Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Squiggly posted:

Is anyone here that didn't play mafia as a kid

I did not. But I'm making up for it by playing every night at Gencon this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Squiggly posted:

I didn’t. I’d never even heard of Mafia until I saw it here.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
I was vaguely aware of it but never played it.

I got into it with Throne of Lies, before eventually realizing that SA has an actual community for mafia.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Squiggly posted:

I had never heard of Mafia until my first game here

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

DGK2000 posted:

I did not. But I'm making up for it by playing every night at Gencon this year.

I live in Indianapolis (Greenwood)! Message me when you're in town - I'll likely be hovering around Gencon.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

merk posted:

I live in Indianapolis (Greenwood)! Message me when you're in town - I'll likely be hovering around Gencon.

Will do, it'll be nice to finally say hello in person.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Yami Fenrir posted:

I was vaguely aware of it but never played it.

I got into it with Throne of Lies, before eventually realizing that SA has an actual community for mafia.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Merk, if I’d had a Maurer degree would you have hired me solely off my posting

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

t a s t e posted:

Merk, if I’d had a Maurer degree would you have hired me solely off my posting

Of course. Don't forget to do OCI, kids.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

merk posted:

Of course. Don't forget to do OCI, kids.

literally never

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Scientastic posted:

I didn’t. I’d never even heard of Mafia until I saw it here.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

merk posted:

Oh poo poo, I knew you lived in the area but not that close - I'm up in Fishers

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Chic Trombone posted:

I'm up at Top Golf frequently!

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

I did it, I'm bringing the mafia community together.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

DGK2000 posted:

I did it, I'm bringing the mafia community together.

You are skynet basically.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

I started playing like last month. I had always seen it on this forum and team liquid as a kid, but I can't even express how unbelievably lame I thought it was because I never clicked on the threads. I wish I would have played back then I would have loved it.

I thought it was like everyone doing long form roleplay about being in the mafia together, with a GM putting mafia related tasks in front of you to solve.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

gay for gacha posted:

I started playing like last month. I had always seen it on this forum and team liquid as a kid, but I can't even express how unbelievably lame I thought it was because I never clicked on the threads. I wish I would have played back then I would have loved it.

I thought it was like everyone doing long form roleplay about being in the mafia together, with a GM putting mafia related tasks in front of you to solve.

Lmao

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Come to Columbus/Nashville and buy my bourbon.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

gay for gacha posted:

...well now I want a mafia themed mafia games with a side-bar game about heists the family pulls off.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

gay for gacha posted:

who took my cigars

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

gay for gacha posted:

Me and Solus played in one of those once

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

gay for gacha posted:

wolfy

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

?? Can you make obs in discord already so I can follow your game.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

gay for gacha posted:

?? Can you make obs in discord already so I can follow your game.

granted

.random
May 7, 2007

gay for gacha posted:

When are you running this? Thx

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I didn't know mafia was a thing when I was kid. I started playing in like 2013ish after stumbling on mafiascum.net and thought I'd check and see if SA had a mafia community.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

gay for gacha posted:

long form roleplay about being in the mafia together, with a GM putting mafia related tasks in front of you to solve.

Yes, let's do this. I'll be the guy who makes a deal with the other family and then gets found out and thinks he's going in to become a made man but then gets executed instead.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I started playing in late 2010 and it explains a lot about me

also a mafia RP with directed tasks sounds like it could be fun tbh

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Voodoofly posted:

You are skynet basically.

I did wear a Skynet t-shirt today...

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

I learned mafia working with at risk high schoolers when I was like 19. It was a social therapy setting (usually court mandated) and we were trying to teach kids how to basically not take it personally if someone called you a liar.

Those kids had a standing rule though that I still think should be applied to all games: if anyone claims cop you execute them on principle. If a cop is executed or scum killed everyone hugs and high fives. Even if that lost you the game.

I dream of reaching those kids abilities in this game.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Oh hey, new avatar! Congrats on giving TD a go, I've always been too chicken.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Chic Trombone posted:

Fan-cee

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
You merely adopted the Mafia

I was born in it molded by it

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

gay for gacha posted:

You got 3 bodies and only 10lbs of concrete mix

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i was really into mafia and pokemon as a kid and it made for less than stellar aol username ideas.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
I don't remember exactly the first time I played, but it was around about 2008ish when I spent way too much time actively avoiding doing college work. I was vaguely aware of it before then, but it almost never really came up.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I stumbled onto a mafia thread way back when and posted that I thought someone was scum as a spectator. Don’t do that, kids!

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I never rolled scum playing irl but was often voted because I am a horribly unconvincing truth teller.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

merk posted:

I stumbled onto a mafia thread way back when and posted that I thought someone was scum as a spectator. Don’t do that, kids!

Lol this is actually the new move

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
If you want to replace into Space Jam, please PM me or join the discord linked in thread. It is day 1.