Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

hazardousmouse posted:

I'm a little salty that I invested in a stug riven and forma then the kompressor comes out and does it better

:pwn: i cant tell if this is a joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

cuntman.net posted:

:pwn: i cant tell if this is a joke

Forget Fashion Frame, Stug forma is the real endgame.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

I AM THE MOON posted:

Liches do too

the answer is "summon necramech, hit 4"

The patch notes for the Sister release specifically mentioned how now that they were in railjack they had to retune the damage scaling to stop arquebex from deleting them instantly.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

When I first used the kompressor in a pubbie game, someone asked 'WHO IS USING THE STUG', and I said he was probably mistaken as the kompressor bubbles look like stug goo, but I sometimes use a 4 forma stug. Someone else in the group also said they like the stug sometimes. Stug lyfe.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
New sortie modifier: warframe abilities disabled, stug-only.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

FishMcCool posted:

New sortie modifier: warframe abilities disabled, stug-only.

Fake Edit: Woops wrong thread.

So has melee been nerfed that super hard? I have not played since the update because I am used to playing this game like Dynasty Warriors in space and if they hosed up melee that bad I kinda want to take a break.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Nah not really. Like the numbers are less but it was mega overkill before and now it's regular overkill. I do notice that I have to work harder on grineer 70+ but I blame that on armor scaling.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Mesadoram posted:

Fake Edit: Woops wrong thread.

So has melee been nerfed that super hard? I have not played since the update because I am used to playing this game like Dynasty Warriors in space and if they hosed up melee that bad I kinda want to take a break.

It's more that you mainly want to murder the sisters in this update, but they have the classic DE weird and unexplained damage reduction.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

genericnick posted:

It's more that you mainly want to murder the sisters in this update, but they have the classic DE weird and unexplained damage reduction.

It was explained (to some degree) in the patch notes. But a fast melee should still do okay, just like a high rof gun.

There's some melee weirdness and your sentinel can't carry gladiator mods (or was that the patch before?). Try it and see *shrug*

Admittedly I need to try and remember if any of my guns are good, and if so which ones. Because when poking railjack I was ending up leaning on my heavy attack stropha.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

hazardousmouse posted:

Nah not really. Like the numbers are less but it was mega overkill before and now it's regular overkill. I do notice that I have to work harder on grineer 70+ but I blame that on armor scaling.

That is a comforting to hear. I have a burning feeling some of my slower weapons might need a little love with attack speed.

genericnick posted:

That sounds...fun. I feel that there will be a lot of kiting in my future. Any of their weapons on the same level of bullshit as the Kuva Brahm?

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
You shoulda been doing that anyway cause slow melee feels the worst! :colbert:

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Oh it seems the requiem speedup process wasn't applied to kuva liches and if it was, it is nowhere near the same speed as sister requiems.
Cool.

I don't think this is the case? I generated a Kuva lich for the hek and blew through the murmurs.

I really like the new tenet plasmor. The one mod that adds spread and damage makes it sing.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

hazardousmouse posted:

You shoulda been doing that anyway cause slow melee feels the worst! :colbert:

Slow weapons don't feel great in general to me. Once I made the Kronen Prime I basically never use any other melee weapons. Unless I want to just gently caress around, then I just dust off the shelved ones and try to make a fun build.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
[img]https://imgur.com/a/JG8gnyr[/img]

Someone on Reddit made this handy dandy IMG on why you don't need hornet strike/serration any more

Guilty fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Jul 16, 2021

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Mesadoram posted:

Slow weapons don't feel great in general to me. Once I made the Kronen Prime I basically never use any other melee weapons. Unless I want to just gently caress around, then I just dust off the shelved ones and try to make a fun build.

Not sure that's still working, but for slow melee, bunny-hopping with heavy hammer slam attacks used to be funny, particularly on a dainty frame like Titania. Hammer Fairy best Fairy.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

temple posted:

Its that time again. More Unreal skins https://www.warframe.com/news/unreal-tournament-weapon-bundle-relaunch
PC: Login the Epic Game Store version of warframe
Console: Alerts next week for the skins

https://twitter.com/PlayWarframe/status/1415823560300548098

there's another cross promotion going too
Anyone know anything about that launcher platform?

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

TheParadigm posted:

MK1-Strun? I'm sold!

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

TheParadigm posted:

FYI, this is US only.

Terbulus
Apr 7, 2009

I don't think you can even have a viral heat envoy can you?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
you can apply heat status with the rocket's direct hit since that has impact base damage instead of cold
:goonsay:

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

TheParadigm posted:

I downloaded it on desktop and it says "gently caress you we can't track you enough here, go get the mobile app instead"

e: ok all the rewards are distributed through dumb in-launcher achievements.
in addition to my free mk-1 strun i can "earn" 20% off my next thighstop order from doordash for... launching among us through the omen launcher

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Jul 16, 2021

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Terbulus posted:

I don't think you can even have a viral heat envoy can you?

:confused:

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Yeah, I think I'm missing something here too. I can't see how you couldn't.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

FishMcCool posted:

Yeah, I think I'm missing something here too. I can't see how you couldn't.

Whats the element bonuses bonus?

I played around with it a bit and nothing about the double elements being on the right side works any differently than other innate weapons. (the only wierdness is is it has two elements off to the ride side of the mod screen, which combine if you don't mod for it)

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Yeah i'm not sure what they're talking about, i'm running a pretty sloppy 5 forma setup and it's pretty fun

(40% ish mag, will eventually switch to something else)

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Jul 16, 2021

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

TheParadigm posted:

I played around with it a bit and nothing about the double elements being on the right side works any differently than other innate weapons. (the only wierdness is is it has two elements off to the ride side of the mod screen, which combine if you don't mod for it)

29.5%, lol.

I'm actually considering switching to radiation or magnetic and swapping Rime Rounds for Hammer Shot.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

TheParadigm posted:

Mine is Toxic. If If throw mods in toxic/cold -> cold/toxic -> heat order, then I get Viral + Heat and the innate toxic is added to the Viral.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

https://na.alienwarearena.com/ucf/show/2155571/boards/contest-and-giveaways-global/Giveaway/warframe-thorac-syandana-pack-key-giveaway

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Tried to apply it on my Switch account, got an invalid promo code.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Mesadoram posted:

Tried to apply it on my Switch account, got an invalid promo code.

Well, if anyone is going to play the PC Master Race card, you'd definitely put Alienware in the top list of suspects.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

They sure are giving away a lot of stuff

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
What are people's favorite Moa precepts? I really like this fancy Baro skin.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

FishMcCool posted:

Well, if anyone is going to play the PC Master Race card, you'd definitely put Alienware in the top list of suspects.

One could only hope :smith:

Also here is the code: 60FD-CC67-86A3-D054 Taken

Please say if you took it :colbert:

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Jul 16, 2021

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Mesadoram posted:

One could only hope :smith:

Also here is the code: 60FD-CC67-86A3-D054

Please say if you took it :colbert:

Cheers mate, just redeemed in ship market and got the syandana and resource booster. :tipshat:

edit: just realised that resource boosters double up vitus essence. Got 33 in a single arbitration thanks to you, as it happened to be everyone's favourite grineer farming spot: Hydron (Sedna).

FishMcCool fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Jul 16, 2021

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

FishMcCool posted:

Cheers mate, just redeemed in ship market and got the syandana and resource booster. :tipshat:

edit: just realised that resource boosters double up vitus essence. Got 33 in a single arbitration thanks to you, as it happened to be everyone's favourite grineer farming spot: Hydron (Sedna).

Hot poo poo, nice!

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

Echophonic posted:

What are people's favorite Moa precepts? I really like this fancy Baro skin.

Precepts are fairly limited since you can only equip two. I usually go with Whiplash Mine and Shockwave Actuators to make him a crowd control bot. I'd swap shockwaves for Security Override for spy/rescue missions or with Blast Shield if I'm a low health frame so it isn't getting much benefit from shield/health/armor link.

For weapon, I go with status hellstrum with corrosive. You could use Deth Machine Gun or whichever is your best damage weapon if you prefer.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I got a sister that has almost exactly the same last name as me :stare:

Out of context it doesn't seem like a big deal, haha.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
I don't think it's unusual for your sister to have the same last name as you :v:

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Did someone say Stug? Let me tell you about Stug rivens...

(it's poo poo)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I got a Cycron riven from a buddy shortly before the Sisters' weapons were revealed. So I went, man, I want to like the Cycron and threw a few forma at it. Ended up mulching the Riven. :rip:

The Tenet Spirex is pretty legit. Really fun to use and the sound profile is growing on me.