Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The second season of Never have I ever was pretty good just like the first one but they need to get better male characters because both the main character's love interests remain the worst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I’m not sure I ever laughed more than a few times watching it but I was absolutely never bored. It’s loving bonkers in a very entertaining way.

:same: It’s really stupid but it was enjoyable.

Also, mentioned this in the horror thread but I really liked The Empty Man on HBO. It’s not the stupid creepy pasta movie the trailer makes it out to be at all. It’s weird as hell.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Tainen posted:

The third Fear Street movie was the most enjoyable of the trilogy but the first half was definitely the better probably because it did away with the hyper fast cutting of first two movies and there were none of the annoying 10 second needle drops happening every few minutes.

I did laugh at the end though when they played 10 seconds of a Pixies song before immediately switching over to a second Pixies song.

That dude made a terrible deal with the devil, like hundreds of years of sacrifice to be what a small town mayor and sheriff?

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
NOOOOOO! Just watched Face/Off for the first time.

WHY? So many better movies were cut at a hour and forty-five. I invested two and a quarter in this......

Props to John Travolta and Nick Cage. They were very good in their roles. Doesn't change the fact that this movie sucked....bad.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
delete ur account

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
okay I just watched The Hunt (the bad one, not the Mads one) and... it wasn't actually bad? it's VERY VERY VERY dumb, as appropriate from the House de Blum, but the cast is having fun

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

How is the newest season on handmaids tale? I loved the first one but thought it was kind of going downhill and forgot they even did a fourth season

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

RestingB1tchFace posted:

WHY? So many better movies were cut at a hour and forty-five. I invested two and a quarter in this......

Props to John Travolta and Nick Cage. They were very good in their roles. Doesn't change the fact that this movie sucked....bad.

If you can’t love the cheesiness, and over the top action scenes of Face/Off then I really pity your life. One of the best action movies of the 90s.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

How is the newest season on handmaids tale? I loved the first one but thought it was kind of going downhill and forgot they even did a fourth season

I got halfway through and honestly forgot I never finished it until reading this post. I was pretty disappointed after what I thought was a strong ending to season three.

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

Thom and the Heads posted:

Any of y'all ever watch Spontaneous (2020) - pretty sure it's on Hulu at the moment. Lovely, bizarre little black comedy/sci-fi rom-com about a high school where students start exploding into clouds of blood. Pretty much every character is likeable, the writing is decent and it's kind of touching! Absolutely loved it. God awful poster though.

This is def. worth a watch. The third act meanders a bit, but it’s really well written.

HOMOEROTIC JESUS
Apr 19, 2018

Verily I say unto thee, That this night, before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.

RestingB1tchFace posted:

Do you want to take the movie's face... off??

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka
Dipped out of Gunpowder Milkshake halfway in. Too many lines where someone pauses before saying a euphemism for "gun" or "kill" or whatever other thing they're playing coy about in a terrible attempt at humor. Soundtrack is weird, the action scenes are fun ideas with bad execution, and the plot is kicked off with yet another boring "assassin hesitates at doing the thing they've done without hesitation for their whole life except this one time for some reason" hook that feels completely unwarranted. For all of its go-girl bluster it comes off as desperate to be liked in the worst possible way

Edit: Face/Off is a goddamn masterpiece and I will die on this hill

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

RestingB1tchFace posted:

reported. get hosed

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Fool me once
Face off you
Fool me twice
Face Off 2

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

I guess the first ep of White Lotus was good but I don't quite get the rave reviews. Is it actually going somewhere or is it just a slice of life about some cranky tourists?

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

I guess the first ep of White Lotus was good but I don't quite get the rave reviews. Is it actually going somewhere or is it just a slice of life about some cranky tourists?

We're two episodes in and you've already decided its demise. If you don't like it, stop watching, but your assessment is way off.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I thought the second episode was pretty bad, but I'll stick with it

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Space Jam 2 shows the magic of branding combined with the misuse of 3d scene composting to make every moment of the basketball game as full of WB bullshit as possible

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

I mean the show opens with a flashforward showing that a major character dies so there's a bit of a mystery about "how bad could it get?"

