Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Went home with the Mario and Luigi RC car pack yesterday. Theoretically these will be a Christmas present for my almost 3 yo nephew, but I suspect his dad and I will bust them free long before then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
My Costco restocked the Honey Mustard Snack Mix and I almost squealed out loud in the aisle.

This stuff is so bad for my waistline but gently caress it, they’ve been out for months.

BadSamaritan posted:

Tell me about buying a washer and dryer at Costco. Ours is reaching end of life and I’m keepin an eye out for deals.

I’ll reiterate what the other poster said. I didn’t get the Allstate extended warranty but it was completely painless

That said, it can be worth it to wait for a sale. I bought mine during a president’s day special (and got more off nearly a month later when they had an appliance sale that took even more off. They price matched it without question. PBUC). I saved several hundred off of each LG appliance.

Thwomp fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Jul 20, 2021

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

My Costco has been stocking The Rock's Teremana tequila. The $30 cost in regular stores is a bit overpriced, but I'll buy it at Costco for $23 all day long.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Bumble Dong posted:

My ‘Co has ketchup mustard and relish but no onions and kraut. Been just skipping the dog because ITS NOT THE SAME
at least deli mustard right?

yellow mustard sucks

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Taima posted:

We don’t talk about that
i'll never forget the polish, and never forgive. price increase would have been far more palpable

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

$2 Polish, with onions. Who’s with me

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
the corporate bean counters make me sick. find a way to bring the onions back NOW. you FUCKS

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

poisonpill posted:

$2 Polish, with onions. Who’s with me

yeah i'd totally be fine with a slight price increase for polish/onions and also bringing back the turkey sando and the caesar salad.

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

Chinatown posted:

yeah i'd totally be fine with a slight price increase for polish/onions and also bringing back the turkey sando and the caesar salad.

same, also if it means Jim makes good on his promise

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

thathonkey posted:

the corporate bean counters make me sick. find a way to bring the onions back NOW. you FUCKS

There's never a good outcome when accountants start making design decisions.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

thathonkey posted:

tendency for rate of profit to decline, absent new people, technology, and/or land to exploit, means you cannibalize internally to stem the declining rate of profit because there is otherwise greener land for shareholders to chase. technology-wise, i would actually use costco online if they could get their poo poo together and even offer 1/10th of what's actually in store, and it's certainly an area they really should work and i expect will probably see more work being done. otherwise theyve tapped out a lot of land in america to conquer

they've got some activist investors on the board recently, like kenneth denmen, stanton and someone else and it's certainly reflected in changes over the more recent years (cutting back new employee wage escalation ladders and other new FT hire cutbacks, food courts, self-checkouts, more pushy contractors slinging solar panels or flooring to rubes, etc).

Captain Toasted
Jan 3, 2009

Xaris posted:

at least deli mustard right?

yellow mustard sucks

All yellow :(

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
I feel like the $1.50 hot dog is so ingrained now that if they did try to raise the price there would be holy hell and they'd have to retreat within days

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Xaris posted:

tendency for rate of profit to decline, absent new people, technology, and/or land to exploit, means you cannibalize internally to stem the declining rate of profit because there is otherwise greener land for shareholders to chase. technology-wise, i would actually use costco online if they could get their poo poo together and even offer 1/10th of what's actually in store, and it's certainly an area they really should work and i expect will probably see more work being done. otherwise theyve tapped out a lot of land in america to conquer

they've got some activist investors on the board recently, like kenneth denmen, stanton and someone else and it's certainly reflected in changes over the more recent years (cutting back new employee wage escalation ladders and other new FT hire cutbacks, food courts, self-checkouts, more pushy contractors slinging solar panels or flooring to rubes, etc).

gently caress you, DirecTV. That's the only one that harasses me every time I go.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Onions cost practically nothing. gently caress.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

FogHelmut posted:

gently caress you, DirecTV. That's the only one that harasses me every time I go.

How many times do I need to lie and tell them I'm already a customer? Might just see if I can find a directv staff polo online and wear that for my Costco visits.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Inspector 34 posted:

How many times do I need to lie and tell them I'm already a customer? Might just see if I can find a directv staff polo online and wear that for my Costco visits.

Wear a bigger a mask. They won't bother you then.

Solvent
Jan 24, 2013

by Hand Knit
Costco wants you in the warehouse, that’s why their website is poo poo. If you’re buying online you’re not finding their “hidden gems”. The stuff online is priced worse than in store always.

Also it’s the sparklets water guy who harassed me, after a long day of bullshit I come in to buy bottled water, I tell him I can lift my own water and it costs less than a fifth as much and the bastard calls me cheap.

I’m at a loving club warehouse store.
Of course I’m too cheap.

I don’t even have room for a cooler in my studio, I live in a state where the water is piped in from hundreds of miles away or I’d just drink tap. My dog won’t even drink this tap water, he’d rather drink out of my pond.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Costco has always been very behind the curve on retail trends. Remember when the coupon book had actual coupons you had to bring in and if you didn’t bring in the book you didn’t get the sale price? That was only like 10 years ago.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Solvent posted:

Costco wants you in the warehouse, that’s why their website is poo poo. If you’re buying online you’re not finding their “hidden gems”. The stuff online is priced worse than in store always.

Also it’s the sparklets water guy who harassed me, after a long day of bullshit I come in to buy bottled water, I tell him I can lift my own water and it costs less than a fifth as much and the bastard calls me cheap.
eh, i'm sure there's some of that but they have been (slowly) improving it. i'm not convinced you can't quite do the same impulse buying you that you see in-store as also online (cough lots of people constantly impulse buying garbage off amazon). but i'm also not sure it's a slamdunk in the face of tendency for rate of profit to decline in this instance because it's probably a rather significantly overlapping venn diagram with in-store purchases to some degree as well. personally the california costcos here are a shitshow so i don't go nearly as often as I could, and would probably spend more money online if inventory more matched what's available in-store. i've done it for some things though like TVs which are same-price as in store and that's nice.

and that yeah the pushy floor contractor poo poo sucks rear end, sorry to hear that.

