Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The G-Mart maillot jaune push begins today lads :france:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

paddyboat posted:

Bauke’s great, happy for him

also never forget to trash sram at every opportunity

https://twitter.com/outofcycling/status/1413876106759917572?s=21

Sounds like someone who could use a Campagnolo Super Record gruppo

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Kind of weird the non-UAE teams didn’t do anything to reel in Martin a bit?

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Sounds like someone who could use a Campagnolo Super Record gruppo

That does sound nice tbh

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Yeah that was good work by Guillaume Martin. He looks hilariously french

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.
https://mobile.twitter.com/SRAMroad/status/1413875642974707715

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

StarkingBarfish posted:

Yeah that was good work by Guillaume Martin. He looks hilariously french

He also has a masters in philosophy and is a published author and playwright.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

peanut- posted:

Kind of weird the non-UAE teams didn’t do anything to reel in Martin a bit?
He will probably lose ten minutes+ in the Pyrenees, starting tomorrow.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Tomorrow is probably the last real danger for time cuts for the sprinters, btw, with the flat starts to Saint-Lary-Soulan and Luz Ardiden, I don't see time cuts being likely unless you totally explode.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
In GC, Colbrelli is ahead of G and Greipel is ahead of Froome.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Good lad Bauke

https://twitter.com/BaukeMollema/status/1413920675698446344?s=20

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I feel like theres been more descent finishes than summit finishes this year.

Theres another one tomorrow.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

serious gaylord posted:

I feel like theres been more descent finishes than summit finishes this year.

Theres another one tomorrow.

and bardet didn't even enter.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Tell everyone you made a parcours for Alaphilipe without telling everyone you made a parcours for Alaphillipe.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

https://www.velonews.com/events/tour-de-france/tour-de-france-tadej-pogacars-coach-hits-back-at-doubters-says-rivals-have-yet-to-push-him/

This is an interesting interview that's well worth a full read. Pog's coach says his nuclear attack was actually just him at threshold and that everyone else is poo poo. Quite literally in the sense that Formolo finished with the other GC contenders despite having diarrhoea and only doing 5.8w/kg. Also his other competitors aren't on super record.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Not gonna gently caress with Dr. Inigo

moctopus
Nov 28, 2005

If Froome were still on Ineos, came to the tour as their leader, and Pogacar was one of the GC contenders that was injured, where do you think he'd be in the standings today?

I wonder if he'll recover more/build more fitness.

moctopus fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Jul 11, 2021

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
No way to tell, he'd only be leader if he was at least approaching fully fit, and we don't know what that looks like for him post-injury.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

https://www.velonews.com/events/tour-de-france/tour-de-france-tadej-pogacars-coach-hits-back-at-doubters-says-rivals-have-yet-to-push-him/

This is an interesting interview that's well worth a full read. Pog's coach says his nuclear attack was actually just him at threshold and that everyone else is poo poo. Quite literally in the sense that Formolo finished with the other GC contenders despite having diarrhoea and only doing 5.8w/kg. Also his other competitors aren't on super record.

My guy was just riding at threshold but his threshold is still hitting peak numbers after one of the hardest starts to a tour ever and literally the rest of the top 10 GC riders were 1 w/kg less. Extraordinary recovery is totally normal and shouldn't be thought about too much.

I didn't think Pogs times up the climb were the dodgy thing, the times weren't 'that' insane after all. Its that he felt comfortable enough to gently caress off on a 30km solo attack on a non summit finish stage, and only didn't win because he backed off on the descent. He also hasn't looked in trouble at all, even when the Danish child put a few seconds into him he caught it back up fairly comfortably and despite what people say I think he could have followed him if he wanted to originally. Benefit of having a 5 minute lead.

Its a billion degrees in Andorra today so if he cracks I'll take it all back, but I don't think he will.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Nice Train Jaune

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

nice yellow train.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
FDJ Dropping their own riders in the break.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Bouhanni is 23 minutes behind before they've even started climbing.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
A mountain stage with a relatively normal break margin? Am I even watching the 2021 Tour

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Rip bouhani.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Well that was quick. :rip:

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Lmao Jumbo have announced that they're not riding to support Vingegaard as they don't think he'll be able to stay on the podium to Paris.

What is that team.

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Bintana missing some points there

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Always weird when they put the KOM point before the climb has actually finished.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

serious gaylord posted:

Always weird when they put the KOM point before the climb has actually finished.

My favorite is how one of the hardest climbs in the Alps, the Joux-Plane, turns into a total "gently caress you" false flat before finally actually descending

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
nice worlds largest solar furnace

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
that's no duomo, it's a solar furnace. ha ha.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Nice yellow train

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

HappyCamperGL posted:

nice yellow train.

even nicer in motion.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

peanut- posted:

Nice yellow train

Yeah UAE are controlling this quite well actually.

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

GCN+: all the cycling, no adverts!!

Also GCN+: have we told you how good Whoop straps are? Whoop straps are really great. You should buy when.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Pantsmaster Bill posted:

GCN+: all the cycling, no adverts!!

Also GCN+: have we told you how good Whoop straps are? Whoop straps are really great. You should buy when.

Also look at all the advertisements for our APP if you're watching on eurosport player. Its stretching the 'no ads' thing pretty thin.

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

serious gaylord posted:

Also look at all the advertisements for our APP if you're watching on eurosport player. Its stretching the 'no ads' thing pretty thin.

Are they played on the Eurosport stream too? Might be falling foul of ofcom rules if so

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Pantsmaster Bill posted:

Are they played on the Eurosport stream too? Might be falling foul of ofcom rules if so

GCN & Eurosport are the same company, the Ad free Eurosport stream was ported over to the GCN app and is what they show so its essentially the same thing. So while the TV coverage is on ad break they often chuck in references to the app or its latest features or a documentary that they have on there. Picture in picture stuff.

It is described as 'Ad-free' on the eurosport player site so yes, they probably are. Even before you get into the obvious product placement they're doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Advanced stats are in: