Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

RandomPauI posted:

I suddenly want someone to make the OSB equivalent of a leather belt. How would that even work?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonded_leather

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
The wraparound torture shoes are knockoffs of some famous label; can't remember who but think I saw them on a Kardashian.

Hirayuki posted:

My blue morpho sandals came! I think they're pretty cute:

The wings are maybe not as vertical as I'd expected, but a little light fluffing and they're fine. The sandals fit well and are comfortable, too (so far). Imma wear them to my first post-vax party this weekend. Thanks again for sharing them with the thread!

THEY ARE SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!

yippee cahier
Mar 28, 2005

DIY time, order a pile of dead rabbits and

US $15.38 | 100g Meat Additive Transglutaminase (Meat Glue) - RM Formula
https://a.aliexpress.com/_ms8lxkt

(please do not buy this from AE for use in food, in addition to contamination concerns it needs special handling)

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Yeah, "Genuine Leather" is a regulated term of art, and it means "the shittiest garbage we can legally call leather"

Just like A-grade beef

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Enjoy being on that list.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

flavor.flv posted:

Yeah, "Genuine Leather" is a regulated term of art, and it means "the shittiest garbage we can legally call leather"

Just like A-grade beef

When I was a kid I had a pair of shoes that stated very clearly "Genuine Artificial Leather"

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

yippee cahier posted:

DIY time, order a pile of dead rabbits and

US $15.38 | 100g Meat Additive Transglutaminase (Meat Glue) - RM Formula
https://a.aliexpress.com/_ms8lxkt

(please do not buy this from AE for use in food, in addition to contamination concerns it needs special handling)

I ordered lube, this is totally the opposite!

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
Are you up for the workout that aliexpress recommends?

you can do you bo_ng everywhere:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001381617824.html

VictualSquid fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Jun 17, 2021

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

BONING MAGIC BALL

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

360 fight the ball

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Inzombiac posted:

360° fight the ball

:megadeath:

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

VictualSquid posted:

Lol! Tetherball, but fer yer head!

Their original attempt, in necklace form, was a failure

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Inzombiac posted:

360 fight the ball

Don't fight a ball.
Use your brain.
Use drugs.

FistLips
Dec 14, 2004

Must I dream and always see your face?

VictualSquid posted:

Bo Burnham use one of these in «Inside». Watch «Inside» it was great.

I just bought some keycaps for my number row. My keyboard looks great with black print on charcoal keys. But while I can touch type, I sometimes need to glance on the numbers and characters on the top row and that combination is close to unreadable in anything less than great light. Keyboard not from Ali.

The Aphasian
Mar 8, 2007

Psychotropic Hops

FistLips posted:

Bo Burnham use one of these in «Inside». Watch «Inside» it was great.

I just bought some keycaps for my number row. My keyboard looks great with black print on charcoal keys. But while I can touch type, I sometimes need to glance on the numbers and characters on the top row and that combination is close to unreadable in anything less than great light. Keyboard not from Ali.

Just buy some silcone molds for mechanical keys and make horribly inept resin keys like me.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001877389247.html

They work well, but dont, uh, stick on like the "real" things? I don't think this will usually be an issue, but I'm sure to drop something, pick up my keyboard to look for it, and dump keys on the floor eventually. Of course, I've only ever done like 2 resin pours, including this one, so it may be user error.

I plan on dyeing some alphabet noodles and floating them in there to really make it look like a child made my keyboard.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Ordered novelty teeth for my dog and they just sent this stupid bandana wth

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry
Where is that original cut off the Sonic movie?

FacePox
Jun 16, 2021

The product is pretty normal but I love the name. Classical Mine Game.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Holy poo poo.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_msNgWiH

Do I need them? No. Did I buy them? Oh, hell yes.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

I’m not logged into Ali on this phone. They don’t know what to sell to me.

So far, I think I’ve searched for “Tiny castles” and “seahorse molds”

Oh yeah, and these are great, but possibly sold directly by an artist.
A bunch of shady sellers are posting the banana duck.

US $5.70 51% Off | 40# Art Banana Duck Creative Garden Decoration Sculptures Yard Garden Decor Vintage Ornament Home Statues Decoration Accessories
https://a.aliexpress.com/_m0AtM8Z

Bored fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Jun 23, 2021

Irukandji Syndrome
Dec 26, 2008
A friend of mine was like "haha I wonder what kind of hellish toilet paper they sell on aliexpress" so I looked it up and it was just relatively boring stuff like Trump's face printed on 1-ply. But in the related, I saw... this.

Um.

It has directions for its use.

If you are allergic to pain, you should not beat it :colbert:

I legitimately thought it was some sort of BDSM sex toy at first, but then the related items are full of similar things all labeled for medicinal use of some kind:

I was like, "maybe this is just a weird back massager".

This feels kind of like something from Rick and Morty.

This is arguably the most ominous-looking one, while simultaneously still managing to look like a hosed up sex toy:

A lot of these seem to be connected to something called Gua Sha, a type of TCM where you scrape areas of the skin to "release unhealthy bodily matter from blood stasis within sore, tired, stiff or injured muscle areas to stimulate new oxygenated blood flow to the areas, thus promoting metabolic cell repair, regeneration, healing and recovery." It does not have any scientific basis that we're aware of and can potentially cause serious harm.

I don't want to sound sinophobic with any of this, don't get me wrong. I'm sure TCM has its uses, but I do feel like calling it Beating Stick and heavily implying you're supposed to beat someone with it until their pain tolerance maxes out is ill-advised.

