Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Season 3 was so bad it made me wish for more like season 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Hughmoris posted:

Is Westworld still going? I remember the first part of season 1 being engaging, then I fell out of it. I heard season 2 crawled a bit too far up its own butt, and I never really heard anything about season 3.

Just watch the Preston Jacobs recaps.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Hughmoris posted:

Is Westworld still going? I remember the first part of season 1 being engaging, then I fell out of it. I heard season 2 crawled a bit too far up its own butt, and I never really heard anything about season 3.

S4 is filming right now and just got shut down due to Covid.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
The Kings also did The Bite, with Taylor Schilling and Audra McDonald. Very much like their work on BrainDead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPaby25cGts

I've seen it, and it's good.

GreenNight posted:

Shrug, it's a good show by CW standards but it's still not a show for everyone.

S&L is a mid-tier CW show. There are significantly better CW shows currently airing.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Yes, it’s no Riverdale.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1420218316694642689
gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
He went to the hospital 8 hours ago and we have no idea how he’s doing. How can that not be bad.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Hughmoris posted:

You should probably finish up Season 1 because it is really good TV. Then just pretend they didn't make anymore.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

GreenNight posted:

Yes, it’s no Riverdale.

In The Dark, Legends of Tomorrow and All American are all better shows. Kung Fu is at least as good too, IMO, with a fraction of the budget.

Then, historically, you've got iZombie, Jane The Virgin, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, even something like The 100...

Riverdale is a burning dumpster fire with some nice production value.

Cojawfee posted:

You should probably finish up Season 1 because it is really good TV. Then just pretend they didn't make anymore.

TBH the first season really didn't work for me either. For a supposedly serious minded show, there's a lot of nonsense, and the entire thing is very shallow.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I don’t care about shows that aren’t on TV anymore. And I like Superman more than Legends this year.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
Mention of The 100 reminded me how much I disliked the finale of that show, and looked up and saw that the prequel series is still not quite dead as of 2 months ago, so that might still happen.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I'm going through The 100 right now, I'm on season 6. It's been pretty good but it gets really frustrating when people do the dumbest possible thing they can do for no reason.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

I think I stopped two seasons short of the end of The 100. I vaguely intend to go back and finish it one day, but it's always been one of those shows that I'm just never really in the right mood to watch.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I started feeling that way when I started season 6. It takes a drastically different turn from the rest of the show.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
The 100 is great until the final season. I actually stopped watching it during season 3 despite it being one of my favorite shows for heavy spoiler reasons. But last year I picked it up from the start and binged it right through and seasons 4 and 5 are great. But then 6 is odd and then 7...idk what happened behind the scenes.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

At some point every scifi show turns into Stargate

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Mu Zeta posted:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Mu Zeta posted:

Checks out, Christopher Judge is the new voice of black panther

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Stopped my Community rewatch in the middle of Season 5, when an important part of the cast left. I'll pick it up again, but kinda dreading it.

Been an interesting ride. They've shortshrifted Pierce after season 3 for I guess real life reasons, but the show hardly suffers for it. And to my surprise, the much dreaded Season 4 actually wasn't as bad I as I feared, it coasted pretty well on the affections and mechanics that the show already established. There are some dire eps, but on the whole it was a pleasant watching experience, even if it didn't make me laugh more than a couple times an episode.

And honestly the way things went with Britta and Troy was probably the most emotionally adroit and evolved relationship pair thing the show has ever done. Honestly think the temporary showrunners had a better handle on the love matches than Harmon did, which is hilarious to say. And this is proved again when Harmon comes back in the 5th season and Annie/Jeff is teased yet again (the other showrunners did as well, but to not quite that extent).

But gently caress the parts of the 5th season I've seen are hilarious and hold up well against the earlier parts of the show. A little leery of seeing what else is next but hopefully it somehow keeps up the quality.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

muscles like this! posted:

The lack of updates is super concerning. gently caress. I hope he’s alright, he’s easily one of my favorite actors.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Shageletic posted:

Stopped my Community rewatch in the middle of Season 5, when an important part of the cast left. I'll pick it up again, but kinda dreading it.

Been an interesting ride. They've shortshrifted Pierce after season 3 for I guess real life reasons, but the show hardly suffers for it. And to my surprise, the much dreaded Season 4 actually wasn't as bad I as I feared, it coasted pretty well on the affections and mechanics that the show already established. There are some dire eps, but on the whole it was a pleasant watching experience, even if it didn't make me laugh more than a couple times an episode.

The situation with Chevy/Pierce is just confusing as hell. People complained that Chevy was lovely to work with and racist, and they also wrote his character to be lovely to work with and racist. What did they expect?

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Cojawfee posted:

The situation with Chevy/Pierce is just confusing as hell. People complained that Chevy was lovely to work with and racist, and they also wrote his character to be lovely to work with and racist. What did they expect?

I mean, Micheal C. Hall never murdered anyone (that I'm aware of). It's possible to pretend to be a certain role even without being that person in real life.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

muscles like this! posted:

gently caress me... I know I don't know the guy in real life but man. Get better Mr Show!

Cojawfee posted:

I can't decide if they just decided to write Pierce more that way since he was being racist in real life but still... leads to a toxic place to be. From the backstage gossip they didn't have to keep him there that long so he made everyone uncomfortable for no real reason. Not that anyone should have to put up with it, but being racist and mean to Yvette Nicole Brown just feels like "kicking puppies" extra lovely. She's like that nice mom your friend has that always tries to feed you. Wish they could have booted Chevy right off the bat and did like that one goon suggested: have Starburns or Leonard take his place. Good thing nowadays people shouldn't even slightly feel the need to put up with a douchey racist boomer.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

XboxPants posted:

I mean, Micheal C. Hall never murdered anyone (that I'm aware of). It's possible to pretend to be a certain role even without being that person in real life.