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

RestingB1tchFace posted:

Now go watch Con Air.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

RestingB1tchFace posted:

lol

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

RestingB1tchFace posted:

More like RestingB1tchFace/Log Off

MiddleOne posted:

Now go watch Con Air.

This was what I was trying to think of! Yes, Con Air, and Snake Eyes, where John Heard plays the same character he does in Home Alone (ok so that's not explicitly stated, but you go ahead and google how much that many coach and first class tickets to Paris costs and tell me what job the dad is supposed to have).

For real though, the cheesiness and overacting is essentially the point of Face/Off, or at least some of the best parts.

e the McAllister family fortune might have had to do with all the mannequins in the basement, was the mom a fashion designer or something, I can't remember

Inspector Hound fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Jul 19, 2021

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
speaking of snake eyes the next installment of the gi joe franchise is coming out very soon and im hype as a mother gently caress lmfao i love that poo poo i live for that poo poo lets gooooo

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
I was kind of meh on it until I thought I saw the dude from Warrior in a trailer. Now I am hype. Don't care how large or small his roll is, just glad the dude is getting work and I'm here for it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I wont be partaking, but godspeed on the live action GI Joe hype.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Saying Face/Off sucks is going too far but it definitely could use some editing down. So many movies that got no business being longer than two hours, then and now.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Inspector 34 posted:

I was kind of meh on it until I thought I saw the dude from Warrior in a trailer. Now I am hype. Don't care how large or small his roll is, just glad the dude is getting work and I'm here for it.

warrior was so sick

veni veni veni posted:

I wont be partaking, but godspeed on the live action GI Joe hype.

ive had a crush on the baroness since i was 10 or whatever when u become horn't

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Saying Face/Off sucks is going too far but it definitely could use some editing down. So many movies that got no business being longer than two hours, then and now.

back when i was a young man theatre was 2.5 hours with an intermission and movies were 90 mins. now plays are 90 mins and movies are 2.5 hours with no intermission. totally hosed up if you ask me.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Smythe posted:

warrior was so sick

ive had a crush on the baroness since i was 10 or whatever when u become horn't

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

its a terrible burden for sure

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

MiddleOne posted:

Now go watch Con Air.

I love Con Air.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Punkin Spunkin posted:

That's fair. It didn't suck. It just wasn't good. And it was way too long. I usually want my movies longer. I wanted that one to end so that I could better my day with something else.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
You have to at least appreciate the balls it took to cast two completely different sized guys and then tell the audience the only difference is their face

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

RestingB1tchFace posted:

I love Con Air.

PUT THE BUNNY BACK IN THE BOX

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
I think Face/Off is an amazing 90 minute movie that is unfortunately 2 hours and 15 min long. Do I deserve a ban?

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Medullah posted:

You have to at least appreciate the balls it took to cast two completely different sized guys and then tell the audience the only difference is their face

Did you forget the part where a wizard gave them magic shoes?

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Medullah posted:

Lookit this chump who didn't see the movie. Faceoffed people are given full-body surgery!

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Junkie Disease posted:

Space Jam 2 shows the magic of branding combined with the misuse of 3d scene composting to make every moment of the basketball game as full of WB bullshit as possible

I keep seeing clips of that on Twitter and I’m not sure if they’re elaborate trolls or not. Is there seriously parts of Fury Road jammed in there?!

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

david_a posted:

I keep seeing clips of that on Twitter and I’m not sure if they’re elaborate trolls or not. Is there seriously parts of Fury Road jammed in there?!

lol yea

I actually liked Space Jam 2 but they definitely were insecure with just the Basketball/Looney Toons combo that drove the original so they forced a bunch of Ready Player One-style pop culture references into it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I've read that a few parents got upset about the extended Come and See sequence in Space Jam 2.