Speaking of Gua Sha, found a stick.

It honestly doesn't look bad for scratching your back, but then there is this INCREDIBLY OMINOUS image that suggests heating it to 250 degrees celcius.

I hope that's just for sterilizing it :gonk:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I heard that in parts of Russia there's a tradition of whipping with tree shoots in public baths, supposedly it helps the blood circulation.

I wouldn't be surprised if mild flagellation as a folk remedy is practiced around the world as it's cheap and pain releases endorphins.

That said using a thick solid rod seems dangerous.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

+2 Breast Cancer Awareness Mace

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

quote:

Pretty sure I have one of those dryer balls hanging around somewhere.

Irukandji Syndrome
Dec 26, 2008

By popular demand posted:

I heard that in parts of Russia there's a tradition of whipping with tree shoots in public baths, supposedly it helps the blood circulation.

I wouldn't be surprised if mild flagellation as a folk remedy is practiced around the world as it's cheap and pain releases endorphins.

That said using a thick solid rod seems dangerous.

Most of these had product images showing they're pretty flexible, but yeah, there were a few solid rods in there.

Also hey everybody I found the most scream-inducing thing I've ever seen on Aliexpress! Like genuinely loving horrific!

That's right: it's 2/10/20 PCS Cotton Detox Tampons Medicinal Clean Yoni Pearls Traditional Chinese Medicine Vaginal Treatment For Women
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001107967448.html

You are supposed to jam these up against your cervix! That is what the instructions say!

That's right! Put loving frankincense in there! Hell yeah!

How long did you say to leave it in again?!

Oh sure okay just FOURTY EIGHT loving HOURS

Just in case anyone here isn't familiar, you're not supposed to leave a tampon in for more than 8 hours or you can get toxic shock syndrome.

I know Ali didn't come up with this poo poo, it was probably goddamn Gwyneth Paltrow again, but the idea of getting bootleg detox tampons off Ali makes it so much worse somehow.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Me glancing at the post: "Some new kind of teabags?"
Me going back and reading: :gonk:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

By popular demand posted:

I don't know about public baths and some parts of Russia, but vihtas/vastas are a big part of the luxurious Finnish sauna experience.

Tie up some branches, wet them and go to town. I don't know about the health benefits but the smell is very nice and it feels neat.

And I don't think any NEW DISEASES have ever entered my body afterwards but what do I know, I'm not a TCM guru.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
So instead of shoving something useful and absorbent up there, you use some herbs and spices? There are jokes available about garlic and vampires, blood sausage and eating placentas, but I think it's unnecessary.

Reminds me of the tampons coated in a layer of CBD oil. Still don't know if those work.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

So here's a weird one. I bought a friend's kid some fortnite lego men, and they all have bits in the bags to build... weapons? Structures, maybe? They aren't official in any capacity, and I don't know the first drat thing about fortnite. Any suggestions on where I might find instructions or even just pictures? The store I bought them from is gone, all links dead, and the image is heads-only.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

well, it's a first person survival shooter so the inclusion of weapons should be unsurprising to say the least

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Wonder how many deaths can be directly attributed to AE poo poo like this and the terror tampon above.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I don't think you should fill the tampon tea bag with whatever the gently caress is in that box.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Irukandji Syndrome posted:

Most of these had product images showing they're pretty flexible, but yeah, there were a few solid rods in there.

Also hey everybody I found the most scream-inducing thing I've ever seen on Aliexpress! Like genuinely loving horrific!

That's right: it's 2/10/20 PCS Cotton Detox Tampons Medicinal Clean Yoni Pearls Traditional Chinese Medicine Vaginal Treatment For Women

You are supposed to jam these up against your cervix! That is what the instructions say!

How long did you say to leave it in again?!

Oh sure okay just FOURTY EIGHT loving HOURS

Just in case anyone here isn't familiar, you're not supposed to leave a tampon in for more than 8 hours or you can get toxic shock syndrome.

I know Ali didn't come up with this poo poo, it was probably goddamn Gwyneth Paltrow again, but the idea of getting bootleg detox tampons off Ali makes it so much worse somehow.

Well, that’s one way to sage away the evil spirits

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

goatface posted:

So instead of shoving something useful and absorbent up there, you use some herbs and spices? There are jokes available about garlic and vampires, blood sausage and eating placentas, but I think it's unnecessary.

Reminds me of the tampons coated in a layer of CBD oil. Still don't know if those work.

In Anne Rice's vampire novels, the slave owner cum vampire lestat is known for sucking the menstruation out of a person's orifice. Maybe this is some spiced up vampire roleplay they have going on here?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Mama Mia, that's a spicy yeast infection!

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Snowy posted:

This must feel amazing

I am so mad they use they loving click bait image to sell their thin rear end mat. I want to know how the thick-pillow-feet-gel operate!

https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20210623103244&origin=y&SearchText=water-absorbing+artifact+bathroom+

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.

stephenthinkpad posted:

I am so mad they use they loving click bait image to sell their thin rear end mat. I want to know how the thick-pillow-feet-gel operate!

https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20210623103244&origin=y&SearchText=water-absorbing+artifact+bathroom+
I am "Encyclopedia of bathroom supplies".

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Irukandji Syndrome posted:

I didn’t read all of the ingredients in the image. Are Myrrh and gold also included? As a VERY early gift for a possible messiah?

:barf:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
that seems like a good way to come down with a rare disorder that your doctor has never even seen before.