Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
I think they waited till today on account of the school holidays and I'm sure gladys really doesn't want to do the whole online learning thing once again cause apparently that kills the economy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Dr. Garbanzo posted:

I think they waited till today on account of the school holidays and I'm sure gladys really doesn't want to do the whole online learning thing once again cause apparently that kills the economy

I'm sure they waited so people had plenty of opportunity to travel before a full-scale lockdown.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Sweet so I can't leave my house til midnight Friday 9th.

So I cant check in to my accomodation at the snow on the Friday and my brothers lift tickets are still valid for sat/sun.

Nice! Thanks Gladys. You stupid oval office. Two weeks too late.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

That might be the first time someone had used our word to address a woman ITT. Justifiable.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Lockdown BOFA

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yW3JrHH6Zc0

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

well why not posted:

That might be the first time someone had used our word to address a woman ITT. Justifiable.

I normally don't but she absolutely is being one.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
Police are going to use number plate recognition technology to bust people ignoring the stay at home orders.

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010

Lolie posted:

Police are going to use number plate recognition technology to bust people ignoring the stay at home orders.

just sit at the bottom of lapstone hill and hand out fines like they're going out of fashion.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Dr. Garbanzo posted:

just sit at the bottom of lapstone hill and hand out fines like they're going out of fashion.

This is what they do normally

I don't have much faith in numberplate recognition after my car was driven to the snow and back past twenty highway patrol with no stop while my license was suspended last year.

I wasn't driving, but they never stopped us. The cars/sensors are supposed to tag you within a second.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
If they think they'll be out of this lockdown in just two weeks, they're loving delusional. Especially as they didn't stage-4 this thing like they should've two weeks ago. You poor bastards are in for the long haul trying to stamp this one out.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
I was at Woolies doing my weekly shop when the lockdown was announced.

It went from 0 to very loving stupid reallll quick.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Raged posted:

I was at Woolies doing my weekly shop when the lockdown was announced.

It went from 0 to very loving stupid reallll quick.

I was fortunate enough to have ordered my groceries on Thursday night. I was worried about whether everything in the order would come today given yesterday's announcement. Fortunately, everything was in my order. I picked up a few more things when daughter and I went down the road this morning. People didn't seem to be panic buying when we were there before 12, but I'll guarantee that changed in a heartbeat once the full lockdown was announced.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

We've got our poo poo sorted for food. Based garden havers unite

Also we have a shitload of dried beans if we really need to get that desperate

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Still waiting to hear back from boss about Monday.

I've said I want to go in for a few hours to sort out some poo poo for EOFY, and then asked for WFH.
If they don't offer WFH, I'm not going in. gently caress it.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Condolences to Sydney, if it gets big like you guys think it'll prolly end up down here anyway.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

EoinCannon posted:

Condolences to Sydney, if it gets big like you guys think it'll prolly end up down here anyway.

We dragged rear end because the NSW playbook has been "Do contact tracing", which to be fair has worked well in the past, it just wasn't 'designed' to deal with how quick Delta spreads.
The tracing can't keep up with the spread, we should have locked down sooner, and it feels like it was delayed to keep inline with school holidays.

Looking forward to all the fuckwits who cock this up for other states by not staying home. Some dickhead on the news last night getting onto a plane was "well I'll just take my chances to see if I get in" STAY HOME! gently caress!

Aware
Nov 18, 2003

Laserface posted:

Sweet so I can't leave my house til midnight Friday 9th.

So I cant check in to my accomodation at the snow on the Friday and my brothers lift tickets are still valid for sat/sun.

Nice! Thanks Gladys. You stupid oval office. Two weeks too late.

:jackbud:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Infinitum posted:

We dragged rear end because the NSW playbook has been "Do contact tracing", which to be fair has worked well in the past, it just wasn't 'designed' to deal with how quick Delta spreads.
The tracing can't keep up with the spread, we should have locked down sooner, and it feels like it was delayed to keep inline with school holidays.

Looking forward to all the fuckwits who cock this up for other states by not staying home. Some dickhead on the news last night getting onto a plane was "well I'll just take my chances to see if I get in" STAY HOME! gently caress!

The Sydney playbook sucks TBH. Realistically you need to slam that lockdown button immediately along with contact-tracing, because otherwise by the time you've traced a potential case they've spent days wandering around half a city through random eateries, shops, and cinemas.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
New South Wankers stay away from Canberra. Particularly the airport.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Boss is telling me to come to work, and they not offering WFH

gently caress sake.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Infinitum posted:

gently caress sake.
Your boss sucks

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Infinitum posted:

gently caress sake.

From what I've been reading, they must let you WFH if it's possible for you to do so. They can only require essential employees whose job cannot be done from home to be on-site. Daughter was at the pub when lockdown was announced. They told patrons they'd be closing at 6 and staying closed for the entire lockdown period.

Police actually came into the pub while daughter was there to check they were complying with the rules.

Lolie fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Jun 26, 2021

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Lolie posted:

From what I've been reading, they must let you WFH if it's possible for you to do so. They can only require essential employees whose job cannot be done from home to be on-site.

That tends to be at the discretion of the employer, and employers like having their staff where they can be seen looking busy.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Lolie posted:

From what I've been reading, they must let you WFH if it's possible for you to do so. They caen only require essential employees whose job cannot be done from home to be on-site.

My mate's crazy boss kept people coming into the office all through lockdown in Melbourne last year. They dobbed him in a bunch of times and he just hasn't paid the fines. Finance tech startup with an office in the CBD.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

bowmore posted:

Your boss sucks

Yup. They just announced a bunch of new sites, and I was legitimately near one of them.

So gently caress it I'll just say I went there, then use these 14 days to start applying for a new job. I said it earlier that I have basically gone to work every day since the pandemic started, and now when we're in lockdown, and they CAN offer WFH (but don't), they can 100% get hosed.

"People will just have to wear masks inside"
EXCEPT THEY loving DON'T.

Over it. Absolutely loving over it.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Lolie posted:

From what I've been reading, they must let you WFH if it's possible for you to do so.

They offer it to certain employees, so they 100% have the capability - they're just not offering it to me. My job can be done remotely.

If you have a link I'd appreciate it.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

This is why we need a clear definition of 'Essential Worker'

Me sitting on my rear end punching in invoices and quoting orders is not essential

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Infinitum posted:

then use these 14 days to start applying for a new job.

indeed.com, seek and linkedin good luck, at least the job market is pretty hot right now.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Infinitum posted:

They offer it to certain employees, so they 100% have the capability - they're just not offering it to me. My job can be done remotely.

If you have a link I'd appreciate it.

I think it was in one of the Guardian articles. I will keep looking for it. It doesn't seem to be mentioned in todays public health order.

edit

There was a public health order requiring employers to allow employees to wfh where practicable but it was repealed in January.

quote:

Returning to the workplace

The public health order requiring employers to allow employees to work from home (where reasonably practicable) no longer applies.

As employees return to the office, workplaces are encouraged to have COVID-19 Safety Plans in place.

Employers are encouraged to stagger staff starting and finishing times to reduce the impact on public transport.

Follow the latest guidelines for wearing a face mask.

https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/safe-workplaces/employers/working-from-home

Lolie fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Jun 26, 2021

Mne nravitsya
Jul 14, 2017

State of Origin in Brisbane tomorrow will be interesting, if enough people (some I know from NSW who already went up to Bris a few days ago) pack the stadium and one of them has it.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

I passed up a bucks weekend for this loving lockdown so at least you know it's not gonna spread through the pubs and strippers of Brisbane :anime:

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Round up anyone in blue and arrest anyone who asks for a middy in the pubs

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

quote:

Health Minister Brad Hazzard foreshadowed a health order which will set out to employers a requirement that employees should work from home if possible.

“Employees, if possible, should be working from home. That’s a clear requirement to stop the movement around our communities,” he said.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/what-are-the-covid-19-restrictions-for-the-greater-sydney-lockdown-20210626-p584ig.html

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

People always know I'm not a NSW local because I refuse to ask for a "middy" always a pot or schooner

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Crossroads Hotel is an exposure site again

:sickos:

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!

McSpergin posted:

People always know I'm not a NSW local because I refuse to ask for a "middy" always a pot or schooner

Ask for a pint instead ya pindick

Aware
Nov 18, 2003

McSpergin posted:

Sames. I default to asking for a pint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

spaceblancmange posted:

Crossroads Hotel is an exposure site again

:sickos:

Not just that, but I think we can call bingo on this one - there's a Bunnings as well.