Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Napoleon Nelson
Nov 8, 2012

Yup, it was a minor scandal for a few days when I was there. Not sure why that link has a date 6 and a half years after the event though.

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

King Solomon
Jan 20, 2021

Yaldabaoth posted:

That's the look of that one person at every internet meet-up who realizes "Oh god, these people are as hosed up in real life as they are online" for the first time.

I'm more curious about why it's a photoshop to begin with

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTgexUOw6EQ

Augster fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Jul 15, 2021

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
:smugdog:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Space Kablooey fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Jul 16, 2021

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

:yeshaha:

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

No idea what the red circles are supposed to mean

:stonk:

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

in the streets

in the sheets

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

I remember this guy. He was part of some sad group of furries who lived in a trailer park.

Pekinduck
May 10, 2008

Scaramouche posted:

This is an infamous SHSC image of production data being stored on USB drives.

To know why that is such a bad idea I guess you have to be a SHSC poster.

lol that was at some company? I guess it makes for easy grab-n-go during FBI raids.

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka

sebmojo posted:

that would be an amazing avatar if it cycled

A bit late but thanks for the inspiration

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

What in god's name is happening with her spine in that middle panel?

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

my dude has actual cheeto dust on his hands lmao

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

if i remember my goonlore right, someone with the username of pilot was posting a lot of candid pics of actress chloe dykstra on awful yearbook, leading some to believe that this user may have actually been her(?)

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

disembodied pair of legs wearing pajama pants on the couch

Napoleon Nelson
Nov 8, 2012

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

hard counter posted:

if i remember my goonlore right, someone with the username of pilot was posting a lot of candid pics of actress chloe dykstra on awful yearbook, leading some to believe that this user may have actually been her(?)

It was legit. It's not like she was anybody anyone had heard of back then. She was also dating Neil Ciceraga who also used to be a goon.

https://twitter.com/skydart/status/153702381140459520?s=20

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
My favorite memory of Chloe Dykstra on the forums was when she posted a selfie with her arm like not just down at her side (or was it on Awful Yearbook? Did she use that?) and someone unironically was like "you would be pretty hot if you cropped your arm out of this photo"

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
she was posting her nudes in fyad in an attempt to be cool or something

and yeah this was way before anyone knew who she was

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
Who is she?

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.

Ironhead
Jan 19, 2005

Ironhead. Mmm.

A world where Lowtax was offering to give US money?

And a Waffle Images thread. What a world.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Vim Fuego posted:

Who is she?

If only there was some form of distributed global network of computers, a “world wide web”, as it were, that one could search using some form of “engine” to answer basic questions.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Dr. Quarex posted:

My favorite memory of Chloe Dykstra on the forums was when she posted a selfie with her arm like not just down at her side (or was it on Awful Yearbook? Did she use that?) and someone unironically was like "you would be pretty hot if you cropped your arm out of this photo"

She did and she was one of the most commented on posters on that site

bad guy
Jun 20, 2021

rodbeard posted:

It was legit. It's not like she was anybody anyone had heard of back then. She was also dating Neil Ciceraga who also used to be a goon.

https://twitter.com/skydart/status/153702381140459520?s=20

lowtax barely beat out a lot of women, apparently

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
So many gifs that aren't animated that I have to tap on my phone and wait a second to realize "oh it's not gonna move". Why did anyone ever use the image format for something not animated?

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Vim Fuego posted:

Who is she?

She outed Chris Hardwick as a lovely abuser.

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost

Beffica
Apr 6, 2009

by Azathoth

nunsexmonkrock posted:

So many gifs that aren't animated that I have to tap on my phone and wait a second to realize "oh it's not gonna move". Why did anyone ever use the image format for something not animated?
PNG wasn't fully supported in IE6 so it took the internet a long time to adopt. I remember a lot of the late 90s art programs didn't even support it.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

therattle posted:

If only there was some form of distributed global network of computers, a “world wide web”, as it were, that one could search using some form of “engine” to answer basic questions.

I don't have internet access, just SA (forums and frontpage, altho the frontpage hasn't been updated in a year)

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

rodbeard posted:

It was legit.

good to know

while picking an actress that, at the time, was predominantly known for smaller roles would be a strange fake persona to create for SA, this was also back when male goons sometimes pretended to be a regular old Girl, On The Internet for, i dunno, attention or w/e? even a couple years ago someone was outed in pyf for pretending to be a girl in a wheelchair iirc? so i remember there being a little skepticism back then

Vim Fuego posted:

I don't have internet access, just SA (forums and frontpage, altho the frontpage hasn't been updated in a year)

unless you watch a lot of film festival shorts or have a good eye for extras, the average goon would probably know her best as triple h in the youtube video wrestling isn't wrestling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

she was posting her nudes in fyad in an attempt to be cool or something

and yeah this was way before anyone knew who she was

Don't go searching for those. If memory serves, she was underage for at least one of them.

hard counter posted:

good to know
while picking an actress that, at the time, was predominantly known for smaller roles would be a strange fake persona to create for SA, this was also back when male goons sometimes pretended to be a regular old Girl, On The Internet for, i dunno, attention or w/e? even a couple years ago someone was outed in pyf for pretending to be a girl in a wheelchair iirc? so i remember there being a little skepticism back then

Wheelchair girl was a wild ride. That dude really committed for a long time before finally coming clean.