Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Who was from the show, I didn't see anyone. Don't tell me your counting the house, houses ain't people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Tenzarin posted:

Who was from the show, I didn't see anyone. Don't tell me your counting the house, houses ain't people.

Matt Bomer

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Oh the son from hotel. So one actor who was only in 2 seasons and hasn't been in the show for years.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Tenzarin posted:

Oh the son from hotel. So one actor who was only in 2 seasons and hasn't been in the show for years.

Yes, I'm glad we both acknowledge that you were wrong. Can we move on now? 'cause I'm moving on now.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
So American Horror Stories with no returning actors.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Wait so is it definitely no-one or is it one person?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
The rubber s&m suit returned, does that count as a person? It's more of a prop really. Did I mention the murder house is back.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Escobarbarian posted:

Wait so is it definitely no-one or is it one person?

They're trolling, there's one person back in front of the camera so far (and, as far as I can remember, all the writers are Ryan Murphy alums too). Which is pretty much what you'd expect from the show's first full story -- you put any more than one or two in, and you end up creating false expectations.

(Though I was surprised by how well Aaron Tviet fits with the whole AHS thing, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him in something else soon.)

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a36962669/american-horror-story-spin-off-american-horror-stories-cast/

quote:

Highlights include Matt Bomer as Michael, Paris Jackson as Maya, Naomi Grossman as Rabid Ruth, Kevin McHale as Barry, Amy Grabow as Tipper Gore, Danny Trejo as Santa, and Billie Lourd as Liv Whitley.

Promising yet more stars to be announced, Murphy wrote alongside the video: "And this isn't even the half of it," before referring to the list as just "some" of the AHS cast.

Looks like most of the main cast will be on it in some capacity. Not sure why people would expect the spinoff to have the same cast? What would even be the point of the spinoff? :shrug:

The next season of the ~real~ show comes back this fall, for anyone who misses Evan Peters that much...

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Please it's not american horror story with out Evan Peters.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Danny Trejo as Santa is all I need in my life.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a36962669/american-horror-story-spin-off-american-horror-stories-cast/

Looks like most of the main cast will be on it in some capacity. Not sure why people would expect the spinoff to have the same cast? What would even be the point of the spinoff? :shrug:

The next season of the ~real~ show comes back this fall, for anyone who misses Evan Peters that much...

Evan Peters apparently isn't in Double Feature either, haha

GreenNight posted:

Danny Trejo as Santa is all I need in my life.

What? That's loving lit.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

From what I read he's taking a break from AHS. It wears in him.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
He’s apparently over it and coming back this season, is the scuttlebutt.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

He’s apparently over it and coming back this season, is the scuttlebutt.

Oh cool! I couldn't find his name on any of the press releases (though they've not announced late season cast members before).

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
I imagine AHS seems silly and quaint after doing Dahmer and Easttown...

https://www.goldderby.com/article/2021/evan-peters-american-horror-story-double-feature-character/

quote:

Evan Peters tells Gold Derby in our recent interview that those adjectives perfectly describe his “American Horror Story: Double Feature” character (watch above at the 19-minute mark). The new season officially debuts Wednesday, August 25 at 10 p.m. on FX. In addition to Peters, other former “AHS” cast members like Finn Wittrock, Kathy Bates, Leslie Grossman, Billie Lourd, Sarah Paulson, Evan Peters, Adina Porter, Lily Rabe, Angelica Ross and Frances Conroy will also be returning to the fold.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

STAC Goat posted:

I just caught up on Kevin Can F**k Himself and I'm really curious if we ever see the real Kevin. Early on I wasn't sure how to take him. A lovely husband and selfish rear end, sure. But then the episode where Allison opens up to Patty kind of opened my eyes along with hers. The stuff Kevin does in the sitcom format sucks but also gets watered down. But the way Allison describes it in the dark real world suddenly takes a much more sinister tone. Suddenly I'm watching all those sitcom scenes and wondering is Kevin yelling? Is he threatening her? How rough is this? What does Kevin even look like? Its interesting we've never seen his dad or Neil in the real world either. They're this goofy sitcom crew when we see them, but the real world version of that could be so much uglier.

That's obviously the point and the show does a really great job with it. I'm just curious if they every show us reality and I'm really nervous and curious to see how horrible that reality is.

