Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

I am in fact both new and bad at posting yes, but I maintain my point.

I want to hear more from my mason buddy Bif, actually. Relying on a meta read from a game four years ago seems a bit out of character for her, and she's usually got more to say even this early.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

GulagDolls posted:

i think we should do day 1 right by holding Content Game

What is it

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Sandwolf posted:

why waste your time on that?? someone said scum would get a big list of town PRs if they waited, so there's at least some merit for scum to kill Inf, but they wouldn't do that N1, cuz they'd get nothing

Inf's role can do nothing good for scum unless they keep him alive, Inf claiming makes it so if the scum want to risk getting information from their flip, they will likely get nothing

I think getting a big list of roles late in the game is probably not super helpful to scum (but may actually be useful to town.) if scum can ninja then the optimal result for them is probably getting ~2 town roles early enough to do something with that information. so maybe not N1 if they don't think any curious townies are going to snoop, but I can't imagine wanting to wait until endgame to ninja him.

if scum can't ninja (or I guess roleblock, although they've probably got better things to do with that) then they're probably just going to want to avoid Infinitum unless they decide he's lying. but it's a big risk for them, so unless they feel they've already eliminated all the good power roles they'd probably be better off aiming for someone else.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven

Toalpaz posted:

What is it

Obviously, Mason Cop Vig

I'd mason gulag to determine the level of dimensional chess they were playing this game.

I'd cop snooze

I'd vig poop

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Snooze is also an omega class mutant wrt posting so I'd cop them early, and poopymane is suspicious for their well developed suspicion despite infi doing infi things

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
mutant!?!?

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Mason Sandwolf because that's exactly what I did as Mason Recruiter in the last somber game and it was great

Cop Steak because Steak

Vig the holy poopacy for reasons I'm voting

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Sub Rosa posted:

So I ask myself how I feel about you unvoting in response to a little bit of suspicion. And the part about already setting up justification to vote Infinitum later even without a scum read for the information doesn't sit well with me.

##vote the holy poopacy

Not liking this po-

Sandwolf posted:

this feels contrived

Yeah I agree, but you forgot to do this

##vote Sub Rosa

Idle Amalgam posted:

I'm getting back to work, but I've had a chance to get caught up and I feel like holy poopacy is the most curious of those levying suspicion against Infi.

Was infi's claim objectively bad? Maybe...
Was it objectively cool? totes.

Also seeing some mason claims out there. Neat.

Anyhow, you can all rest easy... the super sleuth is back in town.

Really tempted to vote IA instead though.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

yeah some of IA's activity here is pinging me too but I can't really define why

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Because my reads are flawless and I have the scum shook

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

PlasticAutomaton posted:

I want to hear more from my mason buddy Bif, actually. Relying on a meta read from a game four years ago seems a bit out of character for her, and she's usually got more to say even this early.

Did I never tell you about that particular game? I'll dump the whole story in masonchat later so it doesn't clog up the whole thread.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Sandwolf posted:

yeah some of IA's activity here is pinging me too but I can't really define why

Oh no we're agreeing about everything again gotta add Sandwolf to the suspect list

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Idle Amalgam posted:

Because my reads are flawless and I have the scum shook

point me to your reads

so I can poop on them!!!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Bifauxnen posted:

Oh no we're agreeing about everything again gotta add Sandwolf to the suspect list

I reckon if you crunched the actual numbers on this, at this point, it's more likely to indicate we're town together !!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Sandwolf posted:

I reckon if you crunched the actual numbers on this, at this point, it's more likely to indicate we're town together !!

Ok whew we don't agree on gamblers fallacy

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I don't understand why the holy poopacy and taste thought that Inf's role claim would lead to scum rushing to kill Inf night 1.

I'm willing to believe that the holy poopacy explained it and I just can't parse the discussion, but I don't think taste has posted since?

