Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pikey
Dec 25, 2004

Vahakyla posted:

Thanks! I checked and boom, first attempt.

Where does the graphics card spawn here? Just on the checkout counter itself?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

Pikey posted:

Where does the graphics card spawn here? Just on the checkout counter itself?

The shelf that would have candy and gum in a walmart next to the cashier. If that makes sense.

CH Science
Sep 11, 2019

This is probably a super dumb noob question, but why do I see streamers dropping their backpacks before engagements? Is it just to negate the weight penalty?

Hazamuth
May 9, 2007

the original bugsy

That and out of spite, so if they lose the other party won't get the loot. Mostly weight issues, though. Some larger backpacks also make your silouette larger.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I feel like some backpacks are ludicrously large considering how easy it is to get overburdened atm

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
I think bsg made it way easier to get strength xp i've been playing a fair amount but hardly poopsocking this wipe and i'm at 4 strength at level like 16 already

Hazamuth
May 9, 2007

the original bugsy

Yeah it seems so, I'm at 10 STR at 31. I sort of like it that you need to work towards being able to have a large kit equipped AND carry poo poo ton of loot.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

Hazamuth posted:

Yeah it seems so, I'm at 10 STR at 31. I sort of like it that you need to work towards being able to have a large kit equipped AND carry poo poo ton of loot.

drat 10 strength used to be something you had to either poopsock or exploit for, that's cool. any cool jumps you've noticed you can make now?

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

CH Science posted:

This is probably a super dumb noob question, but why do I see streamers dropping their backpacks before engagements? Is it just to negate the weight penalty?

Yeah. You’re more agile and can move silently. If you don’t have anything in your bag it doesn’t matter though

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

hello internet posted:

Yeah. You’re more agile and can move silently. If you don’t have anything in your bag it doesn’t matter though

Also, if you win, you can quickly nab the dead guys backpack without even searching it and get the hell back to safety wherever you stashed the backpack to sort through everything.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

CH Science posted:

They can't slowly put on cool shades when it's go time so they drop their backpacks instead

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
There should be a pointless animation of your PMC putting on sun glasses.

Hazamuth
May 9, 2007

the original bugsy

Phobeste posted:

drat 10 strength used to be something you had to either poopsock or exploit for, that's cool. any cool jumps you've noticed you can make now?

Not really as the change happens somewhat gradually. I would need to benchmark against a level 1 char to notice a difference. I mean, being 5% faster (or something) does make a difference in the long run, but haven't really noticed a huge difference.

For example, higher stamina is much more noticeable.

Hazamuth fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Jul 22, 2021

sinburger
Sep 10, 2006

*hurk*

Kikas posted:

Has anyone else been encountering more and more "Anticheat connection failed" errors this wipe? I swear, almost every time I go out as a Scav it's like 10 minutes on the dot before I get one. I even switched ISPs for a bit to check if it was that but nope, still disconnects into game crashes all day.

On their twitter feed they've been announcing a lot of server maintenance lately, you can still raid but raid only last 10 minutes while it's ongoing.

You might just be hitting today maintenance times.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

with a larger sample size i feel like i can now confidently say scav karma doesn't really do anything as far as starting loadout goes

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.
Nikita trying to de-meta the gun builds, but then immediately everyone turns to the MK47 as the obvious new meta gun, is deeply funny to me.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

Franks Happy Place posted:

Nikita trying to de-meta the gun builds, but then immediately everyone turns to the MK47 as the obvious new meta gun, is deeply funny to me.

It's the Vector all over again, oh BSG never change

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

Cage Kicker posted:

It's the Vector all over again, oh BSG never change

I don't understand how it even happens tbqh. Like he has said repeatedly that he doesn't want any given gun to be heads and shoulders above the rest, and they have all of the internal data about the theoretical mods people could install on a given weapon to get X recoil and Y ergo, and yet somehow they are constantly surprised that they somehow made yet another ~30 recoil lazer beam gun.

You could literally solve this problem in Excel, guys.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn
I shot some sweaty level 34 dude in the forehead with a one tap ADAR and stole his "meta" badass mk47 and all his super body armor and loot.

:madmax:

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

Odd take, I think we are going to have some OP weapons but they should expensive as gently caress and rare. The in-game economics needs serious adjustments.

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

The RFB /w 2.5 prism has quickly become my favorite gun. It's cheap to run compared to SA-58, and at this point of the wipe m80 still fucks people up on the regular

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

dammit just got hit with the "anticheat connection failed" error as I was about to loot a pmc

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...

hello internet posted:

The RFB /w 2.5 prism has quickly become my favorite gun. It's cheap to run compared to SA-58, and at this point of the wipe m80 still fucks people up on the regular

I started running the RFB a lot last wipe and really liked it. I'm cheap and never did meta kits so that's probably why..

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

TipsyMcStagger posted:

I started running the RFB a lot last wipe and really liked it. I'm cheap and never did meta kits so that's probably why..

I really like the premise of landing 1-3 well aimed shots over full mag dumps.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

I just run ak-74s and tell myself I like it.

Combat results are mixed, but the guns are cheap and the ammo plentiful

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

BrotherJayne posted:

I just run ak-74s and tell myself I like it.

Combat results are mixed, but the guns are cheap and the ammo plentiful

Same, I just put 10 rounds of igolnik at the top of each mag

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

hello internet posted:

I really like the premise of landing 1-3 well aimed shots over full mag dumps.

This is why even late into wipes I usually run OP-SKS when I'm not shotgunning, just with increasingly more expensive mods slapped on. There's something about either drilling someone's face or blowing out their legs from a distance with a few shots that's way more satisfying than listening to VRRT then watching them fall down before I have to spend fifteen seconds repacking mags.

Atlas_Quinn
Jul 26, 2021
deplorable j4g
Ugh... I wish I could play this game still.. Feel like I'm going to have a loving heart attack every time I play it so my doctor told me to stop. >.<

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

Atlas_Quinn posted:

Ugh... I wish I could play this game still.. Feel like I'm going to have a loving heart attack every time I play it so my doctor told me to stop. >.<

Player the single player mod. Waaaaay more chill.

https://hub.sp-tarkov.com/

Incoming Chinchilla
Apr 2, 2010
Taken me too long to realise how lucrative loot runs on Shoreline are.

Theres a line to take through the Villa and the village which has about 4-5 caches, a dozen jackets and 4 safes. Almost never people there either.

Easily 500K+ per run

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

i'm addicted to scavving on reserve

my quests are lagging and my stash is full but all i wanna do is rat around leeching off the big boy fights

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Hooplah posted:

i'm addicted to scavving on reserve

my quests are lagging and my stash is full but all i wanna do is rat around leeching off the big boy fights

I gotta start running reserve soon, where do I go to fight raiders

Incoming Chinchilla
Apr 2, 2010
Reserve is mad as a PMC. I only go there if i need to.

Is there a strategy for going solo other than getting insane at PVP?

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

go in with cheap poo poo, lay low, play slow and opportunistically? you won't be grabbing poo poo from all the marked rooms, but even places like the pawn buildings have nice spawns. white pawn roof has a mil tech spawn i keep finding unlooted as a scav

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009
I got the dorms marked key on day one. I've only actually survived to open the door a handful of times but the stuff inside was pretty sweet and the dudes that murdered me for it definitely appreciated it.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Hooplah posted:

go in with cheap poo poo, lay low, play slow and opportunistically? you won't be grabbing poo poo from all the marked rooms, but even places like the pawn buildings have nice spawns. white pawn roof has a mil tech spawn i keep finding unlooted as a scav

People keep opening and looting the weapon cache in the garage and leaving the tech spawns. Idk what is up with that, but I love it.

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Mr Hootington posted:

People keep opening and looting the weapon cache in the garage and leaving the tech spawns. Idk what is up with that, but I love it.

I legitimately think there are people that don’t realize you can loot them.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

People are just bad at looting. I've made literally tens of millions off of dorms jackets which often go untouched despite everything else being cleaned out.

23 jackets and I check them all.

rap music fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Jul 28, 2021

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

rap music posted:

People are just bad at looting. I've made literally tens of millions off of dorms jackets which often go untouched despite everything else being cleaned out.

23 jackets and I check them all.

Yeah that is good poo poo for me too. I've hit 20 now so I'm just primary scavving and man it rules when you find a unlooted area or pop a pmc and sell his poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

hello internet posted:

I legitimately think there are people that don’t realize you can loot them.

what are these tech spawns?