Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Smugworth)
Do u eat eggs
gently caress off Derpies
What an eggcellent thread
Goku fusion dancing with an egg
CHICKEN CAME FIRST
View Results

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Hey GBS, Derpies #1 Tuglord here. Been noticing a lot of threads turning into Egg talk recently so figured we need a thread for discussing eggs.

Lets start it off with some easy ones:

1) How do you get your eggs?

I myself have 10 chickens and constantly have too many drat eggs and don't even know what to do with them! Can't go back to store bought eggs, its like once you grow your own tomatoes you realize how awful the average tomato/egg is from the store. I will use store bought for baking though, no need to use the good eggs to make a stupid loving cake.

2) How do you prepare your morning eggs

I am a Gordon Ramsay style runnier scrambled egg guy myself. Usually add in milk/cream/creme fraiche depending whats on hand and cheese. Starting to cut back on calories and have been using a spray to cook them instead of tons of butter and tbh havent noticed a huge difference.

3) Brown or white?

I refuse to answer this honeypot question for QCS regulars to someday call racist.

4) What is your favorite egg preparation?

Deviled Egg Salad for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Bring back your egg boxes and leave a couple of bucks in this makeshift booth full of eggs. Now mind the rooster.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

What is your favorite brand and model of ovipositor

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

egg

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Mom's egg's dead body mom's egg's dead body found upside down in baby crib TV episode of Cheers on the television no one home Mom's egg's dead body

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

How many eggs is too many

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Derpies posted:

Hey GBS, Derpies #1 Tuglord here. Been noticing a lot of threads turning into Egg talk recently so figured we need a thread for discussing eggs.

Lets start it off with some easy ones:

1) How do you get your eggs?

We have chickens, a guinea, and ducks. Just, way too many eggs constantly.

quote:

2) How do you prepare your morning eggs

Over hard and chopped into grits, or scrambled with a few fistfuls of spinach and a slice of swiss.

quote:

3) Brown or white?

the blue ones are still really cool to me after years of owning chickens, so blue. or olive.

quote:

4) What is your favorite egg preparation?

like, do I get immunity from death? you mix up a box of Japanese curry paste, make rice, fry some eggplant, etc. Then you get as many quail eggs as you want and hard boil them. Peel them, bread them, and deep fry them. Hock some cheese on it.

I don't know how I didn't die but good lord it was great.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

We have chickens, a guinea, and ducks. Just, way too many eggs constantly.

nice try but guinea pigs don't lay eggs

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

you aren't doing it right then

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsjJ1WWrV20

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guineafowl

we only have a typical spotted one right now but one day: vulturines.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Are my eggs gone, like absorbed back into my body?
I don't even know lol

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
i dont have chickens but it sounds cool having them and having fresh eggs. can i get eggs from my rabbits

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

the egg thread was briefly stickied and now it isn't

what's up with that eggsactly

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:
Good eggs to eat:
Bird
Fish
Reptile
Crustacean
Insect
Monotreme?

Bad eggs to eat:
Mollusc
Spider
Tapeworm
Dimetrodon??

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

The Walrus posted:

i dont have chickens but it sounds cool having them and having fresh eggs. can i get eggs from my rabbits

Only at easter and make 100 percent sure they're chocolate before diving in

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

The Walrus posted:

no, your rabbit eggs come out shaped like rabbits, but they are also delicious eating. if you can keep rabbits, you can probably keep quail and those do indeed offer eggs.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I liked poached eggs best. I tend to not like to put things in my eggs. Cheese in scrambled eggs sometimes, but I don't care much for omelets or frittatas. Other stuff just gets in the way of the taste of the eggs. There are a couple of exceptions. For example, I love a fried egg on a burger.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Spinz posted:

I don't even know lol

You might have to ask the lady thread about your monthly on that, as a suburban egg eating dad I have to stick to my gimmick and feign complete ignorance in the functions of the female body.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

I think she means Italians.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
The best eggs I ever ate were in New Zealand. Every egg (even store bought) just had a deep orange gold yolk and the butter was also very on point.

Weka posted:

I think she means Italians.

Please don't give ammo to the other forums to call us Anti-Roman. I am sure even if fluffy bunny meant Italians they let them run free on the farm land and are fed only the highest quality gabagoo.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Derpies posted:

Please don't give ammo to the other forums to call us Anti-Roman. I am sure even if fluffy bunny meant Italians they let them run free on the farm land and are fed only the highest quality gabagoo.

The only Italians I want laying eggs for me are these: https://moonridgefarm.co.uk/shop/poultry/quail/italian-quail/

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifgEjv27fe0

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

The Cadbury Egg is the creamiest of eggs

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Anything can lay an egg if it tries hard enough. Anything.

sporkstand
Jun 15, 2021
What is egg??/

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

sporkstand posted:

What is egg??/

i have the same question about anime

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Spinz posted:

I don't even know lol

I have them

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Once shot a man just to watch him lay egg.

It was brown

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

uh did you ever notice that eggs smell like farts? it's because it's not actu8ally a chicken ovum, it';s a solid form of farts it's actually a chicken fart. did you know that

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ItwVkNsL8w

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Anything can lay an egg if it tries hard enough. Anything.

And now my chinos are ruined

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Sunny side up eggs are the best for breakfast.

Non breakfast is a toss up between deviled eggs and egg salad.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Xaintrailles posted:

Dimetrodon??

Dimetrodon eggs have never been discovered so I guess it's unknown if they laid eggs or not.

Derpies, as to New Zealand eggs, chickens here are fed something or other to make the yolks yellow. I presumed America of all places would do the same, but I guess you can only go so far in dyeing egg yolks via the digestive system.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

You may keep them. I advise against procreation.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Weka posted:

Dimetrodon eggs have never been discovered so I guess it's unknown if they laid eggs or not.

Derpies, as to New Zealand eggs, chickens here are fed something or other to make the yolks yellow. I presumed America of all places would do the same, but I guess you can only go so far in dyeing egg yolks via the digestive system.

Whatever eggs I had didn’t have the same fake yellow as American ones then. They were all so delicious. What your fellow kiwis told me was the way chickens raised is way different.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i have 8 bantam chickens who are pumping out the eggs, they are in all the different colors. i have 4 scrambled for lunch with bacon, or 4 fried with scrapple (they're small so it's basically like 3 normal eggs).

when scrambling, add salt and pepper and scramble in the pan and cook over low heat, scraping the bottom as it cooks to gently mix it up and turn it over, until it's barely not too wet anymore

when frying, use a small pan and cover with a lid and use very low heat until the top white is barely cooked

bacon grease is involved both ways of course. if you time it right and use the right heat the meat, eggs and toast are all done at the same time

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
I don't usually eat eggs for breakfast, but when I do, it's either just straight-up fried, soft boiled, or put into a sandwich with some cheese.

Eggs are good to bind together things like meatballs or help breading stick to schnitzel. And they're an important ingredient of many baked goods. Without eggs, quiche seems kind of meaningless.

Adequate supplies of eggs can be found in many commercial establishments, and without going to the trouble of having to keep alive a group of birds with crazy, crazy eyes.

More information about eggs can be found at the National Agricultural Library Beltsville, Maryland.