Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Ive been buying my wife about 3 books of Squirrel Girl every other month. She has up to book 10 i believe? She really likes it. Who wouldn't? Its super cute and pretty drat funny. I'm all for live action squirrel girl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

howe_sam posted:

Okee-dokee, very tall Canadian included for scale.
https://twitter.com/ryanqnorth/status/1020899430449344512

I'm out of the loop, what's going on here, isn't that the girl from the ads? Is she the new Squirrel Girl, who's that guy

edit: Squirrel girl comics have super owned in the recent years, I forget the issue but at one point she mediates a fight between Spiderman and some B-villains and, well, it's just great, no spoilers.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

I'm out of the loop, what's going on here, isn't that the girl from the ads? Is she the new Squirrel Girl, who's that guy

edit: Squirrel girl comics have super owned in the recent years, I forget the issue but at one point she mediates a fight between Spiderman and some B-villains and, well, it's just great, no spoilers.

She was cast as Squirrel Girl in a live action thing a few years ago but it wasn't picked up and the project died.

8one6 fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Jul 26, 2021

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

She's also voiced the animated Squirrel Girl a few times since.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I like when Squirrel Girl hung out with Galactus and they made fun of Thsnos for being half goth and half hipster because he is way into death but also makes his own gloves.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

frodnonnag posted:

His name is Throg.

No no there's two.

Frog-Thor is when Thor has been turned into a Frog, like on the Loki show.

Throg is when a Frog is given the mini-Mjolnir by Thor and becomes Throg.

Totally different and distinct.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

mind the walrus posted:

No no there's two.

Frog-Thor is when Thor has been turned into a Frog, like on the Loki show.

Throg is when a Frog is given the mini-Mjolnir by Thor and becomes Throg.

Totally different and distinct.

To bring it around to Squirrel Girl, like when Loki pretends to be Cat-Thor?

And every bit of the recent Squirrel Girl was amazing, I'm still pissed they haven't brought her in proper.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Weird news.

Patton Oswalt said in an interview yesterday that Marvel would not let him use Madame Masque or Turner D. Century in M.O.D.O.K. because they were being considered for some other project.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Madame Masque makes sense. She was Kate Bishop’s archenemy in the book the new Hawkeye series is based of off. Even if she doesn’t appear there I’m sure they want to save a major antagonist for Kate to fight.

No idea about Turner D Century. He got murdered back in the eighties and only got brought back on occasion to be promptly murdered again.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Weird news.

Patton Oswalt said in an interview yesterday that Marvel would not let him use Madame Masque or Turner D. Century in M.O.D.O.K. because they were being considered for some other project.

That's interesting, I just heard Kevin Smith say the same thing about WEREWOLF BY NIGHT in his recent podcast, that he was being considered for something... hmmm...

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Werewolf By Night is where Moon Knight first popped up although I'd be surprised if that's the connection.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Weird thing about Frog Thor being there would make him the only non-Loki besides Kang and chaos dog. I wonder if they wanted to show us more than just Loki's survive there or they didn't and that's why they scrapped it.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Mameluke posted:

Maaaann that lineup sucks. Why are they making two separate Captain Peggy minifigs? Why is it half remixed What If minifigs instead of new characters?

Where's Kang?

Maybe they consider him still too spoilery to include. Are there enough unused characters for a series 2 of minifigures?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

RatHat posted:

Maybe they consider him still too spoilery to include. Are there enough unused characters for a series 2 of minifigures?

Hawkeye and Ms Marvel are out later this year then Moon Knight, She Hulk and Secret Invasion in 2022. I don't think there are enough characters for a second series from the current set of shows but they'll definitely have enough next year.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

RatHat posted:

Agatha
Billy
Tommy
Jimmy Woo
Darcy
Faux Vision
John Walker
Battlestar
Baron Zemo
Sharon Carter
Isaiah Bradley
Eli Bradley
Ayo
Flagsmashers
Mobius
Renslayer
B-15
Classic Loki
Kid Loki
He Who Remains
Miss Minutes

To name a few

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
Speaking of Moon Knight, Gaspard Ulliel has apparently been cast as Midnight Man.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Edmund Lava posted:

Madame Masque makes sense. She was Kate Bishop’s archenemy in the book the new Hawkeye series is based of off. Even if she doesn’t appear there I’m sure they want to save a major antagonist for Kate to fight.

No idea about Turner D Century. He got murdered back in the eighties and only got brought back on occasion to be promptly murdered again.

'Considered for some other project' doesn't mean much for this stuff. DC has been telling the CW folk that Booster GOld is off limits because of an upcoming movie since 2014.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

'Considered for some other project' doesn't mean much for this stuff. DC has been telling the CW folk that Booster GOld is off limits because of an upcoming movie since 2014.

