was amazing. Only ever saw strawberry, was great. RIP.

7/11 around here had the grape one for a while and it was liquid diabetes. pretty good

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Dixville posted:

The tingling is caused by beta-alanine and it's the best part of pre-workout.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
If you pour a Monster Ultra Gold (pineapple flav) into a glass it has a very nice pale yellow :piaa: color to it.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
Should energy drinks at any time ever be poured into a glass that does not have alcohol in it?

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

how else you gon put ice in that bad boy

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

I still miss the dragon tea monsters. Ive never regularly bought energy drinks outside of those. I especially liked the yerba mate one but it was the first to disappear

lol its now on ebay for 20 bucks a can

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Revins posted:

I still miss the dragon tea monsters. Ive never regularly bought energy drinks outside of those. I especially liked the yerba mate one but it was the first to disappear

lol its now on ebay for 20 bucks a can

Huh, I had noticed they were getting scarce but didn't realize it was a total discontinue thing. I bought one last week, wish I could remember where.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Our nations logistics issues are getting out of hand, my subscribe and save order can't be fulfilled. I'm a big fan of all the Monster Juice flavors, the 2 punch ones in particular. I keep hoping I'll like the 0 calorie ones but I just don't like them enough to switch from the sugared ones. The regular Monster flavor is horrific and I can't believe I ever drank them.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Monster Zero Ultra is my usual go-to, although I recently tried Ultra Fiesta and holy poo poo is that good!

Used to love this, shame it was discontinued (I might have been the only person outside of Scotland who bought it.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQVagkyKNlA

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Tried Zero Ultra the other day, it had that film-y aftertaste sugarfree stuff does, so I'll pass, but the taste itself was fine.

Top tier drink is the Monster Rehab Peach tho, much better than the "plain" Rehab, would drink again. My next one will probably be the Monarch though, I liked it last time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

I tried a Clutch brand zero-sugar orange flavor thing. it was pretty bad