Yeah I watched the first episode and it’s hard to get a handle on how awful he actually is. It’s tough to watch regardless. Kind of makes me want to skip to the finale

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

Right now I'm watching Dr Death on Peacock about surgeon Dr Christopher Duntsch who I guess maimed or killed his patients and it's really horrifying so far. i'm less sensitive to gore and medical stuff than i used to be but i have to keep pausing it because of the surgery noises as he just fucks up someone's spine as everyone else in the OR is all :stonk: around him

enjoying it so far though :shepface:

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

HOLY gently caress posted:

Right now I'm watching Dr Death on Peacock about surgeon Dr Christopher Duntsch who I guess maimed or killed his patients and it's really horrifying so far. i'm less sensitive to gore and medical stuff than i used to be but i have to keep pausing it because of the surgery noises as he just fucks up someone's spine as everyone else in the OR is all :stonk: around him

enjoying it so far though :shepface:

He's a genuine monster; don't read up on his real-life surgeries if you don't want to be even more horrified.

At least I don't think he's eligible for parole for another 20 or 25 years.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

I just read his wiki..... :gonk:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Going through the old watch threads as I rewatch Breaking Bad. This is one and a half seasons before it occurred

What a call

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
https://deadline.com/2021/07/hbo-a24-partner-viet-thanh-nguyens-the-sympathizer-robert-downey-jr-1234793468/

Park Chan Wook directing a Vietnam spy thriller based on apparently awesome source material with RDJ, HBO and A24 involved? This is not a combination I knew I needed, but now I know. Sign me up!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Ah see when I saw ads for “Dr. Death” I assumed it was about Kevorkian.

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

So did I, I was initially a little disappointed when I found out otherwise. This is really hitting all my favorite tv experience emotions of confusion, horror, and intrigue though (sometimes all at once!)

Also the cast is kind of nuts: Joshua Jackson, Alec Baldwin, Christian slater, also Kelsey grammar shows up at some point too

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/ultracitysmiths/status/1416065086741942277?s=21

!!!!!!!!

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

No, please, not another streaming service :cry:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

AMC+ is actually a top tier streaming service because it also gives you access to Shudder and Discovery+.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

It'll be on regular AMC in september, just getting an early release on AMC+.

STAC Goat posted:

AMC+ is actually a top tier streaming service because it also gives you access to Shudder and Discovery+.

I think you mean Sudder and Sundance.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
tired: check out this new streaming service

wired: just paying for youtube premium because everything is on there

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

i've recently gotten access to netflix for the first time in like 3 years. what are the shows i need to watch? pretty interested in any genre so long as the show itself is executed intelligently.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

tired: check out this new streaming service

wired: just paying for youtube premium because everything is on there

I would have never expected it since I'm not a big YouTube guy but just between music and no ads on random stuff I'm linked, I get my value out of YouTube Premium, more than a lot of other subscriptions.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

bull3964 posted:

It'll be on regular AMC in september, just getting an early release on AMC+.

I think you mean Sudder and Sundance.

I forgot Sundance, but I know like two months ago I had Discovery+ with AMC+. But I don't now so I guess that was temporary.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

abelwingnut posted:

i've recently gotten access to netflix for the first time in like 3 years. what are the shows i need to watch? pretty interested in any genre so long as the show itself is executed intelligently.

Dark, a three season science fiction series about a small town in Germany.

Also crosspost from the I Think You Should Leave thread:

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

STAC Goat posted:

I forgot Sundance, but I know like two months ago I had Discovery+ with AMC+. But I don't now so I guess that was temporary.

They are completely different media empires, so if you had both with the same deal it was through some outside provider.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Huh... weird. I know I had Discovery+. I wonder how I got it.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

abelwingnut posted:

I feel like most of the stuff I watch on Netflix now are their cooking or other food-related shows, which range from decent to pretty good. Happy to give some recommendations on those if you're into them. Otherwise, good Netflix shows from the past three years or so, off the top of my head:

House of Flowers
Altered Carbon (at least first season)
Maniac
The Queen's Gambit
Club de Cuervos
Russian Doll
I Think You Should Leave
Magic for Humans
American Vandal

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Chairman Capone posted:

I feel like most of the stuff I watch on Netflix now are their cooking or other food-related shows, which range from decent to pretty good. Happy to give some recommendations on those if you're into them. Otherwise, good Netflix shows from the past three years or so, off the top of my head:

House of Flowers
Altered Carbon (at least first season)
Maniac
The Queen's Gambit
Club de Cuervos
Russian Doll
I Think You Should Leave
Magic for Humans
American Vandal

Cobra Kai and Wayne are must see as well

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Wayne is not Netflix.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

bull3964 posted:

Wayne is not Netflix.

Aww dang, thought it came over with Cobra Kai

Edit - Ah, Prime got it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I watched the new episode of Miracle Workers and really laughed at the part where Daniel Radcliffe explained his horrible horrible past.