Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Just "The Washington"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rooster Brooster
Mar 30, 2001

Maybe it doesn't really matter anymore.
Washington Fifty Firsts

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

If that's all they got they may as well just stick with Washington Football Team.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Man I am all in on the Washington Wild Hogs

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Naming them the Washington Razorbacks while Jerry Jones is still kicking is almost too perfect.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Quiet Feet posted:

If that's all they got they may as well just stick with Washington Football Team.

As stupid as it is, that name is growing on me.

GO FOOTBALL TEAM

It sounds like a Brian Regan bit.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I have just one question for you gentlemen:

How are you going to stop 30 to 53 wild hogs?

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002
I remember when the Bullets went through their name change pains, most of the names were terrible (as evidenced by their eventual choice) "Sea dogs" was a legitimate consideration put out by the team and a lot of people tried to rig the vote to stick them with that. I think WFT should consider it

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Eifert Posting posted:

Depends. How long is the practice squad going to play? 3-5 minutes?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Afterbirth Aftermath posted:

I remember when the Bullets went through their name change pains, most of the names were terrible (as evidenced by their eventual choice) "Sea dogs" was a legitimate consideration put out by the team and a lot of people tried to rig the vote to stick them with that. I think WFT should consider it

Buckets is better but Wizards is fine.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Can't believe (can totally believe) Dan Snyder got defeated by the dude who just registers 100 different urls/copyrights

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
The Washington Wild Hogs starring Tim Allen, John Travolta, Martin Lawrence and William H. Macy.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Eifert Posting posted:

Judging by some videos I've seen, with NVGs, a laser sight, and a semi auto magazine fed shotgun from the bed of a pickup truck.

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
Jeez, it's like they can't read the room or something...

https://twitter.com/TMZ_Sports/status/1414736352520941569

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
They nailed it with "Washington Football Team", I don't know why they're dragging this out. It's futureproof, while still lowkey respecting the franchise's past by not trying to replace or erase the old moniker. The loss of identity IS the identity.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

General Dog posted:

They nailed it with "Washington Football Team", I don't know why they're dragging this out. It's futureproof, while still lowkey respecting the franchise's past by not trying to replace or erase the old moniker. The loss of identity IS the identity.

This is exactly the problem with it, btw.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I'm a little confused as to how Warriors became something exclusively Native American but it's a lame name anyway and people will just accuse them of trying to emulate Golden State so I don't think they should use it in any case

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

fast cars loose anus posted:

I'm a little confused as to how Warriors became something exclusively Native American

It's not the name so much as the context and the history of the franchise. If this was a brand new team I doubt any Native American would give a drat (viz. Golden State). But since it's the Washington Ethnic Slurs they're not getting the benefit of the doubt.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

The Football Team of Northern Virginia

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The Football Team of Northern Aggression

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

It's not the name so much as the context and the history of the franchise. If this was a brand new team I doubt any Native American would give a drat (viz. Golden State). But since it's the Washington Ethnic Slurs they're not getting the benefit of the doubt.

That actually makes a lot of sense and I wasn't thinking with both things in mind at once, thanks

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

General Dog posted:

Kalli posted:

The Football Team of Technically Maryland.

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Jul 14, 2021

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

General Dog posted:

They cross midfield before being forced back

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Kalli posted:

ok this is my favorite

Ginger Beer Belly
Aug 18, 2010

Grimey Drawer
The Washington Patriots, and make Robert Kraft rename his team the Boston Tugs ... for the boats in the Boston Harbor.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

How has no one pitched the Washington DCs yet? Mascot's a Douglas DC-4 airplane

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
(She is) Washington Detectives

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Edward Mass posted:

(She is) Washington Detectives
"Oh he's so cute"

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

General Dog posted:

Because then chuds will still wear the slur jerseys, use the slur name, and refer to the team as the slurs. It needs a new name, new color scheme, etc. - just completely wipe out the old bullshit and candy corn color scheme.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

i've honestly had it up to here with these chuds

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

The Washington Warlocks

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

Red posted:

Because then chuds will still wear the slur jerseys, use the slur name, and refer to the team as the slurs. It needs a new name, new color scheme, etc. - just completely wipe out the old bullshit and candy corn color scheme.

candy corn is orange/yellow/white

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Has anyone suggested the Fandualers?

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Washington Draft Kings

A chill just went through me, as though the monkey's paw curled a finger closed

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
The Washington Dogecoins

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Washington FedEx Arrows

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Washington Snydersux

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Red posted:

I don’t think it’s the team’s responsibility (or within anyone’s power for that matter) to try and mind-wipe the fanbase Men In Black-style of any memory of the days that came before.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Komet posted:

How has no one pitched the Washington DCs yet? Mascot's a Douglas DC-4 airplane

I like this but DC-10 as a mascot would be more appropriate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

General Dog posted:

I don’t think it’s the team’s responsibility (or within anyone’s power for that matter) to try and mind-wipe the fanbase Men In Black-style of any memory of the days that came before.
The Washington "I do not recall the previous name"