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Toalpaz posted:

What is it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Fs16lB9Gf8
Content Game

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

PlasticAutomaton posted:

this post is fake too. ##vote plastic

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Idle Amalgam posted:

Obviously, Mason Cop Vig

mason sandwolf because his posts seem earnest and not-disingenuous, and also he has the best av

cop snooze cruise actually on reread I'm not sure their post is a problem, so I guess cop circlmastr for low content posting

vig... idk but I keep coming back to this

Toalpaz posted:

One thing I like about your claim is that if you are town you are effectively VT with no benefits for town now so that's good.

Toalpaz posted:

Folks I'm going to 'help' infinitum tonight with a pro town action

i really don't follow this logic. i have no idea how long toalpaz's joke phase runs but individually neither of these make a lot of sense to me and together they seem to contradict each other. i dunno i'm going to have to think about the implications of claiming visits.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

If there's one thing I've learned about Toalpaz, it's that they always act in contradictory, scummy-looking ways as town, and everyone just kinda shrugs at it because that's just how Toalpaz is.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
maybe it's a stretch but the scenario that worries me most is if scum have a bunch of non-vanilla roles that let them make non lethal visits, then getting the fingerprints of multiple scum on Infinitum could be really really good for them. idk, maybe that would be too risky though.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

PlasticAutomaton posted:

If there's one thing I've learned about Toalpaz, it's that they always act in contradictory, scummy-looking ways as town, and everyone just kinda shrugs at it because that's just how Toalpaz is.

how new are you exactly?

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

This is my fourth game.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

PlasticAutomaton posted:

ew

the holy poopacy posted:

i really don't follow this logic. i have no idea how long toalpaz's joke phase runs but individually neither of these make a lot of sense to me and together they seem to contradict each other. i dunno i'm going to have to think about the implications of claiming visits.

what is the contradiction here though?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

the holy poopacy posted:

maybe it's a stretch but the scenario that worries me most is if scum have a bunch of non-vanilla roles that let them make non lethal visits, then getting the fingerprints of multiple scum on Infinitum could be really really good for them. idk, maybe that would be too risky though.

How about we all agree to cross the Inf bridge when we get to it! I don’t think this conversation uncovers scum today.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

I'm not afraid to admit I've been enjoying Space Jam shenanigans too much today, I just got back from taking the cat to the vet and he kindly poo poo in the carrier so I'm going to decompress and catch up on what I've missed.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I like the cut of this Poopacy's jib

the holy poopacy posted:

how new are you exactly?

How about you, you don't seem as new as your VF profile suggests, have you played more outside SA?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Sorry mate I'm too busy to sign up for another Mafia game I'm in one already and it only just started

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Bifauxnen posted:

I like the cut of this Poopacy's jib

How about you, you don't seem as new as your VF profile suggests, have you played more outside SA?

I've played a couple here, aliases Gabriel Pope/Straight White Shark (is there a way to put this on VF? I'm too lazy to check)

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Snooze Cruise posted:

what is the contradiction here though?

I just have a hard time squaring "this is basically VT, which makes it believable to me" with "I am semi-outing myself to use a night action on the believable psuedo-VT claim"

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
maybe toalpaz has some weird power that makes sense for, though. I can't really see the edge in it for any of the more common roles but I'm not terribly imaginitive at coming up with unique mafia abilities

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

the holy poopacy posted:

I just have a hard time squaring "this is basically VT, which makes it believable to me" with "I am semi-outing myself to use a night action on the believable psuedo-VT claim"

I don't usually get Toal but in this particular case I assumed Toal was joking about planning to 'help' Inf with a pro-town murder

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Bifauxnen posted:

I don't usually get Toal but in this particular case I assumed Toal was joking about planning to 'help' Inf with a pro-town murder

oh. were they also being facetious about a vanilla-ish claim being a good look? it sounded like a seriouspost to me but if Toalpaz doesn't do that sort of thing then both posts make way more sense in hindsight

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Inf’s claim is p close to VT, the only ability they have activated on death.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Cop Bif because I have a hard time reading her.

Mason Sub Rosa, they seem thoughtful and would be good to discuss scum with

Vig taste because taste is a mystery and I think he always ends up looking scummy to me

OK gonna need more than that

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Did I do it right Gulag?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

GulagDolls posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Fs16lB9Gf8
Content Game

1.circlmaster