Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

angerbeet posted:

For stuffed peppers I think you're better deconstructing them and just having the filling with a side of peppers you've grilled or sauteed, or raw as a salad if that's your kink. Stuffing doesn't actually do much except making it look like you tried, goddamn it, at least you tried.

That's what my brother calls "pepper stuff" (as opposed to stuffed peppers)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

The Bloop posted:

Look, I'm not "on a diet" I just prefer Diet Coke

:mad:
Same, but also when I am calorie counting of course I'm gonna have the odd gigantic burger or whatever & make up the extra calories on poo poo like just having diet coke instead of regular :mad:

loving weird flex, the whole "diet coke huh :smug:" thing

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Just eat rellenos you loving weirdo northern goons

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Borrovan posted:

Yeah, I've never understood it. Like, no matter how terrible the gigantic pile of food I'm getting is, it has 1,000 fewer calories if I drink a Diet Coke vs a Coke.

A Five Guys burger with a family fries might be a billion calories, but that's still less than a billion and a thousand.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Borrovan posted:

Isn't that basically why Coke Zero exists (and also because it sounds manlier)?

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
It doesn't have a nasty taste, so that's a bonus.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

It's all just flavor for me, I know drinking piles of sugar is terrible for me but I would rather forego having a soda than have to drink artificial sweeteners.

I feel the same about stuff like butter vs. margarine, my body just craves the real, full-flavor, terrible for you stuff. I'll have to eat less of it to avoid some bad effects on my body but I prefer decadence in moderation to more plentiful compromise. But I certainly wouldn't make fun of anybody for making the healthier choice, especially if they enjoy it equally.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
I like the fake stuff. You grow accustomed to it if you lived the poor life! Fake suger me up babbyyyy

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Ror posted:

I feel the same about stuff like butter vs. margarine, my body just craves the real, full-flavor, terrible for you stuff.

Haven't we long established that margarine is much worse for you while still being equally calorific?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

gschmidl posted:

Isn't that basically why Coke Zero exists (and also because it sounds manlier)?

The manly brand was Dr Pepper 10. Coke zero remains the best form of coke.

Ror posted:

It's all just flavor for me, I know drinking piles of sugar is terrible for me but I would rather forego having a soda than have to drink artificial sweeteners.

Why? It's conclusively known that the common artificial sweeteners are fine. Caring about them is the same as caring about loving crystals and 5G in your tapwater. Not liking the taste is one thing but the dreaded aspartame is not going to hurt you, or turn your kids gay.

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 20:46 on Jun 30, 2021

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Why? It's conclusively known that the common artificial sweeteners are fine. Caring about them is the same as caring about loving crystals and 5G in your tapwater. Not liking the taste is one thing but the dreaded aspartame is not going to hurt you, or turn your kids gay.

Yeah that's what I was saying, it's just the taste. It's the other way around, I know that sugar is objectively worse for me.

Ror has a new favorite as of 20:51 on Jun 30, 2021

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Butterfly Valley posted:

Haven't we long established that margarine is much worse for you while still being equally calorific?
Trans fat health discoveries have not been kind to margarine. They've started responding by trying to formulate it out but the name (and taste) have been mud for long enough they have a hill to climb.

But you can generally assume any fat that is room temperature solid is going to be bad for you so your fat goals are vegetable oil and fish.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Wooper posted:

It doesn't have a nasty taste, so that's a bonus.

Personally I can't stand the taste of regular Coke or Zero now that they changed the formula so it tastes like regular Coke instead of Diet

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

drrockso20 posted:

Personally I can't stand the taste of regular Coke or Zero now that they changed the formula so it tastes like regular Coke instead of Diet

:same:

turns out "nasty taste" is subjective

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Diet Pepsi is the best diet drink, but regular Coke is better than regular Pepsi.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
The best diet drink is diet sunkist

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

The best diet drink is diet sunkist

oh word?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
e lol that you can double post by clicking too fast, that's a new one on me, oops.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
oh WORD???????

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

Sekhmnet
Jan 22, 2019

I like diet dr pepper myself, but I haven't seen a 24 pack cube in the store since the pandemic shut downs started. I wish barq's diet had caffeine or I'd probably prefer that.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I mean I'd just drink from a chilled DC tap all day long, in fact that sounds like a good DIY project

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

"Super Fries" are delicious but will also almost always be hideous

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

rydiafan posted:

Yeah, I've never understood it. Like, no matter how terrible the gigantic pile of food I'm getting is, it has 1,000 fewer calories if I drink a Diet Coke vs a Coke.

A Five Guys burger with a family fries might be a billion calories, but that's still less than a billion and a thousand.

A coke isn't a 1000 calories. Are you drinking it by the gallon?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
It's hyperbole but it's still a valid point that a couple thousand calories of burgers and fries is less than a couple thousand calories of brugers and fries + a few hundred from a non-diet conke.

Anyway Diet coke has a nicer more refreshing flavor than coke zero. Coke zero tastes closer to the real coke, but the real coke sucks after you've trained your taste buds to be correct by drinking a lot of diet coke.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Diet Coke isn't supposed to taste like Coke, it tastes like something completely different.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

angerbeet posted:

Diet Pepsi is the best diet drink

Well I always assumed there must be someone out there with this cursed opinion since they make the stuff

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

more falafel please posted:

Diet Coke isn't supposed to taste like Coke, it tastes like something completely different.

yeah, something good.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

The Bloop posted:

Well I always assumed there must be someone out there with this cursed opinion since they make the stuff

"Diet Pepsi okay?"

:pastryno:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Data Graham posted:

"Diet Pepsi okay?"

I have definely just said "NOPE" to that question and gotten water

I actually avoid restaurants that serve Pepsi, all other things being equal. If I'm hungry and thirsty, especially if I'm going to eat something fried or otherwise heavy, I want my diet coke damnit

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
stop drinking so much soda you goons

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
People who have a strong opinion one way or the other on coke/pepsi are loving weirdos.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Butterfly Valley posted:

stop drinking so much soda you goons

No.

It's my one real vice and you can't have it

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

The Bloop posted:

I have definely just said "NOPE" to that question and gotten water

I actually avoid restaurants that serve Pepsi, all other things being equal. If I'm hungry and thirsty, especially if I'm going to eat something fried or otherwise heavy, I want my diet coke damnit

It's like, I don't want to take it out on the server who is in no way responsible for the company's sourcing decisions, but how else will they learn of my important displeasure

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

:hmmyes:

I've certainly cut back on my soda consumption, but it's still a guilty pleasure. Squirt is hands down my absolute fave, makes a great Paloma

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Mymla posted:

People who have a strong opinion one way or the other on coke/pepsi are loving weirdos.

I'm sorry that the fairies stole your tongue when you were a child but I see no reason to pass on this violence.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
if you are a habitual soda addict i feel like you just drink whichever you grew up on, which for me is coke because i am from a part of the country where a lot of the time coke is just a generic term for soda.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
If no Coke Zero, then unsweet tea. If there's no Coke Zero or unsweet tea then that probably means I've made it out of the south and should have something a little more celebratory anyway.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

dog nougat posted:

:hmmyes:

I've certainly cut back on my soda consumption, but it's still a guilty pleasure. Squirt is hands down my absolute fave, makes a great Paloma
Thread-relevant but no pictures: Squirt used to be my absolute favorite too. Until I left an open one behind in the motel room during a Florida vacation with my grandparents when I was like 10.

Mouthful of ants ruined it for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheHomerTax
Dec 26, 2012

That's a high quality avatar right there.

Great, bukkake fries.