FCKGW posted:

Costco has always been very behind the curve on retail trends. Remember when the coupon book had actual coupons you had to bring in and if you didn’t bring in the book you didn’t get the sale price? That was only like 10 years ago.
that and also it wasnt that long ago you had to go and get manufacturer rebates and poo poo separately; although i think they were closer to the curve on that one.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

FCKGW posted:

Was that really like 10 years ago? It feels like yesterday I was cutting coupons out of that fucker and hoping I didn't lose em when I pulled my wallet out to flash my card for entry. Towards the end my local stores had stacks of em and you just pointed out the coupons to use and they ripped em out and kept the whole book.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
We got a visa credit card just for costco because of costco forcing debit cards through US debit instead of visa debit and gently caress touching those gross pinpads

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Solvent posted:

Then they should at least allow me to ship items to the store for pickup.

We found a bed we liked on costco.com but it's $200 more online than it is in-store. Except you can't get it in store anymore. I'm sure that big price increase is largely due to shipping costs since they were offering free shipping, but then like, I'll drive to the store drat I don't need this thing brought to my front door for me.

Between that added price and that I'd have to assemble it myself, it was no longer a good deal vs. going to Bobs or something like that.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Renegret posted:

Then they should at least allow me to ship items to the store for pickup.

We found a bed we liked on costco.com but it's $200 more online than it is in-store. Except you can't get it in store anymore. I'm sure that big price increase is largely due to shipping costs since they were offering free shipping, but then like, I'll drive to the store drat I don't need this thing brought to my front door for me.

Between that added price and that I'd have to assemble it myself, it was no longer a good deal vs. going to Bobs or something like that.

That's my big complaint about Costco's online shopping presence, that they offer "free shipping" on big items but just pump the price of the item itself by a couple hundred dollars versus what you'd find in-warehouse (if it's even available in-warehouse at all).

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
You can't buy a hot dog online. :colbert:

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
well, not with that attitude

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Has gin made it back to anyone's Costco? I'm going to pick more up soon, but I'm wondering if my store ever stocks it at all.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

NewFatMike posted:

Has gin made it back to anyone's Costco? I'm going to pick more up soon, but I'm wondering if my store ever stocks it at all.

I picked up some kind of Japanese gin a little while ago, its good, it tastes like gin. Not a fan of those gins that take huge liberties with flavors.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

NewFatMike posted:

I’m not willing to risk buying that quantity of it without some more assurances that it’s been brought back up to par. I ended getting the Bombay last time.

Edit: referring to the Kirkland gin that was recalled. My store has had other gins the entire time

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Pennywise the Frown posted:

You can't buy a hot dog online. :colbert:

*closes DoorDash app*

Yeah...yeah!

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

FogHelmut posted:

I picked up some kind of Japanese gin a little while ago, its good, it tastes like gin. Not a fan of those gins that take huge liberties with flavors.

Oh yeah, I meant to specify Kirkland. I wish we got the Roku gin, it's fantastic for lighter cocktails like a Tom Collins.

I'm willing to go for the Kirkland, but I haven't seen it at my store.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

My Costco's gas station is closed today due to state mandated environmental testing. I have enough gas but I just wish environmentalism wasn't so inconvenient.

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

crumb by crumb in this big black forest

Got some furniture delivered from Costco. Looked like really good quality for the price, but unfortunately it wouldn’t fit up our winding old stairs (despite us trying to measure and visualize before placing the order) so we had to send it back.

Props to the process where the delivery guys just call in the refund and put it back on the truck though :(

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Just a heads up. Last time I got croissants at the entrance and didn't think twice. This most recent time I went, I got them at the entrance then double checked expiry/baked on date vs the dates of the ones in the actual bakery section. The croissants at the entrance were all dated for 1-2 days earlier then the ones in the bakery section. The entrance is where they try to offload old baked goods, it seems.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

redreader posted:

Just a heads up. Last time I got croissants at the entrance and didn't think twice. This most recent time I went, I got them at the entrance then double checked expiry/baked on date vs the dates of the ones in the actual bakery section. The croissants at the entrance were all dated for 1-2 days earlier then the ones in the bakery section. The entrance is where they try to offload old baked goods, it seems.

yep, it's a classic store tactic. certain types of store displays, and certain areas of stores such as end-caps, have been found to be more appealing to the people walking through the store. so you use tactics like this when you want to get rid of expiring products or clear out old inventory.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Every single section of every store with expiring product will place the oldest stuff where it will hopefully be grabbed before the newest stuff. Produce, dairy, meat, canned goods, bakery. Proper stock rotation like that reduces waste ($$).

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

*closes DoorDash app*

Yeah...yeah!

Why don't they put themselves on doordash so I can impulse buy 5 hotdogs

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I still want a Costco Restaurant. Like a full fledged alcohol + cooked food + maybe a sports bar or speakeasy or something.

Like imagine a Costco Food Court + Sports Bar and a boxing ring (that you can buy) and they have actual boxers fighting in there and a sports bookie.

Like...Costco in Vegas. Or something.

Costco Strip Club. 1 Lap Dance is $20 but get a pack of 5 and mix and match and it's only $75.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

The cauliflower rice I picked up at Costco is pretty okay. Definitely the best cauliflower rice I've ever had, which isn't to say it's great or anything. But it's definitely acceptable unlike basically any other cauliflower rice I've had. Do need to cook it in a pan with some olive oil and salt and pepper though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Crosspost from the tasteless tattoo thread: