Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Sandwolf posted:

It’s so humid in Boston I can think good

Voodoofly posted:

Question 1: are you scum?
Question 2: what is your read on AC since it seems like half his posts reference you?

You didn't answer this and I don't want it to get lost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Sorry, @sandwolf

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

tpink

soluslunes

What are your day 1 thoughts, you haven't made any posts all day.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Nope

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

PlasticAutomaton posted:

I think anyone who can claim a super town read based on 0 actual information and a handful of gut feelings is probably scum because that's just not nearly enough information.

Who, from this, do you think is scum?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Rhymes With Clue posted:

After 15 minutes of careful consideration my D1 suspect list is t a s t e, GulagDolls, Jon Joe, Gay for Gacha, and Somberbrero (who can be removed from the list if he explains the funny joke to me) (maybe)

This will change!

I will put it in a better format

t a s t e
GulagDolls
Jon Joe
Gay for Gacha
Somberbrero

##vote Rhymes With Clue

Reads without reason.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

merk posted:

##vote Rhymes With Clue

Reads without reason.

It’s strange agreeing with merk but here I am.

##vote RWC

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Quoting multiple posts on phone sucks but clues responses to toalp are arguably even worse. When asked to back up those scum leanings they basically says townie things that their suspects have done rather than why they found them scum in the first place.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

gay for gacha posted:

tpink

soluslunes

What are your day 1 thoughts, you haven't made any posts all day.

i got some bad news for you

tpink will probably never actually show up to post

solus is 50/50

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Toalpaz posted:

its humalong because humalong is probed and it would b efunny to vote humalong ##vote humalong

if someone calls this out as bullshit logic they're scum team defending him

you are a coward, attempting to strike me down while i was silenced for being right

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

merk posted:

Who, from this, do you think is scum?

Kashuno, Sandwolf, and B-Minus just immediately latched onto the AC/Somb town on town theory right off the bat. Kashuno in particular immediately turned around and voted Sandwolf for agreeing with them , but actually providing more context for their theory based on actual play experience, so if I had to shoot one of them, I'd say Kash.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Mr. Humalong posted:

you are a coward, attempting to strike me down while i was silenced for being right

:cry:

##unvote I'm only sorry it didn't work!!

gay for gacha posted:

You didn't answer this and I don't want it to get lost.

only scum would answer a question like this day one

merk posted:

##vote Rhymes With Clue

Reads without reason.

yeah i can see it

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

How many new players are in this game? I haven’t played in a couple months and even then I don’t consider my last few games worthy of saying I participated

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I think AC is town right now but I’ve been burnt on that one before.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

##unvote Bumalong

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

I think AC is town right now but I’ve been burnt on that one before.

Interesting. I’m pretty neutral on AC right now, their posts read (to me) like they want to be seen as trying rather than explicitly hunting scum. But it’s still kinda early and I need to reread at some point.

Maybe.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
I don’t trust bif or inf

##vote rhymes

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Mr. Humalong posted:

Interesting. I’m pretty neutral on AC right now, their posts read (to me) like they want to be seen as trying rather than explicitly hunting scum. But it’s still kinda early and I need to reread at some point.

Maybe.

Rereading is for cowards

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

b-minus1 posted:

I don’t trust bif or inf

##vote rhymes

I agree, you can’t trust Australians

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

I agree, you can’t trust Australians

I can't believe you'd disparage the memory of Steve Irwin with hateful comments like this.

I'm going to bed in protest.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Kashuno, Sandwolf, and B-Minus just immediately latched onto the AC/Somb town on town theory right off the bat. Kashuno in particular immediately turned around and voted Sandwolf for agreeing with them , but actually providing more context for their theory based on actual play experience, so if I had to shoot one of them, I'd say Kash.

I did not vote sandwolf for agreeing with me?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Idle Amalgam posted:

##vote sandwolf

this is where my heart is at if we want to pretend like it's not joke phase still. Where I didn't like the handwave somb/ac look like town for the reason that I don't think it is wise to try and clear players d1, I didn't find it suspicious due to lack of meta which is what sandwolf did. I think anyone can infer town fight feelings regardless of meta affiliation with a player.

I think wolf looked for an easy setup with Kashuno that no one really agreed with.

Kashuno said I think 2 players are town and wolf goes, you're scum because you don't have meta reasons for thinking that, but really everything is predicated on their in thread conversation so I don't see the correlation and it looks like an easy early scum push.

This is the best argument I see reading back. The last paragraph lays it out pretty well. ##vote Sandwolf

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

b-minus1 posted:

I don’t trust bif or inf

##vote rhymes

Ok binus seems to be getting more in his groove by now (despite making a bad call on me, this is not unusual for him)

##unvote

Inf is definitely going on the list. I was waiting for him to make some posts all day, eager to start sussing out if he was actually scummy or not, but thought "ok maybe Inf doesn't start posting as early as I do"

"ok maybe Inf can't post during work as much as I do"

"ok maybe Inf just wants to relax after work and that pitiful showing is cause he'll post more in the late evening"

Now I woke up and nope

##vote Inf

Oh and I love how his theory is scumdoc is trying to get him turboed, when he's actually got very little attention. If anything, scumdoc is prolly trying to keep quiet on him and hoping no one remembers he exists

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Well, I’m glad bif is willing to report on the levels of attention in scumdoc ##vote bif

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Somberbrero posted:

This is the best argument I see reading back. The last paragraph lays it out pretty well. ##vote Sandwolf

Somber this is unbefitting you. Why do you think I’m scum?

