Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Vote to threadban Bioshuffle
This poll is closed.
Yes (Goku) 146 85.38%
No (also Goku) 25 14.62%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
That’s actually a super interesting legal case.

Horny Lady 1 publishes a novel about the horny werewolves created by the Supernatural fandom

Horny Lady 2 publishes book based on the same (stolen) ideas as HL1, but HL1 is already rich from book sales and threatens to sue for copyright

Horny Lady 2 says “hey were both using fandom content you don’t own the fandom” and her lawyers were like “technically you are correct but also you are broke and we aren’t gonna work for free” so the First Lady won and basically owns the fandom now by legally bullying anyone else who wants to write about horny Supernatural werewolves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

I went to a Transformers convention in Chicago at this huge hotel by O’Hare where they had other conventions on at the same time including a couple of business ones, and a Supernatural one. I’ve never seen so much flannel on one place.

Rosemont?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

ruddiger posted:

Rosemont?

Hyatt Regency

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Bust Rodd posted:

That’s actually a super interesting legal case.

Horny Lady 1 publishes a novel about the horny werewolves created by the Supernatural fandom

Horny Lady 2 publishes book based on the same (stolen) ideas as HL1, but HL1 is already rich from book sales and threatens to sue for copyright

Horny Lady 2 says “hey were both using fandom content you don’t own the fandom” and her lawyers were like “technically you are correct but also you are broke and we aren’t gonna work for free” so the First Lady won and basically owns the fandom now by legally bullying anyone else who wants to write about horny Supernatural werewolves.

Sounds like a job for the law firm of Smith & Wesson

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Jedit posted:

And the show explicitly calls them out for it. Supernatural is truly one of a kind in that it was able to openly take the piss out of both its most rabid fans and itself without ever losing a beat of popularity. It survived the death of its home network in its first season and a writer's strike in the second to become the longest running SF/F drama in American TV history. It wasn't always good, but it was a bloody miracle.

Didn't it only end because Jensen and/or Jared decided 15 seasons was enough?

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Azhais posted:

Didn't it only end because Jensen and/or Jared decided 15 seasons was enough?

Yeah. The CW execs were basically willing to continue the show forever but the actors wanted to go out on a high note. Which is good because the last season kinda sucked.

Still a part of me is sad I'll never get to see geriatric Winchesters saving people, hunting things.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Don’t discount another wave of nostalgia in 15-20 years and a reunion series à la X Files.

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.
Supernatural namechecks my hometown in the racist truck episode. That's all I have to offer on the subject.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

The_Doctor posted:

Don’t discount another wave of nostalgia in 15-20 years and a reunion series à la X Files.

But this time, they ARE gay werewolves

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Sorry but in 20 years Jared will still have commitments to Walker, Texas Ranger.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

Didn't the Supernatural fandom spawn the "omegaverse" poo poo where all men are werewolves who impregnate each other based on pack hierarchy?

Edit: Yes, yes it did

https://twitter.com/xanalter/status/1264197424844804096

I'm trying to find an update on this case and failing. I know that covid slowed alot of litigation down, but its been more than a year.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Shageletic posted:

I'm trying to find an update on this case and failing. I know that covid slowed alot of litigation down, but its been more than a year.

ALAB (very funny lawyer podcast) covered this in August, so maybe check them out: https://www.alabseries.com/episodes/episode-13-there-will-be-knots

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Or Lindsay Ellis' video story which earned her a lolsuit threat from the Real Original Omegaverse (DO NOT STEAL)'s lawyers.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Looking forward to the spinoff "The Young Winchesters" set 16 years after the events of the last season. Starring Sam's kids, the teenaged Dean and Mary, and the dark horse that is (Jensen) Dean's secret bastard unkowingly following in his dad's footsteps. A horror-dramady about growing up, the sins of the fathers, yada yada, etc.

Hire me CW

The_Doctor posted:

Half human, half angel!

:hmmyes:

itry fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Jun 8, 2021

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

itry posted:

and the dark horse that is (Jensen) Dean's secret bastard unkowingly following in his dad's footsteps.

Half human, half angel!

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Tread carefully, I have patented Apreg

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

itry posted:

Looking forward to the spinoff "The Young Winchesters" set 16 years after the events of the last season. Starring Sam's kids, the teenaged Dean and Mary, and the dark horse that is (Jensen) Dean's secret bastard unkowingly following in his dad's footsteps. A horror-dramady about growing up, the sins of the fathers, yada yada, etc.

Unironically would probably watch this.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Captain Monkey posted:

Unironically would probably watch this.

