Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!

Gasmask posted:

Ummmm this isn’t Brazil this is INGERLAND!!

No lockdowns! *throws bottles at cops*

Shame it didn't come home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Sunswipe posted:

Are there any of those that do a decent job? I tried a cheap one from amazon and it was loving useless.

https://www.hygienesuppliesdirect.com/mylek-portable-air-cooler

(can not vouch for the site but this is the model i have)

it was half price when i got it, the fan is on the lowest speed with no water and no ice blocks and its reasonably cooled the area of the room it is pointed at

caveat this house generally stays quite cool anyway but even this place cannot withstand akhenaten at the pinnacle of his powers

the siesta was nice, but the dog woke me up whining wanting to go out - not to pee but to sunbathe

he does not understand he will die so i let him have two (2) minutes pets and sunbathe before he has to come back in

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

Regarde Aduck posted:

You need to remove the humid air or you’re just going to saturate it and evaporation will stop. Which is also bad for your health.
How do I get the humid air out of the room though :(

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

trap it under a glass and put it at the bottom end of the garden

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Gasmask posted:

Ummmm this isn’t Brazil this is INGERLAND!!

No lockdowns! *throws bottles at cops*

First you all tell me to throw stuff at cops, now you tell me it's bad! Make up your minds!!!

Clarence
May 3, 2012

Bobby Deluxe posted:

trap it under a glass and put it at the bottom end of the garden

That'll just come straight back into the house. You have to release it a mile away so it cannot find its way back.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Clarence posted:

That'll just come straight back into the house. You have to release it a mile away so it cannot find its way back.

But then it'll die. :( House humidity isn't the same as outdoors humidity.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

i am cursed to never get duncan idaho and gurney halleck the right way round

https://twitter.com/getFANDOM/status/1417146786330841090?s=19

i was looking forward to momoa as gurney

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

they added a glow to the logo so people stop calling it dunc lol

Captain Muffin
Apr 25, 2007

Women like you are the reason this chickens late in the first place.
Went to Co-op for essentials (Milk for toddler, pizza and magnums for adults). Wasn't sure if I was gonna look a knob wearing a mask but a girl at least ten years younger than me wearing just swimwear masked up infront of me giving me the confidence boost I needed.

Everyone under the age of 45 or in physically decent shape was masked up. I got sneered at by some pensioner rummaging for discount blueberries.

Today is weird.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
When I was out earlier the old people were masked while the unmasked were all young mums and standard gobshite teenagers.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
What is outside?

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Outside is where the fire orb lives. It is a hateful place.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

my yelling seems to be driving back the orb. it is retreating

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
All glory to the fire orb. I will eat endless probes for the glorious cleansing fire

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
i am looking forward to lovely autumn when it will be 11 degrees and drizzling

mmm

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
The ideal weather allows you to walk around in a T-shirt and some form of trouser until around 6pm when a light jacket becomes advisable but not strictly neccessary.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
My tiny yappy dog can’t sleep when it’s too hot and will randomly bark at outside sounds at night :(

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
i had a neighbour whose little dog was like that and it didn't bother me because i couldn't hear the little dog unless our windows were open but i could hear him bellowing SHHHHUUUUUUUUUUUUT UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUP at it in the middle of the night quite regularly

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Captain Muffin posted:

Went to Co-op for essentials (Milk for toddler, pizza and magnums for adults). Wasn't sure if I was gonna look a knob wearing a mask but a girl at least ten years younger than me wearing just swimwear masked up infront of me giving me the confidence boost I needed.

Everyone under the age of 45 or in physically decent shape was masked up. I got sneered at by some pensioner rummaging for discount blueberries.

Today is weird.

Regular blueberries go from fresh to mouldy in about a day in this kind of weather. I hope those discount blueberries went into the freezer ASAP.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i hope they went straight into the bin, where blueberries of all kind belong

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

crispix posted:

i had a neighbour whose little dog was like that and it didn't bother me because i couldn't hear the little dog unless our windows were open but i could hear him bellowing SHHHHUUUUUUUUUUUUT UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUP at it in the middle of the night quite regularly
its great because shouting at dogs does not work

whatever the trigger is, your dog will associate it with you shouting at it and will panic when it hears it. under no circumstances will your dog think 'he is shouting at me, better stop'

it has taken forever to get our dog to not scream (yawn while whining which sounds like aaaAAAaaa) when people knock on the door or deliver post unexpectedly but we are currently in the 'praising and cuddling him every time he remains calm' phase

undisputed king of blankets

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

goatface posted:

When I was out earlier the old people were masked while the unmasked were all young mums and standard gobshite teenagers.

Experienced the opposite. I had the day off and took the train down to the coast. The next stop past mine is close to the university quarter and loads of young people piled on, all masked up. Subsequent stops saw olds getting on with chinmasks, deciding they couldn't endure the arduous 20 minute journey to the beach without fuelling up on bags of crisps.

edit: Northern Ireland where freedom isn't free and we still live under the iron fist of mandatory face prisons.

Clyde Radcliffe fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Jul 19, 2021

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I am in the Wales though, so our freedoms are not yet free.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
i don't think i'm familiar with dog screms

we had a neighbour when i was wee whose golden retriever had a special noise for the ice cream man, he went WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, like that. his name was dusty

when i was somewhere else and i heard an ice cream van jingle i found it weird that there wasn't a WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO accompanying it

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
the dog was called dusty, not the ice cream man. i forget what the ice cream man was called but he looked like the angry man with the ginger moustache on old guess whom boards

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
my rear end cancer is bleeding worse than ever before but i am loving pumped for tomorrow got the pdfs mate.

loving smoking hook line and silver sinker

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

crispix posted:

i don't think i'm familiar with dog screms
sort of like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=?shorts?ret4UQMjjRU

(does sa support youtube shorts? who knows!)

e: it does not! link

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Freedom Day meant the air con was switched on at work as there is officially no Covid left to be blown around the office. I assume there was a little ceremony where the Man from Maintenance cut the 'do not use' poster over the on/off switch in half with oversized scissors as other Maintenance Men clapped. But it was all over by the time I sweated my way into the office.

Which was a solid 25C all day despite air con.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ret4UQMjjRU

dog

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
that dragons' den show, the way they edit it, it makes it look like the businessmin people are doing all eastenders like reactions to stuff but really it's just stock footage of them reacting to the little tortoise man's farts i'll bet

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

i love you guys im so depressed lol gonna take this fence dude to town

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
channel 5 shows a lot of programmes that are all about disputes over fences that result in people battering each other and running each other over and that

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
i always put spiders over a certain size outside when i find them in the house because like basically over a certain size you feel like you have a squatter and i've noticed about 1 in 10 spiders when you go to put it in the cup won't run away and will attack you instead :spiderguy:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
i had one last month that was too big to even go in a cup, i had to use a cereal bowl

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

its so stuffy

i have to be up at 7 to walk the dog so he does not die

the air cooler does not seem to be cooling up here

this should be illegal

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

3 more days of this until the blessed release of thunderstorms, apparently.

Hopefully that’s it for summer now, unless Boris can contain this weather exactly to the hours of like 12-6, which I am confident he can after cracking the COVID code. It has no business being 20C+ at gone midnight, I didn’t sign off on that.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

On site pacing up and down still a bit drunk, just buzzing

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Bobby Deluxe posted:

undisputed king of blankets

I think we need more pictures to decide how good of a boy this dog is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Mega Comrade posted:

I think we need more pictures to decide how good of a boy this dog is.

i can tell you from personal experience he is tryin his best