Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

TyrantWD posted:

Maybe if it weren’t made by GGG, there is a chance it could be decent, but there is no way GGG, in their current mind frame, are going to create a minion gem that gets anywhere close to the combined power of everything you give up.

Indeed. I'm most likely going with a summoner anyway as a starter so I'll see how that gem feels like while levelling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bagpuss_UK
May 22, 2001

(NOT BAGPUSS)
So who submitted it?

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bagpuss_UK posted:

So who submitted it?

If that is what I'm thinking it is, Rallos wanted a Div Card and I may have suggested the idea of a random Alt Quality Golem gem since he loves Golems.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
idgi

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

this was VERY funny 21 years ago

https://www.somethingawful.com/icq-pranks/icq-transcript-space/1/

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

TyrantWD posted:

I can’t imagine it will be anywhere near strong enough to make it worth running over just any standard summoner build. You give up your AG, specters, and golem, just to have 1 damaging minion and some weak skeles or srs for it to feed on.

I’ll definitely throw the gem on while I am leveling to experiment with it, but I expect it to be a complete joke. Maybe if it weren’t made by GGG, there is a chance it could be decent, but there is no way GGG, in their current mind frame, are going to create a minion gem that gets anywhere close to the combined power of everything you give up.

If it gets to HoAg level damage I'll be satisfied

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7E0ot9iJm_k

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
Idea: Reaper with HoP and maybe dom blow or absolution. Smite?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

I always forget these forums have a website attached to them.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

McFrugal posted:

Idea: Reaper with HoP and maybe dom blow or absolution. Smite?

Idea: add Battlemage's Cry - dom blow battlemage's cry absolution reaper hoppers

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005

InventorOfTrees posted:

You guys ready for the Reaper gem to give absolutely gently caress all information for how it works in game, and will require no less than fourteen posts from Mark_GGG on reddit to fully understand, which will then become the sole source of information on the gem for the next 3 years?

Up to two Mark posts so far, probably more to follow.

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

Ougher posted:

Up to two Mark posts so far, probably more to follow.

The prophecy is being fulfilled!

shimmy shimmy
Nov 13, 2020
just for reference for people who don't want to dig them up

quote:

The Consume skill kills one of your minions and applies a buff to the Reaper for a base duration of 6 seconds. The buff grants 40% increased damage, 20% increased attack speed, 20% increased movement speed and 10% increased character size.

The Reaper has muliple instances of the skill which its AI uses in different circumstances:

The version it frequently uses because it's hurt has a 6-second cooldown.
The version it infrequently uses because it just felt like it (and didn't already have the buff) has a 25 second cooldown.
EDIT: Consume also recoverys 50% of the Reaper's life.

quote:

Along the same lines, for Absolution, would you be able to explain the "larger" Absolution that the minions will cast? This was alluded to in the trailer and I'm not sure if it's still on the gem.

They have two Absolution spells - one normal and one that does the initial AoE and then a follow-up wave extending out to a larger area. Things in the initial AoE will be hit by both. The bigger one has a 6 second cooldown.

InventorOfTrees
Dec 13, 2013

Noted Psycho Poster Panda Clue
He Dreams of Pancakes
And So Should You

Clockwerk posted:

The prophecy is being fulfilled!

this isn't my first rodeo

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Chris posted to Reddit. It's long, I'm not going to quote it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/op73wg/some_thoughts_from_chris/

Edit: All explanations of why/how things happened, plus Hypothermia is getting more cold dot again.

Tom Clancy is Dead fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Jul 22, 2021

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Hmh my Ball Lightning Ascendant's DPS dropped by 60%. It was a sweet build, I had 115k phys EHP, 160k chaos and 340k ele EHP. It was good because it did some damage but it kept me alive because I'm a bad player.

Now where I'm going to find another build which can take hits, but also does damage and kills mobs...

resting bort face
Jun 2, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Sounds pretty reasonable. It's almost like Reddit's histrionics are laughable and a good argument for ignoring that sub entirely.

InventorOfTrees
Dec 13, 2013

He Dreams of Pancakes
And So Should You

resting bort face posted:

Sounds pretty reasonable. It's almost like Reddit's histrionics are laughable and a good argument for ignoring that sub entirely.

Why does everything have to be twisted into "hurdur reddit am i right guys?" on this dumb forum? People here had issues, people on youtube had issues, people on twitch had issues, people sitting in my house that aren't me had issues. Even GGG themselves were memeing about how severe the nerfs were going to be. Reddit didn't have some hot take.