Heck, same

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Some interesting in-universe stuff coming from the @VoughtIntl twitter account, some of this may be spoilers?

https://twitter.com/VoughtIntl/status/1412803607439699970

lol at the commercial tho

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Sirotan posted:

It was perfect. :discourse:

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
They're goin all in

https://twitter.com/TheBoysTV/status/1412804209909530626

https://twitter.com/TheBoysTV/status/1412831709163253765

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Never seen Fox news except some online clips but I choose to believe that's exactly how it is

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Mu Zeta posted:

Never seen Fox news except some online clips but I choose to believe that's exactly how it is

you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Sirotan posted:

"Don't be a Dreamer!"

"Make sleep great again!"

"Now available in our newest shade of white, milk!"

It's perfect in every way.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Sirotan posted:

Some interesting in-universe stuff coming from the @VoughtIntl twitter account, some of this may be spoilers?

I wonder, how many of Hughies crimes are public knowledge? They said he was responsible for many brutal attacks on the super community, but they claimed Translucent's death was at the hands of El Diablo

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
There is no way in Hell Vought let’s the story break that Tranlucent was murdered in a cage by a normie. The Seven only function if the planet believes they need heroes. If those heroes get punkes by non-supes, then they are useless.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

It works perfectly in the faux-Fox News segment, just a vague "many crimes, so bad" blurb in the middle of Not-Tucker's ramble. It doesn't have to be based on any particular news bit, just that Hughie and Butcher have a connection, and bob's your uncle.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Sirotan posted:

It's a parody of the My Pillow guy ads right?

Also at final line which was a subtle reference to Homelander "outside of work" interests.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Rappaport posted:

It works perfectly in the faux-Fox News segment, just a vague "many crimes, so bad" blurb in the middle of Not-Tucker's ramble. It doesn't have to be based on any particular news bit, just that Hughie and Butcher have a connection, and bob's your uncle.

This. The whole point is that Neumann is clearly a leftist and thus any general suspicion (whether real or fabricated) about her new hire means that Hughie is a Bad Guy.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Shooting Blanks posted:

This. The whole point is that Neumann is clearly a leftist and thus any general suspicion (whether real or fabricated) about her new hire means that Hughie is a Bad Guy.

Which makes his hiring fairly contrived if you think about it.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

etalian posted:

It's a parody of the My Pillow guy ads right?

Also at final line which was a subtle reference to Homelander "outside of work" interests.

Holy crap, I can't wait for the next season.

They keep hitting it out of the park, I'm just waiting for them to do something crappy at this point.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Open Source Idiom posted:

Which makes his hiring fairly contrived if you think about it.

Not really IMO.

Susan Rosenberg has had a pretty successful career as an advisor for several leftist organizations since getting out of prison for that bombing plot.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

I'm still reading through the thread but I was surprised that the only poster who claimed that Neumann was the Exploder was doing it sarcastically. I finished watching through recently but I ended up rewatching that courtroom scene right after it happened (I had to go back after hearing Shockwave died, I must have blinked the first time) and you can see her close her eyes right before the head of the committee's head explodes. I thought it was maybe an acting accident but after the reveal you can go back and see her look at every person who explodes. Especially when she scrambles back in near the end. I wonder if she has a time-delay ability or you can only pop one head every couple seconds in a queue. Either way, I thought it was a fantastic twist because you think she's scared shitless the whole time. On rewatch I noticed that both Raynor and Neumann say "it's a loving coup" (the last thing Raynor says before her mind is blown even further, which Neumann was sure to hear.)

I wonder if she's a long-game Vought plant to worm their way into the government, and I'm curious if Cindy will be involved with her down the line. One explodes, the other implodes; I'd imagine they didn't just introduce Cindy for a half-assed red herring.

FireWorksWell fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Jul 13, 2021

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Lol, The Boys just got nominated for a Best Drama Emmy

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

No loving way it actually got nominated for Never Truly Vanish, the Starlight pop song, in Outstanding Original Music and Lyrics

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rw_OHwI5dUQ

The loving translucent backup dancers holy poo poo

BurritoJustice fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Jul 13, 2021

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

BurritoJustice posted:

No loving way it actually got nominated for Never Truly Vanish, the Starlight pop song, in Outstanding Original Music and Lyrics

Seriously, it should have been A-Train's rap.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

zoux posted:

Lol, The Boys just got nominated for a Best Drama Emmy

In all honesty, looking at the others nominated for the category, The Boys deserves to win.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
If you don't think this is one of the best shows on TV right now then what the gently caress are you watching?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Chairman Capone posted:

In all honesty, looking at the others nominated for the category, The Boys deserves to win.

No kidding, last year was dire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

All I want is a background gag where Stormfront is digitally replaced with Christopher Plummer on a poster for Dawn of the Seven. Don't shoot anything and leave his presence in the "girls get it done" to the imagination.