Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Rutibex posted:

chew on this juicy morsel posted yesterday:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D23b36Kf4S0

Ol' Ben Shapiro, getting wetter from this discussion than his wife has ever been.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
lmao

(just swap reading with watching)

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Rutibex posted:

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Ol' Ben Shapiro, getting wetter from this discussion than his wife has ever been.

That was and probably will always be the most powerful self own in human history

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Seems like it’s a close second to the professor of addiction therapy (I think, right?) turned philosopher who gave himself brain damage by engaging in unsafe detox treatments for his bento addiction. Like, you can’t write that poo poo and have anyone believe it could reasonably happen, unlike a story about a man that looks/sounds like a prepubescent boy being unable to make his partner horny

E. He also had a benzo addiction in addition to his love for teriyaki beef at lunch time

Brother Tadger fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Jun 15, 2021

Sentinel
Jan 1, 2009

High Tech
Low Life

Charles Ingalls posted:

Doctors might be stupid, but critical software should be idiot proof and this sounds like a moronic design

It was not a successful nor particularly bright company.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Juul-Whip posted:

yes he also displayed mood swings and would burst into tears fairly regularly in public, all of this was well before his wife's alleged cancer diagnosis, which he and his daughter claim was the start of his benzo use. I think it was going on a lot longer than that

jorp himself said that he's been suffering from depression since he was 13 (allegedly)

i hate that jorp is back but if his words are to be believed, he's been suffering greatly even out of his beef induced coma, so at least that makes me feel there is SOME justice in this awful world

Rutibex posted:

y'all really have to warn us before you link to videos directly from rightwing channels :argh:

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli

Mac and Cheese posted:

forgive me if this is extremely obvious but i've never heard anyone else say this

jordan's apple cider freakout was almost certainly his first encounter with benzo withdrawal
he had a sudden 'impending feeling of doom' and could barely sleep for a month? yeah, he was definitely on the sauce before he's ready to admit
it's either a paula abdul plane crash style rationalization, or just a coincidence and he actually thought that drinking an apple cider 3 days after quitting xanax almost made him die :chillpill:

His daughter's blog actually tracks with this. They hide it under a story of "all beef diet magic" where it's clear he's displaying early withdrawal signs, one of which is a burst of euphoria as the inhibited chemicals return after a day or so.
And then he mentions trying to counter this with ketamine then going totally cold turkey on both. And with no magic cure to get off it, no doubt he's back on them in an attempt to taper the dosage back down.

And this is well before his wife's cancer diagnostic, which they used as an excuse to explain why he upped the dose. This made him look even more pathetic and seemingly completely dependant on his wife to run his life. A task which has seemingly fallen to his daughter.

Additionally, he's been on some form of SSRI since his wife got fed up with his Cold War paranoia somewhere in the 80s and told him to shape up or ship out. The end of the cold war seemed to have relaxed him before cottoned onto the "Cultural Marixisim / Frankfurt School" conspiracy theory and became convinced The Commies were creeping back in stealth, aided by dead communist philosophers that the Nazis didn't kill.
And as The Times interview revealed he seems to have had a recent diagnostic of a schizoaffective disorder, which would explain much of his rambling prose. I know a few people have commented on how familiar that style of writing was having known similarly affected people.

Hamburger Sandwich
Nov 24, 2007
First lobster gods and now schizo-analysis. Peterson stared into the post-modern abyss to long and became poo poo-Deleuze

Hamburger Sandwich fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Jun 18, 2021

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

Rutibex posted:

always wondered what happened to this kid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvWCdnkPkPE

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Mr Interweb posted:

jorp himself said that he's been suffering from depression since he was 13 (allegedly)

not just crying but like, aggressive outbursts too - I don't think depression does that. his behaviour makes more sense if we assume he was abusing pills the whole time

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
I have to admit I don’t much care for this Jordan Peterson character !!

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Soooo have we reached a consensus yet?

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast

rotinaj posted:

This is a really funny point that is probably correct. Is there more info anywhere about Paula Abdul’s plane crash rationalization? I’ve found a few articles that dig into it, but the situation feels really underreported.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUWE7ibkfds
there's this piece of *airtight youtube journalism*, that's all i really got
it just seems like the same kind of thing to me. the experience was devastating, powerful, and significant to them. they just can't or won't tell the truth of why it happened. and they need to talk about it

Poohs Packin posted:

yeah we decided we actually like the little scamp

Pac and Cheese fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Jun 19, 2021

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Mac and Cheese posted:

it just seems like the same kind of thing to me. the experience was devastating, powerful, and significant to them. they just can't or won't tell the truth of why it happened. and they need to talk about it

yeah we decided we actually like the little scamp

lol neat

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Poohs Packin posted:

Yeah, eat a meat only diet

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Poohs Packin posted:

• If you fart, claim it.
  • Don't be an rear end in a top hat.
  • Having a little schedule/plan for stuff in general is good.
  • Jordan Peterson looks like, sounds like and is a miserable piece of poo poo and I feel like the second he stops being relevant altogether will be a good day to not have to listen to, y'know, a loving twerp who can't even do most of the basic poo poo he preaches about.
  • Shower at least 3 to 4 times a week.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Mac and Cheese posted:

Some of it probably has to be that celebrities know they have to say interesting stuff every time they’re interviewed and after a while it’s probably hard to remember what you made up and what actually happened, especially if you’re hosed up on pain pills all the time and trying to hide it. Hollywood also seems like an environment where truth is open to revision generally and where nobody will contradict you.

There was a similar story about Lucille Ball saying in talk show interviews in the 70s that when she was young in the 40s, she had bridgework done in her mouth that caused her to hear radio broadcasts, which is obviously impossible but probably something she came to believe after telling the story enough times after she made it up one night before going on Merv Griffin 30 years before.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

There was a similar story about Lucille Ball saying in talk show interviews in the 70s that when she was young in the 40s, she had bridgework done in her mouth that caused her to hear radio broadcasts, which is obviously impossible

i don't think that is impossible. have you ever made a crystal radio? its pretty easy to make a radio receiver, even unpowered

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Poohs Packin posted:

I think, on evidence, I'd have to agree that Jordan Peterson is, in fact, back.

Some might argue that he is still in a coma because the words he's saying and tweeting do not represent those of a fully conscious mind, but I don't think anyone has provided sufficient proof to claim that he is less cohesive than his pre-coma self.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I think, on evidence, I'd have to agree that Jordan Peterson is, in fact, back.

Some might argue that he is still in a coma because the words he's saying and tweeting do not represent those of a fully conscious mind, but I don't think anyone has provided sufficient proof to claim that he is less cohesive than his pre-coma self.

jordan peterson is a philosophical zombie

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Rutibex posted:

jordan peterson is a philosophical zombie
That would imply that he's into picking through someone else's brains, when he seems to be all about his own noggin's droppings.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Wark Say posted:

That would imply that he's into picking through someone else's brains, when he seems to be all about his own noggin's droppings.

What a poo poo-for-brains

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

Wark Say posted:

the dude has an all-meat diet now - he lives for this poo poo

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Think Jorp ever reads this thread?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

dr.acula posted:

i hope so. i posted a link to him on a couple of his videos and his twitter. i don't know how much e-vanity jordan peterson has

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

dr.acula posted:

I'm the freaky daughter and yeah, he reads it every day, says it's the one thing keeping him going

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Jorp should post something useful like Benzo reviews.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
He posts in tcc

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Is GBS behind the paywall? Would Jorp pay the :10bux:?

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

old beast lunatic posted:

Jorp should post something useful like Benzo reviews.

TheBenzoOfTheWeek. I'd subscribe to that.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/ConsPostingLs/status/1392503461976186882

:lol:

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

pet more cats and clean your room, idiot

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Somebody on the forums recommended Behind the Bastards (maybe even this very thread), and I've finally started listening to interesting episodes here and there.

I'm partway through the Jordan Peterson episodes, and wow, what a ride. I thought I knew a lot about the guy, but that particular rabbit hole just goes deeper than I ever remembered.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

I'm the freaky daughter and yeah, he reads it every day, says it's the one thing keeping him going

hey whats up baby u like shrimp cocktail?

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

how has no one reported that jorp's spawn got covid......AGAIN? :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7VOdLRfpFA&t=28s

and this time she got the delta variant. apparently it's been bad enough for her that she's considering not being an anti-vaxx idiot anymore. hopefully she gave it to lobster daddy as well.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
ahahaha owned

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
The real disease are those bangs.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!

Mr Interweb posted:

how has no one reported that jorp's spawn got covid......AGAIN? :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7VOdLRfpFA&t=28s

and this time she got the delta variant. apparently it's been bad enough for her that she's considering not being an anti-vaxx idiot anymore. hopefully she gave it to lobster daddy as well.

The comments section is the reason why 4 million people died so far, fuckin hell :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
this family truly is the dumb gift that keeps on giving.