Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
very unsuccessful costco trip today. they didnt have the colombian coldbrew nor the mini-quiches i needed. they had some replacement columbre coldbrew thing but theyre a mix of plain and flavored mocha and vanilla. no thank you. got my dog and left.

self serve condiments are back at my 'co but only ketchup and mustard. one small step in the right direction i guess ??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

Gaius Marius posted:

All that poo poo is pure marketing BS. I don't think there's a single Keto Snack that Costco sells that actually is low carb

Yeah there's also inconclusive evidence that many of the non-sugar sweeteners they use in those things have the same effect on blood sugar as regular sugar does.

Also watch out for seasoning mixes, a lot of them have sugar in them too, I was surprised to find Traegers garlic chili rub had sugar as it's second listed ingredient. I've taken to only uses spice mixes I make myself from component spices, some of which can be purchased at church for great prices.

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

durrneez posted:

oooh, i gotta try these now. do the Yasso bars come in a variety pack at costco?

I don't think so - I've only seen 15 packs of individual flavors.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

binge crotching posted:

Does your Costco not offer the gas dongles? It is faster than using a card, and you still get the gas percent back.

I've never seen this.

The pumps here in Colorado now have a tap to pay sensor, and I just tap the credit card which both authorizes me as a member and registers for payment.

Also now if I pick up the pump and press the button right after I pay it will just start pumping, and ask if I want a receipt later.

Omg plus there's no car wash or anything, it's literally faster and better than pumps have ever been.

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I just put money in the Magic Fingers!

candystarlight posted:

Any recommendations for low carb foods from Costco?

My dad was recently diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes and so my mom and I are trying to fill the house with better options for him.

As many people mentioned you have to be careful when buying premade snacks because of hidden things but you can buy lots of ingredients for cheap (er) to make your own like almond flour.

I'm not keto, just low carb so ymmv. I do buy their keto bread/buns, snack mix, and granola. They also have carry Whisps parmesan crackers, and those ice cream bars. You can't go wrong with buying good butter, meat, and veggies.

MarxCarl
Jul 18, 2003

binge crotching posted:

Does your Costco not offer the gas dongles? It is faster than using a card, and you still get the gas percent back.

Only available in California, Hawaii, and Washington
https://www.costco.com/costco-pay.html

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

crumb by crumb in this big black forest

Are Kirkland kitchen trash bags good n’ sturdy? I’m always nervous trying new brands of trash bags because the last thing I want are cheapshit bags that fail spectacularly.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Yeah

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

durrneez posted:

oooh, i gotta try these now. do the Yasso bars come in a variety pack at costco?

If you're unsure on buying a Costo size pack of one flavor, Yasso does make small packs of about 4 bars that they sell to regular grocery stores.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

BadSamaritan posted:

Are Kirkland kitchen trash bags good n’ sturdy? I’m always nervous trying new brands of trash bags because the last thing I want are cheapshit bags that fail spectacularly.

They're the best loving trash bags you can buy.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

BadSamaritan posted:

They are fine for most things but do not hold 30 lbs of kitty litter very well, don't ask how I know this

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

MarxCarl posted:

Only available in California, Hawaii, and Washington
https://www.costco.com/costco-pay.html

I thought for sure it would be all over the country by now, but I guess one of the perks of living in Seattle is we get to try everything earlier.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I see Kirkland and I know I'm getting quality. :colbert:

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Chinatown posted:

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

I'm like a day late on this catching up but Grillos are the best pickle, maybe the best food, known to man. You all should thank the lord or rng or whatever you believe in that you get to enjoy such a special treat.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

vaginite posted:

I'm like a day late on this catching up but Grillos are the best pickle, maybe the best food, known to man. You all should thank the lord or rng or whatever you believe in that you get to enjoy such a special treat.

tell me you've never got a deli sandwich without telling me you've never got a deli sandwich

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Chinatown posted:

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

My brother used to throw away stuff in a trash can without trash bags and it lead to some of the worst mess I have ever gotten the pleasure to smell.

To this day I can't stand the idea of not using a bag. For over the last decade I have always had at least a roll of costco trash bag. They are awesome. It great to never worry about running out. I take them out on beach day and put everything sandy in the bag. They tend to be strong enough to be used as a trash bag after. Thanks for listening to my Ted talk.