They just want to be ready for when someone discovers time travel

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

That whole thing is asinine to begin with considering there's already a movie Superman and Flash and a TV Superman and Flash, among others.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo
I still want the She Hulk show to get James Spader on as at least a guest star lawyer because scenes like this

One cool bit about that scene is that the chinese delegations' applause was an unscripted spontaneous act from those actors due to Spader's speech

Maybe we can get a bit like

Bruce Banner: Um, why do you sound like a homicidal robot?

Spader as character nicknamed "Ultrolawyer:" A few years back I was deposing Tony Stark. After the first day he over-ruled his council and offered to meet my full settlement offer if I'd be willing to license my voice for use in some project he was developing. I guess the joke was on me. I will say that being the voice of a murderous android can be quite helpful in the courtroom.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
I did, of course, read that in Spader's voice. :allears:

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

He's the writer of squirrel girl. His name is ALL OVER the comics I dunno how you can miss it

He does Dinosaur Comics

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Barreft posted:

Weird thing about Frog Thor being there would make him the only non-Loki besides Kang and chaos dog. I wonder if they wanted to show us more than just Loki's survive there or they didn't and that's why they scrapped it.

There's also Mobius

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Barreft posted:

I think they did an OK job conveying that Lokis, for all their choices, are just really good at surviving in the void where other individuals would die, but ya it was a little weird

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

TinTower posted:

As you should have. I was half-rooting for Ultron during AoU because I figured that tyranny under a kill-happy machine god wouldn't be that bad if our mechical overlord spoke in the dulcet tones of James Spader.

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

Shouldn't the void also be full of other aberrations like evil Thors and good Thanoses? Thanii?
And most of the Loki's there would be ones that probably, at some point at least, demonstrated a greater tendency towards good? I just feel like there's something in the way the TVA works that selects for specific variants to go to the void, leading to a preponderance of one sort or another.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
It probably was but remember, Lokis are survivors and naturally would outlast other beings that would get eaten by Alioth.

Interesting thing I noticed, in the Assembled episode they showed a bunch of concept art for the TVA and it featured a lot more non-human beings walking around. I guess budget or time constraints stopped that from appearing in the show?

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

I'm always happy to see nonhuman (especially non-anthropomorphic) aliens, wish that could have happened.

Was just plowing through the Legends of Tomorrow show and noticed the Vandal Savage/Time Masters plotline almost exactly mirrors the plot for Loki, with Savage playing the part of Immortus, except he didn't want to die.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

I guess budget or time constraints stopped that from appearing in the show?
Oh yeah. Media productions overestimate what they want and always scale it way, way back.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Interesting thing I noticed, in the Assembled episode they showed a bunch of concept art for the TVA and it featured a lot more non-human beings walking around. I guess budget or time constraints stopped that from appearing in the show?

In the scene where Loki first comes to the TVA, and its him and the Goldman Sachs douche in the queue, there was originally supposed to be a ton of other people/creatures in that queue with them, but it had to be stripped down for COVID reasons, is what I heard in an interview with a producer.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Taear posted:

He's the writer of squirrel girl. His name is ALL OVER the comics I dunno how you can miss it

He does Dinosaur Comics

Ryan North is literally 8 feet tall. When he stood up in front of me I thought he was an Ent at first.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

TinTower posted:

It's wild that Spader's voice is amazing enough that a relatively boring CIA procedural has run for 8 seasons off the back of it

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Organic Lube User posted:

Shouldn't the void also be full of other aberrations like evil Thors and good Thanoses? Thanii?

I imagine most Thors and Thanoses tend to try to tackle the giant elemental cloud of consumption, rather than run away and hide from it like a Loki does.

There should have been more Ant Men. Scott totally would hide from something like that.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

KittyEmpress posted:

I imagine most Thors and Thanoses tend to try to tackle the giant elemental cloud of consumption, rather than run away and hide from it like a Loki does.

There should have been more Ant Men. Scott totally would hide from something like that.

They're obviously all hiding in the Quantum Realm.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Frog Thor would definitely take on Alioth if he could get out of his jar.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

BurritoJustice posted:

It's wild that Spader's voice is amazing enough that a relatively boring CIA procedural has run for 8 seasons off the back of it

The overarching plot of The Blacklist is too batshit crazy to be called "relatively boring". :colbert:

(Come to think of it, are the producers back on the Redarina train? I have no idea right now.)

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Lord_Magmar posted:

They're obviously all hiding in the Quantum Realm.

But the TVA is IN the Quantum Realm :tinfoil:

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

thecluckmeme posted:

But the TVA is IN the Quantum Realm :tinfoil:

And that's the plot for Season Three - an army of tiny Scott Langs trying to take over the TVA.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1420430860784971777

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
The Pitch Meeting for Loki is up, in case anyone wants it. (It's good-natured for those of you not familiar with the series.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFN6MPvCYVY