I feel like it's a recurring theme with actors playing assholes in comedy TV-shows being real-life monsters.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

DogsInSpace! posted:

gently caress me... I know I don't know the guy in real life but man. Get better Mr Show!

I can't decide if they just decided to write Pierce more that way since he was being racist in real life but still... leads to a toxic place to be. From the backstage gossip they didn't have to keep him there that long so he made everyone uncomfortable for no real reason. Not that anyone should have to put up with it, but being racist and mean to Yvette Nicole Brown just feels like "kicking puppies" extra lovely. She's like that nice mom your friend has that always tries to feed you. Wish they could have booted Chevy right off the bat and did like that one goon suggested: have Starburns or Leonard take his place. Good thing nowadays people shouldn't even slightly feel the need to put up with a douchey racist boomer.

This must be when she isn't tweeting weird taunts and insults at Briahna Joy Gray.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

yeah YNB is really mean and cruel on twitter.

obviously that does not mean she deserved to be harassed by chevy though he can gently caress right off

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

obviously that does not mean she deserved to be harassed by chevy though he can gently caress right off

Yeah, of course. I think there were a lot of strong and vaguely hostile personalities on that show, Harmon included, and it produced an on-edge workplace. Not sure how that'll affect the movie that's being talked about again.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Open Source Idiom posted:

The Kevin Can gently caress Himself finale is going to be hard to beat. Genuinely fantastic. It and Creamerie are my two new favourite shows this year, and I really hope they get more attention.

I feel like it didn't always work this season but it came together really well and now I'm excited to see where they go with it.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Nichael posted:

Yeah, of course. I think there were a lot of strong and vaguely hostile personalities on that show, Harmon included, and it produced an on-edge workplace. Not sure how that'll affect the movie that's being talked about again.

If this happens I'd prefer it just be Troy, Abed, and Annie at this point.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

they're just going to give us the chang movie instead

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Ugly In The Morning posted:

The lack of updates is super concerning. gently caress. I hope he’s alright, he’s easily one of my favorite actors.

Yeah, the fact that its been a full day without hearing how he's doing is not great.

Tequila25
May 12, 2001
Ask me about tapioca.

MiddleOne posted:

I feel like it's a recurring theme with actors playing assholes in comedy TV-shows being real-life monsters.

There was a comment on The Good Place official podcast that Ben Koldyke was cast as Brent specifically because in real life he's the opposite of Brent, unlike a lot of actors that play similar roles.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Nichael posted:

This must be when she isn't tweeting weird taunts and insults at Briahna Joy Gray.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

Goddamit really? <sigh> Why the gently caress would she pick on Briahna Joy Gray? I hate finding out stuff like this. At least my friends mom is still cool. Also old guys like Anthony Hopkins and Sam Neill.

IRQ posted:

If this happens I'd prefer it just be Troy, Abed, and Annie at this point.

Troy, Abed and Annie were always the heart of the show to me anyway. I enjoyed later seasons but it was never quite the same.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

DogsInSpace! posted:

Goddamit really? <sigh> Why the gently caress would she pick on Briahna Joy Gray? I hate finding out stuff like this. At least my friends mom is still cool. Also old guys like Anthony Hopkins and Sam Neill.

I was watching the Jurassic Park Movies That Made Us episode and was surprised Sam Neill was so cool. I would have assumed he was just some guy who agreed to do a role, but he was really into it.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

DogsInSpace! posted:

She's one of the people who think Bernie Bros personally got Trump elected because they hate women so much, and therefore a woman of color supporting Bernie melts her brain.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Cojawfee posted:

I was watching the Jurassic Park Movies That Made Us episode and was surprised Sam Neill was so cool. I would have assumed he was just some guy who agreed to do a role, but he was really into it.

I hate to almost double post but go watch their social media. By them I mean Anthony Hopkins painting like Bob Ross when he isn't listening to metal or Sam Neill being a super Kiwi farmer dad. Seriously his clips of talking and being chill to pigs, dogs and other various farm animals was my quarantine jam. Ted Lasso levels of feel good.
https://twitter.com/twopaddocks/status/1088972409229664256?lang=en

edit:

Chairman Capone posted:

She's one of the people who think Bernie Bros personally got Trump elected because they hate women so much, and therefore a woman of color supporting Bernie melts her brain.
<sigh> Goddamit 2016 and beyond broke so many brains its sad.

DogsInSpace! fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Jul 28, 2021

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
where the gently caress is the bob odenkirk update??

:ohdear:

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I don't like this. It seems very similar to what happened when Tom Petty died, and I remember waiting forever on an update on him as well. Hopefully Bob is luckier than Tom and pulls through.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea it's incredibly wild to have zero update after 'oh yea like yesterday he just randomly collapsed'.

I don't know if there's a thread for it but I just finished Why Women Kill's first season on Paramount, shockingly solid soap opera kinda drama that managed to actually end nicely. Haven't watched season 2 yet though, so maybe it shits the bed with the second storyline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Big Mean Jerk posted:

where the gently caress is the bob odenkirk update??

He's got the finest ol' fisherman's sticky pads to see him through this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UU2bnUmdexs&t=783s