That said, you're right in that Chris' post was super reasonable, and honestly gave me a glimmer of optimism for this league.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

Edit: All explanations of why/how things happened, plus Hypothermia is getting more cold dot again.

lol. that kind of confirms my thinking, but unfortunately not in a good way. like the aurabot thing- we want to change it, but have no idea how is not really what I would call 'better' than the theory that it was just the favorite of the devs and they thought it was fine. if anything it's more embarsssing.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

resting bort face posted:

-didn't even touch on the reason people were confused about hypothermia's nerf (if it was never meant to be a cold support gem then why did you name it hypothermia?) while also seeming to not realize how badly it nerfed cold dot builds because, what, other supports are gonna magically appear to replace it?
-"clarified" his position on ultimatum by just adding an entirely new section to it that was not mentioned at all, although this one is more a "Chris should really not be doing off the cuff interviews" situation
-just saying the video of him talking about marvel heroes "wasn't the same situation at all, come on guys"
-reiterating the patch notes guy hosed up, while also giving us a baffling explanation where the patch notes guy is copy pasting the format off of the wiki to change later, like holy poo poo how do you even get to that point without realizing you should be doing something else?

People still have issues with the patch notes and changes that he didn't touch on at all except to say everyone is overreacting and it'll play fine, which is extremely not addressing anything.

Also, the comments underneath that are just redditors tripping over themselves to say "oh okay, thank you chris" so it's real weird to call the "histrionics" reddit's.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

This post is insane lmao. Why would he think this is a good idea, did he proofread this, did he let anyone else in the company read this before he posted it. It is *ripe* with absolutely terrible statements.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

-didn't even touch on the reason people were confused about hypothermia's nerf (if it was never meant to be a cold support gem then why did you name it hypothermia?) while also seeming to not realize how badly it nerfed cold dot builds because, what, other supports are gonna magically appear to replace it?
it's called hypothermia because it's supposed to be a cold support gem, it's just not supposed to be a cold dot support gem.

MDDY
Mar 21, 2008

Hypothermia existed as a gem before the cold dot archtype was a thing.

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005

Syle187 posted:

Hypothermia existed as a gem before the cold dot archtype was a thing.

Yes, and they went out of their way to add Cold Dot do it when they did the big focus on Cold Dot, but then took it away this patch and replaced it with ???

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

It's weirdly maddening to read these recent posts. A lot of you are really unable to assume charitable intentions and it's sad. You can disagree with a lot of these decisions, sure, but the number of people exclaiming that the changes are incomprehensible is itself, especially with the amount of explanation given, incomprehensible.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Chris touches on a good point with regard to everyone having dogshit reading comprehensive about the ultimatum quote

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Speaking of reading comprehension lmao

AggressivelyStupid fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Jul 22, 2021

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Papercut posted:

This post is insane lmao. Why would he think this is a good idea, did he proofread this, did he let anyone else in the company read this before he posted it. It is *ripe* with absolutely terrible statements.

???

He should have touched on spellslinger though. I just don't think it works at all anymore

ThermosAquaticus
Nov 9, 2013

MMF Freeway posted:

???

He should have touched on spellslinger though. I just don't think it works at all anymore

Meta status: shook.

InventorOfTrees
Dec 13, 2013

He Dreams of Pancakes
And So Should You

pork never goes bad posted:

It's weirdly maddening to read these recent posts. A lot of you are really unable to assume charitable intentions and it's sad. You can disagree with a lot of these decisions, sure, but the number of people exclaiming that the changes are incomprehensible is itself, especially with the amount of explanation given, incomprehensible.

they literally copy information off of the loving wiki as part of their normal process

MDDY
Mar 21, 2008

Ougher posted:

Yes, and they went out of their way to add Cold Dot do it when they did the big focus on Cold Dot, but then took it away this patch and replaced it with ???

You just use whatever the next best gem is? Probably Inspiration? Its fine to keep Hypothermia as a cold dot gem, but also the entire outrage about it was incredibly overblown.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

InventorOfTrees posted:

they literally copy information off of the loving wiki as part of their normal process

literally every single post of yours in this thread reads like a copy paste from a hysterical redditor

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

pork never goes bad posted:

Yeeeep.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Utterly dreadful. Full of "we are sorry you feel wronged" kind of statements without admitting any fault of their own, not even with Hypothermia as they say they will remove the cold DoT damage anyways but just later. Also lol at the Marvel Heroes comment.
That post only exists to generate support from the easily swayed.

InventorOfTrees posted:

And if they don't, it tells a loving lot of their development processes.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Changes gonna make the game alot more fun and better.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

qnqnx posted:

Utterly dreadful. Full of "we are sorry you feel wronged" kind of statements without admitting any fault of their own, not even with Hypothermia as they say they will remove the cold DoT damage anyways but just later. Also lol at the Marvel Heroes comment.
That post only exists to generate support from the easily swayed.

And if they don't, it tells a loving lot of their development processes.

lol

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

InventorOfTrees posted:

... of writing patch notes. lets keep some perspective here, I don't actually care that he goofed up a line by a few % points its just kind of funny and thats it

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Chris Wilson personally wronged me yet won't admit to it, the coward

InventorOfTrees
Dec 13, 2013

He Dreams of Pancakes
And So Should You

AggressivelyStupid posted:

literally every single post of yours in this thread reads like a copy paste from a hysterical redditor

If you're done going through literally every single post of mine in this thread, I have even better content in other threads you could check out.

MDDY
Mar 21, 2008

People here and on reddit are really going out of their way to assume incompetence and malicious intent, and it is getting incredibly frustrating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

I doubt it