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Idle Amalgam posted:

##vote sandwolf

this is where my heart is at if we want to pretend like it's not joke phase still. Where I didn't like the handwave somb/ac look like town for the reason that I don't think it is wise to try and clear players d1, I didn't find it suspicious due to lack of meta which is what sandwolf did. I think anyone can infer town fight feelings regardless of meta affiliation with a player.

I think wolf looked for an easy setup with Kashuno that no one really agreed with.

Kashuno said I think 2 players are town and wolf goes, you're scum because you don't have meta reasons for thinking that, but really everything is predicated on their in thread conversation so I don't see the correlation and it looks like an easy early scum push.

i feel like people aren't really understanding what sandwolf was saying tbh. I also think it's weird to just look at AC (AC SPECIFICALLY...somehow this got twisted into just, general meta arguments, but it's about AC's meta) and go 'town' from that interaction. I feel this way because when AC was grilling me for claiming cult leader LAST game we played in, I had to ask a bunch of questions to try to get to the root of what they were thinking, why they thought that, why it didn't apply to other players, etc. Their reaction is very similar here, which is why I don't feel bad about them, but if you haven't really given AC's thought process enough examination/thought, the 'town' reading doesn't seem like it would come at all easily as it did to kash.

idk. meh on kash still, but it's very clear for me where sandwolf is coming from.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

t a s t e posted:

Well, I’m glad bif is willing to report on the levels of attention in scumdoc ##vote bif

thanks for keeping jokephase alive mate

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

thank you Gulag, a thing that's been pinging me about Kash is they keep going "Sandwolf says I have no meta knowledge" when that was never the case. Like Gulag said, I was bewildered by people getting a town read from AC when I feel like their early D1 is extremely superficially scummy.

Kash and Somber trying to keep pushing past that and changing the goalposts and turning it back around on me aren't good

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

GulagDolls posted:

i feel like people aren't really understanding what sandwolf was saying tbh. I also think it's weird to just look at AC (AC SPECIFICALLY...somehow this got twisted into just, general meta arguments, but it's about AC's meta) and go 'town' from that interaction. I feel this way because when AC was grilling me for claiming cult leader LAST game we played in, I had to ask a bunch of questions to try to get to the root of what they were thinking, why they thought that, why it didn't apply to other players, etc. Their reaction is very similar here, which is why I don't feel bad about them, but if you haven't really given AC's thought process enough examination/thought, the 'town' reading doesn't seem like it would come at all easily as it did to kash.

idk. meh on kash still, but it's very clear for me where sandwolf is coming from.

Goddamn this much of a seriouspost from Gulag requires paying attention

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

tbh I feel like the 'jon joe replaced out because scum' case is pretty strong...........................

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Yeah I still don't feel great about Kash. He feels like scum annoyed at someone being right for the wrong reasons.

Of course I never trust Sandwolf either when he sounds like he's making too much sense to me, but Kash feels way more iffy to me overall

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I have never and will never make a joke in a mafia game

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Sandwolf posted:

Kash and Somber trying to keep pushing past that and changing the goalposts and turning it back around on me aren't good

I'm open to being wrong and I'm thinking about what gulag said, but you realize this part is silly yeah?

Sandwolf posted:

thank you Gulag, a thing that's been pinging me about Kash is they keep going "Sandwolf says I have no meta knowledge" when that was never the case. Like Gulag said, I was bewildered by people getting a town read from AC when I feel like their early D1 is extremely superficially scummy.

Re: Kash saying ac and I were town/town

Sandwolf posted:

I agree completely, but I’m not sure you’ve played with them enough to know that.

##vote Kashuno

@Somber: I’ve done this exact thing with AC before, your exact feelings on tone, and I was damned wrong. I’m p sure this is townAC. Let’s look elsewhere.

You can understand the confusion here I hope.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

GulagDolls posted:

tbh I feel like the 'jon joe replaced out because scum' case is pretty strong...........................

I wasn't alarmed by Jon Joe's earlier posts but STONE COLD better come out swinging hey

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

GulagDolls posted:

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i don't think it's silly but I think things are being vaguely worded, assuming you're referring to the 'meta knowledge' thing. sandwolf made the post you quoted, which is pretty specifically about playing with AC, and then this kind of got twisted into "I've played like 35290 games why are you saying I haven't played enough games wtf" or whatever (quoting from memory.) its the expansion from "not sure if you've played enough games with AC to know this" to "not sure if you've played enough games to know this" that sandwolf is referring to.

i feel comfortable answering for another person here because IM SICK OF THIS!!! SLAY JON JOE'S REPLACEMENT IMMEDIATELY

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I mean yeah I'd vote stone cold but it seems a little rude.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Relying on experience playing with someone seems like a good way to get tricked.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

That's why this post didn't sit right with me:

Sandwolf posted:

I have played with AC enough to know that she does this as town, I’ve played with Somber enough to see what he sees. I’m not sure Kashuno knows either of them as players well enough to make so confident of a claim.

RE: Stonecold, are we lunching because inactive or because Jon Jones got read as scum and replaced? I mean, what's the mentality behind me making a small post and then quitting? Anxiety?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

intentionally deviating from your meta to trick someone who's trying to meta read you is really only something that will happen in very niche scenarios in a 3-way on day 9 or something. its also, to be real, something the vast majority of players can't do in an effective way and wouldn't think to bother with in the first place.

scum just replace out more often tbh....... i know because every freaking time i replace into a game i'm on the scumteam