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

pentyne posted:

tell me you've never got a deli sandwich without telling me you've never got a deli sandwich

What does a deli have to do with jarred pickles you put in your fridge? Are you telling me I need to construct a sandwich to decide if a pickle is good? I like grillos only because I haven't properly reubened my palate?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It comes with the sandwich

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
i never travel w/o bringing 3-5 heavy duty trash bags. the greatest weight to usefulness ratio for basically any industrialized product

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

bob dobbs is dead posted:

i never travel w/o bringing 3-5 heavy duty trash bags. the greatest weight to usefulness ratio for basically any industrialized product

Duct tape

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

Gaius Marius posted:

It comes with the sandwich

Oh I get it, sorry I've never been to a deli on account of liking grillos. Do they make the pickles in house like artisans or do they get them from a big rear end 5 gallon bucket sorta like the ones you can buy in jars at costco?

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Spinz posted:

Duct tape

Luckily costco has both!

Make sure you also bring a shovel, bleach, and a saw in your car as well. You never know when you might need it.

RocketLunatic
May 6, 2005
i love lamp.
Low carb stuff:

My wife has Type 2 as well.

We love the cauliflower pizza at Costco. Very reasonable and good. It’s on sale right now.

Obviously, hummus and salads are great as well as bulking up on salmon (from Norway) and other various meats.

Costco briefly had konjac noodles which were a great alternative to other noodles.

There are keto snack options but they aren’t always great. Almond flour is good though.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Spinz posted:

Duct tape

is heavier

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Pump the brakes a bit there, Dexter

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

I'm gonna be having a housewarming in a bit and I'm trying to refrain from making a Google Sheet that finds the breakeven point where hiring a Lugg to deliver Costco pizzas becomes worth it compared to ordering multiple extra large pizzas from another local good pizza place

It's $54 flat for Lugg to do a "furniture delivery" and $10 per Costco pepperoni, so probably like four pizzas makes it edge out local joints and the bonus being it's Costco pizza

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Chinatown posted:

New thread title

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar

Knot My President! posted:

I'm gonna be having a housewarming in a bit and I'm trying to refrain from making a Google Sheet that finds the breakeven point where hiring a Lugg to deliver Costco pizzas becomes worth it compared to ordering multiple extra large pizzas from another local good pizza place

It's $54 flat for Lugg to do a "furniture delivery" and $10 per Costco pepperoni, so probably like four pizzas makes it edge out local joints and the bonus being it's Costco pizza

Whenever possible don’t participate in the gig economy.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

n8r posted:

Whenever possible don’t participate in the gig economy.

True

Plus SF has some absolutely incredible pizza

lostleaf
Jul 12, 2009
If your Costco has it, they have this amazing cauliflower rice stir fry from the tattooed chef. Great for easy low carb base. Normally I hate cauliflower rice.

https://tattooedchef.com/products/organic-riced-cauliflower-stir-fry

They had a half off coupon just expire unfortunately

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Keto friendly options?

May I introduce you to the ROTI CHICKEN :blastu:

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Don’t forget your lye as well.

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

crumb by crumb in this big black forest

Shwqa posted:

My brother used to throw away stuff in a trash can without trash bags and it lead to some of the worst mess I have ever gotten the pleasure to smell.

Ok- and I’m going to sound like my parents here- was he raised in a barn?

Anyway it sounds like trash bags are a go. Thank you thread. Looking forward to my Costco trip today.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

This explains why you thought that paying someone $50+ to deliver pizza made any amount of sense

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255
I went to Costco last weekend. Ate a few samples from the nice ladies. Even spotted the condiment cart by the food court on the way out. Nature is healing.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

applied for the church Citi card and got denied :cry:

apparently all the credit checks for buying a house did me dirty. wonder how long i'll have to wait

Behotti
Apr 30, 2008
Fun Shoe

Johnny Truant posted:

applied for the church Citi card and got denied :cry:

apparently all the credit checks for buying a house did me dirty. wonder how long i'll have to wait

I am not a financial advisor but, I believe Hard pulls (ones that show on your credit report as an inquiry) can last about 2 years on there... but assuming you do the normal "good" credit stuff, you should rebound a bit in not too long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Behotti posted:

I am not a financial advisor but, I believe Hard pulls (ones that show on your credit report as an inquiry) can last about 2 years on there... but assuming you do the normal "good" credit stuff, you should rebound a bit in not too long.

yeah that sounds about right. we switched lenders after the first already did a hard pull, so i'm guessing that's why? gonna call Citi to see if i can explain whats up, i really want my church keycard!